[Team Canjica] CyanogenMod 10.2

Search This thread
K

King ov Hell

Multiwindow and HALO ? I think devs are (or should :p) focusing on KitKat.

5nak3

Sep 18, 2012
I've been using this rom for about a week as my daily driver and I have noticed a few things:

Compass - don't work all that great. This is a known bug so it was expected. I'd say 80% of the time it works well, points me in the right direction that I'm moving and GPS locks onto my co-ordinates relatively well. But, it is quite annoying when it does the funky spinning on the spot.

Random Reboots - This is a major bug bear of mine, I can't work out what is causing them, initially i had all apps using privacy guard but that seemed to make the random reboots worse. I've disabled privacy guard across the board and while the reboots have reduced, they've not gone away. Any ideas on what I could look at or how I could try and work out what is causing these reboots?

Touchscreen stops responding on PIN screen if the screen turns off - Ok, this one is a weird one. When I boot the phone I have a PIN number, if i let the screen turn off after first boot BEFORE entering my pin, the screen doesn't seem to work again when I turn the screen back on. In fact when I use a PIN to unlock the phone the same can happen once in a while, you press the power button to unlock your device, but the touchscreen isn't working so you can't enter the PIN.
Again this is rather random as it doesn't happen all the time. I've disabled cLock, and made use of the standard lock screen hoping to reduce this issue, but it still crops up from time to time.

Other than that, this is by far one of the best roms I've tried on my device. I'd love to see some more bug fixes (particularly compass), but if the devs are working on KitKat content, by all means carry on.

willi9070

May 24, 2013
I've been using this rom for about a week as my daily driver and I have noticed a few things:

Compass - don't work all that great. This is a known bug so it was expected. I'd say 80% of the time it works well, points me in the right direction that I'm moving and GPS locks onto my co-ordinates relatively well. But, it is quite annoying when it does the funky spinning on the spot.

Random Reboots - This is a major bug bear of mine, I can't work out what is causing them, initially i had all apps using privacy guard but that seemed to make the random reboots worse. I've disabled privacy guard across the board and while the reboots have reduced, they've not gone away. Any ideas on what I could look at or how I could try and work out what is causing these reboots?

Touchscreen stops responding on PIN screen if the screen turns off - Ok, this one is a weird one. When I boot the phone I have a PIN number, if i let the screen turn off after first boot BEFORE entering my pin, the screen doesn't seem to work again when I turn the screen back on. In fact when I use a PIN to unlock the phone the same can happen once in a while, you press the power button to unlock your device, but the touchscreen isn't working so you can't enter the PIN.
Again this is rather random as it doesn't happen all the time. I've disabled cLock, and made use of the standard lock screen hoping to reduce this issue, but it still crops up from time to time.

Other than that, this is by far one of the best roms I've tried on my device. I'd love to see some more bug fixes (particularly compass), but if the devs are working on KitKat content, by all means carry on.

random reboot has been fixed in the latest build 18/11, try that

Reactions: 5nak3 and Razvan

5nak3

Sep 18, 2012
random reboot has been fixed in the latest build 18/11, try that

Hi Willi,

Thanks for the quick reply, am I correct in saying that the build on XDA's downloads section is out of date then?
I got the rom from there, and looking at the build information within the settings panel of my rom I can see the following:

CyanogenMod Version:
10.2-20131025-Unofficial-janice

Build Date:
Qui Out 24 22:45:49 BRT 2013

Would the latest build be from GOO.IM?

Cheers!

Mcign

Feb 27, 2009
Hello
i try to install it on i9070 of my son , all works fine but wifi not work , try to connect but dont work
any fix/solution ???
thank you

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Hello
i try to install it on i9070 of my son , all works fine but wifi not work , try to connect but dont work
any fix/solution ???
thank you

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
Hi Willi,

Thanks for the quick reply, am I correct in saying that the build on XDA's downloads section is out of date then?
I got the rom from there, and looking at the build information within the settings panel of my rom I can see the following:

CyanogenMod Version:
10.2-20131025-Unofficial-janice

Build Date:
Qui Out 24 22:45:49 BRT 2013

Would the latest build be from GOO.IM?

Cheers!

Yes, you are correct.
The latest build is hosted in Dev-Host of Team Canjica.
Download the latest build here: http://d-h.st/UVl

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Hello
any fix/solution ???
thank you

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Hello
any fix/solution ???
thank you

Hello, when you turn on the Wi-Fi it keeps searching for signal forever?

Mcign

Feb 27, 2009
Yes, you are correct.
The latest build is hosted in Dev-Host of Team Canjica.
Download the latest build here: http://d-h.st/UVl

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Hello, when you turn on the Wi-Fi it keeps searching for signal forever?

No it find wifi say save and connect but after 1 sec disconnect and no signal on bar ( sorry for bad and primitive english )

Mcign

Feb 27, 2009
Did you try to format /system and flash the ROM again?

