[Q] What's ZL's screen made of?

Search This thread

swooc

Sep 26, 2013
i vaguely remember reading somewhere that it was only the Z that got the dragontail treatment. the zl uses whatever the other option is besides gorilla glass and dragontail.

Reactions: pedromsouza

ghost_razr

Jul 23, 2012
Chennai
I think i read somewhere the screen of ZL is made up of normal mineral glass (used in watches etc just a little bit scratch proof) nothing fancy like dragontrail or gorilla glass, may be that's the reason they have put a shatterproof sheet on the glass to keep it all together in case of an accident.

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I think i read somewhere the screen of ZL is made up of normal mineral glass (used in watches etc just a little bit scratch proof) nothing fancy like dragontrail or gorilla glass, may be that's the reason they have put a shatterproof sheet on the glass to keep it all together in case of an accident.

Hmmm... then why do they put a screen protector on the Z's as well?

themanspirit

Aug 20, 2013
Auckland
My understanding is the Z uses Dragontrail on the front.
With Gorilla Glass on the rear.
Apparently the reason for the rear being Gorilla Glass, it allows the different colour finishes the Z is available in.

Does the Xperia Z use both Dragontrail and Gorilla Glass?
http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/02/20/does-the-xperia-z-use-both-dragontrail-and-gorilla-glass/

I have taken the ZL to have the same glass as the Z.
Particularly as it uses the same protective shatterproof film arrangement
But unlike the Z, the ZL's Sony logo is embedded in the glass.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC
The back of the Z being Gorilla Glass is news to me but I can assure you that Sony doesn't use Gorilla Glass if so it being on the back of the Z then maybe but it's not on the front the Z or the ZL

Sent from Shane's Xperia T LT30a

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
The back of the Z being Gorilla Glass is news to me but I can assure you that Sony doesn't use Gorilla Glass if so it being on the back of the Z then maybe but it's not on the front the Z or the ZL

Sent from Shane's Xperia T LT30a

Xperia SP uses gorilla glass. Says so on Sony site. It's kinda weird that SP has it and none of the other phones do. Maybe they are dragontail. I wish Sony would be specific about the glass.

pedromsouza

Oct 19, 2013
Salvador
So we still don't know what's Zl's screen made of. It's weird that Sony makes it so hard to find out. It should be on the official specs page.

Top Liked Posts