[ROM][MK2] 4.3 Stock(ish)v06 - Performance Rooted Deknoxed Deodexed HotSpot 2/16/14

Search This thread

Spiricore

Jan 5, 2011
Bend, OR
xdaforums.com
I honestly wouldn't know why someone would mount a system folder anyway. what happens when you pull the card (or worse the card fails) and try to boot your phone?
I thought same thing, which is why I was baffled and had to ask to make sure I wasn't misinformed :confused:
... If you look in the foldermount thread, it just seems to be something that it notices on first run and was deemed to be OK to accept for it to correct. I'm not sure what exactly it did, but it must have been something related to the services.jar given how things played out. But, I'm back and running now, so no real loss for me. For some reason the game I cared to move is in the /user folder and cannot be moved by foldermount automagically anyway.
Thanks for more specificity; that's weird. What game, and is it something GL to SD could help you with? I ask because I discovered it via YouTube yesterday while trying to track down the notorious "Insufficient Storage" error in GPlay despite having >7.5GB internal and 13GB of free space on my external storage (I can never catch a break :rolleyes:) and have yet to try it (apps first; games last).

Last edited:

rawintellect

Oct 12, 2008
Purgatory
I never got around to mounting anything. If you look in the foldermount thread, it just seems to be something that it notices on first run and was deemed to be OK to accept for it to correct. I'm not sure what exactly it did, but it must have been something related to the services.jar given how things played out. But, I'm back and running now, so no real loss for me. For some reason the game I cared to move is in the /user folder and cannot be moved by foldermount automagically anyway.

You mean this? It does not write to services.jar.

Ophbalance

Jul 12, 2008
Thanks for more specificity; that's weird. What game, and is it something...

The Simpson's Tapped Out. It's sitting around 800 megs, and though not huge, it makes the Nandroids that much bigger when it really doesn't need to be. It's not something I really need backed up as the game is cloud based and all progress stays on EA's server. It's a right pain in the arse to download all the updates again, but I'd rather that then have it stuck in my system backups.

You mean this? It does not write to services.jar.

Dunno, that's the only thing that I can think of that might have modified anything. Unless editing the services (sql lite) to add the Hotspot toggle could have done this? Either way, just flashing v03 again fixed things for me, and my Hotspot toggle remains in place.

DanM66

Jul 25, 2011
I never got around to mounting anything. If you look in the foldermount thread, it just seems to be something that it notices on first run and was deemed to be OK to accept for it to correct. I'm not sure what exactly it did, but it must have been something related to the services.jar given how things played out. But, I'm back and running now, so no real loss for me. For some reason the game I cared to move is in the /user folder and cannot be moved by foldermount automagically anyway.

I was having the same issue. Installed V03 and FolderMount. Hotspot would not work. Then this morning I installed Unknownforce's Kernel to see if that would clear up a wifi issue. It did not but Hotspot does now work. Hmmm.

When I installed FolderMount I received the same message about something in the phone not correct and it "auto fixed" it.

rawintellect

Oct 12, 2008
Purgatory
The Simpson's Tapped Out. It's sitting around 800 megs, and though not huge, it makes the Nandroids that much bigger when it really doesn't need to be. It's not something I really need backed up as the game is cloud based and all progress stays on EA's server. It's a right pain in the arse to download all the updates again, but I'd rather that then have it stuck in my system backups.

Dunno, that's the only thing that I can think of that might have modified anything. Unless editing the services (sql lite) to add the Hotspot toggle could have done this? Either way, just flashing v03 again fixed things for me, and my Hotspot toggle remains in place.

I'm willing to bet adding the hotspot toggle did this. More so than an app that has nothing to do with services.jar.

