[GUIDE] Sprint sim unlock & Flash

Search This thread

imagecolour

Jun 6, 2010
Mysore

shanusmarty

Sep 4, 2008
Thank you , but i downgraded the Hboot 1.55 to Hboot 1.4, and lowered software version to 1.29.651 through ruu. I ran the unlocker app, got the phone working for GSM perfectly :eek:. Now i am going to upgrade to software version 3.05.651.5 . I hope the SIM will be unlocked even after upgrade.

No worries, go ahead

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

keyro

Oct 14, 2010
Unlocking is permanent , It does not change even if you upgrade your boot-loader or if you update your program.

so i do the whole process and then after i sim unlocked it i can go and install a sense 4.4 rom on it and it will be sim unlock right? just wanna make sure i can do that without losing the sim unlock

tantan1892

Nov 12, 2010
I can connect to at&t but can't have internet

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1388331511143.jpg
    1388331511143.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: bankanidhi
I connected successfully to T Mobile by manually searching for network but when i put an ATT SIM card the search network options are disabled. I have tried two ATT sim card thinking there could be some problem in in one.

Anybody know why it would work on T-mobile but not on ATT.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I can connect to at&t but can't have internet

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi
Can you please let me know how you connected to ATT and hwta ROM and baseband you are using. I could connect to T mobile but not ATT. Strange. The network search options are just disabled when i put an ATT sim card.

thanks

tantan1892

Nov 12, 2010
Change your APN in settings mobile data

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I already do it, I tried like 5 different APN's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I connected successfully to T Mobile by manually searching for network but when i put an ATT SIM card the search network options are disabled. I have tried two ATT sim card thinking there could be some problem in in one.

Anybody know why it would work on T-mobile but not on ATT.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Hi
Can you please let me know how you connected to ATT and hwta ROM and baseband you are using. I could connect to T mobile but not ATT. Strange. The network search options are just disabled when i put an ATT sim card.

thanks

I set network type to WCDMA preferred, and everything is on STOCK. Software v1.29.651.10, Android 4.1.2, HTC Sense v5.0, Baseband v1.00.20.0315, Network Mode GSM/UMTS Only.

Reactions: bankanidhi

Oci112

Aug 10, 2010
Go to setting - mobile data - network mode and select gsm umts only.

I have unlocked, rooted, flash rom with sense, unlocked sim, but no signal. Do i have to revert to 1.29.651 because I have 3.xxxxx. Or is 1.29.651 just to unlock sim. I have the option to switch to GSM but my T-Mobile reception does not work. When I search for Networks nothing comes up, APN is under T-Mobile which shows locked (shaded) and I created one with the standard settings. Can you please help me out.

I already do it, I tried like 5 different APN's.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I set network type to WCDMA preferred, and everything is on STOCK. Software v1.29.651.10, Android 4.1.2, HTC Sense v5.0, Baseband v1.00.20.0315, Network Mode GSM/UMTS Only.

Hi. I I tried the same thing. No luck. Can the hboot or the prl can party role. Can you please tell me you're prl version and hboot. I am on hboot 1.55 and latest prl.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Mondragoonest

Dec 31, 2013
So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get any signal on my Sprint HTC One.. I've unlocked bootloader, rooted, got s-off, and unlocked (at least, I believe I have. It use to say invalid sim and after I got the program to work, it doesn't say that anymore.) I can get signal while on Sprint, but since I bought my phone second-hand, I don't have a contract with them. I bought a Net10 sim kit and a 30-day card, threw in the AT&T micro-sim that came with it, which it recognizes, but still can't make calls while on GSM settings. I've flashed my radio to 1.00.20.0315 to see if that would help, but it hasn't. My software version is 3.04.651.2, Android version 4.3, HTC Sense version 5.0, HTC SDK API level is 5.45. When I go to Mobile Data and go to available GSM networks, both search networks and select automatically are greyed out and can't be selected at all. I don't know what else to do. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or what I should try next?

EDIT: Just called Sprint, apparently my phone is still on an active account. It's not reported stolen or anything, but it has a badESN for probably late payments or contract abandonment. Looks like I just got screwed out of $160 for the phone and $50 for the Net10 plan. =\

Last edited:

CuhThooLoo

Feb 2, 2012
Dropping signal after Unlock

I've managed to get my HTC One unlocked, and running off of the aio Wireless/ATT Network. However, once my phone goes to sleep it will disconnect from the network and I have to search and reconnect. Any fix for this?

hasrat

Nov 28, 2013
Help Me

what help u need? let's start with with ur firmware and root status..

