Stock KitKat XXUEND6 Multi-CSC N9005 [GUIDE, ROOT, FIXES, MIRROR - ALL IN ONE PLACE]

Search This thread

Le Ch@land

May 12, 2012
Bayonne
www.le-chaland.fr
Hi :cowboy:

Here is the way i used to flash the firmware, i advise to backup all your data before the flash.
All the files here are provided without any waranty.
Flash at your own risks.

Remember that go back to 4.3 is impossible after this procedure.
You may too void your knox counter when you attempt to root your device...

Click the pictures to open the root of the Mirror and find others goodies.

- Flash The Firmware :

First: Set the reactivation lock setting of your phone to OFF.
Be sure the battery of the phone is full.

- Uninstall Kies if you have it on your computer to avoid conflicts.
- Download PC Odin and Install / update the drivers from Samsung[/URL], that's all you need.
- Best and safe way is to use the original stock usb3 cable and make the job on a portable computer with his own power supply (battery connected).

1 - Download the latest repacked rom in this folder and extract it.

This is pure stock rom with only Multi-CSC OXXEND2 added.
Currently, this rom contain 19 Country Codes:
BGL, CYO, ERO, MSR, ORX, PHE, ROM, SEB, SEE, SIO, TEB, TOP, TPH, TRA, TSR, TWO, XEF, XEH, XSK
As it have a small sized hidden partition there is no need of any PIT File. More safe in my opinion.

If you need another CSC, maybe one of then is yours:

The Multi-CSC VFGENA4, 19 Country Codes:
ATL, CNX, CYV, MOB, MTL, OMN, PRO, SIM, SWC, TCL, TOP, VD2, VDC, VDF, VDH, VDI, VGR, VOD, XFV
As it have a small sized hidden partition there is no need of any PIT File.

The Multi-CSC OLBEND1, 10 Country Codes:
GLB, MM1, SIN, SMA, STH, THL, XME, XSP, XTC, XTE (Asia)

The Multi-CSC OXAEND1, 5 Country Codes:
BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, XEO

The Multi-CSC OJVENB2, 3 Country Codes:
KSA, XFM, XSI

The CSC ITVEND1, 1 Country Code:
ITV (Italy)

The CSC ZZHENE3, 1 Country Code:
TGY (Hong Kong) - The attached modem ZHUENE2 is here.

The CSC VNZDMJ4, 1 Country Code:
VNZ (New Zealand)
The csc parts are from 4.3 rom but are confirmed working fine.

Three others CSC for specifics operators in France.
As they have a small sized hidden partition there is no need of any PIT File.
Check at the bottom of this post for French thread.

Just grab the one you want and put it in CSC in PC ODIN during the same flash process and it first flash the CSC inclued in the firmware, and then overwrite the CSC with the one you added.

2 - Download CF Auto Root for KitKat from Chainfire ODIN version.
Extract the tar.md5 file inside the zip to use with pc odin.

3 - Download the custom recovery PhilZ Touch ODIN version.

I advise to apply this unlock procedure before anything to avoid flash errors:

-> You need Triangle Away from Chainfire with a root acces granted.
Free version is avaible but consider to support the dev for his great job...
a/ Install the app on your phone.
b/ Run Triangle Away and Reset Flash Counter - Follow exactly what the program ask.
At the time to choose the way to reboot after the reset is done in recovery, choose reboot in download mode and then start the flash process immediatly.

4 - In download mode flash the file that you had previously downloaded N9005-hlte_PDA-xxxxxxx_CSC-xxxxxxx_MODEMS-xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with PC Odin in AP.
Do not forget to check/enable the Phone Bootloader Update option in pc odin. (seems working nevertheless without this option ticked)
Leave all others one by default.
Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked.

If you have an error (size error - Your phone may mismatch with this rom, another Samsung lock...) as odin fail at the end of the flash process.
- Shutdown the phone, disconnect the battery, disconnect the phone from your computer and wait a minute, return to download mode.
- Download and flash the file wich contain the CSC that you want.

5 - Auto self-reboot, let the stock recovery do his work completly (the green android man).

If you don't want to install root and a custom recovery, you can stop here.

6 - Go back download mode, flash the PhilZ Touch recovery with pc odin in AP.

