[DER KERNEL] Trinity for Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Simer03

Apr 17, 2010
I converted to tapatalk pro and its way better than xda... even posting pictures, the option to post as an attachment or image is sweet

Btw my Samsung rep came to my store and told me Samsung might be ditching android and going with Tizen full time... He showed me a beta device with the software... Looked exactly like android, I was really confused

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

akash3656

May 3, 2010
I converted to tapatalk pro and its way better than xda... even posting pictures, the option to post as an attachment or image is sweet

Btw my Samsung rep came to my store and told me Samsung might be ditching android and going with Tizen full time... He showed me a beta device with the software... Looked exactly like android, I was really confused

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not sure if Samsung rep or a Samsung troll with the title of a rep haha...

Anyone remember what happened to bada? And what is Tizen compared to Bada lol?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Simer03

Apr 17, 2010
Not sure if Samsung rep or a Samsung troll with the title of a rep haha...

Anyone remember what happened to bada? And what is Tizen compared to Bada lol?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I looked it up when he left....its sounding like reality...it'll fail just like Bada

Sent from my Nexus 5

safendi

Dec 16, 2011
Your kernel is the best, I have try Franco and is laggy, faux kernel kill more app after a long session of chrome. Your kernel is smooth and keep all process in memory. Sorry for my English but a I'm italian

Reactions: morfic and simms22

bigup7

Apr 16, 2010
guys, sorry if asked before but not sure what keywords to search for!

is this kernel optimised straight after flash or would i need to use trickster mod to mess with different settings to get the best out of it?

ive tried other kernels and would now like to try this one!

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
guys, sorry if asked before but not sure what keywords to search for!

is this kernel optimised straight after flash or would i need to use trickster mod to mess with different settings to get the best out of it?

ive tried other kernels and would now like to try this one!

its good to go without adjusting anything!
but, we all have differing preferences, differing needs and wants, so feel free to mess with the settings as well :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kocai and bigup7

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Seeing as this was never followed up on, are there any plans to implement the kexec-hardboot patch in order to support MultiROM? Seeing the popularity of the mod I think implementing it would be a good idea, considering it has no set backs (as far as I know),

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Seeing as this was never followed up on, are there any plans to implement the kexec-hardboot patch in order to support MultiROM? Seeing the popularity of the mod I think implementing it would be a good idea, considering it has no set backs (as far as I know),

simple answer, yes. and its in all the other trinity kernels, it will be added to the n5 kernel when morfic is ready.

Last edited:
H

Hammer_Of_The_Gods

Still is the best kernel though. ;)

Hi,

I tend to disagree... Smooth and fast, no issues with battery life, awesome in benchs, not much to adjust or tweak, nothing to fix for now, right I agree so no kernel to flash each day (or two)... Not a good kernel for flash maniacs... :D

Flash and forgot, Morfic's work does the rest... That's all... I don't like, I like flash, tweak and adjust my kernel settings to try to make it better! But here nothing more to do to make it better :D

HaHaHa :laugh:

:)

Last edited:

kuyam

Nov 9, 2010
Yes. I have to agree with Viking37. Bought this phone to ? the latest and greatest continually, but instead I'm stuck with a perfectly fine kernel and a great rom to go with it (BaNkS' rastakat).

Btw, how probable is a flo/deb version of Trinity?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shawnaye

Sep 28, 2011
Guys. Server error, can't download the b4 kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Guys. Server error, can't download the b4 kernel.

just tried, downloads fine.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

@simms22: Can you share Bfckknowswhat? :cool: You know my email. ;)

you know if i had something this long that id share it already :)

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

B4 is the latest. http://www.derkernel.com/kk-hammerhead.php

Unless you're Συμεών. Then you're on Bfckknowswhat..

nice helpful guy and troublemaker all in the same post! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernel: http://www.derkernel.com
    Source: http://bitbucket.org/morfic/trinity_five

This thread benefits from "OT posts" as it fosters a healthy community in which "users helping users" is strong. Which in turn helps me to focus on development.
    Thank You for understanding this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:
    • Build optimizations
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
    • Up to 2726MHz (higher clocks will vary from device to device) and boots up @ 2.26GHz, stock clock
    • Performance through research
    • Buzzword Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Trinity for Nexus 5, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    morfic, simms22
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
    Last Updated 2014-10-12
    ok, enough of this, we have a new kernel to test. yes its a 443 kernel. yes it runs on 442. yes its a trinity kernel :) http://goo.gl/38Uxte
    It's rare I read 8+ pages in one thread in its entirety, but didn't want to miss out on the warm welcome.

Thanks everyone.
    looks like home, smells like home, feels like home.. yup, it must be my home :)
    @soccerfan6789
    Dude hope you won't misunderstand my words. I'm fine with people posting their own builds here, in my threads, everywhere. I'm fine, that's what open source is all about. I have and had no problems with people kanging my work and just change the build name and few things here and there and then taking off with their own threads. I'm fine because this is a free world and if doing so makes you happy, who the **** am I to stop you? I'm fine but if I may, I have a suggestion: if you like building android, keep it like that, something fun. Building from source is way different than cherry-picking and kanging. There is not much fun nor karma in copying and changing things, but there is a lot of fun and greatness in learning. Keep your project yours and try to be humble. None of us is doing anything special. I won't tell you the details but I have seen so much **** and so many disgraceful people that I got sick of it. This is why I love quite threads, goal of rastakat is to be quite and smooth on your nexus without the use of fancy ot, mouthful words and features to attract more users. rastakat is body and soul because she still is what she was born for: fun.
    More peace and more weed for all!