G2 apps added E988 ROM (F240/E980) V7 Beta ..4.4.2

Search This thread
G

GuestK00434

Got V6 going on my E980. Downloaded via PC, put on extSD, installed with TWRP — shocked at how quick it installed, seconds.

Everything seems to be OK, not able to test proximity sensor — no sim at the moment. Phone model is E980 and baseband wasn't changed. Version is 4.1.2.

RAM is about the same as stock, maybe 100MB more. However, and this may be placebo, it does seem smother.

Will see how standby battery is, etc. . .

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Got V6 going on my E980. Downloaded via PC, put on extSD, installed with TWRP — shocked at how quick it installed, seconds.

Everything seems to be OK, not able to test proximity sensor — no sim at the moment. Phone model is E980 and baseband wasn't changed. Version is 4.1.2.

RAM is about the same as stock, maybe 100MB more. However, and this may be placebo, it does seem smother.

Will see how standby battery is, etc. . .

It didn't install you are still on stock. V6 is 4.2.2. It should take at least a minute or two to install V6...

G

GuestK00434

It didn't install you are still on stock. V6 is 4.2.2. It should take at least a minute or two to install V6...

Hmmmm. . . that's very strange because, it loaded a rom that has no AT&T apps nor anything I've installed.

TWRP had a "successful" and I wiped everything prior. So what would I be running right now? Generally wiping everything and not having a successful install would lead me to a boot loop, etc.

And if it is failing, wonder why?

zander145

Oct 3, 2010
Wilmington
I've tried installing this with Philz recovery, and twrp, both say they were successful, but no change. Tried in CWM and it said it worked but would not boot... Both v5 and v6

cdt82002

Jan 21, 2010
Hmmmm. . . that's very strange because, it loaded a rom that has no AT&T apps nor anything I've installed.

TWRP had a "successful" and I wiped everything prior. So what would I be running right now? Generally wiping everything and not having a successful install would lead me to a boot loop, etc.

Could it possibly be the v5 update? IMO the download links for the different versions in OP were kinda confusing..

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestK00434

I've tried installing this with Philz recovery, and twrp, both say they were successful, but no change. Tried in CWM and it said it worked but would not boot... Both v5 and v6

I would say I had a "change" in that my apps were all gone. . . hmm

Could it possibly be the v5 update? IMO the download links for the different versions in OP were kinda confusing..

Well, is was the "V6.zip" file. . .

:eek:

It all seems a little strange. Wiped everything, installed V6.zip, success, rebooted into a "debloated" stock ROM, which had a folder with dead icons to AT&T bloat, but no AT&T apps anywhere to be found, etc. Now I did debloat my stock ROM, but don't see how I would have ended up with what I did, nor what mine exactly as what I have now. . . just strange.

Mervingio

Mar 28, 2011
Elysium
OnePlus 7 Pro
I would say I had a "change" in that my apps were all gone. . . hmm

Well, is was the "V6.zip" file. . .

:eek:

It all seems a little strange. Wiped everything, installed V6.zip, success, rebooted into a "debloated" stock ROM, which had a folder with dead icons to AT&T bloat, but no AT&T apps anywhere to be found, etc. Now I did debloat my stock ROM, but don't see how I would have ended up with what I did, nor what mine exactly as what I have now. . . just strange.

Flash with CWM 6.0.4.5 and report back

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00434

I'm going to pass on sticking CWM back on my device — far too many boot loops with it, and cannot enter via power off without a certain boot loop.

I'll just let the device be as it is if TWRP can't get it to work. . . as strange as it is, everything looks good and clean for 4.1.2.

thanks

paranoid365

Jan 29, 2011
Alberta

The ONLY WAY this rom will install properly is if you use the "touch based CWM", (IT WILL NOT WORK WITH TWRP, no matter how magical you think you are), and you need to use the version that was linked to in the original OP. Here is the link from the original op, and the link is up and working fine:

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/93321885/file.html

*After download click on skull pic to install.
*Once installed click on the App, (also has a skull).
*You will see 2 buttons, one Chinese, one English.
*Press the top button, (Chinese one), and wait until it says installed ok.
*Then hit the 2nd button, (English), that will boot you into the "touched based CWM recovery you MUST USE").

*Note: everytime you want to go into this specific recovery to flash add-ons, or whatever, to THIS ROM you need 2 follow the, " 2 button press procedure", outlined above, (everytime)!!
!! Make sure to do your proper wipes, or you will screw stuff up, so just do them, as described in op!!

Sent From My Optimus Prime Elite Beast!!

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

OR flash with the version of CWM that Mervingio suggested above.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00434

OK, will have to look at that. Still don't understand what happened.

