[Xposed] MinMinGuard v2.0.2

Search This thread

FatMinMin

Nov 30, 2012
Taipei
fatminmin.com
Edit: It Looks like all of gReader feeds articles are not shown anymore, I see just a black page.

Note 2 N7100 - Dr. Ketan v6.1 ROM @240 dpi - MK4 base - Devil2 Kernel

I think this is happening with Press too, another RSS reader.

Do you disable url filtering in webview data for rss reader apps? It must be disable for apps for rss reader.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FatMinMin

Nov 30, 2012
Taipei
fatminmin.com
Great app, love it so much. Only issue: too much logging.

I go to xposed log viewer to see logs of modules I am developing and I find a lot about ads networks being blocked and not blocked.

Can you reduce this? Or make an option to enable/disable logging?

THANKS

From v1.5.3, logging for app is disabled by default. Thanks for your adivce!

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Great update but I seem to be having a problem. When I hit the App Settings option nothing comes up on my phone. I have an SGH-T599N running 4.1.2. I restarted my phone thinking maybe that was the problem but still can't access that option. Also, any reason why my select all icon looks so big compared to the screenshot from the OP?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1389889500692.jpg
    1389889500692.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 303

gordonpn

Apr 19, 2013
Montreal, QC
Great update but I seem to be having a problem. When I hit the App Settings option nothing comes up on my phone. I have an SGH-T599N running 4.1.2. I restarted my phone thinking maybe that was the problem but still can't access that option. Also, any reason why my select all icon looks so big compared to the screenshot from the OP?

Because "App Settings" is the main screen I think.

Also, probably you and the OP have different DPIs.

Reactions: 16BitRun

FatMinMin

Nov 30, 2012
Taipei
fatminmin.com

Because "App Settings" is the main screen I think.

Also, probably you and the OP have different DPIs.

Yes, "App Settings" is the main screen!! And the select all is too big for some devices....The next update will fix this bug!!

kaleci07

Sep 28, 2010
antalya
Hi @FatMinMin great idea!
Some suggestions :
- when clicking "select all" , "select none", please add a confirmation dialog, because for some dumb users like me, after selecting 5 outoff my 350 apps, accidently clicking that button make me loose all my previous selections
- more slection options? "all", "none", "invert"
- saving favorite blocked apps to a list (backup/restore) for use in multiple devices (or googlesnyc bettewn devices??)
- long press on app to see custom actions ("block", "unblock", "launch/test", "report blocking not working")
- MinMinGuard options (type of add to block,)
- Counter? (number of adds blocked?)
- caching apps list (for faster loading?)

anyway, this one is already a good work

Envoyé de mon Transformer TF101 en utilisant Tapatalk

Totally agree!!

HTC One cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
@FatMinMin, can you keep the version number in the thread title? Otherwise, it's hard to know when to update because the Xposed installer doesn't automatically notify that updates are available.

Reactions: 16BitRun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    • USE MINMINGUARD AT YOUR OWN RISK
    • MinMinGuard is for experimental purposes only, and comes with no warranty or guarantee.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard are responsible for their own actions.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of MinMinGuard agree not to use for illegal actions.
    • This disclaimer is subject to change without notice at any time for any reason.

Featured on the XDA portal: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/selectively-block-ads-on-certain-apps-with-xposed-module/
    Featured on the Pocketable: http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/minminguard-xposed-framework-module-patches-ad-holes.html
    Featured on XDA TV:

qhmJx2w.png

Introduction:
    Hi everyone,

Here I am going to share with you my newly developed Xposed module, MinMinGuard. It can completely remove both the ads inside apps and the empty space caused by those ads. Conventional ads removing apps are only able to block the ad content, but the space taken by the ad will still remain unused (black). MinMinGuard successfully removes that black space, which extends the app window and makes your user-experience better.

You can find more information here.

Chat Room:
    You are welcome to join the MinMinGuard Gitter Room for live discussion and supports.

Source Code:
    https://github.com/chiehmin/MinMinGuard
    Under GPL v3.0 license

Download link:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/tw.fatminmin.xposed.minminguard

FAQ:
    Q: Why there is still ads in a few apps?
    A: Some apps use differnt Ad Networks' SDK (Mostly some local ads providers ex: Vpon in Taiwan) that is not currently supported by MinMinGuard. If you encounter this situation, you can open a new issue on Github to let me know and I will try to fix it. The issue should contains at least "appname", "download link" and "which page in the app show the ads". If you don't know how to use Github, you can alternatively fill in this form and I will create the issue for you.

Q: Why ads in websites is still showing?
    A: MinMinGuard currently only blocks the "in-app" ads. Blocking ads in websites may be the future work.

Q: Can I use MinMinGuard along with Adaway?(or any other adblocker)
    A: Yes, they should work perfectly with each other.

Donation:
    If you want to support me, you can donate via Paypal and I will really appreciate you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MinMinGuard, App for the Android General

Contributors
    FatMinMin

Version Information

Created 2014-01-17
    Last Updated 2018-06-24
    The thread is reopened. If you have problems using MinMinGuard, leave your problems here. Please give me the name of the apps along with download links that don't work with MinMinGuard(It would be great if you also post the all the ad networks the apps use).

ps: It's so great to have Xposed working for Lollipop :)
    Hi all,

Due to my daily job and career focus, I can hardly find time to maintain MinMinGuard in recent years. However, it is luckily that MinMinGuard finally has an enthusiastic and brilliant developer @MSkjel who is willing to take over its future development.

Thank you all for the support for MinMinGuard in this years and cheers for @MSkjel .
    MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 works with Virtual Xposed

Hi, I just uploaded MinMinGuard 2.0.1 alpha1 with features as follow:

- works with Virtual Xposed (by removing resource hook)
    - compile against sdk27
    - fix some bug which may cause app crashed

NOTE: this is a alpha version, so I put it in the experimental channel. configuration bugs are expected
    v2.0.1 is released with multiple bugs fixed. Changes are as follow:

- Fix crashing when saving the settings
    - Fix unstable UI when switching between the tabs
    - Fix xposed no enabled message not shown problem
    - Only hook into apps when enabled