[ROM]+[KERNEL] [AOSP] [MAKO] [4.4] [KRT16S] [PSX]+[PSK] [v2] [11/27/2013] Pure Speed X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bmakk2055

May 15, 2011
You're right, we only can contact users, where we know, that the're longterm users.
On the other side: the thread is still open, so anybody can write a short "hey, I only read here". then we can have a look on the posts of the users and decide wether they become an invitation or not :angel:

Invite me please. First time posting here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
Not a frequent poster, but have been using PSX since the beginning. Suits me perfectly and haven't tried a single other rom since I found it, on nexus 4 and nexus 10 both. Came across it right when I was getting fed up with bloat in other roms. Appreciate all the hard work by the devs and that they shared the results with us. Sad to see it come to this :/

Elwood_It

Dec 2, 2011
Italy
You're right, we only can contact users, where we know, that the're longterm users.
On the other side: the thread is still open, so anybody can write a short "hey, I only read here". then we can have a look on the posts of the users and decide wether they become an invitation or not :angel:
I too would like to enjoy psx's future, since I bought my n4 two months ago I've used psx as my daily driver, although I was a silent follower because of school exams and my tendency of not repeating the same thing if 10 people already said it.

mondaza

Mar 23, 2012

Hi. I would like to continue learning with you and enjoy your work. Remember me, please :D

LarsPT

Nov 16, 2009
On The Run
any ideas? anyone else has problems with google hangouts?

Nope, so far no problems, but I haven't used it for voice or video calls...

You sure you did everything straight? Full factory reset, flash ROM with the recovery from OP, flash banks standard gapps and flash superSU?

If so, you can try and post logs... but I'm not sure if anyone around here is reading logs :D

PS: Oh my God this thread has become a begging wall for something that doesn't even exist yet!!

Last edited:
It'd be great if you would consider just throwing up any new builds on this thread so those of us that just want to stay up to date with your work can flash with ease. I'm guessing that the vast majority of users here don't ask for help, don't need help, and just check in regularly to get the latest versions and see the latest conversation around the ROM.

Like many others have said, this is the best ROM available for the N4, so thanks for the hard work you've put in thus far.

sky0165

Mar 10, 2012
Ct just said that v2 is the last PSX build we'll ever get and he's tired of ppl asking stupid questions AND YOU GUYS ARE BEGGING FOR INVITATION ?

Seriously. Grown up people.

I don't know if this is related to the Nexus 4 popularity or something like that, but you guys act like he owns something for us. NEVER ask for ETA's. (many posts like this)

Sometimes i think he's right for leaving XDA, with such useless posts people can create here. If this is your last decision @CTFrommm, I wish you luck and sucess in the future builds.

We'll miss PSX.

mati1414

Jan 22, 2010
Any1 noticed that trickster wont restore cpu clock ratio after reboot?

EDIT: CT i hope you will be still updating github for users which really want stay with you :)...

Send from PSX on my N4

Last edited:

thommy86

Aug 18, 2010
Oss
Currently running psx on gnex, n4 and the n5 is ordered.. Preparing my second pc for building psx..

Keep up the good work.. Very inspiring..!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

mondaza

Mar 23, 2012
before they close the thread: I'm having the best battery consumption I've ever had with my nexus 4. PSX and PSK is best :good:

aR3alCoo1Kat

Jan 15, 2012
@Sky see Post 2955

I recently got a Nexus 4. I've been trying different ROMs and found this one to be best for my needs.
It has simple customizations without the bloat and very smooth performance.
I haven't been a large presence on xda but would welcome an invite to the new community.

Nov 3, 2013
Wow. Can't believe I just read 20 pages to find this out. Guess y'all have finally done it. Sucks. I've also been a lurker and enjoyed this ROM since early 4.3 development. I think this is needed tho, a niche ROM was all @ctfrommn really wanted and I don't blame him. Love this ROM and all it has offered but still the best memories do come from the 4.3 thread. Would love to continue using this ROM of course but then again its developers decision. again, I will always be appreciative for the laughs and good humor since 4.3 and of course the ROM as well.. This will probably be my final post in here then. So ct, rusty, banks, and testers.. thank you all for your work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JayDream

Feb 17, 2013
Palm Springs, CA
Sweet.
I use to have one of them until the wheel fell off.:(

D's zvvzdxdwgzzs zzz zZzvzZzzzcvvczzoxZxzvzgOvzzzzzxz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Whoa! major typo :eek: My apologies..

And wait what do you mean that's the last build?? Well I guess that's what happens when u don't mod your thread and give a bunch of ungrateful idiots free reign to talk about whatever they want :confused:
Just my humble opinion..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM]+[KERNEL] [AOSP] [MAKO] [4.4] [KRT16S] [PSX]+[PSK] [v2] [11/27/2013] Pure Speed X

Welcome to Pure Speed X
    PSX is a fast, built from AOSP source (4.4_r1.2) Rom with an emphasis on speed and performance. Our goal is to provide unrivaled performance, stability, and a lightweight Rom with a handful of valuable features. We are not, nor ever will be focused on adding every feature out there. We will always be searching for ways to make it faster, more stable, more secure, and feature rich, but never at the cost of performance.

This thread will be a place of peace and community. We wont tolerate bickering, drama, or flaming of other members, whether seasoned or brand new. Not only will OT conversation be allowed, it is encouraged as I believe if fosters a better sense of community and an environment of sharing knowledge. Members will be treated with respect here and all questions will be answered to the best of our abilities in as timely a manner as possible.

Now sit back, enjoy yourselves, and oh yea........buckle up!

Team Speed is
    ctfrommn- Speed demon and mad scientist
    rustyjay and Martin_Ro- Dynamic duo of features and all things cool
    Banks- Scriptmaster, GAppster, and lean mean Rom machine

With very special guest
    dully79- Recognized Themer and artist for providing the professional look

Directions
    Download Rom, GApps, and SuperSU
    Reboot into recovery
    Factory reset or wipe dalvik/cache/system
    Flash Rom, GApps, and SuperSU
    Hold on tight!

Features and changelog here
    Changelog
    Feature Requests

if you want to see or know more about PSX follow us here

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pure Speed X, a ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
    ctfrommn, rustyjay, Martin_Ro, BaNkS
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-18

Created 2013-11-18
    Last Updated 2013-12-04
    Q: What features does the rom include?
    A: Read the changelog on OP

Q: I want a feature! Now! What should I do?!
    A: Fill the request sheet and if the devs like it, maybe they'll implement it.

Q: What recovery should I use in order to flash PSX?
    A: Multi ROM patched TWRP recovery is recommended! If you are getting Error 7 with your recovery, follow the next steps:

Use the Multi ROM patched TWRP*recovery from here*http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2472295
    Instructions:*
    1) Download the TWRP_multirom_mako_20131110-01.img from the second post of the thread
    2) Install it with*Flashify*from google play
    3) Reboot in recovery and flash PSX KK

Q: Im having a problem. When flashing it says Failed. E:Error executing updated binary in zip '/sdcard/psx_mako_kk_v1...
    A: Same as above

Q: Is GEL includes?
    A: Yes, with Banks GAPPS.

Q: Whats the default launcher in this rom?
    A: Launcher 3

Q: Can I use PA GAPPS?
    A: Yes you can, but we are not sure if there won't be problems. The op recommend Banks GAPPS that were tested and proved working.

Q: I don't have camera or gallery, why?
    A: You didn't flashed Banks Gapps. They are included in gapps package, not in the rom.