Spiricore

Jan 5, 2011
Bend, OR
xdaforums.com
... yesterday while trying to track down the notorious "Insufficient Storage" error in GPlay despite having >7.5GB internal and 13GB of free space on my external storage (I can never catch a break :rolleyes:..
Speaking of not catching a break, now it appears I broke something with the hosts file (I'm assuming). GPlay says connection error, OBackup won't upload to Google Drive, and AdAway says "None of your enabled hosts sources are reachable! Are you properly connected to the internet?". Going to replace it with the default hosts packed with v3 and pray I don't spend more time searching google. I thought it could be a modem issue, but everything reports fine under About Device. I'll try and reflash MK2 (unless someone here has another idea) if the hosts method doesn't work.

*sigh* :mad:

EDIT: Whoops, meant master, not hosts. Maybe both.

EDIT2: (sorry rawintellect; I'm kinda hoping other users can answer these questions instead of taking time away from your schedule :angel:) On a related note, I've noticed adblockers are anti-Medscape, which is a bit of a problem for me because I'm a doctor and have come to rely on it. This question likely belongs in the crossbreeder thread, but I'm hoping for a quick fix: is there a way to temporarily disable crossbreeder's adblocking so I can download Medscape's offline database?

Last edited:

rawintellect

Oct 12, 2008
Purgatory
Speaking of not catching a break, now it appears I broke something with the hosts file (I'm assuming). GPlay says connection error, OBackup won't upload to Google Drive, and AdAway says "None of your enabled hosts sources are reachable! Are you properly connected to the internet?". Going to replace it with the default hosts packed with v3 and pray I don't spend more time searching google. I thought it could be a modem issue, but everything reports fine under About Device. I'll try and reflash MK2 (unless someone here has another idea) if the hosts method doesn't work.

*sigh* :mad:

EDIT: Whoops, meant master, not hosts. Maybe both.

Again, as listed in the OP do not use Adaway for ad blocking. You CAN use it to update the host file used by this rom which is located in /system/etc/dnrd_root/master

This entire procedure for updating the master host file is documented in the "installation notes" section.

The host file in /system/etc/hosts isn't used by this ROM at all. Do not create a symlink to it.

Spiricore

Jan 5, 2011
Bend, OR
xdaforums.com
Again, as listed in the OP do not use Adaway for ad blocking. You CAN use it to update the host file used by this rom which is located in /system/etc/dnrd_root/master

This entire procedure for updating the master host file is documented in the "installation notes" section.

The host file in /system/etc/hosts isn't used by this ROM at all. Do not create a symlink to it.
Oh, I know, that's the only reason AdAway is even there. I had been updating my hosts master file through it per your instructions since v1 until, well, this.

Last edited:

Ophbalance

Jul 12, 2008
I'm willing to bet adding the hotspot toggle did this. More so than an app that has nothing to do with services.jar.

Could be. Though I would have expected that the toggle would be gone upon a dirty flash, and that the problem would remain that being the case. Never a dull moment when phucking with phones. Gah, that just makes me feel old :p, and I wonder how many will get that phrase ;).

rawintellect

Oct 12, 2008
Purgatory
Could be. Though I would have expected that the toggle would be gone upon a dirty flash, and that the problem would remain that being the case. Never a dull moment when phucking with phones. Gah, that just makes me feel old :p, and I wonder how many will get that phrase ;).

Not necessarily. Many things remain after a dirty flash. Many things do not. Hence the term "dirty flash". How could you expect the toggle to be gone AND the problem to remain? The mod you made to generate that toggle modifies the sql database file.

Honestly, I really don't understand how you're trying to lay this on foldermount? It has absolutely nothing to do with services.jar. I could show you the EXACT line of code that creates the hotspot mod. It is not related to foldermount in any way.

I'm assuming you followed this guide?

What's more likely the culprit? foldermount? Or editing a database file that is directly used by services.jar?

Even if you don't agree with me lets move on shall we? I think 2 and a half pages devoted to editing a database is enough don't you? :)

Last edited:

fgr

Mar 1, 2008
Overland Park, KS

Unlikely its the hotspot toggle either. You're editing the settings.db, nothing to do with services.jar.

@rawintellect, did you modify anything in services.jar other than the hotspot mod? If not, people should just be able to flash the hotspot mod from crawrj's thread. Post 337 has the MK2 version.

