[JB+] CM10.2 Android 4.3 for the Defy(+)

Search This thread

Codeseven

Dec 20, 2012
Coachella Valley, Ca
I've got a huge battery problem.

I get screen on time only to 1h and 30 mins, and by far, Android OS bug waists all of my battery (51% usage).

What should I do?

I even tried a clean install after a pure SBF...

Use setvsel with these settings, it should extend your battery life a bit. also use advanced task manager to automatically keep unneccessary apps closed. And fmr memory cleaner to really scrub your processes. Also turn on airplane mode for a moment. Radio is knowh for battery drain. Finally, make sure you install with full wipes to make sure you don't have any lingering code from other installs.

17 300
33 600
49 900
65 1200
75%

Shahmatt

Dec 27, 2011
Hi,

I have a Defy with Bayer lens using the old Cyanogen Mod 10 (ICS).

Can I update to this ROM without a problem?

Nemado

Aug 14, 2011
Hi there. I can make calls and send text messages but I have no data connection. There's nothing in my APN list and when I try to save a new one, it doesn't appear in the list. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. (Searching "APN" or "Access point name" in this topic didn't return anything.)

I tried to reinstall the ROM after a full wipe (including the system partition with the safewipe script from TKJV) and I still can't create a new APN.

I tried to switch baseband, to no avail.

Last edited:
There is only one JB 4.1.2 , which works

mute button does not work for me: in normal and loudspeaker mode; i am on 10/20
i was surprised today when person heard me while it was not expected to do so - anyone can confirm it does not work?

I tried many ROMS, 4.1.2 , 4.3. 4.4 , with no single one works the mute-funktion during call. except....
JB 4.1.2 cannon v9. mute works !!! so I will definetly wait until Kitkat is ready, and I know that there is someone, who will do it.
Thank you, Quarx :good:

Nemado

Aug 14, 2011
Hi there. I can make calls and send text messages but I have no data connection. There's nothing in my APN list and when I try to save a new one, it doesn't appear in the list. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. (Searching "APN" or "Access point name" in this topic didn't return anything.)

I tried to reinstall the ROM after a full wipe (including the system partition with the safewipe script from TKJV) and I still can't create a new APN.

I tried to switch baseband, to no avail.

I tried a couple things but nothing worked, to the inevitable moment when TWRP crashed in a middle of a flash. So I flashed SBF and CM7 and I could add an APN and connect to 3G. From what I read, the ROM use the SIM to set up default APN so my new SIM must not be recognized by CM10.2 (or is malfunctioning in some way). Nevertheless, the problem remains: I can't add a new APN in CM10.2. Could someone try to create a test APN on their CM10.2 and tell me if they succeeded? That would be nice. I'll stay on CM7 in the meantime. Fast ROM but I lost some good games that don't run on GB.

mauroaraujo

can anyone help me with the link to steps to revert back to CM10, had enough of cm10.2, as I am travelling now need a more reliable data and battery backup

Is simple...
You only must to do full wipe (wipe cache, wipe data and wipe dalvik cache). I recommend to backup all your apps, because you will lost then...
After, you only instal the CM10 and the GAPPS for CM 10 (in the Quarx's server,, there is a minimal version of GAPPS, and the CM10 too :D)...
Reboot system...
Now you have the CM101 again... :D

:D:D:D

Nemado

Aug 14, 2011
I may have found a workaround for CM10.2 not saving my new APN. I flashed CM10, created a new APN. Made a nandroid backup with TWRP (don't forget to wait 20 seconds before doing anything in TWRP, thank niksy+ for that tip). Flashed CM10.2, then restored the data partition of the CM10 nandroid.

So far so good. If something bad shows up I'll report back here.

sevenrock

Nov 27, 2012
Motorola Defy
Moto G
Hi,

after compiling a current git snapshot the percentage value of the
circle battery display is badly alligned, it looks like this:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/83984-cm-102-20131211-nightly-n7000-problem/#entry429075

Is a fix for this already known?

EDIT: It seems the relevant patches for the problem are coming from here:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/commits/cm-10.2

EDIT2: Ok, I found the reason, Quarx2k forked that package and his fork is not up-to-date yet ;)

Sorry for the noise.

Last edited:

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
Bern searching for a solution bit not found one, so i post my q here. Is there a way to update the inbuildt su binary in the cm10.2? Or do i have to install superuser again? IF so, wich one is used in cm?

