LG PC Suite Version Hacker v1.0 - Install your KDZ files with LG PC Suite

Search This thread

postacik

Feb 4, 2013
Istanbul
Hi I'm Italian and I just bought an E975 white from Germany in English language only.. I need to know if it's possible to install italian firmware and if it turns language in Italian without risks to brick the phone. Thanks in advance
AG

In theory, if you download the latest Italian kdz file for your phone and install it with this tool, you should have no problems.

But only someone who has tried it before on E975 can tell if it really works.

Sent from my LG-P880

dev0lver

Apr 20, 2013
Čakovec
to ask
situation is like this
i have currently on my phone V20C basseband, phone is rooted, bootloader unlocked, and running vanir 4.3 rom, when i bought it i had V20B EUR-xxx baseband, but pc suite has shown me that i have update so i did it, and my phone got to V20C AME-xxx -.-
after update i rooted and unlocked the phone
so now i would like to flash v20b kdz to get old baseband back on my phone, since i live in Croatia

my questions are:
1. do i need consistent internet access for this method to work, or do i need only kdz file with lg pc suite and your helping app (with working drivers for the phone and so on), and install without internet when i collect everything that i need ??
because i am by my parents now and have internet only over phone, no router, so if i can download that by my cousin and install that at home without internet that would be great
2. since you say that we should have stock rom on our phone, so that pc suite can run normally, can i flash rom like Zaiben which is stock rom but without lg bloatware, because i have now CM Vanir version 4.3
3. phone needs to be turned on when connected to the PC or it needs to be turned off (with removed battery, sim card, sd card, or something like that)
if on - which option to select on phone when connected to pc (media transfer, pc software (i don't remember what options are there))
if off - does the phone needs to be in download mode (plugging the phone with holding volume -)
4. this works with latest pc suite form lg or only with version 5.2 ??
5. after updating, i will need to root phone again, and after that i can use rom manager to install CWM and restore previous custom rom, or do you recommend fresh install of the rom ??

if someone can answer this questions i would be grateful, because i am limited with data plan on mobile network, and can't do through whole threat to find answers for my questions

thanks in advance for any help
:highfive: :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

CrawnberyJack

Feb 5, 2012
I Use e975 .

- windows 8.1 x 64 .

- download stops at 22% (tried renaming , compatibility bla bla.. nothing happens)
- pc suite version: 5.3.xxxxx

postacik

Feb 4, 2013
Istanbul
to ask
situation is like this
i have currently on my phone V20C basseband, phone is rooted, bootloader unlocked, and running vanir 4.3 rom, when i bought it i had V20B EUR-xxx baseband, but pc suite has shown me that i have update so i did it, and my phone got to V20C AME-xxx -.-
after update i rooted and unlocked the phone
so now i would like to flash v20b kdz to get old baseband back on my phone, since i live in Croatia

my questions are:
1. do i need consistent internet access for this method to work, or do i need only kdz file with lg pc suite and your helping app (with working drivers for the phone and so on), and install without internet when i collect everything that i need ??
because i am by my parents now and have internet only over phone, no router, so if i can download that by my cousin and install that at home without internet that would be great
2. since you say that we should have stock rom on our phone, so that pc suite can run normally, can i flash rom like Zaiben which is stock rom but without lg bloatware, because i have now CM Vanir version 4.3
3. phone needs to be turned on when connected to the PC or it needs to be turned off (with removed battery, sim card, sd card, or something like that)
if on - which option to select on phone when connected to pc (media transfer, pc software (i don't remember what options are there))
if off - does the phone needs to be in download mode (plugging the phone with holding volume -)
4. this works with latest pc suite form lg or only with version 5.2 ??
5. after updating, i will need to root phone again, and after that i can use rom manager to install CWM and restore previous custom rom, or do you recommend fresh install of the rom ??

if someone can answer this questions i would be grateful, because i am limited with data plan on mobile network, and can't do through whole threat to find answers for my questions

thanks in advance for any help
:highfive: :fingers-crossed:

1. You need to have Internet access but only a few kilobytes will be transferred during the version check and the kdz file will be served from your hard disk.
2. Just check if LG PC Suite detects your phone or not.
3. Just connect your phone to PC via USB with LG Software mode selected on the phone.
4. I've tested with 5.2. I don't know if it will work with later versions but in theory, yes, it should work.
5. Fresh install is always recommended.

