News about Jelly Bean 4.3 and KitKat 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Saelex

Sep 24, 2012
The leaked version is for a very specific device, for a very specific region. Using it in another region with other carriers than those originally intended for can have all sorts of consequences.

I'll wait a little bit longer, maybe the official version will come out.

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
4.3 is really ram hungry and it also doesnt have that good battery life
Only 4.4 is awesum in these things and gingerbread ;)

Sent from my C5306 using xda app-developers app

comscier

And still waiting! :|
If nothing happens today i'm going to unlock BL and flash the leaked version..
Let's see.. Fingers crossed
Cheers

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Well, at least you have that option...
For those of us with "Bootloader unlock allowed: no"...
The leak version is as good as another "that won't work on our locked down device too" news..

Aleeksandar85

Sep 10, 2011
I contacted Sony through chat, and they told me that the 4.3 is on the servers in the UK, and that every moment should arrive, it's kind of agent was weird, so I do not know is this true ... sry my bad english...

i contact again UK support and new agent told me:

Brett: I can confirm that the update has not yet been released. All updates and firmware updates for your Sony Xperia SP are a gradual roll out. Not every handset will get the update at the same time, and there is no exact date or time each handset will get the update. I would suggest waiting till you get a notification on your handset as to when it will be available to download.
Me: I asked your colleague before 10 minutes and told me that 4.3 is on the servers, and wait any minutes to arrive in the UK
Brett: We have no confirmation.

Last edited:
Reactions: antoyn and Mey$aM

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
We need to wait. Even if the update has been released today not all of us will get the update at the same time.
Even if the update gets released today.. Have a bit more patience and enjoy your phone as it is :)

Aadi

May 27, 2012
infinityhacks.wordpress.com
I contacted Sony through chat, and they told me that the 4.3 is on the servers in the UK, and that every moment should arrive, it's kind of agent was weird, so I do not know is this true ... sry my bad english...

i contact again UK support and new agent told me:

Brett: I can confirm that the update has not yet been released. All updates and firmware updates for your Sony Xperia SP are a gradual roll out. Not every handset will get the update at the same time, and there is no exact date or time each handset will get the update. I would suggest waiting till you get a notification on your handset as to when it will be available to download.
Me: I asked your colleague before 10 minutes and told me that 4.3 is on the servers, and wait any minutes to arrive in the UK
Brett: We have no confirmation.

Brett told me the samething please don't spread rumours..

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012

claudio917

May 19, 2013
Padova
Wow... I really tried to keep calm as i was waiting for this update since december, I hate to react like a kid but now Sony is messin up too much... I don't know what's going on, the cancellation of the XT build from ptcrb doesn't seem like good news but I hope that Sony can deliver it for both phones asap...
This thing is getting quite ridicolous for them, and I hope that the solution won't be another tweet saying "The update is coming SOON, you will receive a notification on your phone". It would be nice at least if the could tell the exact day when the rollout will begin. That's what I think.

EDIT: Hey patrol619 I saw later your post :D Looks like T users are gettin it!! So I keep up the hype ;)

Last edited:

Aadi

May 27, 2012

ma_ko

Aug 16, 2013
^ Please read the previous posts to avoid creating mess ;)

I hope they will release it today or at least tommorow, but if not it's not like the end of the world. I'm pretty happy with 4.1.2, but I'd be nice to see some freshness :p I don't blame Sony cause I'm guessing it takes some time to prepare new, bug-free android version for our phones. They said they'll release it in December but those things happen, it's not like they are doing it intentionally.

Last edited:

tomzzi

Apr 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I have enough of this.
Sony is not serious company. They have promised update for December 2013. I understand that maybe they have found bugs and they need to "polish" firmware before releasing it. But they are quiet now about release date...
And 50% of support claims that firmware is prepared for release and other 50% dont have a clue when it will be released...
They are not serious!

If we will not receive update this week or at least some information about release date then i will sell phone and never ever buy Sony product again.
This is too much!

Reactions: claudio917

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Well; after a small conversation with Sony Chatsupport I have two thing:
1: They are either very dumb
2: They don't read the Sony Blogs and Social Media

Why:
Well when I asked when we van expect the update to Android 4.3 I got the same, standard answer: The update has been rolling out since december 2013 and it's rolling out in stages so not all handsets will recieve the update at the same time blablabla...

So I came with the remark: Well that's weird, according to your blogs and twitter account the update has been delayed and we as SP users still got no answer.

Well no answer for that: Sorry I don't have the intel on that blablabla.

So basicly we won't get any futher with Sony Chat support. I honestly think they are bots..

Aadi

May 27, 2012
a4y7yzu2.jpg
tupu6ega.jpg

Here's is what I was able to extract from US and UK chat supports. They say the rollout already began today. :rolleyes::confused:. Tell your suggestions also.

Attachments

• UK.JPG
    UK.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 619
  • US.jpg
    US.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Well; after a small conversation with Sony Chatsupport I have two thing:
1: They are either very dumb
2: They don't read the Sony Blogs and Social Media

Why:
Well when I asked when we van expect the update to Android 4.3 I got the same, standard answer: The update has been rolling out since december 2013 and it's rolling out in stages so not all handsets will recieve the update at the same time blablabla...

So I came with the remark: Well that's weird, according to your blogs and twitter account the update has been delayed and we as SP users still got no answer.

Well no answer for that: Sorry I don't have the intel on that blablabla.

So basicly we won't get any futher with Sony Chat support. I honestly think they are bots..

They are not bots I often see them make typos Lol

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts