Porting i9100 ROM to i777

Search This thread

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
I want to port Beanstalk ROM to my phone so I can check it out, but all the guides I've found are outdated. How do I port a ROM?

royahaun

Dec 7, 2013
okanogan
I still seek wisdom from Senior Members with high post counts (carefully)

Attachments

• 1389683721157.jpg
    1389683721157.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: SteveMurphy

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
Pretty much. Don't know how others are doing it, but I simply flash the rom, then the kernel/modem and reboot (with the necessary wipes, of course). It's worked this way since the ICS days.

For KK, I've been using Renders' TWRP kernel for porting; had a few too many problems with the CWM version playing nicely with 9100 roms.

Last edited:

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Pretty much. Don't know how others are doing it, but I simply flash the rom, then the kernel/modem and reboot (with the necessary wipes, of course). It's worked this way since the ICS days.

For KK, I've been using Renders' TWRP kernel for porting; had a few too many problems with the CWM version playing nicely with 9100 roms.
So I just need to install like normal, from what you are saying, that's all I need to do. Thanks!

SteveMurphy

Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
So I just need to install like normal, from what you are saying, that's all I need to do. Thanks!

Yes, just remember to be on the 6.0.4.5 or TWRP-equivalent recovery first. Also, read the op of the rom you're installing for specific instructions: on one I had to mount /system after the flash... on others I didn't. Just be careful!

AlmasSD

Nov 3, 2012
Nizhnii Novgorod
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi 12
I am going to port Beanstalk ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2580489 ) to my phone (i777).
and you needed go to
updater-script: /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.
and delete this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "captivate" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "captivate" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "captivatemtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "captivatemtd" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I896" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I896" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I897" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I897");

build.prop :rename i9100 to i777

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
and you needed go to
and delete this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "captivate" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "captivate" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "captivatemtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "captivatemtd" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I896" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I896" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I897" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I897");

So I don't get this wrong, here is the edited build.prop file (top) and the original below that (bottom):
http://pastebin.com/LDhnHyrA

SteveMurphy

Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
So I don't get this wrong, here is the edited build.prop file (top) and the original below that (bottom):

It "looks" good, but you don't have to do all of that to get it to boot. As Almas suggested, make sure to check the getro properties in the updater script to see if you need to delete them. If they're not there you're fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, just remember to be on the 6.0.4.5 or TWRP-equivalent recovery first. Also, read the op of the rom you're installing for specific instructions: on one I had to mount /system after the flash... on others I didn't. Just be careful!

It "looks" good, but you don't have to do all of that to get it to boot. As Almas suggested, make sure to check the getro properties in the updater script to see if you need to delete them. If they're not there you're fine.
    99 times out if a hundred I can just flash the rom, reboot into recovery, and flash the kernel.
    I am going to port Beanstalk ROM ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2580489 ) to my phone (i777).
    and you needed go to
    and delete this: