Xperia Z2 is camera apps is coming?

Search This thread

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
the camera quality in z2 looks exactly the same as z1 judging by the previews, only thing they fixed is the flash bleeding on z1 that some might have problem with.

Mohamed_Aly

Feb 26, 2014
Alexandria
OMG even the 4k :D
If those photos are real development for the KitKat version of the XZ1.. It will be one of the most happy things that happened to me

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tonylcc

Sep 10, 2012
I presume you found these in the camera app itself?

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Update:

I decompiled SemcCameraUI.apk with apktool, then went into /res/values/strings.xml

And I found this....

4k evidence
Code:
<string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_consent_txt">I consent to the Sony Mobile <a href=\"http://www.sonymobile.com/terms-of-use-applications\">Terms of Use</a>.</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_accept_txt">Accept</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_decline_txt">Decline</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_capturing_mode_creative_effect_txt">Creative effect</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_capturing_mode_4k2k_txt">4K video</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_capturing_mode_high_frame_rate_txt">Timeshift video</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_change_save_destination_title_txt">4K video</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_4k2k_explanatory_txt">To enable stable 4K video recording, set save location to Internal storage or use a high-speed SD card. Change save location to Internal storage?</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_title_txt">Terms and Conditions</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_data_charge_txt">Your use of this service may be subject to data traffic charges depending on your mobile phone subscription with your service provider.</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_data_collection_txt">Sony Mobile will collect your hashed Android ID unique device identifier, location-based data and timestamp in order to provide you with appropriate results as part of the service and for service improvements.</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_description_creative_effect_txt">Select effects for artistic photos and videos</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_description_4k2k_txt">Record video in 4K ultra high definition</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_description_high_frame_rate_txt">Record high frame rate video and apply slow motion effects</string>

ISO evidence
Code:
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_50_txt">50</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_64_txt">64</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_2000_txt">2000</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_2500_txt">2500</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_3200_txt">3200</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_6400_txt">6400</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_10000_txt">10000</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_iso_12800_txt">12800</string>

New resolution evidence:
Code:
string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_max_4x3_txt">20.7MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_max_hdr_4x3_txt">18MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_max_hdr_16x9_txt">14MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_13mp_4x3_txt">13MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_13mp_hdr_4x3_txt">12MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_10mp_16x9_txt">10MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_9mp_16x9_txt">9MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_8mp_4x3_txt">8MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_8mp_16x9_txt">8MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_7mp_hdr_16x9_txt">7MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_6mp_16x9_txt">6MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_5mp_16x9_txt">5MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_3mp_4x3_txt">3MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_2mp_16x9_txt">2MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_2mp_4x3_txt">2MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_1_8mp_16x9_txt">1.8MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_1_7mp_4:3_txt">1.7MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_1mp_4x3_txt">1MP</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_p_resolution_VGA_txt">VGA</string>

Look for yourself for more info: http://pastebin.com/Zu9440uE

I will decompile the first ever SemcCameraUI.apk in the first firmware release to check if they were present then. (If so I have my doubts about this ever getting to our device)

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Update: No 4k references in the first ever build. Pretty safe to assume Sony plan to give us Z2 apps.

So you mean we can find the code ourselves in Z1? lol
If it is truth, I will ask my friend why he do that :(

Ame123

Dec 30, 2012

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Update:

I decompiled SemcCameraUI.apk with apktool, then went into /res/values/strings.xml

And I found this....

4k evidence
Code:
<string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_consent_txt">I consent to the Sony Mobile <a href=\"http://www.sonymobile.com/terms-of-use-applications\">Terms of Use</a>.</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_capturing_mode_creative_effect_txt">Creative effect</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_capturing_mode_high_frame_rate_txt">Timeshift video</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_4k2k_explanatory_txt">To enable stable 4K video recording, set save location to Internal storage or use a high-speed SD card. Change save location to Internal storage?</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_data_charge_txt">Your use of this service may be subject to data traffic charges depending on your mobile phone subscription with your service provider.</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_term_of_use_data_collection_txt">Sony Mobile will collect your hashed Android ID unique device identifier, location-based data and timestamp in order to provide you with appropriate results as part of the service and for service improvements.</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_description_creative_effect_txt">Select effects for artistic photos and videos</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_description_4k2k_txt">Record video in 4K ultra high definition</string>
    <string name="cam_strings_description_high_frame_rate_txt">Record high frame rate video and apply slow motion effects</string>

