[ROM][4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod Beta Nightly Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Noob started it. Everything was fine until he started throwing a fit because many people are enjoying this ROM.

I said, knock it off please. Regardless of who started what.

Now, where I come from (don't ask please) that usually means cease and desist.

Matter is settled, move on to the ROM.

Cheers Folks

MD

FLBoy1991

Jun 8, 2012
west palm beach
To everyone who has these nightlies working, did you guys flash from stock or a custom stock rom? Just want to see if that maybe causing a problem to some of us when we flash and boot. Same goes to the everyone who gets a reboot as soon as you touch the screen gets a reboot. I'm no genius I'm just curious to see if it may be the cause.

I've had this same thought... because when the first Draft came out I was on stock rooted... now that I'm flashing from a custom... I'm having the (touch & reboot) issues... so I'm going to go all the way back stock and try it out... be back with results

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ThisAwesomeGuy

ThisAwesomeGuy

Feb 5, 2013
Centreville
I've had this same thought... because when the first Draft came out I was on stock rooted... now that I'm flashing from a custom... I'm having the (touch & reboot) issues... so I'm going to go all the way back stock and try it out... be back with results

I've lost my stock backup, so I'm downloading the stock tar ( may take awhile my internet sucks). Let us know how it goes :highfive:

Reactions: FLBoy1991

averymlewis

Jun 27, 2012
South East U.S.A
I've lost my stock backup, so I'm downloading the stock tar ( may take awhile my internet sucks). Let us know how it goes :highfive:

Hope that works for both of you ;)

danweb66

Oct 15, 2008
Dearborn, MI
Only major problem for me is proximity sensor in phone calls is totally shot. If there is a known fix for thus could someone give me a heads up

danweb66

Oct 15, 2008
Dearborn, MI
Yeah I have the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

this is a common problem with new devices getting ported to cyanogenmod. this is probably one of the reason there hasnt been any official roms yet. I will look into past fix methods and see how to incorporate them. I believe it was fixed before for a lot of devices through an xposed module. I will look more into this route see what I can come up with. until an official commit with fix is posted. which after the fight I dont plan on seeing many changes from the cm team for this until some sort of official unofficial rom is actually released by cm team.

Reactions: dcaplinger76

averymlewis

Jun 27, 2012
South East U.S.A
this is a common problem with new devices getting ported to cyanogenmod. this is probably one of the reason there hasnt been any official roms yet. I will look into past fix methods and see how to incorporate them. I believe it was fixed before for a lot of devices through an xposed module. I will look more into this route see what I can come up with. until an official commit with fix is posted. which after the fight I dont plan on seeing many changes from the cm team for this until some sort of official unofficial rom is actually released by cm team.

I'm looking into a temporary fix now, also I did just notice that the volume still appears to be a little low on the earpiece for some strange reason.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Only major problem for me is proximity sensor in phone calls is totally shot. If there is a known fix for thus could someone give me a heads up

Quick update- For those of you having a problem with the proximity sensor during calls heres a Quick fix just download this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duckbonecallguard&hl=en and it will allow you lock the screen when on a phone call. Until the official fix is out. ;)

Last edited:

edgar360

Feb 4, 2007
Oxnard, CA

Any luck? Won't have a chance to try it out myself until later tonight.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

voredroid

Sep 2, 2010
Tempe, Az
ok not to kick a dead horse but the actual phone app is jacked up.. sound is low.. speaker they cant hear you.. will not let you hang up.. and if your in another app when someone calls it will not let you get to the call it just rings.. and have to pull the battery to get out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial CM11 port for Sprint Galaxy Note 3

Hi all,
    I am here to post my build of CM11 for the Sprint Note 3!!!
    I have been hard at work the last few days getting to work on this beast of a ROM. I will be updating this thread every day just like a nightly. I am here to possibly give hope that we can conquer any issues along the way. The CM team is awesome to be helping us with our phones so the best we can do is help as well. I will be posting a changelog for each and every build to show what the CM team and I have done to bring this masterpiece called kitkat into fruition

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

What is NOT working :
    Audio abysmally low (fixed)
    Phone can not hang up call
    Phone receives well but has issues dialing (use speaker phone)
    WiFi disconnects inconsistently??? (need confirmed)

Occasional Camera Force Close?? (need confirmed)
    Bluetooth calling (needs confirmed)
    Audio over speakerphone
    Audio over Google hangouts and possibly more (needs confrimed)
    find me more bugs ;)

DOWNLOADS

Links removed for failure to comply with GPL

What's new:
    Webview graphic glitches FIXED
    Much more stable
    Mounting sd card and internal fixed.
    Apk's installation from sdcard is working now.
    A lot from CM11.

