[S/SL][ROM][KitKat 4.4.2] PureSlim-KitKat R1 | January 11, 2014

Search This thread

entermetallica

Jun 10, 2012
Paradise City
I know this may sound strange.
I'm a happy user of this ROM, however, each time I attempt to flash this --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2570973 (a camera App from Android 4.1.2) the phone gets stuck at the Kernel screen. What perplexes me is that a camera app could stop a phone from booting up, but then I'm just a noob to Android development.

Any suggestions?

It probably supports stock.

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

tOrNadO™

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2012
Bangalore
I know this may sound strange.
I'm a happy user of this ROM, however, each time I attempt to flash this --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2570973 (a camera App from Android 4.1.2) the phone gets stuck at the Kernel screen. What perplexes me is that a camera app could stop a phone from booting up, but then I'm just a noob to Android development.

Any suggestions?

It probably supports stock.

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk

Not just probably for Stock, confirmly for ONLY STOCK deodexed and also needs Honami framework.. ;)

N.Y.Gazz

Feb 16, 2013
Brest
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
@Xarlond
yes, I know it lasts longer! I did the first time! I thought Rom had bug, and I reinstalled everything and I waited, and the phone rebooted! happy for you my friend!
sorry for my bad english;)

Envoyé de mon Xperia S en utilisant Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I wonder if anyone is in mode (ART) and if anyone notices a difference with the mode (DALVIK)! thank you

Reactions: pongnamu

YYvo

Nov 25, 2010
I was just wondering if it would be possible to list what is removed/slimmed down or even added (as i see xperia keyboard is added) from the official cm/Ragman's build?
I understand no customization options were removed but I was wondering about the system changes or apps. :)

Thank you btw ROM looks good!

Reactions: N.Y.Gazz

N.Y.Gazz

Feb 16, 2013
Brest
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
I'll explain my request! in the settings, options for selection of developer runtime, you can choose (DALVIK or ART), someone tested? I would like to talk about the differences between these two modes! Thanks;)

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

@YYvo
we will work on your request!

Segarys

Nov 9, 2010
Toulouse
Hello,
I tried Dalvik and Art, and I didn't feel any difference between these two runtime... Anyway, this rom is the fastest one I've ever seen on my XS!
I just have a little problem with the camera app: it takes some seconds to start, which is a bit slow, and it freeze some second when I start to record a video.
I also experienced a big lag of the phone after a call, but it happened only one time.

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

YYvo

Nov 25, 2010
Concerning ART and DALVIK, i've noticed considerable performing boost in launching apps and overall multitasking with ART over DALVIK, with the occasional force close but that is something I can live with.

Reactions: N.Y.Gazz

Xarlond

Sep 3, 2012
Rome
hi, forgive my lack of experience with this rom and with kitkat, but the videos do not work well, are played in spurts only mxplayer while others just do not go. It 'a known bug?
this is the first time I use CyanogenMod ROM based, but the address book and contacts are really so bad? much better than the sony app :)

pongnamu

Feb 27, 2012
Jeonju
plus.google.com
hi, forgive my lack of experience with this rom and with kitkat, but the videos do not work well, are played in spurts only mxplayer while others just do not go. It 'a known bug?
this is the first time I use CyanogenMod ROM based, but the address book and contacts are really so bad? much better than the sony app :)

It should be due to codecs (I dont know much about this but), MX has codecs while the default one doew not . :)

ishaan0123

Oct 16, 2012
URGENT HELP PLZ! unable to recover my xs. stuck :'(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
was on 4.1.2, backed up using cwm recovery, unlocked botloader,
installed this rom, recovery changed to twrp recovery
:'( not finding this rom handy for me. want to go back to previous rom
unable to recover my cwm recovery. how to go back?

tried nandroid backup, rom manager. when i select to reboot in cwm recovery, it again boots into twrp recovery.
cant even reflash cwm through pc.
plz help!

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

also tried to flash previous rom through flashtool, but it again rebooted the phone into twrp reovery mode.
why is it always rebooting in twrp mode on every action?