I've messed up the settings.db before and hotspot still worked anyways...

Edit: just read your post... Moving on... lol

Last edited:

rawintellect

Oct 12, 2008
Purgatory
Unlikely its the hotspot toggle either. You're editing the settings.db, nothing to do with services.jar.

@rawintellect, did you modify anything in services.jar other than the hotspot mod? If not, people should just be able to flash the hotspot mod from crawrj's thread. Post 337 has the MK2 version.

I've messed up the settings.db before and hotspot still worked anyways...

Edit: just read your post... Moving on... lol

I did edit more than just the hotspot in services.jar. The fix from v02 (as I said before) just reapplies my changes in services.jar. Just flashing crawrj's hotspot mod will break other changes I've made. Ok I really am done with this. I'm not posting another word on it. This is becoming a hotspot support thread and not really what I've intended here. He's back up and running. Good enough.

Reactions: g_ding84

storm1935

Feb 19, 2010
The knox counter is in your bootloader. Flashing any ROM through a custom recovery will trip it. My ROM doesn't contain the KNOX bootloader so whatever bootloader you have is what you're going to end up with after a flash. I never said this wouldn't trip knox. I'm still running MF9 bootloader so I don't have this problem. To see what version of bootloader you're running download an app from Google Play called "device info" it's located here.

In fact the moment you flashed a custom recovery you tripped knox. Long before you installed my ROM. Knox is the SAMSUNG warranty. Not sprint insurance. If you have sprint insurance then it doesn't matter. They don't care about knox.

Read more here.

According to "device info" I'm running L720VPUEMK2. Does this mean anything?

Yeah I figured the custom recovery did the Knox tripping. Oh well, I'm confident there will be a way to reset it in the future. Thanks for all your hard work. Take a break. ;)

jarcher12

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for that my friend! It's just that it's frustrating to put literally 36-48hr runs of no sleep (multiple times, to the point of vision loss) into developing a ROM and then have someone come in with a problem that could be solved due to user error or not reading the OP correctly. This ROM is literally my baby and I feel the need to protect it at all costs like I would my real child! lol!

And there's more to come. I'm constantly testing things. I have something that might be fantastic if I can make the init.d script work correctly.

Hi again, i understand obsession, just saying that it can be fairly detrimental to health " 36-48hr runs of no sleep (multiple times, to the point of vision loss) " them and family life. it is easy to burn out when putting this kind of effort into something.

maybe take a page from the tibetan monks they spend days making the most elaborate malas with colored sand and when they are finished swipe them out .
might be time to Clear cache and Dalvik in your own head ... :silly:

Reactions: btoddweber

rawintellect

Oct 12, 2008
Purgatory
According to "device info" I'm running L720VPUEMK2. Does this mean anything?

Yeah I figured the custom recovery did the Knox tripping. Oh well, I'm confident there will be a way to reset it in the future. Thanks for all your hard work. Take a break. ;)

Your bootloader is MK2 which does contain knox embedded. Now this was there before you flashed my ROM and before you flashed Philz.

screaming01l

Jun 23, 2012
Not sure if this is ROM related, but after flashing Im having no sound at the earpiece on the phone. So I ran "*#0*#" and tested it and it does have sound via the test so its not hardware. After I run the tests sound comes back for a while to the earpiece. When this happens, I can use the speaker phone, so its strictly earpiece related. Phone is brand new.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ******Disclaimer*******

Flash this at your own risk. This has been tested THOROUGHLY on my own SGS4. It works. Follow my instructions and you'll flash it just fine.I am NOT responsible for what you choose to flash on your phone. If your phone turns into a Gremlin and tries to eat you, you have been WARNED!!!!

NOTE: Please don't PM me for support. (1) It's rude. (2) Posting an issue or problem in this thread allows many users to look at it and offer advice on a possible solution. (3) Sending a PM does not allow other members of XDA to search for whatever problem and/or solution that is derived from the post in the thread.

If you PM me for support I will automatically ignore you. Thank you and I hope you understand.

