YouVersion NIV and NLT Offline Files

Search This thread

cidane

Sep 21, 2011
Hi Guys. First of all i want to inform everyone who uses the Youversion Bible App that the NIV and NLT version are available for download starting today until tomorrow (Oct 30 - 31). That said, can someone Download these files and upload them to any file sharing sites (pref. mediafire) and post the links here? filenames are something like niv.1.sqlite3 and is usually stored in .youversion folder in your SD card.

BTW, im trying to download right now and its almost a whole day and its always 'saying file download cancelled'. I will still continue to try and If ever im successful I will also share these files here. Im just afraid that I may not be able to download these files within 48 hours. I hope you all understand my predicament.

I will pray that someone may upload those files here and all bible users may look on this thread if ever they need those versions again.

Thanks in advance :)

Tre Lawrence

Nov 29, 2010
Hate to be the wet blanket here, but these files are not supposed to be transferred or shared in this manner. Most of these files are not supposed to be transferred from an old device to a new one per the copyright holders requirements.

Because of the materials being discussed, I think ethical concerns should be considered.

terradune

Feb 19, 2012
I understand and respect that. But it goes against the rules laid forth by the copyright owners, and makes it hard for them to justify offering it for free.

The original files were issued for one-time local download. No transfers from device to device.

Quite frankly, I hadn't considered that as I, too, was of the "I'm just transferring it between my own devices" school of thought. If that is the case, we must be the most polite and gracious pirates on teh Intarwebz! :angel:

Reactions: Tre Lawrence

coolstone

Nov 2, 2009
Reactions: greenjay

carnal1

Jan 20, 2013
Does anybody have a text version of NIV84? I can create a SQLite file for use in the app, but I don't have a full text to go by and it's very hard to come by the NIV84 lately.

I have a 2006 Zondervan interactive cd that came with my Archaeological Study Bible. ISBN 0-310-93542-3 or 978-0-310-93542-1
This IS the NIV84. It will run on Windows 7

From it I've captured the complete NT and parts of the OT and saved it as an email draft. I know if saved elsewhere, it will be useable when further versions of windows come along and my CD will no longer run as a exe program. Saving it as an email draft in rich text is very cool! Studying by changing text size and colors is a wonderful way to make important passages stand out! I think getting back my lost downloaded NIV84 for YouVersion would be nice. Off-line is a real benefit for phone and tablet.

What I REALLY want to do is somehow make my HIGHLIGHTED and font changed New Testament email draft visible on my tablet/phone. Google snips long messages on their android phones. And on the Nexus 7 there is no good way to page down or search that email draft. I REALLY want this huge draft viewable when "out and about". That way one can make changes or put notes in the text itself. Things REALLY STAND OUT when in large print and highlighted!!

Going back to a print bible or niv84 on YouVersion would actually be kinda boring, because of the monotone text, when comparing to my lively highlighted vers. But it'd be NICE to have NIV84 back again, in any mobile form.

An email provider can be your cloud based bible study tool, if you have the NT saved as an unsent draft. I'm sure I could do this on cloud storage of some sort, but email drafts is where it's at for me now, because I'm familiar with it.

If someone wants to create a NIV84 SQLite file, that would be wonderful. I REALLY cant comprehend why Biblos would want to deny us the ability to find our favorite scripture references in any online NIV text, using niv84 words or phrases floating around our brains. 84 version is already burnt in to our brain. Isn't that what computers are all about--making our lives easier, not horrifically complicated? THATS why I procured the above mentioned CD

Brian

Last edited:

Termy44

Jan 30, 2015
You Version .Yves Files

Has anyone tried to access the Yves files outside of You Version? Id like to access the verses outside the application.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys. First of all i want to inform everyone who uses the Youversion Bible App that the NIV and NLT version are available for download starting today until tomorrow (Oct 30 - 31). That said, can someone Download these files and upload them to any file sharing sites (pref. mediafire) and post the links here? filenames are something like niv.1.sqlite3 and is usually stored in .youversion folder in your SD card.

BTW, im trying to download right now and its almost a whole day and its always 'saying file download cancelled'. I will still continue to try and If ever im successful I will also share these files here. Im just afraid that I may not be able to download these files within 48 hours. I hope you all understand my predicament.

I will pray that someone may upload those files here and all bible users may look on this thread if ever they need those versions again.

NIV
    NLT

Here you go, christian warriors!

Hope it works :)
    NASB File

Pardon me for resurrecting this topic but do you guys happen to have the NASB offline as well and upload it? Thanks.

I've uploaded the Android NASB file. You can find it at http://bit.ly/iphonebiblefiles

ndim

NIV
    NLT

Here you go, christian warriors!

Hope it works :)

The links above still work. Download and rename the file extension to .Sqlite3 (it is a .txt) and paste it in the .youversion folder on your sdcard and the app will prompt you to convert the file.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

The links above still work. Download and rename the file extension to .Sqlite3 (it is a .txt) and paste it in the .youversion folder on your sdcard and the app will prompt you to convert the file.

I have zip the converted folder and you can download it here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/i294cpzlpo7ci80/111.zip. unzip this into a bibles subfolder in the .youversion folder.
    The latest version of the YouVersion Android app appears to have changed the storage format of the offline versions, when I started the app after updating it prompted me to allow a conversion of the downloaded Bibles I had. Post conversion the downloaded Bibles appear to no longer be in single .sqlite3 files but as .yves files for each book stored in a folder tree. The folder for each version is now numbered rather than named after the translation, for me at least the folder number for the 2011 NIV is 111 and 59 for the ESV.