[ROM][GPL] MIUI v5 4.2.2 (3.12.20)

Search This thread

compuser84

Mar 30, 2008
Ada
First time MIUI user

This rom ROCKS! Battery life is amazing, themes are incredible and the rom itself is rock solid, no issues here.
Thanks! :good:
I may have to change my sig line to reflect this rom as a daily driver. :D

Reactions: Esteway.619

tattedupboy

Jan 5, 2011
I checked the last several pages just to make sure I wasnt being redundant. Are there plans to update to Android 4.4 anytime soon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
Wow, all this time I thought it was just an issue with our phones being over 2 years old. MIUI development is really that far behind?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yup. Still they haven't even updated to 4.3. I think is because 4.3 is not a big update they left that one alone. But only time will tell as far as I know. Miui v6 will be out in a few months. That will most likely be kitkat.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

anhel812

Aug 31, 2009
Great rom! But why my statusbar is black? And the magnifier can't be enabled :(

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus mediante Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389355343852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389355343852.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 427

dclay89

Oct 24, 2008
Sorry guys but I font think I'll be supporting this anymore since I don't have this phone no more. Maybe when miui v6 comes out I might port it but that might be it. Sorry guys.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No prob.. Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
Is there anyway we could get a v6 going I'm going to work on porting it today or at least in going to try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I no longer have this phone and I don't have much time to try and work on it. If I get the chance I'll try and make a port but it's really hard for me since I work about 13hr a day.

Sent From My vs980

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WELCOME TO MIUI V5 FOR THE GALAXY NEXUS VERIZON WIRELESS EDITION

miui-v5-es.jpg

This is a port of miui v5 for the galaxy nexus Toro.

se9ymyqy.jpg

erypavu6.jpg

etysyva3.jpg

WHAT WORKS:

WHAT DOESN'T WORK:

BIG BIG THANKS TO PYROEMANIAC FOR FIXING DATA AND TreyMotes FOR FIXING THE DOUBLE 3G 1X THING

Download: Miui-v5_toro_3.12.20_jb-4.2.zip

INSTALL:
    1- wipe data/cache
    2- wipe dalvick cache
    3- install v5
    4- boot and set up phone
    5- reboot into recovery and flash gapps HERE fix permissions Reboot
    6- continue using phone and it should settle/stop lagging after an hour tops

Gapps HERE
    Enjoy

Kernel info and source can be found HERE
    Re: [ROM][WIP][PORT] MIUI v5 FULLY WORKING!!!!

Wifi-suckz ballz! :(
    And i wanted a good stable ROM! :/

Then I think you might want to go ahead and go back to stock and be ungrateful there.

Or better yet, port your own ROM. I have no sympathy for your kind of garbage.

Well that's something that should be in the op. You know something along the lines of btw if you don't flash v4 first you won't be able to get the apps you spent your hard earned money on. Instead of if you still experience lag after an hour flash v4 first. Some people don't have time to look through 73 pages spanning numerous builds. Ugh this is why I never post here.

I do believe you'll enjoy a thing called stock. That way we don't annoy you with our free work.

If you don't have time to read then you probably don't have time to flash any ways so its a win win.

Official release of miui for the galaxy nexus (gsm) today!! Hopefully that means we can haz some 4.2.2. Miui goodness this weekend!

Or maybe tonight :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    Still have to flash v4 first?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Highly recommended to avoid potential problems. But once it is done you can flash the updates normally.

I'm just going to build 3.4.19 tomorrow so you guys don't have to flash twice in two days. Been pretty busy the last couple of days but should have the whole weekend free :D