HTC Desire 601/HTC Zara - room,root,mods

Search This thread

Akishima

Jan 19, 2012
Batavia

Vency77

Apr 5, 2012
Plovdiv
I sorta love blink feed :x lol I hated it at first but it's useful and easy to use nice and organized keeps me updated

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

And still.. installed Nova Launcher after a week or two with sense (this vertical scrolling is awful, made me remember why I flashed custom rom immediately on my old HTC). Lost some features but the advantages that I got, mainly improved battery life (which by the way sucks when the mobile data is turned on), cant let me go back to sense. Moreover, I cant wait for the fully working recovery, so we can cyanogen this beast :cowboy:

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
That's odd, I'm getting phenomenal battery life and I have data on all day switching between 3g and 4g. But then again I'm a fairly light user.

Akishima

Jan 19, 2012
Batavia
Yes , Phenomenal means like outstanding . I personally get 18+ hours on a single charge on heavy use here

at first, I thought it was the opposite fact, lol my bad.

more than 18+ hours? That's surely amazing, I'll get my desire 601 on monday.

Hopefully htc will release the kernel source code before monday.. :D lol

Hedied4me

Sep 21, 2012
Lost Angeles
I for one am really happy with my purchase. Definitely a sweet phone.

Just got this cover and while not the best it was cut to perfection and blends the best of both worlds: soft gel under and hard metal outer. Adds a little bulk to the extreme thinness of this phone (for me it was hard to even hold without a case) Just thought I'd share

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G4L962M?vs=1

Obeezy562

Feb 18, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I for one am really happy with my purchase. Definitely a sweet phone.

Just got this cover and while not the best it was cut to perfection and blends the best of both worlds: soft gel under and hard metal outer. Adds a little bulk to the extreme thinness of this phone (for me it was hard to even hold without a case) Just thought I'd share

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G4L962M?vs=1

I bought a 5 pack screen protector 2 weeks ago and im not trying to be cocky but I always professionally apply the screen protector on my phone's I leave no lint nor bubbles , looks like there's nothing on lol I have my own technique :)

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
I bought a 5 pack screen protector 2 weeks ago and im not trying to be cocky but I always professionally apply the screen protector on my phone's I leave no lint nor bubbles , looks like there's nothing on lol I have my own technique :)

what up Obeezy?

I bought one for my girlfriend(still in the box)

she ain't getting it till Christmas, lol

I'm running a sense 5 ROM on my OneSV at the moment, it's sweet, I think she'll really enjoy the upgrade from the old OneV....

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Obeezy562

Feb 18, 2013
Long Beach, CA
what up Obeezy?

I bought one for my girlfriend(still in the box)

she ain't getting it till Christmas, lol

I'm running a sense 5 ROM on my OneSV at the moment, it's sweet, I think she'll really enjoy the upgrade from the old OneV....

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

What's up Russell ! And you have no idea how much of an upgrade that is from a one v ! Lol I still have my one v but I gave it to my girlfriend and she got her self a galaxy s4 today :p

cheena

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto
No Gapless Playback of music

I got the HTC Desire 601 yesterday. I was very disappointed to find out that it plays music with gaps between the tracks. Google solved this longtime problem with Android 4.1. I have two other phones, Galaxy S2 and Huawei P1, both with Android 4.1 and both play music gapless. Why is the HTC Desire 601, that comes with Android 4.2,2, incapable of gapless playback? Is HTC using outdated libraries in their builds? I wish there was Google Edition ROM for this phone.

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
@cheena

Did you transfer the music from a different device?

Are the stored in phone storage or external storage?

It's very possible that you need to save all the music that's on your sdcard to the pc, then allow your new phone to format the sdcard then replace the music files back to the sdcard.....

Just brainstorming

!#quote my post if you want to get my attention more quickly

cheena

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto
@cheena

Did you transfer the music from a different device?

Are the stored in phone storage or external storage?

It's very possible that you need to save all the music that's on your sdcard to the pc, then allow your new phone to format the sdcard then replace the music files back to the sdcard.....

Just brainstorming

!#quote my post if you want to get my attention more quickly

Thanks, I searched around, and apparently, it's the same problem on other HTC devices, including HTC One. The only HTC device that plays albums properly is HTC One Google Edition. So obviously, it's something that HTC does.

From my experience, when Google fixed the gapless issue on on Android 4.1, Google Play Music, as well as other music players that relied on the Android playback engine, all started playing music gapless. On the Desire 601, if you use Google Play Music, or if you use the HTC provided player, both play albums with gaps.

Reactions: russellvone

Top Liked Posts