Sent from my MB526 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.3 Jellybean for Defy and Defy+

Gapps: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296931

Download Link: http://quarx2k.ru/cm10.2-nightly-defy+/
    Mirror: http://d-h.st/users/Quarx/?fld_id=22062#files
    http://defy.bytekiste.de/

Version for Motorola Bravo: http://quarx2k.ru/cm10.2-nightly-bravo(kobe)/ + mirror http://d-h.st/users/Quarx/?fld_id=22063#files

Problems

30.07.13: First Build. Works almost all. ;)
    01.08.13: Fix "Unknown" bug. Fix 1% battery. Dialer included, VideoEditor removed.. Backup gapps disabled(to prevent reboots during install rom).
    17.09.13: Focal Restored, Ability to OC GPU(without gui yet), added patch for Data, DefyParts, 720p rec(bugged), Support HWUI app, Minimum brightness 2, Wide poho added.
    20.10.13:720p rec, Fix HWUI app, use thoemy wpa_supplicant, Call Recording, LTO support, many fixes and improvements in kernel, gpu 266mhz by default, Fix arrows that indicate upload/download activitiy at Wifi and mobile connections.
    30.10.13: Fixes in kernel, Added two new options for ril "emptycallchanges" and"skipdatareg" (disabled by default), journal on ext enabled by default, fix reboots in recovery(not tested), updated twrp.
    BT headset not fixed
    GPU Freqs:
    266666666 = 266mhz OCed.
    echo %freq% > /proc/gpu/max_rate

3.0.8 kernel Project:
    USB, Wifi, BT, Sound(Only speaker), GPS, Phone(ussd/sms/data), Full HW Video decoder(720p also), initial OTG support.
    TODO:
    1. Improove sound lib (support headset, bt-headset, in-call sound etc)
    2. Improove stablity of kernel().
    3. Need check voltage formula for cpu
    4. Add camera drivers, (from moto or opensource driver?)
    5. Fix otg.
    6. Fix proximity sensor(cause reboots)
    Screenshots
    Test Builds:)

If you liked this project, you can donate :)
    Donate to Quarx
    PayPal: quarx@yandex.ru
    ---------------------------------------
    Donate to Blechd0se
    PayPal: alex.christ@hotmail.de

F.A.Q

Some good news about 3.0 kernel:)
    WiFi now works:)
    Modem almost done. Big thanks to @czechop, he found why modem not respond:) And after some fixes in android, we got this:

Don't know why thread was closed, but now ok:)
    Android 4.4 running on Motorola Defy:)
    Kitkat soon, but for now, new test 3.0 build uploaded:)
    Update to known bugs for the 10-30 nightly of CM10.2 for Defy(+)

Here is my update for the 10-30 nightly, as an information both for the Defy users and for @Quarx, @Blechd0se, @SlugZero and the other devs for the further development of CM10.2.

FYI: I keep a history of known bugs with CM10.2 for the Defy(+) of the older nightlies here for reference purposes (as some now solved bugs contained links to other posts which might still be useful for the devs).

To distinguish the solved bugs from the others, I now decided to mark them in three different ways:
    • Bugs that are written normally are not solved yet.
    • Bugs that are written in brackets have already a fix (e.g. a flashable zip) which hasn't made it into the current nightly yet. Please note that some of these fixes still need some more approval.
    • Bugs that are struck out are already fixed in the current nightly.

