[port] [rom] aokp carbon cm'11/ 4.4.2

Search This thread

keifus.rahn

Jun 30, 2013
Midland Tx
This is what ive put together for yall hope you like it ive uused the legacy carbon rom as base with nexus s parts,
my heart isnt really letting me get more done im just getting more sick. if i find working gapps i will post as soon as i find them
but here it is hope yall injoy. and i hope yall injoy my bootanimation also :)

ervery thing seems to be working
just the same blacked out items are still there but other than that just need gapps

wipe data factory reset
wipe cachy
enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/download/coou2gg52v9nxf0/carbon-aokp-cm114.4.2.zip

Last edited:

keifus.rahn

Jun 30, 2013
Midland Tx
So the browser is still an issue and gmail is blacked out correct??

Sent from the corner of ""LONG & GONE""; )

yes ive been working on the issue. i have another rom with it working but other issues are still current on it. ive just been having way to many heath problems to keep up any more once i get used to my new meds and my heart calms down to were i can concentrate i will get back on it but for now i just need rest and who ever whats to toy around with it feel free ill try to have a update soon with it 100% with gapps included

Last edited:

jwhood

Mar 4, 2011
baltimore,md
Take your time bro,i had a heartattack 3 yrs ago while i was on the hwy with my 2 yr old in the back seat,so i know that aint nothing too mess with,and i was only 32 yrs old,hope you get better soon and thanks for putting ur work out for the community!!!: )

Reactions: keifus.rahn

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
ill try to have a update soon with it 100% with gapps included

I think that any KK gapps should work, so perhaps it is sufficient to add a link to gapps in OP?

I tried quite a few gapps packages on different devices, and these are the ones I like best http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2547250, as it allows to choose which gapps to install and/or remove. I usually prefer a minimal installation and then add gapps that are available from Google Play store (e.g. gmail, calendar, maps etc).

Sure, it is possible to manually delete from /system/app but it is nice to begin with a minimal clean installation, and avoid having stuff that doesn't work on our device anyway, such as photosphere, for example.

I think PA have several sets of Gapps to cater to different flavors as well: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Last edited:

unqualified

Nov 14, 2013
Denver
I think that any KK gapps should work, so perhaps it is sufficient to add a link to gapps in OP?

I tried quite a few gapps packages on different devices, and these are the ones I like best http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2547250, as it allows to choose which gapps to install and/or remove. I usually prefer a minimal installation and then add gapps that are available from Google Play store (e.g. gmail, calendar, maps etc).

Sure, it is possible to manually delete from /system/app but it is nice to begin with a minimal clean installation, and avoid having stuff that doesn't work on our device anyway, such as photosphere, for example.

I think PA have several sets of Gapps to cater to different flavors as well: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

I tried briefly last night, it booted, I tried with PA gapps (full) and had the google keyboard malfunction, so I didn't get far. I read that is an issue in other CM11 roms, and that the PA MODULAR gapps is the one to use due to the google keyboard conflict. I'll try it again on the next install. If anyone is flashing this, in the meantime, give that one a shot, it's in the link above.

The screen density (if that's the right term) is really tiny. Changing to 'large' font sizes under settings helped, along with changing lcd density to 200 in build.prop.

Thanks! And stay healthy Keifus.Rahn, hopefully building roms is theraputic and not stressful for you, otherwise, take KitKat's advice and 'have a break' for a while!

Last edited:

keifus.rahn

Jun 30, 2013
Midland Tx
Thanks guys for the get well I had a rom up and working perfect last night but with my luck i received a email from a guy needing help with a whatsup app of a nokia well it ended up being a bad virus that was in every file folder I had so i had to remove everything to family photos and now starting from scratch im not going to post anything that may be a threat to the community so after i get threw re installing everything im going to get back after it and hopefully have something up by tomorrow eve. Ive already gave heads up to mike about the issue And a Heads up to you guys if you receive a email regarding help with any kind file bak,apk anything do not open and have them contact you threw your xda mailbox so if it is any kind of malicious files Ect XDA will be able to take care of the issue.

Reactions: donj001 and jaibar

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
I known about the bank. I am asking for a specific gapps that work with this particular ROM.

Sent from my myTouch 4G using Tapatalk

The OP did not compile or specify a set of gapps that work. It sounds like you need to read more of this thread. There is enough info that you should not need to have made this post.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: GronHog

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
The OP did not compile or specify a set of gapps that work. It sounds like you need to read more of this thread. There is enough info that you should not need to have made this post.

Thank you for your productive comment on this. I am asking this question is not just for my benefit, but also for other members benefit as well. I, as one, can not test all the Gapps posted on this forum to see which Gapps works and which doesn't work. The more people test flashing Gapps the better and we can narrow it down to a specify one. I have read enough in this forum and have flashed countless devices, so don't tell me that I need and neednot to read. Off the record, I have flashed and a beta tester for more than 30+ devices.

Conversation ends.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: ibuddler

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
Thank you for your productive comment on this. I am asking this question is not just for my benefit, but also for other members benefit as well. I, as one, can not test all the Gapps posted on this forum to see which Gapps works and which doesn't work. The more people test flashing Gapps the better and we can narrow it down to a specify one. I have read enough in this forum and have flashed countless devices, so don't tell me that I need and neednot to read. Off the record, I have flashed and a beta tester for more than 30+ devices.

Conversation ends.

Your last two posts show otherwise.

Reactions: GronHog

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com

Conversation ends.

Just flash any gapps- as long as they are for KK. Why do you think there has to be a specific particular set of gapps that works for our device?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Dj MiGz

May 31, 2013
Cause they usually are? I agree with him. Not everyone have the patience to try every gapps to see which works best

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ibuddler and 10507

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what ive put together for yall hope you like it ive uused the legacy carbon rom as base with nexus s parts,
    my heart isnt really letting me get more done im just getting more sick. if i find working gapps i will post as soon as i find them
    but here it is hope yall injoy. and i hope yall injoy my bootanimation also :)

ervery thing seems to be working
    just the same blacked out items are still there but other than that just need gapps

wipe data factory reset
    wipe cachy
    enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/download/coou2gg52v9nxf0/carbon-aokp-cm114.4.2.zip
    Reserved for op
    Hows Wifi on this? Does it work?

yep its working the only issue is the gapps but ill be working on the issue today and possably comming out with some new ones also ;)
    Im still working on it ive almost got the gapps prob fixed. And im working on some themeing and other thing on it to i should have somthing up this wknd
    So the browser is still an issue and gmail is blacked out correct??

yes ive been working on the issue. i have another rom with it working but other issues are still current on it. ive just been having way to many heath problems to keep up any more once i get used to my new meds and my heart calms down to were i can concentrate i will get back on it but for now i just need rest and who ever whats to toy around with it feel free ill try to have a update soon with it 100% with gapps included