[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery

Search This thread

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Neither of the download links in #1052 are links to the file? Why put up these 'fake' links?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sinosuke

Nov 30, 2011
Ruộng Rau
I think we better flash newest firmware first, then flash twrp 2.6.3.3 via fastboot. I flashed the recovery first,then flash lasted FW :p after that,when reboot into recovery,i got a black screen,then a logo of a phone with a red triangle appear . So i have to flash recovery again :( Phew...just feel like i bricked my ONE :p

Edit : Flash/restore 4.4 ROMs without any problems :D

Last edited:

mj084

Sep 26, 2008
Cause there was stock recovery in the Firmware ZIP...delete them and your TWRP will not touched...

gpmartinson

Feb 28, 2010
Flashed Recovery....then can't launch recovery

I have unlocked my phone from htcdev.com, It says "unlocked" and "tampered" and I can boot using power ans downvol and then select fastboot. Fastboot recognizes the phone. I can clear cache and install recovery from fasbtoot. I have tried Touchrecovery and CWM recovery and added an additional clear cache even. I get the same problem over and over.
When I reboot to recovery the phone says "entering recovery..." and sits for a few seconds before going dark and then rebooting.

What am I doing wrong?

vizzy

Jan 5, 2012
I have unlocked my phone from htcdev.com, It says "unlocked" and "tampered" and I can boot using power ans downvol and then select fastboot. Fastboot recognizes the phone. I can clear cache and install recovery from fasbtoot. I have tried Touchrecovery and CWM recovery and added an additional clear cache even. I get the same problem over and over.
When I reboot to recovery the phone says "entering recovery..." and sits for a few seconds before going dark and then rebooting.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have fastboot enabled in settings? Sometimes that causes me issues with recovery etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

jeoffrey

Jun 14, 2008
France
on TWRP 2.6.3.3 where the backup?

because I made a backup of my rom and the TWRP folder on the SD there is only one file ". twrps". I wish I could copy the backup on my PC to do a wipe test a new rom and then restore my backup.

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Neither of the download links in #1052 are links to the file? Why put up these 'fake' links?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The download links I put up work just fine actually. Mirror creator automatically uploads the file to multiple places so that you can choose where you want to get it from, the MEGA link also works fine. Not sure what your referring to in regards to "fake" links :rolleyes:

nteeb

Jun 29, 2010
Kaposvar
How can I save my stock recovery before flashing TWRP? It was a method to just boot into a custom recovery and make a nandroid backup from the system, including the stock recovery, but it doesn't work for now.
Sorry if it was asked before...

sordna

Dec 12, 2012
fastboot boot TWRP, and take a backup of recovery (and boot partition ie kernel if you like).
Then you can fastboot flash your custom recovery to actually write it into your recovery partition.

nteeb

Jun 29, 2010
Kaposvar
fastboot boot TWRP, and take a backup of recovery (and boot partition ie kernel if you like).
Then you can fastboot flash your custom recovery to actually write it into your recovery partition.

I did the exact same command, it ran, but the recoevry didn't booted up, just freezes the bootloader...all I can do is restart the device with pressing the power button for a while.

sordna

Dec 12, 2012
If you are rooted, use the Recovery Tools app. Its excellent and free. Apart from flashing recoveries from your phone (no USB needed) it can also backup your current recovery.

Reactions: rootlinux

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
What are the changes in 2.6.3.4 ?.

Edit :- is the 2.6.3.4 an error ?, because i flashed it and the recovery is still 2.6.3.3 .
Nope, it's an error on your end. I flashed 2.6.3.4 and it identifies itself as such when I boot into recovery. One obvious change is that it's under the m7ul folder rather than the m7 folder we've been downloading from before.

Reactions: jawonder

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
Just flashed it and it shows correctly yet it doesn't show internal sd.
Can't do anything with it.

Looked again and the only thing that mounts is data.
Can't check any other options.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.0.0-0:

-Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    -True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    -Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    -Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    -Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    -Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    -SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    -Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    -Update AOSP base to 6.0
    -A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

Downloads:
    Universal for all HTC One M7 Variants!

Official - https://dl.twrp.me/m7univ/

MdMowers - http://android.cmphys.com/twrp-m7/
    Hi,
    Can I ask what's the best way to reset permissions of backups using version 2.6?

I tried this command on my 4.1.2 stock rom:
    adb shell chmod -R 777 /data/media/TWRP

but received this: "Operation not permitted"

Root explorer won't do it either.

Thanks.
    Do you have ROOT? I think that on stock rom without root you can't execute this command.
    If you have root, then try to execute:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    for 4.1.2 rom:
    Code:
    chmod -R 777 /data/media/TWRP
    or for 4.2.2 rom:
    Code:
    chmod -R 777 /data/media/0/TWRP
    Code:
    exit
    Code:
    exit
    Here the flashable zip of twrp2.6.3.4.
    New TWRP 2.6.3.0 is out. I attached a flashable zip.

What's new in 2.6.3.0:

• Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    • Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    • Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    • Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    • A few other fixes and tweaks
    source