PC Companion also giving error "sony update engine couldnot be installed"

hectorrai

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto,ON
www.facebook.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
was on 4.1.2, backed up using cwm recovery, unlocked botloader,
installed this rom, recovery changed to twrp recovery
:'( not finding this rom handy for me. want to go back to previous rom
unable to recover my cwm recovery. how to go back?

tried nandroid backup, rom manager. when i select to reboot in cwm recovery, it again boots into twrp recovery.
cant even reflash cwm through pc.
plz help!

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

also tried to flash previous rom through flashtool, but it again rebooted the phone into twrp reovery mode.
why is it always rebooting in twrp mode on every action?

PC Companion also giving error "sony update engine couldnot be installed"

Flash any 4.1.2 kernel with Cwm using fastbooy and restore using cwm.... Pc companion won't update the phones with unlocked bootloaders

Sent from my LT26ii using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nTHKzTw.jpg

D294y8x.png

FAST | STABLE | LIGHT

D294y8x.png

PureSlim is the ROM made to be fast.
    Based on OpenSEMC, with our own theme, PureSlim will surely amaze you.
    PureSlim was made possible by a teamwork between NYGGAZ and me.
    Make sure to join us on Google+ Community and add me and NYGGAZ on Google+

D294y8x.png

GENERAL | DOWNLOAD + CHANGELOG | SUPPORT | BE A PART

D294y8x.png

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS

-It is very fast and light-

PureSlim's size is only 165MB. With our PureGapps that weights only 36MB, you have lots of space to have your own stuff carried. Of course, all features essential is still there.

-It is beautiful-

We have themed the ROM dark black everywhere. From settings to your status bar, it is really dark. And, you can use CM Theme Manager to change your theme.

REQUIREMENTS

SONY Xperia Xperia S with unlocked bootloader. Also please note that default OpenSEMC kernel is included.

SCREENSHOTS

-Home Screen and Menu-

imQ3YHf.png
    qPj78M7.png
    xBjPbbh.png
    cgGX4js.png

-Notification Panel-

RZBXJQT.png
    5YzVnEa.png
    wSEYdnD.png

-Settings-

fFpig7c.png
    uaYEFJJ.png
    VUWbLGc.png
    Dxi2L9R.png

THANKS TO

-NYGGAZ-
    -RaymanFX-
    -CyanogenMod-

XDA:DevDB Information
    PureSlim, a ROM for the Sony Xperia S

Contributors
    pongnamu, NYGGAZ
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: OpenSEMC (CyanogenMod)

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-01-11

Created 2014-01-11
    Last Updated 2014-01-19
    D294y8x.png

D294y8x.png

DOWNLOAD

Download is available here. (Both the ROM and the GAPPs are available)

CHANGELOG

-PureSlim-KitKat R1-

Initial Release

SNEAK PEEK

We are giving some hints on what features or bug fixes will come next. However, we work on the project as a hobby not the job. So, your patience will be helpful.

-Minor Bug Fixes-
    -Our Own Bootanimation-
    -Our Logo When You Press CM Version in the Settings-
    -More to Come!-

GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE v3

OpenSEMC Kernel Source
    D294y8x.png

D294y8x.png

WHO ARE WE?

@NYGGAZ and I are working as a team to provide the best experience on your phone. Experience a smooth ROM!

I HAVE (A) BUG(S)!

There are several ways to report bugs. (In case you are reporting FCs, please attach a logcat)
    1. Reply on this thread. Or 2.Reply on Google+ Community or on the post.

Enjoy!
    D294y8x.png

D294y8x.png

SIGNATURE PICTURES

Coming Soon!

SHARE YOUR IDEAS

We always welcome your new ideas. You can reply here, use feature request system or contact us on anyway possible. We are community friendly.

LIKE THE PROJECT?

Do not hesitate to give the thread 5 stars or follow the project. It helps us alot!

Great to know that it's not Comic Sans. That put me off massively, Haha. Will try this soon. Same bugs as that of Rayman's Beta 3, I suppose ,right?
    The Rom is compile from Rayman's source ? :confused:

Yes. It is based on Rayman's sources :)

HDMI not working, right?

Love how the KK roms for XS are appearing, thanks to the Devs for keeping our beloved device alive, lol :good:

We have not tried, but we think HDMI does not work since it is a bug on all KitKat ROMs ;)

------------------

And, big thanks to everyone giving positive feedbacks, we are always working hard to make better ROMs. Stay tuned for next versions :)