Nexus 4 Romanian users

Search This thread

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau
Hello Walachian! Glad to see our autohtone thread here on xda.
Wich cool app you recomended for our beloved N4?
I have 4.4.2 stock, unrooted, i use ART....work perfectly.
Wich app similar to Gravity screen you use? I wish to wake up my display using double tap to wake or slide to wake but without root required or custom kernel...i need app wich work on stock, kernel stock,unroot.
Thank you people! :)

valentinrascu

Jan 10, 2011
The Last version of purity 4.4.2 is running perfectly! Good battery life and smooth. I want to try another kernel, but this balance is too good. Sorry for my poor English.... Hehehehe

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

SmXtrem

Mar 27, 2012
Satu Mare
O i see we have a Romanian users forum so since i have updated to 4.4.2 the USSD service is not working.
When i dial *115# to check my orange post-pay balance a popup is showing up dhat i don't have access to this service!

So is this android related ore orange is getting stupid?

RoliSoft

Jan 16, 2012
Târgu Mureș
It works for me on 4.4.1 slimkat. I don't think a small update such as 4.4.2 would break the ussd service, mostly because the update doesn't touch radio parts, plus Google tests them extensively, that's why they take such a long time to release an update.

Probably it's just orange derping. If the problem persists, call their customer service, but don't mention anything about custom roms or firmware updates, as they'll just say "well, there's your problem".

Semi-related story: A few years ago when an "unlimited Internet" (the one between 9-17, which is "unlimited until 1 GB", because 1 GB is then obviously not the limit /s) option appeared in the orange young prepay menu, I had no access to it, but all my friends were able to activate it. I went into a local orange shop to ask why. They were befuddled and told me to call the customer service. Called it, told them my problem, but not even they knew why would that be, and just constantly delay it, that they're "going to look into it".
Turns out the problem was that I had set the orange self-care (or whatever they call it) menu to English, and they didn't update that... It worked once I set it back to Romanian. However, this discovery was made by me, they are still probably "looking into this". (...NOT)

Swyped from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

SmXtrem

Mar 27, 2012
Satu Mare
It works for me on 4.4.1 slimkat. I don't think a small update such as 4.4.2 would break the ussd service, mostly because the update doesn't touch radio parts, plus Google tests them extensively, that's why they take such a long time to release an update.

Probably it's just orange derping. If the problem persists, call their customer service, but don't mention anything about custom roms or firmware updates, as they'll just say "well, there's your problem".
´

I will try to call the today.

I know that from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 a kind of messege spam bug was fixed which was related to USSD

valentinrascu

Jan 10, 2011
I notice the wifi is much slower than my another phone I have. This is kernel issues or my modem wifi.... The ping is twice than a MacBook air. With s4 it was the same ping and speed. I have purity rom, stock kernel

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
I can't say is much better but at least there is no big difference
I'm waiting for n6 definitely, I won't go for n5 unless my mother in-law will give me one as a gift... As if... I'm still paying her telephony bills
The development is going great for n4 still and it will at least for the next year

sent from my Darkside of Nexus 4

Reactions: Vlad Paul

ROKronoS

Oct 18, 2012
Hello :)

I bought this phone two days ago and i'm facing battery drain over night.Every night i face a drop of 5-6% with all the things deactivated (& 2G network).

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
Hello :)

I bought this phone two days ago and i'm facing battery drain over night.Every night i face a drop of 5-6% with all the things deactivated (& 2G network).

deactivate location

sent from my Darkside of Nexus 7 LTE

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

which Android version do you have? is it 4.4.2 ?

sent from my Darkside of Nexus 7 LTE

Top Liked Posts