******Disclaimer*******​

With that little bit out of the way:

Hi folks,

This is for all who want a Deodexed version of the stock 4.3 MK2 ROM with some performance boost and battery savings. The best of both worlds.

You MUST be on the MK2 or NAE modem when running this ROM. If not WiFi will be broken. Visit unknownforce's thread here to flash it.

Donations:

These people deserve their own section in the OP and I thank them very much: :highfive:

@leaderbuilder
    @itzbob701
    @Parnes_J
    @sndrdg
    @Danster840
    @Jim M
    @Longball
    @cmos8088
    @doby-nut
    @loader2142
    @VaderSS

Screenshots:

screenM_nepsgs420140110_020158.png
    screenM_rvksgs420140110_020443.png
    screenM_uwqsgs420140110_020439.png
    screenM_pussgs420140110_020438.png
    screenM_pfdsgs420140110_020209.png
    screenM_tFbsgs420140110_020232.png
    screenM_haBsgs420140110_020445.png
    screenM_mdwsgs420140110_020224.png
    screenM_xuAsgs420140110_020435.png
    screenM_clcsgs420140110_020227.png
    screenM_xarsgs420140110_020202.png
    screenM_vjrsgs420140110_020205.png
    screenM_nepsgs420140110_020158.png
    screenM_olFsgs420140110_020211.png

Screenshot_2014-01-25-16-46-56_xxtsgs420140125_165116.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-25-19-11-14_EAgsgs420140125_192104.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-17-23-15-18_lDqsgs420140217_232102.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-17-23-01-38_idwsgs420140217_230437.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-23-21-29-58_oFpsgs420140223_213058.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-23-21-45-30_qsmsgs420140223_214657.png

User Quotes:

• "Love this rom! Definitely my daily stock(ish) is the way to go. Thanks for all the hard work and giving us a good base to do our own thing with. Never liked rabbits before but I do now"
    • "This rom has been the best when it comes to battery life in my personal experience coming from an all stock MJA w/ root to Mk2. No settings changed. I started to greenify some system apps as well."
    • "Thanks tons, very good Stock(ish) experience. Love the debloat and the added features."
    • "Awesome! Love this ROM, I was using a few others and kept debating going back to stock with root. THIS is exactly what I had in mind, stock experience so everything runs smooth plus a tweak here or there to improve battery life and allow personal customization. Keep up the great work!"
    • "This ROM is super fast and battery efficient out of the box. Thanks raw!"

