[REQUEST] To make SIM-Unlock possible, need all files from OTA Unlocked Sprint MOTO X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ysabxe

Dec 16, 2010
Please anybody who already call Sprint and received GSM Unlock via OTA... do the copy of your all files in root folder (/ folders, files), or just make CWM (TWRP) Backup and upload it to server. I will do my best to unlock MOTO X :eek: ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwironic

noregreblem

Dec 14, 2013
Please anybody who already call Sprint and received GSM Unlock via OTA... do the copy of your all files in root folder (/ folders, files), or just make CWM (TWRP) Backup and upload it to server. I will do my best to unlock MOTO X :eek: ...

Not sure that I can help, but I'm willing to try, provided you are willing to work with a n00b (who can follow instructions, though).

I've got a XT056 (Sprint Moto X) that I've had active for more than 90days on an account that is several years old. In theory, I should be able to get Sprint to unlock the radios for international GSM. In theory. But I've never (never, EVER) gone to Sprint with a question/concern/request that wasn't made vastly worse for their participation. But I would be willing to try for a worthy project. And this seems to me worthy.

Right now, I am on 4.2.2 rooted (via RockMyMoto). I'm on the verge of unlocking my bootloader so that I can conveniently update to KK and not lose root. Will any of this interfere with the collection of data you require? If not, exactly how do I capture that data? If, as the quoted passage suggests, you basically want the complete file system, then I will grab that when I unlock the bootloader but before I restore my info. I trust that a fresh install prior to signing on will still contain the relevant info?

ysabxe

Dec 16, 2010
Not sure that I can help, but I'm willing to try, provided you are willing to work with a n00b (who can follow instructions, though).

I've got a XT056 (Sprint Moto X) that I've had active for more than 90days on an account that is several years old. In theory, I should be able to get Sprint to unlock the radios for international GSM. In theory. But I've never (never, EVER) gone to Sprint with a question/concern/request that wasn't made vastly worse for their participation. But I would be willing to try for a worthy project. And this seems to me worthy.

Right now, I am on 4.2.2 rooted (via RockMyMoto). I'm on the verge of unlocking my bootloader so that I can conveniently update to KK and not lose root. Will any of this interfere with the collection of data you require? If not, exactly how do I capture that data? If, as the quoted passage suggests, you basically want the complete file system, then I will grab that when I unlock the bootloader but before I restore my info. I trust that a fresh install prior to signing on will still contain the relevant info?

Hello) You don't need to unlock bootloader! When GSM Unlock will be done just copy all files in root system folder ( / ) by X-plore or RootExplorer. It will be normal for start... Thanks!

jasonbuechler

Oct 8, 2012
If you need testers, I volunteer. I've had an ebay-purchased Sprint Moto X sitting on my desk at work for months now that is otherwise useless to me, so I might as well put it to good use!

pavanmaverick

Aug 16, 2008
I can try to help.

I believe I have an unlocked phone (although I haven't tested it yet outside the US; in the US a T-Mobile SIM did not work; but that's not surprising), and would be happy to help. I don't have an unlocked bootloader, so I can't do a TWRP backup for you. Could you please tell me exactly which parts of the root folder you need?

Reactions: ysabxe

ysabxe

Dec 16, 2010
I believe I have an unlocked phone (although I haven't tested it yet outside the US; in the US a T-Mobile SIM did not work; but that's not surprising), and would be happy to help. I don't have an unlocked bootloader, so I can't do a TWRP backup for you. Could you please tell me exactly which parts of the root folder you need?
I need all files from start root folder, / , example there is way /system/app... I need all folders and files in / (including system folder), all of them

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-14-08-26-34.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-14-08-26-34.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 753
Reactions: hoangps

anks329

Oct 12, 2010
I'm getting my phone sim unlocked, have the request into sprint at the moment. I want to give you a clean dump, so after its sim unlocked, would unlocking the bootloader to wipe it, do anything to the sim lock?

Reactions: ysabxe

ysabxe

Dec 16, 2010
I'm getting my phone sim unlocked, have the request into sprint at the moment. I want to give you a clean dump, so after its sim unlocked, would unlocking the bootloader to wipe it, do anything to the sim lock?

No, don't wipe it, if it is possible do copy of system files and if your bootloader is unlocked + Recovery Backup :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @samwathegreat ....All done my friend ..phone unlocked !!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :D :D :D :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Who's the MAN?!?!?!

You can send your bounties/donations to: samwathegreat@gmail.com

P.S. I will be starting a NEW THREAD, SOON with the FULL SOLUTION

And how about some more "THANKS"?!?!?!?!?

@Vivjen @Vekhez @yefonme @jtquen @mxcaltrz @hsngt @bean1975 @ezeuba and everybody else that gave up on this LONG AGO, heck, @ysabxe

It's DONE :D

SPECIAL THANKS TO @yefonme --- Without you, this would not have been possible.
    OK, Round 3!

After several MORE hours slowly pouring through the THOUSANDS of NV-ITEMS in the dumps provided by various users, there is one particular NVITEM that has gotten my attention...

Remember, this is ALL based on speculation....but the trick in these comparisons is to try and find NVRAM values that:

*Match on the Sprint SIM-LOCKED devices, BUT
    *Are Different on the China-Cracked Device

If a particular value differs between 2 or more SIM-LOCKED phones, AND the China Cracked XT1056, this usually suggests the value is not what we are looking for.

