Search This thread

nmccord

Oct 31, 2012
Google now is great and is part of the kitkat experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing ROM. But I have a question; can the integrated Google "bloatware" on the homescreens be removed (e.g. Google Now on the far left and the baked-in Google Search on EVERY homescreen)? I love the looks of KitKat, but I am not a huge fan of those things, as I believe we should have every right to customize our devices to our choosing. Once again, thanks for the ROM! In any case, if it is still integrated I could always just flash 10...I really want the KitKat experience though.

If I remember, right, there is an option to turn off Google Now in the settings, bottom right within Now. The persistent Search bar has no off switch. So two options: 1) Use Apex or Nova Launcher, they both have the option to turn off. Of course, then you're using that launcher and not GEL. 2) Use Titanium to freeze Google search.

iamlazy

Dec 3, 2013
First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing ROM. But I have a question; can the integrated Google "bloatware" on the homescreens be removed (e.g. Google Now on the far left and the baked-in Google Search on EVERY homescreen)? I love the looks of KitKat, but I am not a huge fan of those things, as I believe we should have every right to customize our devices to our choosing. Once again, thanks for the ROM! In any case, if it is still integrated I could always just flash 10...I really want the KitKat experience though.

Or you can install minimal gapps and use launcher3 which has an option to turn the search bar off and doesn't have an always running google now listener.

K3NN3Y

Dec 28, 2013
Floresville
Worked

If I remember, right, there is an option to turn off Google Now in the settings, bottom right within Now. The persistent Search bar has no off switch. So two options: 1) Use Apex or Nova Launcher, they both have the option to turn off. Of course, then you're using that launcher and not GEL. 2) Use Titanium to freeze Google search.

Thanks, worked like a charm. :D

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013

Or you can install minimal gapps and use launcher3 which has an option to turn the search bar off and doesn't have an always running google now listener.

Thanks guys for helping out...Been a bit busy today with some "projects"..

Reactions: njstein

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
Ink, I sent 3 more logcats while using the speakerphone during video chat they're all from 4.2 but the speakerphone was working 100% no mic issue or muting

Edit: do you want me to flash 4.4 to compare the logcats?

Last edited:
Reactions: InkSlinger420

Sigma47

Feb 10, 2008
MPLS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
OK...I WILL REITERATE.. (as nicely as i can) These are NIGHTLYS.For those who don't know the process of "nightlys"..Many things will get fixed and many more may get broken (and then fixed again HOPEFULLY)..is take notes and dig..and its all for FREE and a HOBBY..
whoa dude, thx for the lecture dad. get a tat and take a 420 break. I've been flashing nightlies since "jesusfreak" ROMs on the HTC magic and have bought multiple cases of beer for the devs on all the devices I've owned. You haven't got coin from me bc I have never used any of your work. In my prior post I was confirming a bug report that another user had initially posted. My post was simply meant to suggest that the bug was real and not an isolated incident as a result of the other user's config. . I use BT daily and in my exp on xda over last 5 yrs have found many devs do not and for that reason I believe BT issues are often last fix, if ever, on ROMs. Back to CM10... maybe its time for a new phone.

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
whoa dude, thx for the lecture dad. get a tat and take a 420 break. I've been flashing nightlies since "jesusfreak" ROMs on the HTC magic and have bought multiple cases of beer for the devs on all the devices I've owned. You haven't got coin from me bc I have never used any of your work. In my prior post I was confirming a bug report that another user had initially posted. My post was simply meant to suggest that the bug was real and not an isolated incident as a result of the other user's config. . I use BT daily and in my exp on xda over last 5 yrs have found many devs do not and for that reason I believe BT issues are often last fix, if ever, on ROMs. Back to CM10... maybe its time for a new phone.

Not cool, not cool at all. If you read the Devs comment and took offense, you need the 420 break. Follow the thread, thus is one of the most relaxed, easy going Devs out there.

Happy New Year

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013

Truly surprised you got bent..(even more surprised it took you 3 days to think that up..).I'm not gonna feed the trolls so you are welcome to rollback to whatever ROM ya came from and go be a smartass over in their thread..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: champ784 and micl9

Sigma47

Feb 10, 2008
MPLS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Truly surprised you got bent..I'm not gonna feed the trolls so you are welcome to rollback to whatever ROM ya came from and go be a smartass over in their thread..

