[Q] Enough ram?

Search This thread

Feyerabend

Aug 23, 2012
Hi all!

I'm a S3 Mini owner, and I'm in love with the Moto G (i'm thiking in give my s3 mini to my father and buy a moto G), but I'm wondering if it has enough ram. The s3 mini has 1GB too, and sometimes I think it's not enough for multitask and things like that. Won't be a problem with the Moto G? Does it has ram enough?

Sorry fot my english, and thanks in advance :D

ksuuk

Apr 23, 2012
Tallinn
Hi all!

I'm a S3 Mini owner, and I'm in love with the Moto G (i'm thiking in give my s3 mini to my father and buy a moto G), but I'm wondering if it has enough ram. The s3 mini has 1GB too, and sometimes I think it's not enough for multitask and things like that. Won't be a problem with the Moto G? Does it has ram enough?

It depends of Your usage. OK for me.

Reactions: Feyerabend

jusada

May 13, 2011
shropshire uk
I've had no issues, but I'm in the habbit of using the recents button and closing down things when I'm no using them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

enrique097

Oct 29, 2013
No problem with ram

Hi all!

So far, I cannot complaint about the ram I did not notice if there is lack of it. I usually kill the apps so it is fine. I used to have an iphone 4S with 512 m ram so 1 giga is a much better. I saw the mini down the price to £180 I guess to compete with the moto g, but man I am so liking it that I am thinking in buying another one.

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi all!

The Moto G has about 900MB compared to 800MB with the S3 Mini.

Last edited:

stfudude

Aug 17, 2010
Egypt
The Moto G has about 900MB compared to 800MB with the S3 Mini.

1. What is the amount of ram usable? 900 MB?

2. how much memory does the system consumes after first boot?

3. how much memory does the system consumes after login into Google and Motorola account (but didn't install any app from Play Store yet)?

My current phone is Xperia X8 with 186 MB of RAM.

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3

3. how much memory does the system consumes after login into Google and Motorola account (but didn't install any app from Play Store yet)?

Yes, the Moto G has 900MB available RAM to the user and probably between 350 and 450 free after boot. It totally depends what you have installed.

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
I think it's quite comfortable with the 1G and I am used to 2G from my Nexus 7 - if nothing else, it saves on cost and battery

irishpancake

May 1, 2011
Small Village
I think it's quite comfortable with the 1G and I am used to 2G from my Nexus 7 - if nothing else, it saves on cost and battery

Most definitely 1G on this phone is enough, when I compare it with the Samsung S3 I have just got rid of, it holds up so well.....

my user experience is actually superior, the simplicity of near-AOSP is such an improvement over the Sammy, which was chock full of useless features and TW crap, for me anyway.....

and it was 1G RAM with quad-core processor, just like the Moto G!!!

Just some specs comparison from GSM Arena, not always correct, but one wonders why the Sammy cost almost three times more than this Moto did, it is just amazing....

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4238&idPhone2=5831

darkeingel

Apr 7, 2010
Bucharest
After 2 weeks with the Phone I can only sa that I would pay 30£ more for 2gigs of ram on moto G and that would made it the best of the best.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, the Moto G has 900MB available RAM to the user and probably between 350 and 450 free after boot. It totally depends what you have installed.
    Hi all!

It depends of Your usage. OK for me.
    It's enough RAM for moderate to heavy usage. And Kit Kat will require less RAM :p
    I've had no issues, but I'm in the habbit of using the recents button and closing down things when I'm no using them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    I only get home screen reloads after using Chrome.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app