7 - Again, in download flash, CF Auto Root with pc odin in AP, let the installation process terminate.
Note: If you were previously rooted, jump this step and download, If not yet done, SuperSu to update by flashing the file in custom recovery..
In this case, re-flash CF Auto Root will loose all your settings of SuperSu...​

8 - Download the fix for the ExtSdCard issue and flash it in custom recovery.
This is a Google security restriction, unnecessary to wait for a fix from Google, just from developpers of apps. Quick way is to apply this fix.

9 - Don't forget BusyBox which should be usefull too.

- About Mobile Odin :

As Mobile Odin seems to be unable to update the bootloader, don't use this one to avoid brick issues when operate with a different rom version than you have.
If you are already on the same firmware, you can use Mobile Odin to re-flash the rom or any other single part:
- Copy the file on your phone.
- Open this file in Mobile Odin.
- Enable EverRoot and Inject Superuser (SuperSu) in case of a system flashing.
- Choose to reboot in Recovery when you flash System and Cache partitions. If not, you may have problems regarding the CSC.
- Start Flashing.
- Do not skip md5 check to gain a little time. (For the life of your phone...)

- Issues :
All theses solutions were tested by me and worked for me, but without any other warranty.

The CSC region code or version are invisibles, the CSC folder is missing in system/.
The stock samsung keyboard crash often once booted.
You need another CSC (warning, you wil loose all your datas and settings, change for another CSC perform a wipe of the phone)
- Check here for the file you need, download and extract it.
-> Apply the Unlock Procedure.
- Flash the file N9005-hlte_CSC_xxxxxxx_RECOVERY-xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with pc odin in CSC.

The Modem is not updated.
Download and extract the .tar.md5 modem file.
- Flash the file that you had previously downloaded N9005-hlte_MODEMS_xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with pc odin in CP.
- Reboot normally.

The Bootloader is not updated.
You can check by using this app.
-> Download and extract the .tar.md5 bootloader file.
- Flash the file N9005-hlte_BL_xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with pc odin in BL and check/enable the Phone Bootloader Update option.
- Reboot normally.

Flash player doesn't work anymore.
-> Install Firefox last up to date version and the original latest apk from adobe, nothing else to do.
-> If you prefer Dolphin, download the special version of adobe flash player, more here.
Maybe someone make an xposed module later, it should be a dream...

This fix seems working with this rom (bootloop efs corrupted related).
Not personally affected, just tested the flash.
Download here too.

After all this procedure, you should be fine, upgraded and with all yours datas and settings...
At this state, i just made a wipe of the cache and dalvik cache with phil'z recovery.

- Tune :

- Enable Init.d Support.

- To simply restore the sound at the (de)connection of the charger, you can install this app.

- If you want an imaged battery, you can use RECOVERY - SystemUI N9005 xxxxxxx MOD tkari4-Version by tkari4 based on the guide from parkhyb.
Basically revert to the old 4.3 style for battery and network icons.
Screenshot_SystemUI_XDA.jpg

Just Flash the mod with any custom recovery.
To revert back to the original situation, just flash in custom recovery the file RECOVERY - SystemUI xxxxxxx ODEX STOCK. (STOCK ODEX version)
You can use my blue battery mod. (I reworked a little the graphics for a better scale.) Just extract the .rar archive and install normally the apk Inside, you need too a working Xposed Framework installed.
You can find other Xposed compatibles battery Mods here.
Just reboot once installed.
Many Thanks to tkari4 for keeping alive his mod. :good:

- The repacks i made still works fine.

The rom repacks are made by me with this tool.

Many thanks and credits to all the persons who made this possible. :cowboy:

Notes:

As i do not have the time to download/extract all the roms, if someone needs another CSC repack for him or just to share, please post here with a link for the extracted CSC files only (cache.img.ext4 - hidden.img.ext4) related and with all the details (region, full code name, original rom it come from ... )
To unpack a .tar.md5 file, simply rename it as .tar and extract the content with any good archive software.
I will centralize here.
All others requests in any another form will be ignored, thanks for understanding.

To keep as simply and clear as possible, i will maintain on the Mirror and on thread only the latest updated rom, so if you put elsewhere any link from here, it may be broken in the time, the only ones which would be permanent is the one of the folder and the one of this thread. If you Mirror any file, thanks to keep credits.
Keep a local copy of the downloaded files if you think you will need then later as the content should be updated here.
I maintain the updates only for multi-csc repacks and keep others ones in the mirror, if you need one of theses mono-csc wich is not updated with the latest recovery avaible, simply ask here...

French users, clone thread is here.

Just press thanks if i helped.

Last edited:

Le Ch@land

May 12, 2012
Bayonne
www.le-chaland.fr
Did you search the forum before posting? because if you did, you'd see that there are 500 thread about this already.

Yes, every day i do.
And i saw no thread that talk about merging two différents roms to make a new one for a specific country, centralize all the majors tools with direct download links for correct versions to avoid confusions between JB & KK, that i often saw, and attached xda threads, and too provide others files needed at the same place for my device (n9005)

Maybe i had read the forum more often than you think...

Sincerly.

Last edited:

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
I made also my Rom N9005XXUENA7_OXXENA5_XXUENA2_ NoBootloader whit this TOOL from A.S._id Dev. Thanks @A.S._id

Only this files:
boot.img
cache.img.ext4 -->from NA6 (OXX)
hidden.img.ext4 -->from NA6 (OXX)
modem.bin
NON-HLOS.bin
recovery.img
system.img.ext4

Whitout Bootloader (5 files). Work well whit BL XXUENA6 and no Knox appl's.

At first boot, after enter whit my language, I have my csc TPH automatic, alright.

It's very good this [TOOL] TAR.MD5 PACKAGER and easy to make changes whit.

Anyway, thanks by Your work.

Best Regards
Valente

=======================================================================================

Did you search the forum before posting?

Perhaps you should look again

Hi Dear @polish_pat

Please, we have a MODERATION to see all Member's work. Not censure this Member. He have rights like You.

Thank You

Last edited:

Le Ch@land

May 12, 2012
Bayonne
www.le-chaland.fr

these are just thread in general section, hit in the past 24 hours, i didnt even get the ones in FAQ nor in dev section, i'm sure i could add about 10 more just by looking at the first page of each. If your thread is not getting hits from anybody, must be for a reason. Just sayin'

You made a thread, Others made a thread, i made a thread too, i just wanted to simply share my experience in another form, without any other pretention.
You seems to have a problem about that, not me.
You have time to waste, not me.
I'm not interested to play to the one that has the biggest.

Sincerly :cool:

Last edited:

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
You made a thread, Others made a thread, i made a thread too, i just wanted to simply share my experience in another form, without any other pretention.

i made a thread a month ago, when it was relevant and nobody else did it.

Le Ch@land

May 12, 2012
Bayonne
www.le-chaland.fr
Good and informative First Post. Thanks!

Maybe you can do the same with the update that came out today :)

Op Updated

No need to repack the whole firmware as all which is needed is Inside.
I am currently upload the rom to mirror it ...
Just made a new repack for the multi-csc.

Just flashed over the NA7 rom by following my guide and all went fine.

No full wipes.
Just made a wipe in dalvik cache and cache in recovery once done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValenteL

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
I QUOTE from my THREAD next useful posts by @letama and @Le Ch@land

After this question to a member that not managed to flash the Bootloader NB3:
What Rom have You installed? If You have flashed the XXUENB3 why You are in NA6 BL?

There is a catch in going from NA6 to NB3, it seems bootloader flashing is ignored now in NA6 BL if your rom status is custom. Solution is triangle away, reflash na6 stock, then make sure that you status is official before flashing NB3.

I was on NA7 BL previously flashed over NA6 BL without any problem.
Followed your trick and flashed my own made NB3 flashable file.

I did not any reflash, just reseted with triangle away.

And it worked, i am now on NB3 BL.
Updated my thread too..

Thanks.

Thanks, good to know that reflashing pure stock is not mandatory, so the bootloader checks custom status flag only and not the whole firmware. Great, will save time for next one :).

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Hi @Le Ch@land

Only for this time: Do not forget to check/enable the Phone Bootloader Update option in pc odin.

I don't understand why, if we flash a complete Rom whit a new bootloader. We not update the bootloader installed. Why You have this opinion now?

Thank You

Le Ch@land

May 12, 2012
Bayonne
www.le-chaland.fr
Hi ValenteL

I saw (here or on other frenchs forums, no links to provide, forgot then) twice posts of somes personnes who don't have checked the option and have updated their bootloader and others one who don't had bootloader update and got soft brick issues as the rest was updated (JellyBean to Kitkat essentially)

It is usually advised here to check this option.

I not personnally took the risk to bypass this option in pc odin and always used it, so i can not confirm if it is important, effective or not.

There is this option in pc odin, i think too this is not for nothing at all.

For all this reasons, i prefer advise to enable this option when flashing a new rom, and it cost nothing to do.

Personnaly, i think it is important to do when using multi-files roms as the first Poland Leaked KitKat, but the bootloader update must be done automatically when flashing a single file rom which contain Inside all the needed parts.
Of course we can have problems when the knox is trigerred or the status of the rom is to custom, then somes parts seems to be 'jumped' when flashing. I feel this fact is increasing in the time.

When i bought my note 3, Under JellyBean, in France, i updated the rom with the latest version of JellyBean avaible on sam mobile for my country (XEF) and had no issue after the flash.
I got problem when i starded to flashed KitKat from others countries as the XEF one is not yet avaible and as i am a little an impatient flash-addict.
I wonder sometimes if i could have all this problems if were more patient and waiting for an upated version for my country.

At this time i identified three parts wich seems locked (not a secret).

CSC -> Ok, Samsung do not want i flash from another country, new policy from Samsung to lock by geographics sectors.
Modem -> Ok, region lock again.
Bootloader -> Why ? Does samsung want to block customs rom such CM, roots and others sames things? And knox related certainly too.

Samsung want to control and limit me a lot, to make more money with me.
Me, i want to be able to do ALL what i want with the device i bought, this is mine, as i can do with my Note 1.
There is a lot of chances that samsung never see again my money...

Time to bed here.

Sincerly ;)

Pierre118

Apr 13, 2011
The Hague
@ Le Ch@land, Mega gives me a error when trying to download BOOTLOADER_N9005XXUENB3_REPACK.rar. Is there something wrong with the file?

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

@ Le Ch@land, Mega gives me a error when trying to download BOOTLOADER_N9005XXUENB3_REPACK.rar. Is there something wrong with the file?

Never mind, Mega had a problem. Download is ok now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :cowboy:

Here is the way i used to flash the firmware, i advise to backup all your data before the flash.
    All the files here are provided without any waranty.
    Flash at your own risks.

Remember that go back to 4.3 is impossible after this procedure.
    You may too void your knox counter when you attempt to root your device...

Click the pictures to open the root of the Mirror and find others goodies.

- Flash The Firmware :

First: Set the reactivation lock setting of your phone to OFF.
    Be sure the battery of the phone is full.

- Uninstall Kies if you have it on your computer to avoid conflicts.
    - Download PC Odin and Install / update the drivers from Samsung[/URL], that's all you need.
    - Best and safe way is to use the original stock usb3 cable and make the job on a portable computer with his own power supply (battery connected).

1 - Download the latest repacked rom in this folder and extract it.

This is pure stock rom with only Multi-CSC OXXEND2 added.
    Currently, this rom contain 19 Country Codes:
    BGL, CYO, ERO, MSR, ORX, PHE, ROM, SEB, SEE, SIO, TEB, TOP, TPH, TRA, TSR, TWO, XEF, XEH, XSK
    As it have a small sized hidden partition there is no need of any PIT File. More safe in my opinion.

If you need another CSC, maybe one of then is yours:

The Multi-CSC VFGENA4, 19 Country Codes:
    ATL, CNX, CYV, MOB, MTL, OMN, PRO, SIM, SWC, TCL, TOP, VD2, VDC, VDF, VDH, VDI, VGR, VOD, XFV

The Multi-CSC OLBEND1, 10 Country Codes:
    GLB, MM1, SIN, SMA, STH, THL, XME, XSP, XTC, XTE (Asia)

The Multi-CSC OXAEND1, 5 Country Codes:
    BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, XEO

The Multi-CSC OJVENB2, 3 Country Codes:
    KSA, XFM, XSI

The CSC ITVEND1, 1 Country Code:
    ITV (Italy)

The CSC ZZHENE3, 1 Country Code:
    TGY (Hong Kong) - The attached modem ZHUENE2 is here.

The CSC VNZDMJ4, 1 Country Code:
    VNZ (New Zealand)
    The csc parts are from 4.3 rom but are confirmed working fine.

Three others CSC for specifics operators in France.
    As they have a small sized hidden partition there is no need of any PIT File.
    Check at the bottom of this post for French thread.

Just grab the one you want and put it in CSC in PC ODIN during the same flash process and it first flash the CSC inclued in the firmware, and then overwrite the CSC with the one you added.

2 - Download CF Auto Root for KitKat from Chainfire ODIN version.
    Extract the tar.md5 file inside the zip to use with pc odin.

3 - Download the custom recovery PhilZ Touch ODIN version.