Hey I'm no troll buddy... your prev response was laden self importance and condescension. I was simply stating some behavior that I observed and there seemed to be some confusion as to the functionality of BT (you yourself, as I suspected, don't use it) and you got all "poor me I do this for free" idk I wasn't complaining bout the ROM was just noting an issue and YOU appeared to have taken some offense from that. Next time I'll keep hush and let you field questions about Google now... bc that's a dev

Reactions: Somcom3X

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
Hey I'm no troll buddy... your prev response was laden self importance and condescension. I was simply stating some behavior that I observed and there seemed to be some confusion as to the functionality of BT (you yourself, as I suspected, don't use it) and you got all "poor me I do this for free" idk I wasn't complaining bout the ROM was just noting an issue and YOU appeared to have taken some offense from that. Next time I'll keep hush and let you field questions about Google now... bc that's a dev

Again..it should be a dropped issue (the one you keep whining about)..If you took what I said a little on the chin..then YOU need to relax..And I see that you say you've been doing a BUNCH of flashing and donating..(blah blah blah), Then why you rocking 6 thanks..? Sounds like a troll to me....Let's clean it up in here..or your welcome to leave..and a GOOD dev monitors his DEVELOPMENT thread and helps wherever he can (with your snippity Google now comment)

Last edited:
Reactions: micl9 and njstein

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
Ink, I sent 3 more logcats while using the speakerphone during video chat they're all from 4.2 but the speakerphone was working 100% no mic issue or muting

Edit: do you want me to flash 4.4 to compare the logcats?

If you would...that would be great..I have nothing to compare it to..;)

dsulliii

Jun 2, 2012
Denver
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Excellent and Superior

InkSlinger420, this is all-too-late in the coming, and I only wish that I'd been following you much earlier to provide you some encouragement. I am VERY slow to upgrade. This is the FIRST time I've ever been brave enough to flash a NIGHTLY. And I did it ONLY because of what I've been seeing in your development. Yeah, there's a few things not working, and even some from quite a while back. But those are minor in comparison to how awesome this ROM is. I just flashed the 12/28/2014 NIGHTLY yesterday and am totally loving it. I want you to know that you have an outstanding public presentation and you are to be congratulated for maintaining your composure as well as you do. Your technical skills match right up there with your personality. KUDOS!

Bluetooth -- don't use, never have, probably never will.

Speakerphone -- would really like to see it 100% perfect. I'd be glad to provide anything that I can to you in order to help you out. I have a smidgen of technical prowess and a lot of willingness to take chances since I can usually recover from any disaster.

Camera scanner apps -- yeah, a REAL big one for me. As with the speakerphone, if there's ANYTHING that I can contribute to help you nail those down, then feel free to ask. As much as I rely on them, though, this ROM's quality surpasses the effect on me of no-longer being able to scan barcodes. I just do them WITHOUT this phone <grin>.

I'm a fair guinea pig. If you need me to take a chance for you, I will. Just let me know.

-- David

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
If you would...that would be great..I have nothing to compare it to..;)

I'll try to get logcats tonight probably won't be able to until tomorrow tho, but my only question is since speakerphone won't work since it mutes the mic in a phone call, why is it different in the case of video chatting where it does work in 4.2?

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
I'll try to get logcats tonight probably won't be able to until tomorrow tho, but my only question is since speakerphone won't work since it mutes the mic in a phone call, why is it different in the case of video chatting where it does work in 4.2?

Thats a fantastic question.. And take your time with the logs.. I have a few things going on as well

Jserrano56

Nov 5, 2012
Frisco
Happy New Year Everyone!
@InkSlinger420 I'll have the logcats some time within the next 2 days, just curious do you have a logcat of working speakerphone as in like a phone call? Or do I need to flash CM10 and get a logcat of that too so we can compare logcats and see what was changed or what broke between builds?

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
Happy New Year Everyone!
@InkSlinger420 I'll have the logcats some time within the next 2 days, just curious do you have a logcat of working speakerphone as in like a phone call? Or do I need to flash CM10 and get a logcat of that too so we can compare logcats and see what was changed or what broke between builds?

I have working..I need error log...