12/31:
    Fixed model number in build.prop (no longer a Note 2 lol)
    upstream fixes to fix filesystem mounting
    stock overclock to 2.5ghz at stock voltages (won't blow up your house)
    memory optimizations causing faster app start and smoother scrolling in some apps
    kernel edits to remove some bloat processes causing better battery and smoother runtime
    enjoy :)

1/02:
    Should alleviate some if not most of the battery issues
    adjusted some small settings to ensure stability
    started input of bt calling fix
    camera fix for those with issues?? need confirmed
    may have fixed hangouts audio??
    tomorrow will be a much bigger update :)

1/03:
    ViperFX preinstalled to boost audio performance (you can remove dsp manager)
    Commits from cyanogen team (using better camera libs, fixes for bt calling, custom audio platform)
    Please excuse this not being as big of a release as I'd hoped (HDD crashed my compile multiple times and very busy day)
    I've been up til now (2am) trying to get this built as I promised nightlies but my hdd isn't cooperating and I'm dead tired

GAPPS 4.4 LINKS:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

New Flash
    - FULL AND COMPLETE WIPE IS A MUST
    - Boot into recovery of choice
    - Make a backup just in case!
    - Wipe Cache
    - Wipe Dalvik
    - Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    - Wipe /System (or, in CWM, "format /system" under Mounts and Storage menu)
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash gapps
    - Reboot, and wait a bit for the loooonnng boot sequence
    - Let Google sync its apps before you go ROM crazy

Update Flash
    - Boot into recovery
    - MAKE A BACKUP JUST IN CASE
    - Flash ROM
    - Wipe cache/dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Let Google sync its apps before you go ROM crazy

Contributors towards a new SSD
    These people have generously helped me work towards faster builds and more stable compiling​
    nsciucco
    Lurking_Grue​

Credits :
    - Cyanogen Mod Team
    - noobnl
    - hashcode
    - slayher

If you appreciate my work on the Note 3 you can support me by donating towards a SSD for me to build you roms with!!!​
    This looks great. Nice work... I may build an AOSP rom as well... maybe PacMan... :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using JellyBombed Tapatalk.
    I was going to but gps test doesn't show any locks.... However Maps pinpoints me almost exactly where I was in Walmart... So it's working on mine

I just got similar results. I am logcatting to figure if it is a gps init problem or if it goes deeper than that

Searched the thread and read the OP. I am still unsure if NFC is wonked out? Can anyone confirm?

I have not been able to test as I have no NFC devices. Should work though

Also, Am building right now a ROM right now that should help fix a lot of battery issues internally. Also a few other edits for battery/speed as well as potential camera fix for those with issues.... I will have the changelog in the OP as soon as its done with a link to the build. Haven't had too much time to work on it today as it is New Years but I am still here for you all :)
    Flashed and ran this earlier today. Nice work op and cmteam. Seems pretty rock solid in a short period of time. Kudos.

Cm is just a little too vanilla for me... so back on my rom for now. Might have to throw together a pac build to get some mods working... ;)

Again Great Work!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using JellyBombed Tapatalk.
    Don't donate to this guy. all he is doing is compiling from source then, we did everything. not him.

Dude I am not taking credit for your work at all man!! I am giving credit where it is due and I am not just compiling from source lol! I am making my own adjustments to the kernel/cleaning up things and optimizing memory output. I'm am also working on many ways to conserve battery and am just here to try to keep the people updated and happy. Also, I put a donation link up but it is up to the communty to decide, I am not charging for anything. You act like I am not doing anything but having a buildbot compile every night. I greatly appreciate your work as well as cyanogen, hashcode, slayher, and the others. Is it wrong of me to want to bring that to the community and not refuse when people suggest they'd like to donate? CyanogenMod is an open source ROM and thats what I and everyone loves about it and if I had found a donation link for you I would have gladly given you money for all your hard work! No one else has taken their time to make sure everybody gets this beauty of a ROM with updates every night so I stepped up and made it happen. If that is wrong of me then I am sorry but I feel as if I am contributing to this phone and would like to continue to do so.

Also this message you have posted should also be added to every other KANG of cyanogenmod. Almost every single device and every single AOSP rom is based on the majority of CM code. Also, those developers and maintainers always wait until your team irons out the bugs with devices before even thinking of supporting them. Again, I appreciate you and all the aforementioned names work and believe you all should earn the medal of android valor for working on this AOSP tempermental device so hard. Whether you think I'm some ass or whatever you do won't change the fact I appreciate all your effort.