Now for the bugs:
    1. BT-headset has problems: Still existent, but maybe not with all models. Edit1: YetAnotherForumUser posted a patch here which is necessary to get the current repo to build in terms of BT, but this patch doesn't solve the known BT issues. Edit2: SlugZero posted here that the usage of the BlueZ stack (when its finished) might solve the BT issues and Benoe pointed here to a commit (code cleanup) on Quarx's github that might be related to the BT issues. Edit3: YetAnotherForumUser wrote about an interesting code.google.com thread concerning the BT audio bug here, including suggestions how it might be solved, and Benoe gave some feedback here after checking that thread. Edit 4: As lulli1 wrote here, engle_mars managed to fix this issue on the milestone2 builds. irekd provided the links to the milestone2 thread and to engle_mars' git clone here. Quarx wrote here that he can fix the issue (by using the backported BT stack for the Defy too) if someone can provide the according patches. :D:fingers-crossed:
    2. BT will not work, if FM is enabled: Still existent (AFAIK, because I didn't try it)
    3. Video recording is not good: This has been solved and even 720p video recording is finally working under CM10.x by courtesy of Quarx! :good::) In my experiences recordings are working well with the build-in CM10.2 camera app and the default video settings, whereas with other apps (I tried lgCamera and Camera ICS+) the sound might get cut off before the end of the video.
    4. Memory leak after some days: This bug is not totally solved yet, but got much better under CM10.2 and thanks to Blechd0se's efforts in fixing those leaks. With this I ran the 08-01 nightly for 14+ days and daFlox reported an uptime of 800+ hours = 33+ days! :D For some users, this bug also leads to the device not waking up from deep sleep after 2-3 days, as arod81 and TJKV reported here and here. Blechd0se wrote here that there are still some memory leaks left and that he will further investigate this. :fingers-crossed:
    5. Delay on wakeup: This is solved. :) If people still have problems with it (i.e. if it takes more than 1 second), I recommend to turn off multiple lock-screen pages and the the lock-screen camera feature in Settings.
    6. Mobile data drops: This has been solved by courtesy of SlugZero. :)
    7. Missing "Defy Parts" settings: This has been solved by courtesy of Quarx. :)
    8. Missing capability to disable HWA for apps: This has been solved by courtesy of Quarx and TJKV. :)
    9. Missing arrows that indicate upload/download activitiy at Wifi and mobile connections: This has been solved by courtesy of SlugZero. :)
    10. Mobile data counter apps don't work with CM10.2 yet: This has been solved by courtesy of SlugZero. :)
    11. The app switcher previews sometimes don't work correctly: This minor bug has already been solved for CM10.2 and CM11, as struq writes here and here. :) In some rare cases it might still occur, but we shouldn't distract our developers with it. ;)
    12. Sometimes the IMEI isn't present after booting: This bug exists since CM10 or at least since the first custom kernels. As a workaround, doing a Hot Boot with some Rebooter app from Play Store helps in restoring it quickly. Nevertheless I would be happy if this bug could be fixed, since some apps like MyPhoneExplorer and Navigon need the IMEI to work.
    13. "ehci_pm" is causing battery drain due to wakelocks: This has been solved by courtesy of Blechd0se. :)
    14. Wifi list in the setting page will not update when pressing scan: This has been solved by courtesy of SlugZero. :)
    15. System returns only 00:00:00:00:00:00 as BSSID (MAC address of the router): This has been solved by courtesy of SlugZero. :)
    16. Log is spammed by BATTD when Defy is connected to wall charger: This has been solved by courtesy of YetAnotherForumUser. :)
    17. Handset mic, earphone and speaker all muted during calls if BT enabled even when not connected to any BT device: I added this bug to the list as requested by bbstrikesagain here. It might be related to bugs #1, #2 and #23.
    18. After suspend/resume the governor can't be changed (if started from interactive): This has been solved by courtesy of Blechd0se. :)
    19. (Data partition corruption bug): This serious bug - which also exists in CM10 and CM10.1 - occurs when the battery goes to 0%. It is easily repoducible, as described by Proverbs2 here. SlugZero posted an explanation for this bug and a manual fix (using ADB in recovery) here. Quarx enabled journal feature during install rom and journal in format script , so "has_journal" is enabled by default from the 10-30 nightly on. :) Even though Proverbs reports here that this bug obviously is not completely solved by enabling "has_journal", having it enabled is still a good idea, as it might at least decrease the possibility or frequency for this bug. Now that "has_journal" is enabled by default thanks to Quarx, more tests and feedback by other users are much appreciated! :):fingers-crossed: Edit1: hotdog125 reported here that he successfully tried deleting accounts.xml to keep data intact, as was suggested by phirsch here. Edit2: As Proverbs2 reports here, this bug obviously gets solved if Dynamic FSync is disabled with Blechd0se's Aero Control. :D However, since Dynamic FSync gets reactivated automatically when booting, this workaround has to be done manually after every reboot, until Dynamic FSync gets disabled by default by the devs. Edit3: I made a flashable zip of the kernel from 11-24 which has Dynamic FSync disabled by default to fix this bug. :) Edit4: Proverbs2 confirms here (after doing many positive tests) that this bug finally is solved by disabling Dynamic FSync. :good::victory:
    20. Wifi tethering is not working on 10-20 nightly: This has been solved by courtesy of SlugZero. :)
    21. Torch tile is missing in Quick Settings: This bug was reported by major9 here and confirmed by atulclassic and justjr here and here. If you updated from a previous nightly and the torch tile was already in your selection, you can still use it, but when you start with a fresh installation, the torch tile is missing and cannot be added to your selection because of this bug. Edit: Here struq points to a commit on czechop's GitHub which fixes this bug. :)
    22. Apps like CPU Spy and No-frills CPU Control don't show the correct CPU frequencies and their usages: This bug has been reported by habbinfo here and confirmed by Hasuris and me here and here. This bug started with the first custom kernels for the Defy, about one year ago. I assume that some software interface inside the kernel for reading the frequencies must be buggy, because it doesn't report the correct frequencies if they have been changed by SetVsel or Aero Control. Edit: You find some more info to this bug here.
    23. Connecting to a BT keyboard works, but writing with it is not possible: This bug has been reported by Hadschi92 here and confirmed to me by wirespot via private message, because he can't post to the dev sections yet. It might be related to bugs #1, #2 and #17.
    24. Phone PIN-code entry widget highlighted, but not responsive on boot: This bug has been reported by YetAnotherForumUser here. In my experiences this doesn't happen if you just have the phone PIN, but not the SIM PIN enabled, so as a workaround you can disable the SIM PIN (if you don't need this extra security) until this bug is solved.
    25. Connection with built-in VPN function is not working: This bug was reported by walkunder here and here and confirmed to me by F.Zwarts via private message. As ithakaner wrote here, in comparison OpenVPN (pkn=de.blinkt.openvpn) is working fine.
    26. Mute button is not working: This bug was reported by kodak here and confirmed by ezantera and desihu.

So this is my updated summary. Please feel free to add other noteworthy bugs to it. :cowboy:

As I already wrote in my previous summaries, CM10.2 IMHO is already running much better and more stable than the CM10 and CM10.1 releases for the defy :good::good:, so I would recommend it for everyone who can live with the known bugs. :)