Brilliant sound mod app

Search This thread

tycoo

Sep 5, 2013
XBerg36
ViPER4Android

In my opinion the best sound mod/app so far too!

Actually reviewed by xda:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/android-app-review-get-the-sound-you-deserve-with-viper4android-xda-developer-tv/

Works great together with Apollo on LiquidSmooth R3 and HurtskyKernelREV5. No compatible mode needed, if no other mod is installed.

I like to share my phone speaker settings with you, which imo increase the sound quality of our speaker significantly.

XHiFi Settings

- Playback Gain Control (AGC) enabled / default preset
- FIREqualizer enabled / Settings:

picture.php

- Audio Reconstruct: Hi Clarity 30, Lo Contour 30

FX Settings

- Convolver enabled / Impulse Response: FREE Creative THX TruStudio Pro Hph-Speaker50
- Master Gate (Limiter) -> Output Gain 0.8

To increase overall loudness you can raise output gain and/or enable extra loud as well but beware of distortion or speaker damage.

I figured out some great headset settings too, but good settings for you depends on the headphone you are using of course.

Give it a try & have fun. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: keithross39

saleelsalam

Feb 3, 2012
Will this work with dsp manager in cm 10?or should I disable it first?if yes how to disable it

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

iDelta

Jul 28, 2012
Singapore
Will this work with dsp manager in cm 10?or should I disable it first?if yes how to disable it

Go to system/app/DSPManager and delete it. Then go to lib and search for cyanogenmod.dsp. You'll find a lib like that and delete it.
Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

tycoo

Sep 5, 2013
XBerg36

Deinstalling is not necessary, i guess it works together. But i recommend to freeze dsp manager (like i did) for example with Link2SD to save some RAM. If you are not happy with the mod you can deinstall V4A and reactivate dsp again.

:good:

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
I believe it will (I think there's a version for GB) but you have to be rooted.....and have SU or superuser installed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Here is their official download page....
http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=48
Make sure you get the right version......and also make sure that any other sound mod apps you have on your phone (DSP manager) are (at the very least) frozen.......
Are you rooted with superuser permission?

Edit......of course you are if you're running a CM ROM.......:)

sent from either my Alliance powered S2 or my ArcoCM powered W via XDA Developers App

Last edited:
Reactions: xSmart007x

melphoi

Jul 31, 2012
Batam
i use this mod when I was in GB.. its awesome..
but now gonna try it with CM9 EOL.. yeah.. i guess its the bess mod sound for android..

tycoo

Sep 5, 2013
XBerg36
Hi @Trojan.Flame.A

and other Galaxy Wonder Viper4Android fans.

Good News, Viper4Android looks like fully usable on Arcos last CM 11.0 20140109 too.

Beside the common setup process the one important step is to fix permissions before trying to install the Viper4Android driver.

So procedure i used is following:

- copy Viper4Android FX 2.3.1.5 and Viper Xhifi 2.1.0.2-1 to /system/app
- set permissions for both apk to rw-r-r
- reboot

- Fix Permissions with Performance Control 2.1.9b
Otherwise V4A doesn't recognize SU and/or Busybox installed. I dont know why??

- after that start Viper4Android and install the driver as prompted (CortexAx for XHifi)
- reboot and the installation is finished

Only one small limitation i can see is, raising the output gain on V4A FX leads to crackling in the sound. But you can do this as well with V4A XHifi if you need more loudness.

Cheers

Trojan.Flame.A

Apr 23, 2013
Jakarta
Hi @Trojan.Flame.A

Good News, Viper4Android looks like fully usable on Arcos last CM 11.0 20140109 too.

Beside the common setup process the one important step is to fix permissions before trying to install the Viper4Android driver.

- reboot

- after that start Viper4Android and install the driver as prompted (CortexAx for XHifi)

Only one small limitation i can see is, raising the output gain on V4A FX leads to crackling in the sound. But you can do this as well with V4A XHifi if you need more loudness.

Cheers
Thank you sir @tycoo , i'll try it next time, but right now i already solved it by using SuperSU, and then install the V4A apps.

