[ROM][DEV][OFFICIAL][v500] CM 11.0 Nightlies

Search This thread

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
Sorry if this has been asked already. Does Xposed work OK on this ROM? More specifically, how about the App Settings module? I am looking for a tablet and would like to be able to control the UI per app myself.

Sent from my Kitkatted Galaxy Nexus

I installed App Settings.
I've not had any experience with it so I kept it simple. All I did was set Kindle to always open in landscape and it's working fine.
All the best Rich

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium HD app

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
Anyone knows why a nightly wasn't released for 2 nights now?

the 29/1 nightly was released several hours ago, but my device can't seem to find it (original updater & cyandelta).

Anybody facing that issue?

Last edited:

HjasToneC

Mar 29, 2013
Why did the screen off animation change from fade to crt??? At least give us an option... :/

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

netwave

Feb 27, 2008
Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z3
Just rolled back to LG Stock S/W V50010c

Results:

CSR Bluetooth 4.0 dongle - Connects
HM-10 Bluetooth 4.0 BLE - Connects
GlobalSat BT338 receiver - Connects
Parrot Asteroid I.C.E - Connects

Results from CM-11-20140129-NIGHTLY-v500

CSR Bluetooth 4.0 dongle - Not detected
HM-10 Bluetooth 4.0 BLE - Not detected
GlobalSat BT338 receiver - Connects
Parrot Asteroid I.C.E - Connects

I hope the reported issues get resolved in the near future
Thanks CuraeL & EdenGottlieb for your input
Please add any BT findings to the list as this may help development.

Reactions: EdenGottlieb

3ig

Feb 6, 2011
The accelerometer/gyro is not working. Can't control games that use it nor the screen rotation. Am i the only one with that issue?

3ig

Feb 6, 2011
I've tried both M2 and 27th nightly. No luck. I aways do a full wipe before flashing. Tonight i'll try again and logcat the thing. I don't believe there's a diferend hardware revison or something. Used Flashify to flash the Recovery instead of Loki, but i don''t see any reason for that to be the problem.

I've tried both M2 and 27th nightly. No luck. I aways do a full wipe before flashing. Tonight i'll try again and logcat the thing. I don't believe there's a diferend hardware revison or something. Used Flashify to flash the Recovery instead of Loki, but i don''t see any reason for that to be the problem.

Strange. You may test it on stock first to be sure your HW is alright. I'm on M2 for couple of weeks - directly from stock - and I can confirm that both sensors works flawlessly.

gugavieira

Jan 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I've been struggling with this error for a while and can't seem to find any clue about how to solve it.

I'm trying to flash CM11 using TWRP 2.6.3.2. I'm following the instructions from the official threads. and keep getting this error:

Code:
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
assert failed: run_program ("/system/bin/loki.sh") == 0 
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140105-NIGHTLY-v500.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140105-NIGHTLY-v500.zip'
Updating partition details...

Thanks!

HjasToneC

Mar 29, 2013
Hi guys,

I've been struggling with this error for a while and can't seem to find any clue about how to solve it.

I'm trying to flash CM11 using TWRP 2.6.3.2. I'm following the instructions from the official threads. and keep getting this error:

Code:
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
assert failed: run_program ("/system/bin/loki.sh") == 0 
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140105-NIGHTLY-v500.zip
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-11-20140105-NIGHTLY-v500.zip'
Updating partition details...

Thanks!

Use different recovery (twrp) maybe?? Worked for me

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

archangelz

Dec 7, 2010
Flashed to the latest nightly. Excellent for the most part. Does not seem to have issues at all with accelerometer. I noticed the double tap to turn on/off display feature doesn't work though. Is it working for anyone else?

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Okay nevermind, it kinda works but I have to tap the screen like 6 times before it actually wakes up? Was this intentional? Two taps turns it off in the status bar. Seems odd given the stock LG firmware behaviour for on off.

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
Flashed to the latest nightly. Excellent for the most part. Does not seem to have issues at all with accelerometer. I noticed the double tap to turn on/off display feature doesn't work though. Is it working for anyone else?