JetSquad

May 10, 2013
Camera Bugs

I recently upgraded from cm10 to cm11. It works pretty good! There is a slight issue I've notice tho. Recording video on the back camera and front facing camera don't work with the default app. It will freeze for a few seconds then start the timer as if it was recording but when you hit the recording button again to stop it the video does not exist anywhere. I checked the gallery and the default location for recordings. Instagram also wont record in the app or process video on this rom when choosing from the gallery. Snapchat does work(with pictures and recording videos) with the front facing camera but not the back doesnt work(when recording video). Sorry for all the specifics, I'm not sure what would help and what wouldn't. Thats the only thing I've come across that doesn't work :( , besides what you've stated before. Its a very good rom tho! :good: :D

Reactions: InkSlinger420

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
I recently upgraded from cm10 to cm11. It works pretty good! There is a slight issue I've notice tho. Recording video on the back camera and front facing camera don't work with the default app. It will freeze for a few seconds then start the timer as if it was recording but when you hit the recording button again to stop it the video does not exist anywhere. I checked the gallery and the default location for recordings. Instagram also wont record in the app or process video on this rom when choosing from the gallery. Snapchat does work(with pictures and recording videos) with the front facing camera but not the back doesnt work(when recording video). Sorry for all the specifics, I'm not sure what would help and what wouldn't. Thats the only thing I've come across that doesn't work :( , besides what you've stated before. Its a very good rom tho! :good: :D

Yep..the videocamera is dodgy..as well as the regular camera..its a known issue and actively being addressed..glad to know you like it otherwise though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-10-banner-600.jpg

~NIGHTLIES ARE UP!! ~

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

~DISCLAIMER~
    * Your warranty is now void. *

~I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.~
    ~Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it!~
    ~YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.~
    ~Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    cause of male impotence (so decide if its worth it).~

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review at http://review.cyanogenmod.com. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features here http://www.cmxlog.com/11/.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki for your device: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/T769_Info

Known Issues That Will Be Fixed

Speakerphone "muting" bug STILL exists
    Camcorder preview is out of focus
    Scanner apps (code scanners and bank apps) do not work
    Bluetooth can be a bit spotty-but should work

IMPORTANT: Many CM10.2 features have not been ported forward to CM11.0.

---Screens---

Screenshot_2013-11-28-17-40-22_1_.pngScreenshot_2013-11-28-17-41-02_1_.pngScreenshot_2013-11-28-17-41-07_1_.png

Thanks @carvsdriver for his patch list to get this thing building...
    and to @UberPinguin for letting me take on this project..

Recovery Link:

CWM 6.0.3.8 (No touch) - http://d-h.st/Cc2
    CWM 6.0.3.8 (Touch) - http://d-h.st/hVY

Official Nightlys Download Link:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=t769

Thanks go out to...
    @thomas.raines @carvsdriver@mikeyman77 @dhacker29 @PlayfulGod [ @UberPinguin (for all his work to get us up to where I could help a little) and my tester @Skywalker.00
    for all helping with this project..!!!

UPDATED GAPPS:

4.4.2 (lightweight core apps) - http://d-h.st/9PV
    4.4.2 (standard apps) - http://d-h.st/yeS

UVLH5 Radios (if you have silent calls or echo)
    http://d-h.st/MQN
    Thanks @dwitherell

installation1.png

First Timer? Full wipe of system, data cache and dalvic is a must before flashing cm11 for the first time, then flash gapps..
    Repeat Offender? Only wipe cache and dalvik..

This ROM is stable for the most part with audio, data, wifi and such all working..The builds will be stronger,more stable and full of features as things get worked out and features implemented..