Reactions: tycoo

tycoo

Sep 5, 2013
XBerg36
It's necessary to install both apps? What's de difference?

For the differences plz refer to the developers thread on xda: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

No, it is not necessary to install both. I think most users are using FX only, since Xhifi is not further developed anymore.

But it depends on your needs and best way is compare it on your own. I use Xhifi too, because i like the clarity option there to enhance the phone speakers sound and to increase the overall loudness.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this is probably in the wrong section, but I figured if I put it in general, more people would see it and benefit from it.
    It's an app that I was linked to when I asked a question on the S2 forum.......
    Imagine ANY graphic equaliser/sound enhancement app you've ever tried but 2 or 3 times better, and you have Viper4android FX.
    THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    Here's the link........
    http://vipersaudio.com/swupdate/viper4android/download.html
    One of the top two links is applicable, depending on whether you are running GB (top link) or ICS/JB (second link).
    The bottom link is for phones running JB 4.3/CM10.2
    On first run, it'll ask for superuser permission.....allow this. Then you'll see a screen like this.......
    uploadfromtaptalk1377131968475.jpg
    select the bottom option to allow the app to download and install the required assets.........
    Then reboot, start tweaking the settings and enjoy........:):thumbup::):thumbup:

Edit @arsradu you were right.....
    Just read the original thread here...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
    and it states for single core devices running at greater than 800mhz use cortex a8 neon.......
    I stand corrected:):)

Don't forget that thanks button.....:):):thumbup:

sent from either my S2 or my W via XDA developers app
    I know this is probably in the wrong section, but I figured if I put it in general, more people would see it and benefit from it.
    It's an app that I was linked to when I asked a question on the S2 forum.......
    Imagine ANY graphic equaliser/sound enhancement app you've ever tried but 2 or 3 times better, and you have Viper4android FX.
    THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    Here's the link........
    http://vipersaudio.com/swupdate/viper4android/download.html
    One of the top two links is applicable, depending on whether you are running GB (top link) or ICS/JB (second link).
    The bottom link is for phones running JB 4.3/CM10.2
    On first run, it'll ask for superuser permission.....allow this. Then you'll see a screen like this.......
    View attachment 2204949
    select the bottom option to allow the app to download and install the required assets.........
    Then reboot, start tweaking the settings and enjoy........:):thumbup::):thumbup:

Don't forget that thanks button.....:):):thumbup:

sent from either my S2 or my W via XDA developers app

Sounds good. I don't know how the actual app sounds like but we'll see.

You most likely got the instructions from S2 forum cause the bottom option is not for Galaxy Wonder. Is for S2 (Cortex A9, dual-core CPU).

For Ancora, I think Cortex A8 option would be the right one.
    Hi @Trojan.Flame.A

- reboot

Cheers
    Viper4Android FX v2.3.2.2 released.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

It is working flawlessly again, tested on last CM11 20140122. :good:

No more sound cuts or crackling, no need to fix permissions like i did before.

Official Changelog:
    1.Code & UI Updates + addon.d script implementation[4.x]. (Thanks to xLaMbChOpSx)
    2.Improve driver installation. (Thanks to xLaMbChOpSx)
    3.Fix some bugs.
    4.Fully support android 4.4.2

Procedure i did:
    - copy Viper4Android FX 2.3.2.2 and Viper XHifi 2.1.0.2-1 to /system/priv-app
    - reboot
    - start Viper4Android and install the driver as prompted (CortexAx for XHifi)

- Activate Viper4Android in app, choose your settings
    - To use the convolver, download a Impulse Response Sample Pack from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2216193, extract the *.irs and copy it to sdcard0/ViPER4Android/Kernel

Cheers
    Has anyone ever tried the IRS ? Because I haven't noticed any change in sound.

Hi Redwraith96,

I am actually using FREE XPERIA S.Enhance Rev2 Clear bass.irs in headset and FREE Creative THX TruStudio Pro Hph-SmartVolume50.irs in my phonespeaker settings. Found them in the IRS Starter pack from Sept 9 and both are working fine.

Cheers