I advise to apply this unlock procedure before anything to avoid flash errors:

-> You need Triangle Away from Chainfire with a root acces granted.
    Free version is avaible but consider to support the dev for his great job...
    a/ Install the app on your phone.
    b/ Run Triangle Away and Reset Flash Counter - Follow exactly what the program ask.
    At the time to choose the way to reboot after the reset is done in recovery, choose reboot in download mode and then start the flash process immediatly.

4 - In download mode flash the file that you had previously downloaded N9005-hlte_PDA-xxxxxxx_CSC-xxxxxxx_MODEMS-xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with PC Odin in AP.
    Do not forget to check/enable the Phone Bootloader Update option in pc odin. (seems working nevertheless without this option ticked)
    Leave all others one by default.
    Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked.

If you have an error (size error - Your phone may mismatch with this rom, another Samsung lock...) as odin fail at the end of the flash process.
    - Shutdown the phone, disconnect the battery, disconnect the phone from your computer and wait a minute, return to download mode.
    - Download and flash the file wich contain the CSC that you want.

5 - Auto self-reboot, let the stock recovery do his work completly (the green android man).

If you don't want to install root and a custom recovery, you can stop here.

6 - Go back download mode, flash the PhilZ Touch recovery with pc odin in AP.

7 - Again, in download flash, CF Auto Root with pc odin in AP, let the installation process terminate.
    Note: If you were previously rooted, jump this step and download, If not yet done, SuperSu to update by flashing the file in custom recovery..
    In this case, re-flash CF Auto Root will loose all your settings of SuperSu...​

8 - Download the fix for the ExtSdCard issue and flash it in custom recovery.
    This is a Google security restriction, unnecessary to wait for a fix from Google, just from developpers of apps. Quick way is to apply this fix.

9 - Don't forget BusyBox which should be usefull too.

- About Mobile Odin :

As Mobile Odin seems to be unable to update the bootloader, don't use this one to avoid brick issues when operate with a different rom version than you have.
    If you are already on the same firmware, you can use Mobile Odin to re-flash the rom or any other single part:
    - Copy the file on your phone.
    - Open this file in Mobile Odin.
    - Enable EverRoot and Inject Superuser (SuperSu) in case of a system flashing.
    - Choose to reboot in Recovery when you flash System and Cache partitions. If not, you may have problems regarding the CSC.
    - Start Flashing.
    - Do not skip md5 check to gain a little time. (For the life of your phone...)

- Issues :
    All theses solutions were tested by me and worked for me, but without any other warranty.

The CSC region code or version are invisibles, the CSC folder is missing in system/.
    The stock samsung keyboard crash often once booted.
    You need another CSC (warning, you wil loose all your datas and settings, change for another CSC perform a wipe of the phone)
    - Check here for the file you need, download and extract it.
    - Flash the file N9005-hlte_CSC_xxxxxxx_RECOVERY-xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with pc odin in CSC.

The Modem is not updated.
    Download and extract the .tar.md5 modem file.
    - Flash the file that you had previously downloaded N9005-hlte_MODEMS_xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with pc odin in CP.
    - Reboot normally.

The Bootloader is not updated.
    You can check by using this app.
    -> Download and extract the .tar.md5 bootloader file.
    - Flash the file N9005-hlte_BL_xxxxxxx_REPACK.tar.md5 with pc odin in BL and check/enable the Phone Bootloader Update option.
    - Reboot normally.

Flash player doesn't work anymore.
    -> Install Firefox last up to date version and the original latest apk from adobe, nothing else to do.
    -> If you prefer Dolphin, download the special version of adobe flash player, more here.
    Maybe someone make an xposed module later, it should be a dream...

This fix seems working with this rom (bootloop efs corrupted related).
    Not personally affected, just tested the flash.
    Download here too.

After all this procedure, you should be fine, upgraded and with all yours datas and settings...
    At this state, i just made a wipe of the cache and dalvik cache with phil'z recovery.

- Tune :

- Enable Init.d Support.

- To simply restore the sound at the (de)connection of the charger, you can install this app.

- If you want an imaged battery, you can use RECOVERY - SystemUI N9005 xxxxxxx MOD tkari4-Version by tkari4 based on the guide from parkhyb.
    Basically revert to the old 4.3 style for battery and network icons.
    Screenshot_SystemUI_XDA.jpg

Just Flash the mod with any custom recovery.
    To revert back to the original situation, just flash in custom recovery the file RECOVERY - SystemUI xxxxxxx ODEX STOCK. (STOCK ODEX version)
    You can use my blue battery mod. (I reworked a little the graphics for a better scale.) Just extract the .rar archive and install normally the apk Inside, you need too a working Xposed Framework installed.
    You can find other Xposed compatibles battery Mods here.
    Just reboot once installed.
    Many Thanks to tkari4 for keeping alive his mod. :good:

- The repacks i made still works fine.