Q: What is the differences between gapps core vs standard?
    A: Read the explanation here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2012857

Q: Help my phone doesn't go to deep sleep mode.
    A: I am not saying that this is the case with you, maybe some app is wakelocking your device, but under low network coverage I had PowerManagerServices.WakeLocks, msm_hsic_host and radio-interface wakelocks. I had the .84 radio and after flashing the 0.97 (KitKat) radio my wakelocks were gone. You can use Better battery stats (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1179809) to check for wakelocks. The last version is working under KitKat

Q: Which Gapps package do I need to flash to get all the stock Google apps, such as Calendar, Chrome, Keyboard, Keep, Streetview viewer, etc. ? I flashed the core and standard apps package but these apps are not included. Someone please help.
    A: I think PA is the only one doing that....these are all available in the Play store hence we don't include them.

Q: Is ART running on this build?
    A: Yes, but be aware that some apps can Force Close with it (Whatsapp and TiBu for instance). Better stick with Dalvik for now.

Q: Great work devs. No problems with dirty over 8.5. One question, what do you mean by "Flippable tiles" bullet in changelog?
    A: Pull down the notification area and then go to quick settings, than slide over bluetooth or wifi. This are the flippable tiles

Q: Is there a way to get app ops to work again?
    A: Its included and called app privacy in the main settings.

Q: Where is Email exchange app?
    A: PSX Add-Ons folder on OP.
    Damn it, kinda wish CT would pop in and bash some heads around.

This has to be the worst few pages in PSX history.

Also almost everyone has said "try it and see" so you are making a moot point.

flying by on Pure Speed X [n⁴]

In sick of this entire thread and frankly the brand of users XDA has now..... I'm not losing another moments sleep over this crap. I'm done reading page after page of nitpicking, how this would be perfect if, user caused issues, and other ridiculousness. I'm certain I never solicited advice and opinion. This is a personal project I/we decided to share publicly...... I must say I'm sad I did. Reading this stuff day after day absolutely sucks all joy out of doing this.
    Somewhere along the line it became assumed that developers desire a never ending barrage of things the end user of a free product would like changed, doesn't like, or has some minute thing "wrong". There is no development talk going on here.

I can't read anymore posts that contain things like... I love this ROM , but....
    Take it as it comes our use something different. In not sure why people think I get anything from the more people use this. This is not a budding career or some other money making endeavor.

I tried to take a day off answering the endless supply of questions on a holiday only to open page after page of absolute nitpicking nonsense. I really don't like the direction these forums are going, and apart from the couple dozen very helpful people on here, the users either.

This was not my vision for creating this or opening this thread. This was a core group of close "friends" before.... We bs'd , hung out, talked about all sorts of stuff.... It was nice. Then thousands of people start using it and the whole vibe is gone.....

All this has managed to accomplish is to almost guarantee that v2 will be the final public XDA release. It truly saddens me that it would ever come to this. This is the result of unsolicited popularity.... It just kills the joy in doing this. I really, truly don't care if 5 or 5000 people like or use this. We build what we like for us. This isn't some commercial product we're trying to market.....
    I have no more to say about this...

Thanks to all who have been helpful.... I'm certain you will still benefit from anything we choose to create in the future.

Replied with pure speed
    Alright everyone.....looks like today is the day. This is a clean flash recommended new build....like if your post doesnt start with I clean flashed and am using included kernel Im not listening.....if I were everyone, Id do a fresh backup of all my apps/data on TiBu or favorite backup app of choice in preparation. Anything apart from a clean flash and you will have issues with the navigation options, at least on initial boot, as well as possible stability and other weirdities ;)

Now that my PSA is out of the way.....today should be a good day :)
    Alright all....Im only going to make this statement once....and I mean once. I have been exceedingly patient for a long time. Ive given the benefit of the doubt, been cordial when people repeatedly ask the same (without reading or researching) questions over and over.

This was released less than 24 hours ago and we now have 49 pages of essentially useless drivel. If something doesnt change and change quickly PSX will be moved to a private community where I can have peace. Ive NEVER been so disappointed with a group of users since the very first Vansaber build. I have nothing more to say on this topic....the next action you will see from me if this doesnt change is clearly stated.