[Q] I Bricked my 820 - need it back!

Search This thread

IrvAdams

Nov 18, 2013
My 820 was dropped and cracked, and I had it successfully repaired. It had been having memory issues from day 1, because of all the pictures imported from my Samsung, so I had them do a hard reset after the glass was replaced.

So now I had a physically repaired phone with a clear OS, and I was reloading stuff when a message popped up to update the OS(). I said 'sure' and set the unit down so it could do its thing. I picked it up later, and it was totally bricked. Side-button-based soft and hard resets don't work (buttons respond, but the procedure doesn't work right) and the screen doesn't respond to touch at all.

I simply want to flash it. I tried this procedure from another website, to no avail. I downloaded a lot of files and the Nokia Care App, but I got some permissions denied error, etc.

Does anyone know of a tried-and-true procedure for this?

Much thanks!

Reactions: uCristian

c4tatonic

Nov 19, 2013
Manchester
My 820 was dropped and cracked, and I had it successfully repaired. It had been having memory issues from day 1, because of all the pictures imported from my Samsung, so I had them do a hard reset after the glass was replaced.

So now I had a physically repaired phone with a clear OS, and I was reloading stuff when a message popped up to update the OS(). I said 'sure' and set the unit down so it could do its thing. I picked it up later, and it was totally bricked. Side-button-based soft and hard resets don't work (buttons respond, but the procedure doesn't work right) and the screen doesn't respond to touch at all.

I simply want to flash it. I tried this procedure from another website, to no avail. I downloaded a lot of files and the Nokia Care App, but I got some permissions denied error, etc.

Much thanks!

The 820 and 920 are essentially the same phone. Just a few higher spec hardware bits on the 920. Use the unbrick guide from WPcentral. Google it. (sorry can't post external links yet as am still in noob status). It does work. I have used it.
Hope it helps.

Reactions: uCristian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Much thanks!

Much thanks!

The 820 and 920 are essentially the same phone. Just a few higher spec hardware bits on the 920. Use the unbrick guide from WPcentral. Google it. (sorry can't post external links yet as am still in noob status). It does work. I have used it.
    Hope it helps.