Sadik, Attach is what it shows for me, I am on bennys 4.3 software version, Android Version-4.3, baseband- 1.00.20.0913_3, prl_version- 55016. Can you please send me step by step procedure to unlock it, I want to use on T-mobile USA.

For you info- I have tried several times viperboysoftware, It says suuccesful unlock, but I don't get signals.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 239

Udonitron

Apr 15, 2010
Victoria
I just got a used Sprint HTC One today and trying to get it to read my Rogers sim but no dice.
I am rooted, S Off, and bootloader unlocked but the terminal code won't work for me, I just get a "does not exist" error.
Perhaps due to being on 4.3?

I would like to keep the stock HTC to try out but if I put the GPE ROM on it would that just SIM unlock it or?

shanusmarty

Sep 4, 2008
I just got a used Sprint HTC One today and trying to get it to read my Rogers sim but no dice.
I am rooted, S Off, and bootloader unlocked but the terminal code won't work for me, I just get a "does not exist" error.
Perhaps due to being on 4.3?

I would like to keep the stock HTC to try out but if I put the GPE ROM on it would that just SIM unlock it or?

Follow this thread..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2491840

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Udonitron

hasrat

Nov 28, 2013
Please Help

Sadik, Attach is what it shows for me, I am on bennys 4.3 software version, Android Version-4.3, baseband- 1.00.20.0913_3, prl_version- 55016. Can you please send me step by step procedure to unlock it, I want to use on T-mobile USA.

For you info- I have tried several times viperboysoftware, It says suuccesful unlock, but I don't get signals.

Can someone Please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so the on in Q&A is getting full of nothing so time to start one with the guide

I don't take any credit just posting,,,All credit goes to hotaru2k3 (http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4572661) and Rimidal (http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1468774) for writing step by step and video

first off you need to be on stock sprint rom or base for this to work. also it will work on bad esn phones

1. You should be rooted
    2. Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm
    3. Run Terminal Emulator
    4. Type "su" (excluding quotation marks) and grant it superuser permission
    5. Type "am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity" (excluding quotation marks)
    6. You will get menu on your HTC
    7. In that menu, select "API", then scroll down 'till almost end and select "simlock"
    8. Reboot the phone and hopefully it would accept GSM SIM
    9. Enter *#*#4636#*#* in your dialer
    10.In the phone information section(the first one) set preferred network type to something that is GSM specific: "WCDMA Preferred", for example. The phone will switch to GSM mode

here's a video also if you get stuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE4jjwWKwBg

ok so Recognized Developer -viperboy-(http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=518868) made a app to help make it easier if some people

like before all credit goes to him, he just asked me to post in op

here's is the google play link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.simunlockhelperfree

here's a link to his thread, if you have any questions it's best to post there about the app

here's a link for ppl that want to flash there phone,here's a guide on how to flash sprint htc one http://www.cricketusers.com/cdma-htc-one/85426-how-flash-sprint-htc-one.html how to get spc code and how to connect to qpst
    Hey guys, I wrote an app that will help you guys with this process. It's very simple, it has the instructions in the app and keeps you from having to use terminal emulator. It will check for root access and make sure you have the right device as well :) let me know how it works for you! OP, feel free to add this to the first post.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45243199

The link above is where you should post for issues/suggestions for the app ONLY, not to talk about SIM unlocking in general, as there are already two threads for that.
    First and thanks for sharing :D
    Added to my FAQ Guide Q24
    Yea, I tried all of the GSM and WCDMA ones, I tried changing the APNs, tried flashing a bunch of different roms, I actually ended up screwing my phone up (I couldnt get any bars with sprint, 4g worked, not even an RUU fixed it, but I found a way to fix it)

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

What i did to get the at&t sim to work on my HTC is go to settings take out your sim, turn off mobile data, then put your sim in. After that quickly open up The mobile network settings go down to available gsm networks and do that search networks option and choose at&t. you have to do it before your phone can fully read the at&t sim card because once it reads it, it wont let you select, search networks. I had that same problem where T-mobile would work but at&t wouldn't so i got desperate and tried that and it works fine. I get 4g lte speeds and all of that. Though whenever I am in a building and lose my service I usually have to do that process all over again.
    I downgraded to 1.00.20.0626 on viper rom and still have the no service issue emergency calls only. Please help I am using a brand new sim from MetroPCS/T-mobile

It has to be on the one that ends in .315 or something like that, the first one

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Can anyone confirmthat his unlocked HTC One works with AT&T when not using the latest radio?

If I put a tmobile SIM card, I'm not able to search for a network, it's grayed out

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app