Search This thread

matheus_sc

Mar 27, 2011
Barretos-SP

very good work of houstonn

8oym.png

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
If this happens to be true, I sware this will be my last LG device outside of nexus.

Me too and will never buy an LG product, I dont even like the LG support, they put people without acknowledge and when you ask about the update they dont know, at the moment I will keep my phone as long as other companies release a phone with the same battery life.

The phone is great but the clear problem of LG is the management, incompetent people, that's all.

I think is a very good idea to sign the petition

D

Deleted member 5103593

Just curious, where did you read about Slim adding support for the G2?

I saw it somewhere on Houstonn's post about SlimBean. Don't remember where exactly, but look in the forum post on SlimBean, Carbon, etc.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

very good work of houstonn

8oym.png

Is this still in internal testing? When can we expect this to be out?

nickelfault

Oct 9, 2012
I saw it somewhere on Houstonn's post about SlimBean. Don't remember where exactly, but look in the forum post on SlimBean, Carbon, etc.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Is this still in internal testing? When can we expect this to be out?

Houstonn compiled PA with 4.4. Here's the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502789. Working beautifully on my d803.

Gnarfsan

Aug 10, 2010
Same happened in Galaxy S2, with AOKP, AOSP whatever, people saying something like you, when I tested this kind of ROM, they were pure crap, problems everywhere, never seen a custom ROM working flawlessly like the stock, never.

Its really nice to have development of ROMs, but they should be much better than stock to justify the change and till now I didn't see that.

I haven't had much luck with AOSP based ROMs on my Samsung phones. But for whatever reason, they seem a lot better on this one. I use PAC as my daily driver and I'm not missing anything at all.

Dr.Molestratus

Jan 5, 2013
Silkeborg
Egg man, they never updated the G. But the question is; when the update is NOT just an update, ex 4.2, to 4.2.2,but a "new version of the Android OS"
I do think they will update.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Kiwi_Dude

It also states that LG reserves the right not to update the phone if they choose not to. Believe me, I've had my fair share of disappointments over the years with the likes of HTC and Nokia not updating their devices. I do hope we get the official 4.4 update, but if it's not to be you have two choices...

1) Keep the phone on the latest software it has (or root).

2) Get rid of the phone!

Norside

Aug 25, 2013
A place south in the north!
It also states that LG reserves the right not to update the phone if they choose not to. Believe me, I've had my fair share of disappointments over the years with the likes of HTC and Nokia not updating their devices. I do hope we get the official 4.4 update, but if it's not to be you have two choices...

1) Keep the phone on the latest software it has (or root).

2) Get rid of the phone!

I think this is one of the last chances for lg to show that they can update their phones, at least for me. If they don't update g2 to 4.4 then this is my last Lg phone (its my first lg phone btw) .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have used the custom PA 4.4 Nightly 23B, some points to take into consideration for the people that has D802 (SEA):

THE GOOD:
    - Amazing speed compared with stock.
    - The PA 4.4 version 23B is very stable.
    - During the calls, audio quality seems better.

THE CONS:
    - Gps is not working fine and Google Maps has issues with this ROM.
    - GPS does not have the blinking circle and the circle fixed when its locked.
    - Sound volume from speakers is lower than stock
    - MENU button is missing and is not possible to change the layout.
    - Battery percentage has the same color of tha battery icon and at the moment is not possible to turn it
    black to check the percentage, the battery icon is white.
    - Much less customization than stock
    - Takes a bit longer than stock to get cell signal
    - The developer of PA 4.4 seems to do a good work at developing, a bad work not answering issues when you write them
    he needs to learn from Neatrom from S2, seems the dev is in God mode, I don't like this behaviour even if the Rom is good.

The good of this ROM is its very stable considering its in ALPHA stage, different from CM 10.2 that is pure crap.

Till the issues are solved, I will stick to stock.

Does anyone see a lot of 4.3 Roms or did? Did anyone build for 3 or more variants? Did u see any 4.4 Roms? Did u see anyone build 4.4 for 4-5 variants? I work full time 9 hours a day. I have a family a kid. Do I get paid for this? No I see ppl buying other ppl phones to work on it? If I were to answer each and every question although most are repeated. I would have no time to even work out an issues I could. Do u see any other sources out there? I share all my updates my sources. Would u sit there and read hundreds and hundreds of lines of error code for nothing? Next time you wanna talk about customer service please consider asking yourself what have you done? Maybe I should just build for myself right? Then I could answer my own questions . I build for other devices as well. An other threads I have too.

Does lg answer each and everyone' s mags? Maybe they should right? U paid lg or whichever variant carrier and not me.

The funny thing is I don't even get to enjoy my phone cause I'm too damn busy either working or working on the ROM.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Thread cleaned
    Next off-topic post earns an infraction or ban
    Read the forum rules
    Post in English ONLY
    Senior Moderator
    Just when I thought LG had changed and G2 is a perfect phone... I was partially wrong

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Nobody made a perfect phone yet and I figure nobody ever will, because there will always be crybabies who will want to be able to see their screen from a negative viewing angle, 256 gigs of storage for all their media (yeah, "media"), a phone thinner than a sheet of paper, lighter than a feather and yet with a battery capacity big enough to power their phone and New York City on a New Year's eve for at least a week without recharging and all that topped of with updates ready to download even before Google actually makes them.

When all that gets done, there will still be some idiots left who will want a camera good enough to take Super Duper Full 8K macro photos of Mars's surface.

The G2 is not the best phone I will ever have, but it sure definitely is the best I had so far and the most interesting and fun one, along with the super useful features it has.

Go buy a Nexus 5 or stop complaining.

quotations_louis.png
    I'd like to report my early experience with the Vodafone Kit Kat Rom which i got today as an OTA update ( D80220A DE 16GB ).

1. Auto brightness works perfectly (although it's a bit dark in low light conditions)
    2. Knock on is instant, works perfectly and it's 100% accurate and successful (led light flashes cyan instead of white)
    3. Auto account sync now works perfectly(it used to refresh randomly)
    4. Battery life is actually better
    5. Some apps run faster and they have the 3 dot option which first appeared on 4.3 I think?
    6. Locations services and gps have merged to a single toggle button but you can still switch to different modes. Also more battery efficient.
    7. White icons on status bar and transparency for status bar + front touch buttons on apps that support it
    8. Updated LG applications
    9. On screen phone application added (allows to control phone screen from the computer while on wifi) and preinstalled Google Drive app.
    10. Camera photos are saved by default in a "camera" folder instead of the 100LGDSC.Camera(old) contains the old photos in gallery.
    11. No knock code and no ART options available.
    12. In application settings there is a separate "Disabled" bar next to "All" listing the disabled apps (Which is very convenient)
    13. Printing added on general settings
    14. 4G works normaly as before
    15. The font on some apps is bigger
    16. Weather animation now working properly and without lag on the lockscreen
    17. Camera autofocus seems to have been improved, especially in video recording
    18. No more stuttering on menu animations while something else runs in the background (i.e. When a chat head pops up or the weather widget refreshes)
    19. Option in settings for turning on or off the led notification light for downloaded apps
    20. Aspect ratio correction was removed from the settings (I can't find it so correct me if i'm wrong)

Issues:

1. "com.google.process.gapps has stopped" error showing up after each boot
    (Note : Reportedly a hard reset fixes this)
    (Note 2 : I confirmed that SwiftKey causes the error and it should be resolved by an app update.
    Vote for the bug here: http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/...stions/5560697-foreclose-on-lg-g2-at-t-kitkat)
    2. The Bluetooth process is running even when off but i don't see high impact on battery life as others mentioned.
    Eventually people will report the issue and it will be fixed in a future update.

(As for the lower benchmark scores after KitKat i've never tried it and i couldn't care less)

Version info:
    ne4ate9a.jpg

Additional thoughts:

This update is more like an "under the hood" job ! Phone feels smoother and stable overall, many small issues have been sorted and a few details here and there were refined and polished, resulting in a stock Rom the way it should be done. In short words I'm very satisfied.

Hope i've been helpful!
    Can someone explain to me why people are going bat**** insane over not getting the update the very same second as an US carrier? On a sunday?
    LG sucks because the update didn't drop instantly on all versions? What's going to happen if it takes a week more, the phone is suddenly total crap and unusable?
    I've seen spoiled kids act more mature.