ROM Features

v06

• AROMA installer for Philz 6.12+ compatibility.
    • Tweaked file system (/cache /data /system) on install with tune2fs.
    • intergrated Adobe Air and Adobe Flash into this ROM. No need to install them manually
    • Pie control. Get an AOSP feel on a TW ROM.
    • XHalo (paranoid android style) popup windows for notifications.
    • 6 choices of TW Launcher sizes in AROMA (made by yours truly)
    • Added the following xposed modules:
      • Network speed indicator
      • Youtube adaway
      • Pie control (see above)
      • X-volume (add more steps to your volume slider)
      • X-halo floating windows
    • Added the following widgets
      • Android weather widget
      • Dolphin Bookmark widget
    • WIFiHotspot Toggle.
    • Rooted.
    • De-odexed.
    • De-knoxed.
    • Hotspot mod.
    • 4-in-1 reboot menu.
    • KT-SGS4 custom kernel.
    • Wanam Xposed 2.5.1 and Xposed installer.
    • Sony Bravia imaging engine and Bravia image engine movie patch. The same awesome images you get with pictures will now be applied to movies!
    • X-Reality imaging engine
    • Forced GPU rendering.
    • Disabled Increasing Ringtone.
    • Disabled Input Notification.
    • More power saver tweaks.
    • Improved UI responsiveness.
    • Disabled USB debugging notification.
    • Removed app checks (JNI).
    • Improved Network (WiFi/Mobile) performance.
    • Improved maximum JPEG quality.
    • Improved earpiece audio.
    • Full WiFi channels tweak.
    • Disabled screen on when unplugged.
    • Disabled loud volume warning.
    • Enabled 4-way screen rotation.
    • Flashlight quicksetting button.
    • Edited /system/lib/egl and removed libGLES_android.so for better 2d performance.
    • Two premade KTweaker settings (1) Turbo for performance and (2) Low Gear for battery life. (see installation notes for download links)
    • Enabled lockscreen rotation.
    • Added Greenify by request
    • Enabled 4-way lockscreen rotation.
    • Disabled wake when charged notification.
    • Remounted ext4 partition (if you have one) and ALL OTHER partitions to noatime (more speed).
    • Turbo Z-RAM!!! pre-configured to run with 512 x 4 = 2048 100% swappiness. Can be changed through the app.
    • Native ad-blocking. You can NOT use Adaway or AdFree or any other ad-blocker with this ROM. See installation notes below for details on updating the native host file.
    • There are NO firmware updates in this. This includes the removal of Knox Bootloader. This is simply the ROM and the stock kernel.
    • Fixed an odd problem with Story Album force closing.
    • Fixed an issue with WiFi not saving passwords between boots.
    • init.d support for any kernel even the default kernel.
    • Unlocked custom boot animation. You can now place whatever bootanimation.zip you like in /system/media.
    • Viper4Android 2.3.1.5 Sound mod.
    • Fixed Google Wallet NFC insecure issue for MK2 De-odexed ROMs.
    • PurePerformances™X and Fly-on Engine (which includes crossbreeder) both of these provide amazing performance boosts on even the stock kernel..
    • Additional battery tweaks, network TCP tweaks, and zip-align on boot.
    • ES File explorer.
    • Dolphin browser and Dolphin jetpack which supports flash and is the fastest browser out there. Give it a try. Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.81 available here.
    • Removed Sprint ID, Sprint Zone, Sprint Worldwide apps. (I think we can all agree those had to go).
    • Removed My Files file explorer.
    • Removed Samsung Hub, Samsung Link, Trip Advisor.
    • Removed Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Movies and TV, and Google Play Music.
    • Removed Yahoo News, Yahoo Stock.
    • KT-SGS4 for MJA release 12.12.13 has been confirmed working with this ROM. It's safe to flash it. You can find Ktoonsez's kernel here.
    • If you want more space on your homescreen please visit my thread here: [MOD] 4x5 TouchWiz Launcher (continued for MJA/MK2)

This was flashed using Philz Recovery 6.18.7. You can get it here.

Download links:

***Latest release***

stock(ish)v06.zip
    MD5: 94a982921040e8893c3c7038206e1c63

Older releases:

stock(ish)v05.zip
    MD5:5e38e0f81322312fad0c78ec1dc84180

stock(ish)v04.zip
    MD5: 548b73c036ff4b3e0c30e6a02fb2648e

stock(ish)v03.zip
    MD5: 5be81dd68a531c8b5f8c627774d44260

stock(ish)v02.zip
    MD5: 5bd237e61821488ca4ab42ce0027d12b

stock(ish)v01.zip
    MD5: bce9f8b9d581c55010cf07947bc17c47

jfltespr_MK2_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_12_13_13.zip
    MD5: be320b2bfa9768ce40a289a237ab0381

jfltespr_MK2_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed.zip
    MD5: c3cbbd480289c4a5f5dd9fef2af35975

Flashable zips for fixes:

V05_Performance_Fix.zip - flash this if you feel v05 is a little sluggish. It should behave more like v04.
    MD5: 935c8e554330e9058d570771a00915da

Aldiko hw fix for v04.zip - flash this to fix an incompatibility problem with Aldiko e-reader in v04.
    MD5: bedd5458eb9a26b83d6bcd094d6969e4

Conflicting init.d fix.zip - Flash this to fix a conflict in init.d scripts in v04 that caused the device to run slower than anticipated.
    MD5: 44d08d9832e00e1005a8fe30f7a1653e

