[AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2 [06/28]

Search This thread

tesna

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
I flashed pa_g2-4.0-ALPHA-20131121b-d802.zip and latest PA 4.4 gapps on mine and working great so far. No reboot (yet) :D great job!

Btw, I tried to enable ART on mine but then I got crashes (NFC and phone app) after reboot. So I did a full wipe and keep using dalvik as runtime I don't encounter any errors. Does anyone else able to enable ART on their devices?

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
Super fast ls980 man thanks

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Gps don't work

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Super fast ls980 man thanks

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Gps don't work

what can i say, i put together the Sprint kk4.4 real quick.. i thought maybe you guys needed a tiny bit of loving too :p

pbedard

Jul 30, 2010
boston
It's awsome man supersonic quadrants in the 43ss man

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
Seems battery life is better than 4.2 or 4.3

Sent from my LG-G2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ive hit 6 hours screen time with data on all day on carbon a few times and its 4.3 based :p

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

I flashed pa_g2-4.0-ALPHA-20131121b-d802.zip and latest PA 4.4 gapps on mine and working great so far. No reboot (yet) :D great job!

Btw, I tried to enable ART on mine but then I got crashes (NFC and phone app) after reboot. So I did a full wipe and keep using dalvik as runtime I don't encounter any errors. Does anyone else able to enable ART on their devices?
Same happened to me trying to use ART

matheus_sc

Mar 27, 2011
Barretos-SP
First of all this is in no way a complaint or something of sort but in my opinion all these original ROMs have much much higher CPU and battery operating temperatures in any state of the phone. With stock ROM my CPU temperatures in normal usage are 35 C and with Carbon 4.3 and these alpha 4.4 are over 40 C. As soon as I start using my phone it gets warm while with stock it stays normaly "cold". Anyone has any thoughts on that? This is the only reason why I am still on stock. But I would like to go to 4.4 since it is alrdy good enough for daily driver as you guys say :laugh:

i really prefer have more 5°c than use crap stock rom....

small token 9JP09406VN839461N you really deserves

i think you deserves too Recognized Developer title

remeez

Jun 15, 2009
Cape Town
PA 4.4 gapps mirror

Hi,

Does anyone have a link to a mirror where I can download the PA 4.4 gapps? goo.im does not seem to be functioning correctly.

remeez

Last edited:

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Alright you Verizon Folks.. the devs working on CM-11.0 for g2 for vs980 has a test ROM

i am one of those guys that isn't bias and the more options and the more available to you guys makes me happy..

it seems they been working hard at bringing you guys CM-11.0 kitkat 4.4 for the verzion g2 .

ppl involved are in no particular order.

rhcp - twitter: @RHCP011235
zachf714
dalingrin
dhacker
me -houstonn :)
and a few others i may be forgetting

they didn't want to have a test build out for public testing since there were video cam issues and youtube and netflix .. I've collaborated with them and now you vs980 have a test CM build with everything working like my kitkat 4.4 (or should)

you VS980 can download the cm-11.0 kk4.4 build HERE

pls don't report back here on issues or logs etc.. i've been given permission to let you vs980 have a test taste.. if you have any questions u can chat them on irc on freenode.org channel #lg-g2

drc13

Dec 19, 2012
I'm sorry to ask this, But what is not working on Houston's 4.4 for the d802? it seems like everything is working already

Full resolution support in the AOSP camera, I did have a very brief BT/reboot bug hardly worth mentioning and after a whole 24hrs as my daily driver that's about all I've got. It's an incredibility impressive alpha and has shown me that I love plain old stock AOSP 4.4 (just need to shrink down the nav bar when xposed is updated)

Last edited:
Reactions: bervin

ock

Mar 9, 2010
I'm sorry to ask this, But what is not working on Houston's 4.4 for the d802? it seems like everything is working already

It's my daily driver. Just that some games like Granny Smith don't register touches. Very glad we have KitKat already!

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bervin

johnzm

Dec 14, 2009
can this thread be split up somehow? thread title says 4.3 but i see 4.4 mentioned, im guessing the links are all over in here, for all the different variants?

thanks for you hard work houstonn.

could you make a thread in sprint forum with 4.4 rom you've built? i think it might be easier to track bugs that way, and i might actually be able to find a download link:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PA+4.4+HALO+-+ABDW.png

AOSPA 4.4+ PARANOIDANDROID
    Kitkat 4.4.4 KTU84P android-4.4.4_r1
    D800 / D801 / D802 / D803 / VS980 / LS980

Download ROMS from DOWNLOADS

make sure you are on the latest TWRP (there are issues with CWM - u may try unofficial CWM)

DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM FOR YOUR VARIANT & FLASH AFTER rom/gapps

1. DOWNLOAD YOUR ROM

2. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PA 4.4.4 GAPPS PACKAGE - always check/use up to date Gapps unless otherwise noted

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15797 - - RECOMMEND mini modular PA Gapps latest
    http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

damage screen thread - visit here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769770

Wipe Fresh Clean Install (you all know the procedure)

3. COMPLETE CLEAN WIPE - *includes system*

4. FLASH ROM & GAPPS

5. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK

6. RUN INITIAL SETUP & REBOOT

U MUST BE ON OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM TO BOOT

Let boot take as much time as needed. This will help avoid boot issues.

*not responsible for any damages..*

ParanoidAndroid Website
    PLEASE GO HERE FOR Q&A and let's keep this thread for development thanks..​

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Personal Thanks:
    IOMonster
    Shelnutt2
    Jank4AU
    slick_rick
    Ayysir
    xboxfanj
    autoprime
    Wootever
    rchp
    zachf714
    Dees_Troy

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

Please watch the 2 videos provided below before posting in this thread. thanks

New builds are building . 4.4 beta1 . you guys will be the first non nexus device with pa using 4.4 beta1 unless released unofficially by a non pa member. You need to completely do a clean flash. Last night merges were over 300 files with about 20000 lines of code , so it took me a few hours.

Also the bakedin kernel is my custom kernel with no changes in display or gpu . I've rebased it until we know exactly what the issues are. What I don't understand is why are other ROMs getting them 2 if they are on DR's kernel source. (If they are) .

I've looked at lg's complete stock comparing the variants panel dtsi files and although some are same some are different. I'll investigate more.

I truely believe that a huge main issue is that we are still using 4.2 bootloader since its the only way we can use Loki and have custom recovery . bootloaders and our bootstack plays a huge roll in all updates. Also KitKat changes to bootstack has every bit to do with display panel related stuff. That's also why we can't boot the new kernel on the 4.2 bootstack without adding the codes that jackpotcalvvin discovered to boot the new kernel. If u look at hammerhead it even comes with newer bootstack or some of it when 4.4.3 and that's only a jump from 4.4.2 .

There are a lot of play when a kernel dev does a kernel. Everything needs to align up properly. Like if a kernel dev builds off caf based and the ROM doesn't build with caf base it mostly isn't 100% compatible. Also even updating GPU drivers need the depending repos built along with proper blobs supporting them. Just like using older camera drivers in kernel requires older binary blobs.

By anyways enjoy new release and I'll look more into this.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    I'm here, I'm back :) just catching up on some things. Haven't touched a PC in 4 months feels all new lol... I'll do a proper post to come