[ROM] [4.4.2] AOKP :: kitkat :: hammerhead

Search This thread

chuckenfoot

Mar 24, 2011
I just read that Roman joined the cyanogen mod team....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maumaumau

Dec 19, 2010
Does my phone has a bug?

9umyryqu.jpg

endomatic

Feb 23, 2012
Having same issue, don't know whether it's supposed to be like this at this stage or is it a bug.

Just flashed the first AOKP build of my N5.

That is the way it has been and probably will be until they put some settings options in for Navbar

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Andi9

May 19, 2008
Is in the new nightly the settings for the notification Light in?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

johnannis

Oct 16, 2012
Thessaloniki
Guys I love aokp it was my favorite on my last phone. But I didn't find any buglist so I thought about waiting a little longer.
What's the current state of the project?
I dont expect it to be fully stable but I wanna know if it enough for using it.
What's the most basic bugs here ?
Thanks a lot in advance

phin586

Oct 18, 2010
Detroit
Guys I love aokp it was my favorite on my last phone. But I didn't find any buglist so I thought about waiting a little longer.
What's the current state of the project?
I dont expect it to be fully stable but I wanna know if it enough for using it.
What's the most basic bugs here ?
Thanks a lot in advance

Very Stable but missing quite a few of the features you may like, as they are being merged into the new Kitkat base.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

johnannis

Oct 16, 2012
Thessaloniki
Right now I am on stock so I don't think I am gonna miss anything from the AOKP, it's over 3months that I am on Nexus (with stock)

endomatic

Feb 23, 2012
Right now I am on stock so I don't think I am gonna miss anything from the AOKP, it's over 3months that I am on Nexus (with stock)

This is much nicer than stock. It benchmarks better (yeah, yeah) has more options and if you run Xposed you can have very close to any milestone release.
The only bug I can find it the off center navbar buttons if you run more than 3 buttons (it is in a lot of other KK roms too).
Try it you won't be disappointed
Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: johnannis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Device: hammerhead (Nexus 5)

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Official downloads, mirrors, MD5s are found at AOKP.co

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Why? This was a bad boys rom... Full of features and outside of the "law".... I flash it cause I though until now all aokp features will be in... And find out what that it's caf just like Corp CM... And features?? Stock has more.... Thats bad.... :(

Σεντ φρομ μυ Νεχυς 5

Didn't Roman go to cm? Coincidence? I think not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't think aokp is one person only... Any way... I can't stand to see aokp like this... I didn't finish restoring my apps and im flashing another rom...

Σεντ φρομ μυ Νεχυς 5

Roman moving on to CM has nothing to do with anything AOKP related.
    He is still allowed to work on AOKP...and still does.
    In fact...here is everything he committed for JellyBean MR2...
    http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged+branch:jb-mr2+owner:"Roman+Birg",n,z

And here's everything he's committed for KitKat so far...
    http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged+branch:kitkat+owner:"Roman+Birg",n,z

Three times as much in much LESS time.

Roman started AOKP...
    And he is a big part of the decision process.
    But he isn't the only developer working on AOKP...
    Nor has he been even close to the most active one since it literally first began.
    (Not a bash on Roman, we all have other isht to do and personally I love the guy =P)

And AOKP was never a "bad-boys'" rom. AOKP was original code...with original features...
    Imagined and written by AOKP contributors and team members.

AOKP started a revolution in ROMs, really.
    Before AOKP it was CM. And CM-based roms.
    AOKP came along...and everyone (developers and users alike) realized...hey...people like features...
    And 10,000 AOKP-based roms were born. Copy-paste roms based on AOKP primarily...
    Then a few other original roms popped up with their own take on what "original" features, code, methods, etc.
    Then other roms popped up that merged the main roms into one.
    And the users never know where anything is coming from...or what's going on internally for ANY team or "team."

ROMControl, for example, used to be...mostly...a Settings.apk based app.
    Initiating a preference was done in the same way as it is in Settings.apk...
    The vast majority of the code style...all the same.

Now...with KitKat...RomControl in itself must have been a huge undertaking. They had to literally rewrite checkbox, list-preference, color-preferences, etc...from scratch...to make the new UI work.

In framework (the part that makes the features work)...
    Steve re-wrote ribbons from scratch...
    The navbar customization was rewritten mostly from scratch...
    There's a Settings.AOKP. table where all features reside...rather than using the google-written Settings.System or Settings.Secure tables...
    Which I have ideas for their reasoning but I'll let them release that info whenever something comes of it.

TLDR;
    If you're not a developer...or at the least know how to read how many commits are being pushed through...
    Don't bother speculating. 10,000 copy/paste roms later...AOKP is still running strong. That alone is impressive.
    The bug in the last nightly has been fixed and a new build will rollout soon. 
    Haz Pie???

No, but spelling correction. :)
    Please stop it now. I was making a joke, because if you look again it is a valid answer to the question.

I don't know about other working kernels, but searching and trying should be the minimum someone does.