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Okay nevermind, it kinda works but I have to tap the screen like 6 times before it actually wakes up? Was this intentional? Two taps turns it off in the status bar. Seems odd given the stock LG firmware behaviour for on off.

LG Stock ROM also requires several taps.

I updated to the 31/01 version and suddenly the Google Experience Launcher disappeared! I ended up with only the horrible trebuchet (sorry CM, I just hate it) and no option to switch. I think i'll install nove launcher instead. Anyone else facing this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://download.cyanogenmod.org

Where to get info:
    A good place to discuss in real-time is IRC at channel #lg-gpad on freenode

You can follow me on:
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/114860410994043943287
    Twitter: @dalingrin
    Google+ is preferred but I will cross post to twitter as well.

Known issues:
    -While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)
    -Currently only for v500. GPE v510 support coming soon.

Installation:
    Instructions will be up soon at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org
    Must have latest recoveries installed. If you installed your recovery prior to December 6th 2013 then you need to update it.
    If flashing from a LG based rom then you must wipe the /data
    Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Download:
    I switched the language to English...still not working.

Also: After every boot the lock CM animation and the lock screen is so dimm, it's barely visible. I have to enable standby and then wake it up again to get the correct auto-brightness.

About the brightness issue flash this... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719411

[ROM] 4.2.2 Flashable [V500] JDQ39B.V50010A_US [easily go back to stock 4.2.2] and then flash cm :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Notes on issues I've experienced so far:

Preamble: Thanks so much for making this tablet the device I wanted it to be from the start. That said, documentation of errors helps devs, so please don't think I'm just complaining about bugs.

Thanks again,
    -MM

This thread is for discussion of the nightlies only from http://download.cyanogenmod.org
    Known issues:
    -While LG's knock on feature works, knock off does not work yet.(A simple work around is go to the settings and add a "go to sleep" quick settings tile)
    -Currently only for v500. GPE v510 support coming soon.

Notes on issues I've experienced so far:

Rotation
    -On first boot, auto rotation seems to not work. A reboot fixes it.

SD Card
    -External SD card is seen as a module available on the v500 under Settings>Storage, but ejected or not, it reads as 0 bytes.
    -The ROM does register though when you eject a card without dismounting.
    -ES File explorer is able to navigate to the card using root access.

Volume
    -Both speakers are playing audio, but even maxxed out, it does not play as loudly as when on the Stock ROM which comes with the device.

Browser
    -AOSP Browser crashes when modifying settings

Wifi
    -Some people have reported not being able to use 5GHz wifi (but I'm not seeing that)
    -Single report of WPA security connections not connecting. WPA2 works for them though.

IR Blaster
    -Currently does not work when using Smart IR Remote by Color Tiger https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy
    -Cannot restore the LG remote app using TitaniumBackup
    -I'm open to any app recommendations which are confirmed working with this ROM

more to be added if I find anything else.
    The 200 mhz are not noticeable. The N7 2013 has 1.5 ghz and is smoother. I guess there is something wrong with the hwcomposer or vsync or gpu driver.
    I'm on ART like on my S4 with cm11 and N7 with cm11. All three side by side and all clocked to 1.5 ghz for a fair comparison. G Pad is laggy. And if everybody wants to see it launch Google Play music and scroll up and down and swipe from left to right to bring up the hamburger menu. Damn is it laggy.. Try the same on N7 or Nexus 4,5 or S3, S4 with cm11 -> smooth.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Good God... You don't quit/stop with that non sense, mate....! I have my G Pad for more than 20 days now... Used stock 4.2.2 for a few hours, then flashed my first linaro build for the v500... The tablet is fast, responsive, fluid, no hick ups, nothing.... Interactive gov/ cfq sched... Don't know what's the issue with yours, but don't come trashing about the tablet... Do you see anyone whining so much about it?!

Have a nice day.

Regards.

Enviado do meu LG-V500 através de Tapatalk
    M3 snapshots are starting to appear:

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=snapshot

Should be available for the v500 within the next few hours.

UPDATE: Available now: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/58545/cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-v500.zip