Google Wallet Fix_v01.zip - This is for V01 only! If you have a later release it's included.
    MD5: 0f2937d80ab4153c9d90f06c2fccac7b

stock(ish)_hotspot_fix_for-v02.zip - Flash this to fix the broken WiFi hotspot in stock(ish)v02
    MD5: e9a47884ec3af6d4c756cdace6d9a132

To install this ROM follow these instructions EXACTLY:
    1. Boot into Philz recovery
    2. Select "Wipe Data/Factory reset"
    3. Select "Clean to Install a New Rom"
    4. Select "Yes I will install a new ROM".
    5. Do the above twice.
    6. Select Power Options in Philz
    7. Reboot Recovery.
    8. Then flash this ROM.

NOTE: Clean wipe twice. Some users have reported force closes when this installs. I have wiped twice every time and have yet to have any force close issues upon installing.

Credits:

@Chainfire
    @Warboy
    @Philz
    @crawrj
    @fgr
    @ktoonsez
    @Unknownforce
    @viper520
    @zhuhang
    @Jeeko
    @slaid480
    @kobridge
    @g_ding84
    @rlorange

If you believe you should be added to the list of credits please send me a PM and I'll take care of it.
    - - - Change Log - - -​

12/12/13​
    Initial release.
    Removed Knox.
    Deodexed.
    Rooted.
    Fixed FC issue with Story Album.
    12/13/13​
    Release jfltespr_MK2_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_12_13_13.
    Confirmed working with KT Kernel release 12.12.13 for TW roms.
    Tested and Included Hotspot Mod for MK2.
    Fixed an issue where WiFi wasn't saving access point passwords.​
    12/15/13​
    Updated the OP to inform users that the MK2 modem is required for WiFi to work properly.
    Fixed NFC insecure errors on MK2 deodexed ROMs running Google Wallet.​
    12/17/13​
    Renamed the ROM Stock(ish) as I intend to tweak this while still giving users a stock-like experience.
    Added 4-in-1 reboot menu. Thanks @Unknownforce.
    Added init.d support for any kernel even the default kernel.
    Unlocked custom boot animation. You can now place whatever bootanimation.zip you like in /system/media.
    Added Viper4Android 2.3.1.5. Thanks to @viper520 and @zhuhang. ViPER’s Audio Website. http://vipersaudio.com .Use “Compatible Mode” if you use other sound mods.
    Fixed Google Wallet NFC insecure issue for MK2 De-odexed ROMs.
    Added PurePerformances™X and Fly-on Engine (which includes crossbreeder). Thanks @Jeeko and @slaid480.
    Added additional battery tweaks, network TCP tweaks, and zip-align on boot.
    Removed SprintId, Sprint Zone, Sprint Worldwide apps. (I think we can all agree those had to go).
    Added ES File explorer.
    Added Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.81 link.
    Added Dolphin browser 10.2.0 and Dolphin jetpack 5.1.1.It supports flash and is the fastest browser out there. Give it a try.
    Removed My Files file explorer.
    Removed Samsung Hub, Samsung Link, Trip Advisor.
    Removed Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Movies and TV, and Google Play Music.
    Removed Yahoo News, Yahoo Stock.
    Added Terminal app.
    12/20/13​
    v02
    Added KT-SGS4 custom kernel.
    Added my "Turbo" profile for performance. Enable it by restoring it from the KTWeaker main screen or run completely stock.
    Forced GPU rendering.
    Disabled Increasing Ringtone.
    Disabled Input Notification.
    More power saver tweaks.
    Improved UI responsiveness.
    Disabled USB debugging notification.
    Removed app checks (JNI).
    Improved Network (WiFi/Mobile) performance.
    Improved maximum JPEG quality.
    Improved earpiece audio.
    Full WiFi channels tweak.
    Updated to SuperSU-v1.86.​
    12/29/13​
    v03
    removed Turbo profile. I made a separate non-flashible zip. See installation notes below for directions on installing it.
    Fixed broken WiFi hotspot mod.
    Upgraded KT-SGS4 to version 12.22.13.
    Upgraded crossbreeder to 12.1.13
    Fixed host-file issue with crossbreeder.
    Installed Wanam Xposed 2.5.1 and Xposed installer.
    Upgraded dolphin browser to 10.2.2
    Upgraded dolphin jetpack to 5.1.2
    Added Sony Bravia imaging engine.
    Disabled screen on when unplugged.
    Disabled loud volume warning.
    Enabled 4-way screen rotation.
    Enabled lockscreen rotation.
    Enabled 4-way lockscreen rotation.
    Disabled wake when charged notification.​
    1/8/14​
    v04
    Added Turbo Z-RAM (thanks @rlorange)!!! pre-configured to run with 512 x 4 = 2048 100% swappiness. You can change it if you want via the app.
    revised the "Turbo" profile. (see installation notes for download link)
    New battery friendly profile "Low Gear" which underclocks processor to 1.1GHz but with Turbo Z-RAM it runs silky smooth. (see installation notes for download link)
    edited /system/lib/egl and removed libGLES_android.so for better 2d performance.
    streamlined some init.d scripts and removed redundant code.
    updated KT-SGS4 to 1.05.14
    added greenify by request
    updated dolphin to 10.2.3
    Swype is now the default keyboard on a clean install. You can change it by going to: menu > settings > My device > Language and input.​
    1/15/14​
    Updated the OP and Installation notes section to include revised installation instructions.​
    1/25/14​
    v05
    Added flashlight quicksetting toggle.
    Added Smart Network quicksetting toggle.
    Added Network Restriction toggle.
    updated SuperSU to 1.91
    updated busybox binary to 1.22.1
    Updated Wanam Xposed to 2.6.5
    Updated KT-SGS4 to 1.23.14
    fixed a conflict in init.d scripts that caused the device to run slower than anticipated.
    fixed an incompatibility problem with Aldiko e-reader.
    installed X-Reality imaging engine
    installed Bravia image engine movie patch. The same awesome images you get with pictures will now be applied to movies!
    installed AE engine libs.
    remounted ext4 partition (if you have one) to noatime (more speed)
    remount ALL OTHER partitions to noatime. (more speed)
    added ibeats heatset compatibility (experimental! not tested! please provide feedback)
    Fixed ZRAM App! You can now change and save your settings in the ZRAM app and have them apply on boot! Instantly! No more waiting 4 mins for ZRAM!