You can find and download the newest updates (once you are on the rom) by going to settings/about phone and tapping Cyanogenmod Updates..It will allow you to download and install all in one step.

~~~ART IS NOW AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION~~~

ART (the new Android Runtime) is now available for use with this device.It helps with performance and overall stability of the rom. It is still early and if there are any issues you may come across while using it, you are welcome to switch back to dalvik until it has some more time to get smoothed out..Some apps are NOT ART compatible yet..Its seems more only an issue if restoring backups or side loading..some apps will not install by side load until they are updated..if you are already running art then feel free to only wipe cache and dalvic before flash..if you choose to have your device run dalvic (normally) and have full access to your app backups and/or full app compatibility that's fine as well and the flash process would be the same as above..if you are wanting to see what art is all about, I do recommend a full wipe so there is no app issues on boot..in that case full wipe, flash ROM and gapps..reboot..change to art in developer options..it will reboot and take a hot minute to optimize the apps..then you will not need to do it again when you flash alpha 4. YOU NEED TO RUN THE UPDATED GAPPS PACKAGE IF CONVERTING TO ART AS IT IS OPTIMIZED FOR THAT PURPOSE...

More info to come..

Work in progress..

~I do all this for the "Thanks", but a little beer helps me work better. (And I could use one.;) )...~
    Thanks to those who have donated to me through my projects....
    "Call forwarding Service was Enabled" popup issue

i recommend anything b4 3/1 guys.... although it doesn't have the call forward issues, ive notice my battery life cut in half and other wierdness happening as well. :)

it seems that the "Call forwarding Service was Enabled" popup issue is still there.

i have dive into the problem these days, and found the solution (i'm not using t769 but my phone also have this issue)

the cause: the value of a CONST in RIL changed, the CONST's name is "RIL_UNSOL_ON_SS", whose value changed from 1039 to 1038, the previous const with value 1038 is "RIL_UNSOL_RESPONSE_TETHERED_MODE_STATE_CHANGED", if you're using a vendor provided ril binary, that means lower ril send a RIL_UNSOL_RESPONSE_TETHERED_MODE_STATE_CHANGED event, but the upper framework mistaking it as a RIL_UNSOL_ON_SS event, then "Call forwarding" dialog popup

the solution: instead using the ril binary from vendor, ril related binary have to be built from source, including `/system/bin/rild', `/system/lib/libril.so', `/system/lib/libreference-ril.so'. ril from source don't works on cm-10.2 but works on cm-11 in my case, hope the source built ril also works for t760.

hope this post will help;)
    Quick update...
    We have camera working, media -caf implemented and a ton of kernel updates inbound for the 8660 platform.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    i second that, connected to car stereo and rec'd call, call was dropped and it wouldn't reconnect. Also, GPS fix takes forever, both these things I notice while on the go, which is when I find my smartphone most handy. I am stoked for a fix, thanks for all the hard work!

OK...I WILL REITERATE.. (as nicely as i can) These are NIGHTLYS...They WILL be broken...and I WILL look into the issues, but instead of "waiting for a fix" it would be better to just flash back to a build that the issues didnt occur on..(Its ALWAYS wise to keep a good solid build on your sd for these reasons)..For those who don't know the process of "nightlys"..There are MANY things changing in source (between ALOT of devices) and I can promise you the device files for the blaze have not changed for BT etc. so its other things in the rom itself and its interactions with the files..Many things will get fixed and many more may get broken (and then fixed again HOPEFULLY).. But at the moment its alot of hit or miss, and as we are not the only msm8660 device, all we can do is (as others working on their devices also actively)..is take notes and dig..and its all for FREE and a HOBBY..So waiting isnt a good idea..I have other things i need to handle to pay the bills (and even buy a beer) so it may not be REALLY high on the priority list.. Im glad that everyone appreciates my efforts, but for a while, I will have more pressing matters at hand..I hope you all understand...and again, noone has offered a log , so, being as i dont own the device ( and i will say that again, I DO NOT own the device) its hard to see whats going on when i cannot replicate it..
    Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping someone had found a way around it. I've gone back to cm 10, and it is sooo much better for what I need.

Have a good evening.

4.1.2 is the last "fully functional" version for both the blaze and the exhilarate....Sucks I know, but if you are a user that can live without the couple of bugs 4.4.4 has, its really not a bad running fw version...I, however, have now lost my i577, and never owned a blaze, so it looks like my time devving for these devices is done, and its time to focus mainly on flo (nexus 7 2013)...Hope sum stuff gets worked out for these devices, but as they are no longer high priority (not alot of users,not much demand persay) alot of other devs have moved on, and as I can no longer test what i build, I will be of no more use to the blaze users.... Good luck guys...!!! Its been fun...If anyone gets a n7, Im still working for that, and have some new projects going on of my own...This is my "Dear John" letter...Its been fun..