[Kernel] Devil - 4.2.x (only cm) - 4.3 test build on page 36 and 38

Search This thread

BradleyR2010

Jul 30, 2010
GT
Devil Kernel Manager v3.0

My app is now compatible with this kernel its an alternative to DevilTools. it should show up on google play in a few hours. Check my new DEVDB thread for more info and discussion.

DEVDB thread

Attachments

• DevilAppSGS.apk
    536.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
@DerTeufel any plans to update devil kernel with the latest 4.4 code? I think there are some improvements in kitkat...

http://source.android.com/devices/low-ram.html

Thanks in advance!

I dont believe there are any kernel specific changes for 4.4 beneficial or not as slimkat and cm11 and even the aosp on xda for 4.4 all run devil unchanged from its current form

The low memory device stuff is a build.prop change if i recall and the rest are rom side changes.

I could be wrong on this someone please correct me if I am wrong

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
I dont believe there are any kernel specific changes for 4.4 beneficial or not as slimkat and cm11 and even the aosp on xda or 4.4 all run devil unchanged from its current form

The low memory device stuff is a build.prop change if i recall and the rest are too rom side changes.

I could be wrong on this someone please correct me if I am wrong

Well I'm no expert, so I will let DerTeufel look into that if he wants, but there have been changes in the kernel on kitkat, like enabling KSM and swap, which were already on devil, but there seem to have other under the hood changes as well. As I said I don't know much when it comes to kernel so I will let DerTeufel look into that.

It's not because it works like that on 4.4 that it can't be improved...

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
There's almost nothing changed at cm Crespo kernel. Do you know if other roms added more changes?

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dark_Eyes_

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
There's almost nothing changed at cm Crespo kernel. Do you know if other roms added more changes?

There's been the obvious version change (I don't know if it is a help for KitKat or an improvement for us), the aosp ROM's kernel got some patches, (but I don't know if is of any benefit either or anything you don't already include).. your kernel works flawlessly on CM, EuroSkank and Slim.. It has play store issues repoted on the Aosp ROM.. But I don't know what version they flashed or if it was flashed correctly?? Slim has some battery drain that ?may? be kernel related... But I'd still love to test an updated kernel.. ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
There almost nothing changed at cm Crespo kernel. Do you know if other roms added more changes?

Well the aosp ROM seems to have tinkered with the kernel a bit, and there are some merges from 3.4 version. It's highly possible that not much changed as devil works flawlessly with kitkat.

k-kuchen

Oct 17, 2013
I am running the latest Devil Kernel and DevilTools 0.9.6 on CM11 KitKang Nightlies. It works better than I could have hoped. But kernel settings are reset every time I reboot. Does anybody know what I can do about this?

k-kuchen

Oct 17, 2013
I have to reload it every time... Don't know what else I could try. I came from a clean install

k-kuchen

Oct 17, 2013
OK, I somehow managed to get it to work tinkering with SuperSU und Superuser. Now I am just running Superuser and it works.
But I tried reproducing it on a second Nexus S and it didn't work. So I'm still kind of lost how it works

In the settings unchecked the follow CM settings.. (SuperSU)
I'm sorry. I don't really know what you mean

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
OK, I somehow managed to get it to work tinkering with SuperSU und Superuser. Now I am just running Superuser and it works.
But I tried reproducing it on a second Nexus S and it didn't work. So I'm still kind of lost how it works

I'm sorry. I don't really know what you mean

The SuperSu superuser has a settings menu in the app.. if you click the app, then select settings.. in the settings menu you'll find an option towards the bottom that is check marked for following CM (only shows on CM roms).. Uncheck this and you gain complete su control..

Reactions: k-kuchen

k-kuchen

Oct 17, 2013
The SuperSu superuser has a settings menu in the app.. if you click the app, then select settings.. in the settings menu you'll find an option towards the bottom that is check marked for following CM (only shows on CM roms).. Uncheck this and you gain complete su control..
Thanks, that worked. But sadly settings still won't be restored after reboot. It worked only once. Tried it several times after that and had no luck.
Do you have CM Superuser disabled in Developers settings?

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Thanks, that worked. But sadly settings still won't be restored after reboot. It worked only once. Tried it several times after that and had no luck.
Do you have CM Superuser disabled in Developers settings?

Sorry for this question, but you have set:
Set on boot in settings tab? Do you get a message about a changed kernel version? And which version of the app you are using? 1.0.8 should be the latest / working one. It can be found in the app thread, but it's not in the op (because it was a quick bug fixed version), but one or two pages before the end of the thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This kernel is based off cm kernel sources for jellybean 4.2.x

Features (this list might not be complete):

- linux 3.0.62
    - selective live_oc (tweaked for maximum performance and stability)
    - touchwake
    - bln v9
    - bld
    - deep idle
    - properly fixed minimum freq 100 mhz (or live_oc freq.) while gpu not active
    - Zram
    - ported zram for android (from samsung source of S3)
    - Zcache
    - Cleancache
    - Frontswap
    - lowmemorykiller update
    - latest tweaks to row io scheduler
    - interactive governor from linux 3.4
    - "smoot_ui" for most of the governors (this pushes cpu speed to max, when touching the screen)
    - three different profiles for most of the cpu governors (presets for tunables)
    - vibration control for hardware keys

Many Thanks to:
    Teamhacksung
    Zacharias.maladroit
    Onecosmic
    ytt3r
    TK Glitch
    Ezekeel
    Eugene373
    franciscofranco
    Sunra
    scheichuwe
    perka
    bedalus
    sztupy, for his great work, to get usb host mode driver
    mialwe
    stratosk
    F4k for the idea to flash bigmem libs
    please try, if this kernel/deviltools combination fixes the low vibration intensity.

i have added an additional sysfs to the kernel, by default, the old one is used (which is also used by crespo parts).

if you want to use deviltools instead, you can activate the other sysfs in there (crespo parts then can't control vibration anymore)
    Most is already included since long time. I'll add the other things when I find enough time to update (most probably I'll switch to zswap instead of zram then)

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2
    this one is coming with new modified liblights binary for bln support, frontbuffer draw delay (please try setting it with trickster mod) and support for turning off touchkey backlight from rom settings. please report back