A clean wipe is REQUIRED for the flashlight toggle to show up.
    2/15/14​
    v06
    AROMA installer for Philz 6.12+ compatibility.
    Tweaked file system (/cache /data /system) on install with tune2fs. <
    updated viper4android to 2.3.2.2
    intergrated Adobe Air and Adobe Flash into this ROM. No need to install them manually
    Added Pie control. Get an AOSP feel on a TW ROM.
    Added XHalo popup windows for notifications.
    Fixed init.d issues.
    updated Greenify to 2.2 (build 1)
    Added WIFiHotspot Toggle.
    Updated KT-SGS4 to 02.05.14
    Reinstalled missing fonts for lock-screen personal message
    Added choices of TW Launcher sizes in AROMA (made by yours truly)
    Added the following xposed modules:
    Network speed indicator
    Youtube ad-away
    Pie control (see above)
    X-volume (add more steps to your volume slider)
    X-halo floating windows
    Added the following widgets
    Android weather widget
    Dolphin Bookmark widget

A clean wipe is REQUIRED for the WiFi Hotspot toggle to show up.
    [/CENTER]
    Installation Notes:​

turbo Z-RAM first run **New for v06**

1. Click on the turbo Z-RAM app in the app drawer.
    2. Grant it permission in Super-SU
    3. Select Baked in Z-RAM *NOT* Module Z-RAM. Press the back button.
    4. Close the app by pressing the X in the lower right hand corner.
    5. Reopen the app.

Installing this ROM

1. Boot into Philz recovery
    2. Select "Wipe Data/Factory reset"
    3. Select "Clean to Install a New Rom"
    4. Select "Yes I will install a new ROM".
    5. Do the above twice.
    6. Select Power Options in Philz
    7 .Reboot Recovery.
    8. Then flash this ROM.

