[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
I did exclude the Dalvik-Cache, no change though. Did not format them yet cuz i don't have time to save all my data in case something goes wrong.

It's okay to format cache and dalvik cache, if you don't want to reinstall and set up apps again, just don't wipe data. In fact I think it would be a good idea when updating the ROM, but it does make for a long first boot.

+1
I am having the same problem, not using ART, with cache and dalvik formatted and with both ROM manager and cwm.

I had this problem in the early days of Android 4.2, I don't restore apps or data since. If I'm not changing the ROM, I just don't format data any more. If there's a big change in the ROM, I reinstall apps from the play store. I find I usually get no app errors this way.

PS. The problems I had in the first couple of days with the stock email client not being able to connect to an exchange account street a few days seems to have disappeared, and hasn't happened at all on the 1218 nightly.

DTR204

Jan 26, 2011
Wilmington
So, it was a little rocky but first scripted nightly build is out. I wanted to do something new and decided to start building odexed version of nightlies, at least temporarily. You can get odexed versions from nightlies-odexed folders within a few hours if my script doesn't fail on me. I need some sleep now so I'll be checking how it went in the morning.

Latest build (odex) breaks link2sd for me. I have a separate ext4 partition to use. After flashing the nightly link2sd fails to create the mount script because the device is unavailable.

Gonna try flashing the deodex and see what happens

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk 2

Akantinuris

Apr 30, 2008
I got a little help via PM and wanted to share it with you guys cuz it worked very good. Nandroids are possible again without any errors:

Well, if someone interested, I have managed to fix this, no need to factory reset or format sdcard.

This is what I did:

1. run adb shell in recovery.
2. unmount data partition (umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p26).
3. run e2fsck /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
4. there was errors with some directories (for me it was data/system/dropbox/ and data/data/com.google.android.youtube/cache/ as mentioned in recovery.log), e2fsck fixed them.

After that, everything looks fine, I can make backups as well as before, not tried to restore yet, but I'am sure its should be okay too.

Big thanks to kib0rg (and to all others who responded as well)!

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Latest build (odex) breaks link2sd for me. I have a separate ext4 partition to use. After flashing the nightly link2sd fails to create the mount script because the device is unavailable.

Gonna try flashing the deodex and see what happens

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, odexing isn't exactly supported by CM. I added a switch to toggle between odexed/deodexed output when starting the build. I don't know if there are any unexpected complications. This is why odexed version will stay optional and if there appear to be major issues with it that doesn't exist in regular version, I'll probably stop building it.

Largamelion

Sep 10, 2010
Hi there, might be off topic but maybe not:

I am on nightly 12/12 right now with ART switched on. So far no problems with it. I wanted to use the 12/18 nightly and therefor I was going to do a Nandroid (with 4EXT). Now 4EXT tells me that I could not backup my system due to an
"Error while making a backup image of /data.
Possible reasons: damaged file system (sdcard or /data) or too little free space. ..."
I tried to repair the fat32 file system as recommended with "Tools-> file system check"
SDCARD - Filesystem has been repaired.
SD-EXT - Filesystem on /sd-ext is ok!

After that I still get the above mentioned error.
If i check the SD-Card with Windows7 not error can be found.

Can this be associated with using ART? Or does anyone can help me out how to straighten out the error?
Wow, I had this problem for a while and this fixed it! I 'm able to backup my data partition again. Got a few HTREE errors and a bunch of duplicate names which I renamed when prompted. Thx alot and thank kib0rg for me!

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
What is difference between odexed and normal built? Thanks

In a nutshell in layman's terms: System doesn't need to create .dex files for system applications when it boots after upgrade flash or after you wiped dalvik cache. I've also seen claims that odexed ROM is faster but personally I haven't seen any actual comparison test results so it might just a myth/placebo. My own main interest has been with upgrade flash speed up.

paulb_nl

May 31, 2009
I have working video playing and camcorder with the new Adreno libs. :) I had to rearrange the memory sizes and use the ION camera heap for Vdec because it needs to allocate 24MB to play 720p video. I was just using the GPU heap for both but then video decoding would not work if big apps like Chrome were open in the background.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
I have working video playing and camcorder with the new Adreno libs. :) I had to rearrange the memory sizes and use the ION camera heap for Vdec because it needs to allocate 24MB to play 720p video. I was just using the GPU heap for both but then video decoding would not work if big apps like Chrome were open in the background.

