[ROM][4.2.2] Tweaked CARBON-JB-v1.8-i9300 V3.3.1 FINAL [Nov20]

Search This thread

pinguy1982

May 10, 2012
This is a tweaked versions of CARBON-JB-v1.8-i9300 so all credit goes to the Carbon Team for the ROM.

Changes Made:
  • Added Motorola Launcher with Circle Widget and KitKat 4.4 Launcher.
  • Replaced stock gallery with Sony Z Album and Movie app (Facebook & Twitter integration working.)
  • Added Sony Z Walkman app with UPNP/DLNA Media Server.
  • Added Moto X Camera, some features not working. See link for details.
  • Replaced the default kernel with the Boeffla-Kernel 2 by Lord Boeffla.
  • Added BeatsAudio+xLoud+ClearAudio and ViPER4Android.
  • Added Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for improved video processing.
  • Modified Adobe Flash 11.1 with Hulu support.
  • Facebook sync working.
  • KitKat Apps. Google Now, Hangouts with integrated SMS, Calendar, Email, Keep ect.
  • Forced all rendering to be done on the GPU. Should help with gaming and make things more smoother.
  • GoogleEars.
  • Kick Ass Kernelizer
  • Auto-zipalign and defragdb on boot
  • Auto Calibration on boot. Only does a few programs each boot. So may take a few reboots to calibrate all of them.
  • Plus many improvements taken from this thread + many others.

I also added some terminal commands.
Run each command with SU first then the command.
  • fixfc - Fix apps force closing.
  • sclean - Clean the dalvik cache and cache partition
  • v6 - run the V6 SuperCharger script. I have tested this but it seems to make no improvements.

Know bugs
  • Not a bug as such but something you should be aware of. It does take a few reboots to optimise all the apps.
  • On first boot you need to hold down the power button to reboot the phone (I normally do this at the setup screen). You only have to do this once and will reboot fine afterwards.
Any more issues please report them.

Last edited:

ali8383

Aug 28, 2010
Hamad Town
Xiaomi Mi 10
thank you for this rom ,,,

i dont know why i should come back to old android version !!

but anyway i'll try it , and the most important thing to me , is camera quality :)

pinguy1982

May 10, 2012
V3 out.

Minor bug fixes and speed improvements, and updated system apps to latests versions.

predator.sro

Dec 3, 2010
Realme 5 Pro
Now testing but it seems like this is nice smooth and fast rom. Im surprised that isnt here more conversations about it...maybe it is so perfect :) I will post more experiences later...thanks pinguy1982!

Reactions: pinguy1982

pinguy1982

May 10, 2012
Now testing but it seems like this is nice smooth and fast rom. Im surprised that isnt here more conversations about it...maybe it is so perfect :) I will post more experiences later...thanks pinguy1982!

I am hoping the lack of feedback is due to there being nothing wrong with the ROM :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a tweaked versions of CARBON-JB-v1.8-i9300 so all credit goes to the Carbon Team for the ROM.

Changes Made:
    • Added Motorola Launcher with Circle Widget and KitKat 4.4 Launcher.
    • Replaced stock gallery with Sony Z Album and Movie app (Facebook & Twitter integration working.)
    • Added Sony Z Walkman app with UPNP/DLNA Media Server.
    • Added Moto X Camera, some features not working. See link for details.
    • Replaced the default kernel with the Boeffla-Kernel 2 by Lord Boeffla.
    • Added BeatsAudio+xLoud+ClearAudio and ViPER4Android.
    • Added Mobile BRAVIA® Engine for improved video processing.
    • Modified Adobe Flash 11.1 with Hulu support.
    • Facebook sync working.
    • KitKat Apps. Google Now, Hangouts with integrated SMS, Calendar, Email, Keep ect.
    • Forced all rendering to be done on the GPU. Should help with gaming and make things more smoother.
    • GoogleEars.
    • Kick Ass Kernelizer
    • Auto-zipalign and defragdb on boot
    • Auto Calibration on boot. Only does a few programs each boot. So may take a few reboots to calibrate all of them.
    • Plus many improvements taken from this thread + many others.

I also added some terminal commands.
    Run each command with SU first then the command.
    • fixfc - Fix apps force closing.
    • sclean - Clean the dalvik cache and cache partition
    • v6 - run the V6 SuperCharger script. I have tested this but it seems to make no improvements.

Know bugs
    • Not a bug as such but something you should be aware of. It does take a few reboots to optimise all the apps.
    • On first boot you need to hold down the power button to reboot the phone (I normally do this at the setup screen). You only have to do this once and will reboot fine afterwards.
    Any more issues please report them.

V3.2

This is going to be the Final based on 4.2.2

Added Faceunlock. Updated Bravia to version 3 (Only works with the Sony Movie Player). Removed DNS caching as this was having a negative effect on internet speeds. Some minor memory management tweaks.
    V3.3.1 is out.

No need to download if you already have v3.3. Only changes is I included SuperBeam and AirDroid for wireless file management.
    v3.3

Had to do a quick fix as I found a bug that was causing huge battery drains. I am pretty sure it's fix with this update but I need to run the ROM in for at least a day to make sure. If there is still issues with the battery all that will need to be done is remove a few lines from the build.prop