The rom repacks are made by me with this tool.

Many thanks and credits to all the persons who made this possible. :cowboy:

Notes:

As i do not have the time to download/extract all the roms, if someone needs another CSC repack for him or just to share, please post here with a link for the extracted CSC files only (cache.img.ext4 - hidden.img.ext4) related and with all the details (region, full code name, original rom it come from ... )
    To unpack a .tar.md5 file, simply rename it as .tar and extract the content with any good archive software.
    I will centralize here.
    All others requests in any another form will be ignored, thanks for understanding.

To keep as simply and clear as possible, i will maintain on the Mirror and on thread only the latest updated rom, so if you put elsewhere any link from here, it may be broken in the time, the only ones which would be permanent is the one of the folder and the one of this thread. If you Mirror any file, thanks to keep credits.
    Keep a local copy of the downloaded files if you think you will need then later as the content should be updated here.
    I maintain the updates only for multi-csc repacks and keep others ones in the mirror, if you need one of theses mono-csc wich is not updated with the latest recovery avaible, simply ask here...

French users, clone thread is here.

Just press thanks if i helped.
    Did you search the forum before posting? because if you did, you'd see that there are 500 thread about this already.

Yes, every day i do.
    And i saw no thread that talk about merging two différents roms to make a new one for a specific country, centralize all the majors tools with direct download links for correct versions to avoid confusions between JB & KK, that i often saw, and attached xda threads, and too provide others files needed at the same place for my device (n9005)

Maybe i had read the forum more often than you think...

Sincerly.

these are just thread in general section, hit in the past 24 hours, i didnt even get the ones in FAQ nor in dev section, i'm sure i could add about 10 more just by looking at the first page of each. If your thread is not getting hits from anybody, must be for a reason. Just sayin'

Maybe I got the wrong idea, but it seems to me like you said something related to Updating to KitKat and using the Regionlock Away tool.

Now my question is if you have tried it - if I update N9005 to KitKat, will I have to use the Regionlock Away tool again to be region unlocked, or I will keep the unlock from the 4.3?

THX

Each time you flash a modem, you restore the locks, so yes, you need once regionlock away.
    Same thing as when you must restore root after a new system flash.

;)
    Hi ValenteL

I saw (here or on other frenchs forums, no links to provide, forgot then) twice posts of somes personnes who don't have checked the option and have updated their bootloader and others one who don't had bootloader update and got soft brick issues as the rest was updated (JellyBean to Kitkat essentially)

It is usually advised here to check this option.

I not personnally took the risk to bypass this option in pc odin and always used it, so i can not confirm if it is important, effective or not.

There is this option in pc odin, i think too this is not for nothing at all.

For all this reasons, i prefer advise to enable this option when flashing a new rom, and it cost nothing to do.

Personnaly, i think it is important to do when using multi-files roms as the first Poland Leaked KitKat, but the bootloader update must be done automatically when flashing a single file rom which contain Inside all the needed parts.
    Of course we can have problems when the knox is trigerred or the status of the rom is to custom, then somes parts seems to be 'jumped' when flashing. I feel this fact is increasing in the time.

When i bought my note 3, Under JellyBean, in France, i updated the rom with the latest version of JellyBean avaible on sam mobile for my country (XEF) and had no issue after the flash.
    I got problem when i starded to flashed KitKat from others countries as the XEF one is not yet avaible and as i am a little an impatient flash-addict.
    I wonder sometimes if i could have all this problems if were more patient and waiting for an upated version for my country.

At this time i identified three parts wich seems locked (not a secret).

CSC -> Ok, Samsung do not want i flash from another country, new policy from Samsung to lock by geographics sectors.
    Modem -> Ok, region lock again.
    Bootloader -> Why ? Does samsung want to block customs rom such CM, roots and others sames things? And knox related certainly too.

Samsung want to control and limit me a lot, to make more money with me.
    Me, i want to be able to do ALL what i want with the device i bought, this is mine, as i can do with my Note 1.
    There is a lot of chances that samsung never see again my money...

Time to bed here.

Sincerly ;)