Just try , format system , wipe data cache and dalvik , reinstall rom and gapps but same problem wifi not work it see the router say connect but not work

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
Just try , format system , wipe data cache and dalvik , reinstall rom and gapps but same problem wifi not work it see the router say connect but not work

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

What build are you using?
Flash the latest, it's some posts above.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-cid.png

CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance/Galaxy S2 Lite (GT-I9070/GT-I9070P)
    Brought to you by TeamCanjica​

TeamCanjica

• Diego Porto aka diego-ch -- CyanogenMod
    • Huang Ji aka cocafe -- CoCore Kernel
    • Federico Melano aka fedevd -- MIUI
    • Franco Rapetti aka frapeti -- CyanogenMod
    • Oliver Garcia aka OliverG96 -- CyanogenMod
    • Pablo Lunarenko aka Paul-L -- CyanogenMod
    • Robert Rozić aka Rox -- CyanogenMod

Known Issues - same as CM-10.1
    • WiFi Direct.
    • Magnetic Sensor -> Compass not working properly
    • NFC ( GT-I9070P users Only ).

Source

• Check out the ROM Source available on TeamCanjica' s Github.
      Feel free to submit any fixes, Just remember to give proper credits when using other people's source.

Bugs should be reported on our Github Repo so we can keep track of all of them.

Credits
    • Ekim Tecul - OMX Patches
    • Carl Miller - PAC Team

Installation
    1. Download the ROM from the link below
    2. Download gapps for 4.3 on http://goo.im/gapps
    3. Put the zip files on your SDCard
    4. Reboot on Recovery
    5. Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    6. Select "Install the Zip from External Storage"
    7. Choose CM zip file
    8. Choose GApps zip file
    9. Reboot to system

Attention
    • First boot takes a while.
      Wait at least 5 mins for it to boot.

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 10.2, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070

Contributors
    diego-ch, frapeti, Paul L., OliverG96, tecul, Rox, Carl Miller
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 4.1.2

Version Information

Created 2013-10-25
    Last Updated 2014-02-09
    why they cant work for our device too, thats too self centeric from their side,

1) We tried to share about everything we done for janice for evey other device.
    2) We also gave support for everyone who wanted to compile from the github.
    3) Even when FreeXperia said that "CM 10.1 will not run good on this phone -Xperia U and P-", I continued helping and the other devs (DevSwift and percy_g2) actually pushed out the CM 10.1 beyond expectations. I just don't get the "Android "blah" will not run well on "X" phone, I don't care about that, the point of porting is not to get what it's "supported" by a phone, is actually get the software to support the phone, not the other way around.

4) Even if maclaw and team released CM11, you just should hear what @OliverG96 did, he actually started the developing, he actually shared the code, he was the one pionering on this, without him (and ofcourse, diego, frapeti, fedevp, cocafe, and others) we could not even started anything.
    5) And I'm not saying that maclaw didn't do anything on his own, but we shared the code, we tried to be kind to people who actually looked at the developing scene. Even if he developed anything, the point of this is that he is not sharing any code, that's the point, being closed as Samsung do, doesn't make you Samsung, that's why I complain. I just tried that the development for this fu***** phone with almost no sources became open, shared, that every developer doesn't need to implement everything from the start if he ever tried to developed for Novathor chipsets.
    6) And even after that, even if we developed cross device wise, to Xperias, to Samsungs, to other languages forums (HTC Mania is a example), even if we did what others said that it wasn't worth while, we did anyway, but we didn't get any recognition, you see me as a recognized developer? you see diego as a recognized developer? do you see us on the xda portal? No!, you see instead, a project which is not open, who others can't start developing on, and that's it.

A while ago, a problem similar to this started between maclaw and TheWhisp and androidarmv6. maclaw ended banned, androidarmv6 continued to do the impossible, porting CM from 9 to 10.1, AOKP to every single phone that has a ARM v6 chipset, like the Galaxy mini, a stupid tiny phone with 256MB of RAM, a 600 MHz Qualcomm single-core processor and it still lives and lives greatly, I'm seeing ports of CM 11 and CM 10.1 lately. androidarmv6 is the whole point of this, I tried to start common development on this chipset, and I couldn't.

And I just don't care anymore, I just quit, that's it.
    That "leak" was not intended to be public, cm11 will come soon

Sent from my GT-S5367 using xda app-developers app
    I dont know what are bugs on your phone so i cant give you changelog for this cm 10.2

For cm 11 :
    We are developing it, it is true...
    But why the heck you want cm 11 without working sound, mic and OMX.. it is not usable..
    it is stil in development phase... i dont know how this link leaked..
    anyway you are not able to flash it on janice because it is tricky , and even if you know what trick is you cant do it because kernel configuration is still not okay for cm 11... That is all i have to say . PATIENCE!
    Soon we will workaround phone app on cm 10.2... It will be solved

Sent from my GT-I8160