[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.2] OmniROM Nightlies [SPR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Interesting, anyone try KToonsez Kernel? Looks like the kernel commits "are behind". I'm curious if it's just because you're trying not to base of cm....?

~S-Off LTEvo; Back on the Always Solid Viper4G Latest;
Expletive Deleted Kernel
cpu0/1: 1.5ghz ¦ 384mhz ¦ sleep: 486mhz max
ondemand
fiops
thermald: dynamic
With tapatalk4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386634989851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386634989851.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 320

lukelee83

Aug 27, 2011
I think active display is not working correctly. Every time I try to check the notification, the appropriate app will open for a split second and the lock screen comes up

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011
I think active display is not working correctly. Every time I try to check the notification, the appropriate app will open for a split second and the lock screen comes up

It was working great for me. That's the main reason I switched to this. I only went back to gummy BC the Wi-Fi hotspot works on it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lukelee83

lukelee83

Aug 27, 2011
It was working great for me. That's the main reason I switched to this. I only went back to gummy BC the Wi-Fi hotspot works on it

Well in that case I guess it could be the gravitybox 's lock screen tweaks that's messing with it. I'll try disable it and try again

EDIT: tried with gravitybox of and active display does indeed work

Last edited:

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Well in that case I guess it could be the gravitybox 's lock screen tweaks that's messing with it. I'll try disable it and try again

EDIT: tried with gravitybox of and active display does indeed work

remember, using Xposed Framework mods can break things

boot hangs should be fixed, some camera updates, and wifi drivers are updated in next nightly 12/11

Last edited:

KelevrA_8

Sep 21, 2010
remember, using Xposed Framework mods can break things

boot hangs should be fixed, some camera updates, and wifi drivers are updated in next nightly 12/11

I get a lot more data drops while running this Rom as opposed to other 4.4 Roms... But other than that this baby runs great.

lukelee83

Aug 27, 2011
Is there a particular logcat app that you recommend or can I just download anything and they will all get you similar logs? I had the data dropping problem again, and figured it might help to capture the logcat when it happens again. It tends to be random (as far as I can tell), so I'll need a simple app that I can use even when I am driving.

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Alogcat in store has always worked great for me. Should be all pretty uniform unless someone else pipes in here

~Jflteusc runnin' latest Carbon Nightly
Latest KToonsez Kernel 2.1;189;480
Pegasusq
Row
Thermald:
Mpdecision:

Reactions: lukelee83

lukelee83

Aug 27, 2011
After updating to the new nightly, it booted up fine (after battery pull, followed by wiping cache and dalvik because it hanged at the gs4 logo again), but after I flashed supersu I couldn't get it to boot no matter what I did (short of factory reset). I only solved it by flashing the new update on top again without supersu. I can't do more at the moment as I'm still at work, but thought I should throw it out there.

ShAdOw NiNjA

I also get the boot hang, but I am able to fix that with a hard reset (power button). Also I started getting the camera not found error while trying to take an HDR picture. Also PLEASE add more intervals for sound because the media sound is awfully loud even with one move up from off.

Thanks!

Last edited:

lukelee83

Aug 27, 2011
I also get the boot hang, but I am able to fix that with a hard reset (power button). Also I started getting the camera not found error while trying to take an HDR picture. Also PLEASE add more intervals for sound because the media sound is awfully loud even with one move up from off.

Thanks!

For the latest nightly, you really should go to the DSP manger app because everything is cranked up in the sound control tab (the righter most tab). I just chose the stock preset and things were instantly better.

xBTx

Oct 19, 2011
On the 12/10 nightly I had amazing battery life, but on the 12/11 nightly I was lucky to get 6 or 7 hours with 1 hour of screen on. Couldn't identify what the cause was either. And on both nightlies I couldn't get 3G no matter what settings I tried. Love the ROM so far though.

lukelee83

Aug 27, 2011
On the 12/10 nightly I had amazing battery life, but on the 12/11 nightly I was lucky to get 6 or 7 hours with 1 hour of screen on. Couldn't identify what the cause was either. And on both nightlies I couldn't get 3G no matter what settings I tried. Love the ROM so far though.

Other than what seems to be random data drops, I could connect to 3g no problem both on mja modem and mk2 modem. What baseband are you on? Data does seem to be slower tho. I got around 2 mbps where I got 8 to 10 mbps. And I got 7-9 mbps where I used to get 15-20 mbps. Hopefully sprint was having issues today and it was a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Om.jpg

What is OmniROM?

OmniROM Gerrit Review

Disclaimer

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Important Information
    Root access has not been incorporated into the ROM source yet, so you will need to flash SuperSU in recovery SuperSU

For all you Do-It-Yourself-ers, simply follow this guide to initialize a build environment and get your own builds started - OmniROM - Setting Up A Compile Environment

Got a bug report? Want to request a feature?
    jira.omnirom.org

Installation Instructions
    FROM ANOTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM OMNIROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Settings -> System Updates -> Check for update
    You will NOT need to wipe anything with the delta updates :good:​

Downloads

Contributors/Credit
    • The OmniROM Team - Great devs that have taught me just about everything I know about this stuff in such a short amount of time
    • CyanogenMod
    • ParanoidAndroid for the GApps package
    • @jumoog for working with me on the jf family of devices (MOAR Galaxay S4's to be supported soon!)
    • @SferaDev for ALL the work on adding Samsung RIL support
    • @CNexus for his awesome boot.img tools and helping me out
    • @Evisceration for his insane kernel pwnage
    • Testers
    • And anyone else I apologize I forgot on this list but thank you

Source
    OmniROM Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    jakew02
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Rooted, Custom Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: -
    Current Beta Version: -

Created 2013-12-05
    Last Updated 2014-04-08
    Also, some things to look forward to in the near future:
    • Omni File Explorer - OmniROMs native root file manager
    • native root support (you will no longer need to flash SuperSU in recovery)
    • OpenDelta - Omni's OTA Updater
    • NFC fix *properly*
    • Multi-Window
    • a big surprise in the next few hours
    Q&A

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why don't I have root access after installing OmniROM?
    A: OmniROM does not have an official, prebuilt root method yet, so you'll just need to flash SuperSU in recovery and you'll have 100% working root access. SuperSU can be found here: SuperSU

Q: Where is <insert feature here>, like CM/AOKP/PA/etc have??
    A: Omni is still very early in development, but moving at an incredibly fast rate. New feature, bug fixes, and device support are added just about daily. Check it out here: OmniROM Gerrit Review for the latest and greatest

Q: How do I start/stop screen recording?
    A: Volume UP + Power will start screen recording. Simply drag the notification bar down and click the button to stop.

Q: HALP NFC doesn't work!!
    A: We know.
    I am totally and completely re-doing the entirety of the jflte repositories tonight. hopefully all of these stupid issues will be resolved. A test build will be posted on OmniROM's G+ Community Page when it is available.

I apologize for my absence here, I had to get rid of the device several months ago. I did not request ownership change of this thread because the other jflte maintainers didn't want it, as they were monitoring here, but they have since quit omnirom.

I will be working on the jflte repositories again until a full-time device maintainer is found for omni's jflte support.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences here.

Test build is posted in the OmniROM Google+ Community - Samsung Galaxy S4 Section