Thanks for the information.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

paranoid365

Jan 29, 2011
Alberta
That's the thing, nothing happened. If it installed within seconds, it did not install properly, (normally it takes 2-3 mins). Also you know it didn't install properly, because you should be on 4.2.2 not 4.1.2

cdt82002

Jan 21, 2010
I'm going to pass on sticking CWM back on my device — far too many boot loops with it, and cannot enter via power off without a certain boot loop.

I'll just let the device be as it is if TWRP can't get it to work. . . as strange as it is, everything looks good and clean for 4.1.2.

thanks

Just thought I'd mention that I also have been having trouble with freegee's CWM 6.0.4.6..Recovery loops mainly. I have been communicating with Shellnut2 via email about the issue and he has addressed and fixed the problem. In Freegee's app there is now an option to install CWM 6.0.4.7 that fixes the recovery loop problem. Also apparently TWRP has been updated in the app as well to fix the EXTSD card not being visible. Although I cannot say for sure though since I have not tested it. CWM on the other hand has been working flawlessly for me since the update. Although I have NOT YET flashed any of the roms in this thread yet. Reason being is of all the issues I've been seeing people have. Now it seems that I have everything straightened out and hopefully will flash v5 soon. For those that are curious why TWRP will not work with this ROM is explained below from Shellnut2 himself.

~Please redownload the zip (http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/fix_misc.zip), I've adjusted it to fix the assert line. For twrp, the problem is the touch drivers, unless you are running an AOSP based rom, there is a bug in the firmware which causes the touch screen to become unresponsive if you mix different kernels. Thus the kernels for recovery and system need to both be based on the same branch. For twrp that means you need an AOSP (or cm) based rom. For cwm, it is now fixed for version 6.0.4.7 in freegee.

Thank you,

Seth Shelnutt

Anyways so just to verify to flash v5 I follow the instructions in OP as stated correct? The reason I ask is because Ive always wiped first, then flashed.. If someone could help me with that I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Reactions: paranoid365

anirudhks

May 7, 2009
ok guys , just to let u all knowthe device I had some issues so had to sell it off , and now I dont have the G pro anymore.. The development will slow down for this ROM as I dont own one to test....

I will have to save funds to get a new one , which most likely be a while all though not expensive here its costs about 300$ for an unlocked Device..I will still need to save it ...

any donations are defnitely welcome and appreciated :p:p ..... if you would like to make contribution please do on paypal to anirudhks@gmail.com

thanks again for all your support...

:good::good::good:

harrisnehal

Jan 18, 2013
Karachi
Redmi Note 10
I am using V5 on my f240k, working buttery smooth, battery is better than stock. I move from stock to v5. I did the following step:

1- Installed freegee cwm version 6.0.4.6 from play store.
2- Then boot in to recovery from freegee.
3- made a nandroid backup.
4- wipe data/factory reset.
5- wipe cache.
6- wipe dalvik cache.
7- Flash V5 (took 2 mins to install)
8- did not flash any baseband.
9- Again do wipe data, cache, dalvik cache.
10- Then reboot.

All worked. But only one issue I faced, Call with no voice, Signal drops frequently.

11- Then I reboot into recovery from freegee.
12- flashed f240k baseband from this thread.
13- wipe all again.
14- reboot and profit.

No problems so far, using it for 2 weeks. Thanks in million to developer. I really appreciate his hard work.

BEST ROM FOR LG OPTIMUS G PRO F240K.

Last edited:

cdt82002

Jan 21, 2010
Up and Running

Ok guys just just a report on how my v5 flashing went on my stock rooted AT&T E980 after having so many issues with CWM. Finally got everything working good and smooth after Freegee's CWM was updated to fix the recovery bootloop issue.

So I followed the OP instructions on installation, which was an interesting situation because once it says installing rom it seems like recovery freezes(been thru the early development AROMA..lol) then once it finishes it says error loki-ifying the boot image..never says installation completed..so I went ahead and did factory reset, wiped cache and rebooted..to my surprise the phone flashed the lg screen, then the screen went to a new lg screen and made some annoying boot sound and before I knew it was on the login screen. I did however experience a longer than usual wait before signal & data connected.

So far the ROM is running good and I haven't screen any issues other than my network connectivity and data were randomly dropping out for 2-4 minutes every 20-30 minutes.. Did some research and updated my apn settings for AT&T. At first, all I got was an H for HSPA, but as soon as I updated my APN settings I got a 4G icon and in Settings>>network I'm on LTE!! And so far no dropouts!!

AT&T LTE APN SETTINGS
APN Name: PTA
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MMC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Reactions: stanleylam24

Top Liked Posts