Reactions: dev0lver

dev0lver

Apr 20, 2013
Čakovec
I get an error while upgrade
I download the kdz, but can't upgrade
Gets to 5% and then it aborts
I have windows 8 x64
Lgkdz is running in compatibility mode for xp with administrator rights
I am running zaiben rom based on v20a
Or should I try magic rom which is based on v20c, which is my baseband in cm
In zaiben for baseband says l6260modem_sic_02.1233.00

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

postacik

Feb 4, 2013
Istanbul
I get an error while upgrade
I download the kdz, but can't upgrade
Gets to 5% and then it aborts
I have windows 8 x64
Lgkdz is running in compatibility mode for xp with administrator rights
I am running zaiben rom based on v20a
Or should I try magic rom which is based on v20c, which is my baseband in cm
In zaiben for baseband says l6260modem_sic_02.1233.00

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can also use LG Mobile Support Tool together with LG PC Suite Version Hacker to install KDZ files.

You can download the tool from the link below:

http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

y3kt

Aug 6, 2009
Miami
www.club-berry.com
Hi, this is an excellent simple tool to fool LG PC Suite. Although I didn't had luck with Windows 7 x64 SP1, with Windows XP SP3 I could succesfully upgrade two E975 (Optimus G) from 10B to 10G, from SEA to EUR to include spanish on it. The version of LG PC Suite I installed was v5.3 (Build 17133).

Reactions: postacik

nadier

Oct 24, 2008
can someone post a working link to the lg pc suire version hacker tool? been looking everywhere and cant seem to find one

m.heydari2016

Aug 30, 2013
Dear friends,
i have a problem with upgrading with LG pc suite hacker, i use lg pc suite 5.3.06.20130913 and i want to upgrade optimus g to 10i but i got this error:
i did those steps, but nothing changed. what should i do?

Attachments

• 18804838778532300580.jpg
    18804838778532300580.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:

Windziarz

Dec 4, 2006
Łódź
I can confirm that program works ok with latest PC Suite. I have just flashed LG G2 D802 on Windows Xp.

Wysłane z mojego LG-D802 przy użyciu Tapatalka

postacik

Feb 4, 2013
Istanbul
I upgraded from Turkish v20c to Turkish v20d on Windows XP with LG Mobile Support Tool + LG PC Suite Version Hacker.

Unfortunately, there are no noticable changes in version 20d.

It's a shame that LG does not publish release notes of new versions.

It's a common practice in the software business to publish release notes for every new version but LG does not follow this practice..

Last edited:
Reactions: m.heydari2016

clesuite

Dec 12, 2013
It may be due to security restrictions on Windows 8.1.

I'll try to fix it if I can make a test environment for Windows 8.1.

No need to try. Tnx anyway,..

I was trying with XP and Win7 too,... The same story. I did every thing OK. But it wrote KDZ file selected and there was stop....
Pc suite or LGMobile Support Tool said that i have the lastest software.

Do you thing that i must something set on my phone??? (except lg software connect,..)?

*I was traying downgrade from V20C Austria drei2 to V20B Slovenia Mobitel (my official rom) -do you thing there's a problem?

p.s. if a was traying to link it via browser -"csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=MYIMEINUMBER"-
LGKDZ are responding,... but if i traying via PC suite it not :S

Last edited:

Damien11

Feb 7, 2014
How do I flash from F180L20p to International version E97510F? Do I need to downgrade first to 10x x=lower letter? I keep getting errors. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT
    Do NOT use this tool to DOWNGRADE from v20X to v10X!

You can safely UPGRADE from v10X to v20X or you can upgrade or downgrade between any two versions of v10X and v20X. (i.e. from v10F to v10H or from v20A to v20B)

You can also use LG Mobile Support Tool together with LG PC Suite Version Hacker to install KDZ files.
    You can download the tool from the link below:
    http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/client...2CAppSetup.exe

I myself upgraded from v10F to v10H, from v10H to v20A leaked version and from v20A leaked version to v20A official version using Windows XP without any problems and wihout losing any settings or applications.