So this is my latest finding: NVITEM # 8378

On @yefonme 's device, the value is 01
    On @hsngt & @jaaa1976 's devices, the value is 00

Could be something, could be nothing.

It is unfortunate we don't have another individual with a China-Cracked device to provide us with an NV-DUMP, or we could be much more conclusive with these results.

None-the-less, this is encouraging. If someone is interested in taking the "plunge" and attempting to write 01 to this NVITEM: We won't know if we don't try.

DISCLAIMER: We are in UNCHARTED TERRITORY here. It IS possible that you could brick your device, permanently blow a qfuse in the MSM Chipset, or any number of nasty things just trying to change this NVITEM. It is unlikely....but the disclaimer needs to be given regardless.

I would like someone **With a disposable device*** that they won't be too concerned if it is bricked to attempt to FIRST, READ NV-ITEM 8378, and if the value returns 00, attempt to write value 01

( @ezeuba can probably provide the best, safest instructions on HOW TO DO THIS, so wait for his reply!)

Again, probably nothing bad will happen at all, but take caution anyways.

I'm thinking that @Vivjen might be ideal for doing this, since this user has generously offered to donate a mainboard to our cause. If you have the mainboard lying around, perhaps you could connect it to one of your touchscreens and give this a shot.

***I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE BRICKING THEIR DEVICE*** So if you aren't comfortable doing this, DON'T DO IT!!! Its that simple.

We only need ONE person to do it anyways, then we should know if it is the KEY (unlikely), or does nothing (probably)...

Please let us know if you experience any changes in SIM-LOCK status after changing the value.

Also, if any other users would be willing to follow @ezeuba 's instructions in THIS POST: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54140569&postcount=221

We could use more data to help.

@Vekhez : Could you follow the instructions (in the post linked above) and upload NV-DUMP (or just PM it to me)?
    Also, @Vivjen : I received your EFS Backup, but no NV-DUMP. This might help...

AND!!! If anyone has, or knows anyone else who has another China-Cracked XT1056 (besides @yefonme 's ), and could provide an NVITEM dump from it, this would help tremendously.

Fingers-Crossed.....
    Oh we're definitely still interested :D

I think that post was in reference to me, since I've been doing most of the leg-work on this project. And all for no bounty, mind you, and very few "THANKS" for all my efforts, sadly :/

Guys, I've spent an enormous amount of time analyzing the NVITEM dumps, but haven't come across anything that looks like it may be the key.

Could someone else who is somewhat-knowledgable with CDMA tools and NVITEMS have a look at the dumps posted by various users, especially @yefonme , who has an actual china-hacked XT1056 that is SIM-Cracked?

I'm not finding the proverbial "smoking gun" so-to-speak.

We KNOW that the key lies in the MODEMST partitions (baseband cache), but I haven't found a smoking gun there either. We believe that the modemt1 and modemst2 partitions may contain the encrypted contents of NVRAM....

I have a couple more ideas that I will work on in the meantime, but I NEED another set of eyes to look over the data we have...
    So I could flash it just for ****s and giggles and see what happens...

Sure.

But apparently the US of A works rather differently..

Here, the carriers often subsidize the phones. Stupid....I'd rather pay full price and have a cheaper monthly plan....but its just the way it is here.
    Since you have people getting these $300 devices for FREE, the carriers want to make sure they get their money back, so they do all they can to prevent you from either breaching your contract and keeping the device they paid for, or making sure whomever you sell it to has to get service through THEM. I'm not saying it's right, or pretty, or good, but the way it is here.

That's why -I- use a prepaid carrier, and paid full price for my device...

Yeah, I know all that silly stuffs. But I said to the guy I'm buying it from is it unlocked. And he said that it is SIM unlocked and cannot be bootloader unlocked..

Which stricked me as somewhat weird because Sprint phones can be unlocked.. but he said that he is certain that it is the XT1056 so yeah... I don't know. I guess that we'll just have to wait and see what's up.

Yup, haven't heard of an XT1056 that couldn't be unlocked yet...unless it is stolen and moto has blacklisted it from being able to get BL unlock code from their website? Are we sure this guy even knows what he's talking about?

I don't usually talk about or care about the thanks button..........but you guys should be spamming the thanks button on Sam..... ;)

Everyone else has given up on this, but he won't quit! :)

You're the best, KJ ! I went to THANK -you-, only to find that I've run out of thanks for the day.

Remember guys: YOU GET 8 THANKS PER DAY!!!! And as Forum Moderator Mike Channon says: "If you're using them ALL, every day, you are doing it right"!!! And for you guys who are new / don't know: There is a "THANKS" button in the bottom left corner of EVERY POST ON XDA.
    Hit the Thanks button if appreciate what someone is doing, or you value the (sometimes ENORMOUS) amount of time they have worked on something for you.....It's just common courtesy. :good:

(What good advice from Mike Channon, right KJ?)
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:

Now that I've solved this I'm requesting that this thread be CLOSED. It is completely up to the Moderators whether or not they do it (not my decision), but hopefully they will oblige, since this thread is now redundant.

I have created a NEW thread, with the FULL solution here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-success-sim-unlock-sprint-xt1056-t2825155/post54338933

PLEASE DO NOT POST FURTHER IN THIS THREAD -- I WILL NOT BE MONITORING IT.

Please bring all questions / comments / "You're Awesome" posts, etc. to the NEW thread. All who pledged bounties, please pay up!

Thanks everyone for listening and not posting anything further to this thread.