No hurry, but do you think it's possible to get the required patches up for tonight's build? I'm mainly interested to know if I'll have to allocate some time to do the merging before 00:30 UTC when the next build is scheduled to begin.

KalZakath

Jan 31, 2012
BRZEG

Does it mean that everything is powered by Ion memory?

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
In the ROM .zip file what is the 'file_contents' file in the root?
Is this required as this isn't in the 10.1 ROMs?

Andy

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Andy

Reactions: brandalz

brandalz

Oct 14, 2011
Bogor
hi, I want to ask, why after setting the language and the time should be in the view menu, but the screen is black :(

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Once again thanks to Musta and the people that helped with the KitKat rom its working well for me. I also noticed that Pauls build with the new drivers for the gpu worked lovely apart from the known bugs to which i hope will be fixed.

Using Antutu Benchmarking

Standard drivers pushed a 5387 score whilst the New GPU driver version hit 57xx this was done on the same phone with the same setup and amount of apps.

The new GPU drivers also helped with apps like Battlelog which has been very laggy but on new GPU driver test build was a lot smoother.

Now with the Current stock nightiee everything is running well without issues the test build with new GPU drivers i have found one more issue which is some games like CSR Racing will blackscreen and not load fully and other 3d games will do the same which is to be expected with the current bug the new GPU drivers have with Youtube. But its all looking promising i do say so Well done Musta and Paul. I wish you a Merry Christmas and the rest of XDA Members pool.

Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org

Andy
It's SELinux config file.

The file_contexts file contains security contexts which are applied to files on the system when a security policy installed.
Source: http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/writing_SELinux_policy_guide/file_contexts_07.html

hi, I want to ask, why after setting the language and the time should be in the view menu, but the screen is black :(
I'm not sure what you mean. I have not seen anything that would resemble what you are describing.

Reactions: lelakon666

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 Kitkat Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 and 10.1 nightlies. Builds are generated automatically on every first Saturday of the month. Process starts around 10:30 PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.7
    • Branch: cm-11.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: spade_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button at the bottom of the page)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
    Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    A: Update your recovery to one that is compatible with new recovery functions. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM11.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: M12
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-15

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3662#bugReporter

Download mirror content:
    • extras (various tools for specific situations)
      • dexopt-data-only-signed.zip (moves system app dalvik cache to data partition, #1)
      • format_devlog-signed.zip (formats /devlog partition, #1)
      • lowram-signed.zip (turns on low ram system property, #1)
      • QuickSearchBox-installer-signed.zip (installs AOSP search app, #1)
    • nightlies (a directory for nightly builds)
    • plus (a directory for plus builds, #1)
    • releases (a directory for release builds)
    Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :p

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-3.0/commits/cm-11.0-wip
    https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy/commit/16ff8a6a2e3559bed6117239e645498a8d0d3692
    Now I'm off to bed. Workday tomorrow and damn it's 1:30 AM already. Please, don't cause thermonuclear wars while I sleep. kthxbye
    Proximity Recalibrator

So, I was hit by sudden inspiration to rework leppie's proximity recalibrator app to be a bit more up to the UI standards these days. While I was at it I refactored most of the code to be more readable, fixed some misc things etc. etc. and of course probably broke something so dead unicorns ahead once again. I will include this tool in the next nightly build as I see it as an extension to device settings so it's kind of natural part of the rom. If you want to hate me for adding 18kb of useless software you don't use, you are free to do so. I love you too.

I removed the old-looking zoom in/out widgets and just limited the seekbars between values 0 and 50. I haven't heard anyone going above 50 so max value 255 is a bit overkill. This way seekbar is actually usable.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Github: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android_packages_apps_ProximityRecalibrator

Also pic because otherwise it didn't happen:
    gQ6y7ys.png