Make sure your KDZ file does not contain any spaces in the file name.
    Flashing KDZ files on an LG phone is a complex task.

I've developed a helper application which can be used to flash any KDZ file on your hard disk using LG PC Suite.

WARNING: Use this application at your own risk.

Here are the steps to flash a KDZ file:

1. Download the application from: http://www.tazetaze.com/?dl_id=5 (186 KB)

2. Extract the LGKDZ.exe file from the zip file and execute it. (Minimum .NET Framework 2.0 required)

3. If you get a warning like the one below, click any button you like. (it does not affect the application)

jrlty.jpg

4. Click "Click to select KDZ file" button and select your KDZ file. Make sure the file name does not contain any spaces.

jrlt0.jpg

5. Connect your phone to PC with the USB cable and run LG PC Suite. (tested with LG PC Suite v5.2)

6. After your phone is recognized by LG PC Suite, click the "Upgrade Check" button.

jrluk.jpg

7. You will see the following messages in LGKDZ application and LG PC Suite will tell you that it found a new version. Click the "Upgrade" button and proceed with the upgrade (or downgrade if you chose a KDZ file with lower version)

jrlvt.jpg

jrlvd.jpg

8. Do not close the LGKDZ application until upgrade is completed.

Waiting for your precious feedbacks...

Note 1: You must have stock LG ROM installed on your phone for LG PC Suite to recognize your phone. With custom ROMs, this solution will not work.

HOW IT WORKS:

When you click the "Upgrade Check" button, LG PC Suite sends a query to LG servers with your IMEI number asking the lastest version of the firmware for your region.
    This application captures this request, changes the latest version info to V99Z, and the location of the KDZ file to the file you selected on your hard drive.

So, LG PC Suite thinks that there is a new version, downloads this "new" version from your hard disk, thinking that it's downloading from the LG servers and then flashes the KDZ to your phone.

Translation of this post in other languages:

German Translation 1
    German Translation 2
    Odp: LG PC Suite Version Hacker v1.0 - Install your KDZ files with LG PC Suite

Me to just flashed 2 pieces of P880 with V20a software and your app,

Wysyłane z mojego LG-P880 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    LG PC Suite may have issues with Windows 8.

I am using Windows XP and I upgraded my phone from Turkish v10F to Europe Open v10H using the version hacker.

And please be sure not to close "LG PC Suite Version Hacker" until upgrade is completed.
    Sorry, I'm a total noob on these things...
    So, in order to go from v10e to v10h I have to do 2 factory resets?
    Is the root really necessary? I don't really feel confident that I can succesfully root my phone without deeming it inoperable. I read we can unroot it later, but, I'm not worried about warranty it's only that I don't think I can root it properly, so, I'd prefer to do things as simply as possible and only get rid of bug ridden v10e
    If the root is optional, so is the second factory reset or I have to do both Factory Resets?
    I couldn't find the need for Factory Resets on the original post. Is it only necessary for those who have custom Roms?

Thanks a lot!

Factory reset is just to perform a clean install. After LGFlash Tool appeard, I don't use it anymore, except after root in ICS.
    The first factory reset is to clean all possible trash from the system, the second, after root is to clean the root install files.
    The root install files make the device slower than a turtle :)
    But, why you don't install JB???
    About root... Its required for you to be able to uninstall stock apps that drain your battery, also to install apps that require root.

About you being able or not... pay attention to tutorials, stay calm, no rush while performing all the steps from totorials, and you'll do it fine.
    For issues with procedures, just search in the respective threads, as last resourse, most part of the users will help you in your questions.

Good luck :good:
    AW: LG PC Suite Version Hacker v1.0 - Install your KDZ files with LG PC Suite

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you make a last try by running the LGKDZ application as administrator on Windows 7 or 8?

By the way, BlackDuty performed both a downgrade and upgrade on Windows 7.

Yes I did :)

Maybe I can test it again, so we can get sure that it's possible and I didnt have luck on the first try ;)

...sent with my LG Optimus 4X HD...