[DISCUSSION] CyanogenMod 11(KitKat) for Xperia X8

Search This thread

TodorSRB

Oct 15, 2011
NOTICE: Because my old laptop hdd and motherboard died, I sadly lost all my files :( BUT, I managed to gather some money and build a PC, I see a lot of effort that afi and TeamMex did, GREAT job guys, you should all really click that Thanks button on their work, so from now(when I configure my PC) I will try to contribute as much as I can to the existing work, but sadly my X8 has things that died: GSM(can't be fixed), battery(got a new one) and volume buttons(too expensive for an old phone). And also I will focus more one the new phones, since my X8 is about to RIP :/ so that's why I changed the thread to a DISCUSSION thread

Here are the links to KitKat ROMs for X8(I tested them):
Omni ROM by afi1982
Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 by TeamMex

Great job guys(Make sure to click that thanks button on those posts!)

So I see no one is going to make KitKat for Xperia X8, but I see a lot of Jelly Bean ROMs and it's weird because JB and ICS are both not recommended for under 1GB ram devices and KitKat works flawlessly on my Xperia Neo, so I just want to inform X8 users I started developing CyanogenMod11 for X8, this is going to be my first PUBLIC ROM so don't ask for ETA :)

EDIT: Because of recent news about ARMv6 processors on CM11, you might have to wait for a couple of months(2-3 maybe) for more stable source code or a workaround to be done. I'll do my best to make KitKat happen on X8 :)

Update: While working on CM11, I compiled CM10.1, it requries some kernel tweaks so I can test it :)

qgm7.png

Last edited:

TeamMex

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
can you tell me which property files are you using to compile ?

Easy modify files of Jelly bean (msm7x27-common and shakira)

and I make my own files

Edit: Boardconfigcommon.mk

add

TARGET_ARCH := arm
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT := generic
TARGET_RUNNING_WITHOUT_SYNC_FRAMEWORK := true

Last edited:

TodorSRB

Oct 15, 2011
1450064_683949474959461_125895772_n.jpg

if u can make with out Thumbs maybe can continue compilage

processor not support. Thumbs mode mrc, p15, 0 ,r3 , c13, c0, 3

I see, i haven't gotten that far yet, if I get error I'll give my best for a workaround to remove restriction and make it possible, it's very lame that JB can support it(but takes a lot of RAM) and KitKat who is made to preserve RAM as much as it can does not support ARMv6

EDIT: Just found this
With the recent most release of Android, Google has promised that we’ll get better performance from 4.4 and more importantly, the devices made previously wont be left behind.

So by reducing internal memory footprint along with RAM footprint, it can be made compatible with lower-end devices with less RAM. However this compatibility was meant to go as back to devices with ARMv7 processors. Other than that there have been many CPU optimizations.

Google released the sources a while ago. Team AndroidARMv6 have once again started to work on the new Android KitKat. You can see the original branch of Galaxy Mini here. And if you browse a little then you can find a lot more devices. Although there have been very few commits but just like Android 4.3 and before, once the Cyanogenmod team stabilizes the sources, the team finishes the work a little while after that. They have successfully ported Android 4.x.x in past to ARMv6 processors in the past.

So there is a good hope that we can get working Cyanogenmod 11 very soon and it will beat the currently stable CM10.1 and good performing 10.2 easily.

GitHub Source: https://github.com/androidarmv6/android_device_samsung_tass/tree/cm-11.0

Last edited:

TodorSRB

Oct 15, 2011
@TodorSRB maybe you want to coreporate with me and some other DEV's to create this.
and other then that you need some tweaks for the kernel to make it work or even flash it , the old recovery do not support this.

I was looking at CM source codes and androidarmv6 codes, it is possible, but I cannot do it yet, I will do tests on Neo which is ARMv7 wit CM latest codes to see how it responds, what works and what not. If you can in that time focus on Kernel that would be really good. What happened nAa?

afi1982

Aug 7, 2009
I was looking at CM source codes and androidarmv6 codes, it is possible, but I cannot do it yet, I will do tests on Neo which is ARMv7 wit CM latest codes to see how it responds, what works and what not. If you can in that time focus on Kernel that would be really good. What happened nAa?

i'm working on the kernel side already and I have a really good kernel ready for cm10.1 , I will wait to see what progress you amd max has made and we will see what next..

about nAa he left the android development from what I've heard .

TodorSRB

Oct 15, 2011
i'm working on the kernel side already and I have a really good kernel ready for cm10.1 , I will wait to see what progress you amd max has made and we will see what next..

about nAa he left the android development from what I've heard .

Great, see what you can get done, I would recommend switching to KitKat kernel, for one main reason i want to make KitKat on this device, performance. Sad that nAa left, he really knew the stuff.

Last edited:

hubert123454

Feb 16, 2012
Międzyrzec Podlaski
TodorSRB,afi1982,TeamMex please work as a team over Rom CM10.1 and cm 11, we can together do a great rom cm10.1 or cm11 ;)

I keep crossed fingers about as cm10.1 and cm11 project for xperia x8 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TeamMex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: Because my old laptop hdd and motherboard died, I sadly lost all my files :( BUT, I managed to gather some money and build a PC, I see a lot of effort that afi and TeamMex did, GREAT job guys, you should all really click that Thanks button on their work, so from now(when I configure my PC) I will try to contribute as much as I can to the existing work, but sadly my X8 has things that died: GSM(can't be fixed), battery(got a new one) and volume buttons(too expensive for an old phone). And also I will focus more one the new phones, since my X8 is about to RIP :/ so that's why I changed the thread to a DISCUSSION thread

Here are the links to KitKat ROMs for X8(I tested them):
    Omni ROM by afi1982
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 by TeamMex

Great job guys(Make sure to click that thanks button on those posts!)

So I see no one is going to make KitKat for Xperia X8, but I see a lot of Jelly Bean ROMs and it's weird because JB and ICS are both not recommended for under 1GB ram devices and KitKat works flawlessly on my Xperia Neo, so I just want to inform X8 users I started developing CyanogenMod11 for X8, this is going to be my first PUBLIC ROM so don't ask for ETA :)

EDIT: Because of recent news about ARMv6 processors on CM11, you might have to wait for a couple of months(2-3 maybe) for more stable source code or a workaround to be done. I'll do my best to make KitKat happen on X8 :)

Update: While working on CM11, I compiled CM10.1, it requries some kernel tweaks so I can test it :)

qgm7.png
    All,

My personal opinion on this matter (for whatever is worth it): kitkat should be doable for x8 but it really makes little sense due to the ram limitations of this device. Simply putting all the effort in something that would probably be pointless in real user experience doesnt sound like a good way to spend anyones time!

Sorry to blast hopes, but thats the way things are with newer android versions.

- nAa
    KitKat kernel is ready.. i just need to port the new Recovery and that it.
    All other issues fixed now need fix Sensors x_x

1456797_692593330761742_1310005933_n.jpg

EDIT: Sensors fixed :D
    now continue build

Need new sensor files (created), and some changes in bionic if this compile full,
    I'm upload source :)
    if any can help , your help will be welcome :) (when climbing the source)
    for now just show you pictures of progress, looks promising, hopefully work.
    KITKAT update:
    RIL fixed!!!!

what else need fixing -
    BT
    WIFI
    auto brightness