Installing/configuring Dolphin Browser

1. Install Adobe Flash player from here.
    2. Click on the Dolphin Jetpack icon in your app drawer. Not the Dolphin Browser. This will automatically install Jetpack in Dolphin and open the browser.
    3. Swipe through the setup and click start. You are now at the home screen.
    4. Click the dolphin button in the lower left hand corner or select menu. The menu screen comes up.
    5. Click settings. Then user agent. Select Desktop. This will allow you to get the REAL versions of websites. Not the mobile ones.
    6. Ensure Dolphin Jetpack switch is green and "turned on".
    7. (optional) Switch on "Set as Default Browser" I'm sure after you've tried it, it WILL become your default :)
    8 Click "web content". Ensure "Load images" and Flash player are set to "always on"

That's it! Enjoy true flash browser content!

Configuring Viper4Android

1. Open Viper4Android FX in your app drawer.
    2. It will ask you to install one of 3 types of drivers: Super, Normal, or Powersaving. Chose one. The higher the quality the more battery it uses.
    3. Reboot your phone.
    4. From your home screen hit menu > settings > My Device > Sounds > Music effects.
    5. Ensure that VIPER4Android FX is checked.
    6. Open Viper4Android in your app drawer again. Select your settings for Headset, Phone Speaker, and Bluetooth to your tastes.
    7. (optional) From within Viper4Android FX select menu > ui setting for more advanced options including sound volume gain tweaks.

Enjoy Great sound!

Updating the native ad-blocking host file

1. Open AdAway app.
    2. Select the menu button then preferences...
    3. From the menu select "Target hosts file" then "Custom target"
    4. From the menu select "Custom target" , type in /system/etc/CrossBreeder/dnrd_root/master then press OK.
    5. Select "NO" to Symlink missing!!!
    6. Close app, you're done!

If you later wish to update manually, repeat steps 1, 5 and 6. Automatic updates appear not to work when the Symlink is missing.

(Please totally disregard the "Disabled" and "Simlink Missing" banners . We are using AdAway only to update our master file. We are not using AdAway to block ads, hence the message.)

Installing Xposed framework and Wanam Xposed

1. Open Xposed Installer in the app drawer.
    2. Select Framework.
    3. Select Modules.
    4. Check the Wanam Xposed Module
    5. Select Install/Update (check that the current version is at least 47)
    6. Reboot your phone.
    7. Open Wanam Xposed and customize the ROM as you wish.

Installing KTweaker pre-made settings

1. Open KTweaker and select Backup Prefs to sdcard
    2. Keep the default name of Settings if you wish or Simply name it Default.
    3. Close KTweaker.
    4. Unzip the profile(s) of your choice to /sdcard/KTweaker: Turbo.zip | Low Gear.zip | Low Gear v2.zip (use this if your phone won't wake up after screen off).
    5. Open KTweaker and restore the settings.
    6. Click apply

Installing the transparent notification drawer settings in Wanam Xposed

1. Unzip and copy this file transparent notification drawer.zip to the /sdcard/.WanamXposed folder. (note the period before the foldername)
    2. Open Wanam Xposed.
    3. Open menu.
    4. Select restore a backup
    5. Select transparent notification drawer.
    6. Reboot to apply changes.
    Woohoo! Recognized Contributer status has been obtained! :) :victory:
    Man thank you for the ROM ..I personally have to agree with you leaving it as much as stock as possible ..kind of a slippery slope ..take to much take to little lol ..anyways tbu takes less then 10mins to remove all you want ..I also found this thread ..haven't tried it personally but looks like it removes all bloat (Samsung included ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507931

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Exactly! What I find acceptable in a ROM may not be what you or anyone else likes. So my real goal here is OPTIONS. Not just another themed out ROM.

What I have planned is some battery tweaks and performance tweaks, unlocking custom boot animations and more. Things that I think EVERYONE can agree on.