Search This thread

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Last edited:

Mistaz

Apr 21, 2013
As posted by KyleMac_ for rooted devices
editing the build.prop is working,too. At least with the amazon kindle apk (that's what I've tried).

go to
/system/build.prop

rename
ro.product.manufacturer=amazon

to e.g.
ro.product.manufacturer=UrChoice

calkenneth

Jul 18, 2013
As posted by KyleMac_ for rooted devices
editing the build.prop is working,too. At least with the amazon kindle apk (that's what I've tried).

go to
/system/build.prop

rename
ro.product.manufacturer=amazon

to e.g.
ro.product.manufacturer=UrChoice

Are you saying that making those changes would allow us to use the most recent version of the Kindle application from the Google Play store?

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Be careful editing prop builds, It can backfire. Make a backup if you do.

Sent from Nexus 7 flo running SinLess ROM 4.2.2 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistaz

Mistaz

Apr 21, 2013
Mistaz: Thanks: Do you have a favorite device to rename the Kindle to? Galaxy? or do you have a rename that works?
Regards

Well, ehm.. mine is called yoda (for now)

btw I´m using persano´s modded build.prop (it´s attached hereby and with the new name :laugh: ) for the cm10.2 (11-15)

Attachments

• build.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: LinearEquation

galearned

Apr 6, 2012
Gainesville
Well, ehm.. mine is called yoda (for now)

btw I´m using persano´s modded build.prop (it´s attached hereby and with the new name :laugh: ) for the cm10.2 (11-15)

Mistaz: Thanks: Pardon the dumb questions -
I thought the name was critical to the tablet's function and had to be some officially registered tablet name.
I have never fooled with the build prop. Guess, I will have to look at the modified links.

Regards

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
I purchased some apps on the Amazon app store but I can't not get them to work on my Kindle when I try to run them on my Kindle Fire HD 7, I re-download the apps from the Amazon app store but they say not compatible with the device, is there a fix for this?

I'm running CyanogenMod 11 btw

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I purchased some apps on the Amazon app store but I can't not get them to work on my Kindle when I try to run them on my Kindle Fire HD 7, I re-download the apps from the Amazon app store but they say not compatible with the device, is there a fix for this?

I'm running CyanogenMod 11 btw

You can back them up with Titanium Backup, uninstall the apps and then restore them with Titanium Backup. That works on crashing apps but not all apps in the app store are compatible with the Kindle series.

Sent from Nexus 7 flo running SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Jserrano56

usn.mustanger

Jul 22, 2010
I can't install the Kindle apk from this thread on hashcode's CM11 ROM on my KFHD7. I've tried clicking it to install, but this always ends in the install failing with "App not installed." I also tried copying it to /system/app (and setting proper permissions), but the app still fc's immediately upon starting.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I can't install the Kindle apk from this thread on hashcode's CM11 ROM on my KFHD7. I've tried clicking it to install, but this always ends in the install failing with "App not installed." I also tried copying it to /system/app (and setting proper permissions), but the app still fc's immediately upon starting.

You don't need to make this a system app. Try removing completely and re-downloading it to the download portion of the internal SD card. Then open it. It should work just fine unless something from CM is preventing the app from working properly.

usn.mustanger

Jul 22, 2010
You don't need to make this a system app. Try removing completely and re-downloading it to the download portion of the internal SD card. Then open it. It should work just fine unless something from CM is preventing the app from working properly.
Nevermind. Not sure how I got it to install, but after deleting the apk from system/app and rebooting, I got it to install. Thanks for the apks!

rev79

Dec 30, 2013
I can confirm editing the line ro.product.manufacturer in the build.prop works. Just change after the = to whatever you want. I used "Amzn". Tested on KFHD7. As has been stated, always make a backup of your build.prop before changing anything.

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
Anyway to fix this?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1390161764195.jpg
    1390161764195.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 186

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Getting a parse error on multiple download tries.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a rooted Kindle Fire HD running CyanogenMod 11<<<

The newest CM drop from Hashcode has change the prop build to make it an Android. If the newest build is used then the newest APK's can be used and the ones I uploaded are no longer necessary. I updated the OP when the new CM 11 was dropped and opted to leave the old APK's up only for those that may experience some random issue. As far as the downloads, they work fine. Not sure what to say about that.

Top Liked Posts