ISO evidence
Code:

New resolution evidence:
Code:

I will decompile the first ever SemcCameraUI.apk in the first firmware release to check if they were present then. (If so I have my doubts about this ever getting to our device)

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Update: No 4k references in the first ever build. Pretty safe to assume Sony plan to give us Z2 apps.

So this codes are already present in the z1 in the current firmware???

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk

G

GuestX0057

Since this is becoming a big deal for Z1 owners I have a general question:

Who here actually has a 4k screen/TV that fully benefits from that resolution? They are still extremely expensive around where I live and not very common yet and resolution like that is meaningless if you use a phone or a tablet for viewing. I'm not trying to bash anyone - if the technology allows it I don't see reason why we shouldn't enjoy what the Z2 brings to the table but at this time 4k just feels a bit... worthless. My television has the same full HD resolution as my Z1... What about the rest of you?

pepeo123

Aug 30, 2013

Who here actually has a 4k screen/TV that fully benefits from that resolution? They are still extremely expensive around where I live and not very common yet and resolution like that is meaningless if you use a phone or a tablet for viewing. I'm not trying to bash anyone - if the technology allows it I don't see reason why we shouldn't enjoy what the Z2 brings to the table but at this time 4k just feels a bit... worthless. My television has the same full HD resolution as my Z1... What about the rest of you?

the good thing about 4k is that it have a very high bitrate. and better definition. even watching in a 1080p monitor/screen/tv you will notice the diference. the good thing also is that you can record 4k and downsample it to 1080p and make a super sharp and high bitrate video

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Sony is using similar, sometimes even same xml files, libraries and drivers so there's nothing odd that you have few strings mentioning 4K.

They don't write code for every new firmware, not even for every new device, they are using same or modified base for new device.

We'll see what will we get in KitKat very soon :D

Z1 is capable to handle 4K video but would Sony compromise Z2 selling and give us 4K in Z1 - hmmm....

We will see...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
Well you just answered the main question/issue at hand, will Sony add 4k to a 6 month old phone when the new Z2 is just coming onto the market?

Sony did say that Z2 will be the first xperia device that capable of capturing 4K, so if kitkat comes out for Z1 before Z2 release, then it come be out for Z1 with kitkat update.

EazyVG

Jan 2, 2007
Moscow, Russia
Well, just to say I would really love to see the 15.5MP SA as default mode seen in Z2, once there is an update to Z1 camera app or the KitKat release; or hope that some dev will be able to port it to Z1.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Well, just to say I would really love to see the 15.5MP SA as default mode seen in Z2, once there is an update to Z1 camera app or the KitKat release; or hope that some dev will be able to port it to Z1.

You can already use SA with 20.7mp resolution. Check xposed modules.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
FYI, Sony's code is organised more than other OEMs (well, at least Samsung).
They usually use the same codebase across all their devices. The references to 13MP in the current APK are for devices that have a 13MP camera.

Code:
    <string-array name="ux_recommended_resolution_array_main_20m">
        <item>TWENTY_MP</item>
        <item>HDR_TWENTY_MP_WIDE</item>
        <item>EIGHT_MP</item>
        <item>EIGHT_MP_WIDE</item>
        <item>THREE_MP</item>
        <item>TWO_MP_WIDE</item>
    </string-array>
    <string-array name="ux_recommended_resolution_array_main_13m">
        <item>THIRTEEN_MP</item>
        <item>HDR_NINE_MP</item>
        <item>FIVE_MP</item>
        <item>TWO_MP_WIDE</item>
    </string-array>

From the current APK, 20MP cameras have the resolutions 20, 8, and 3. Whether these can simply be changed and simply work is something else, but this does nothing to guarantee that there will be more resolutions in future versions.

Reactions: DonPuri

rency_0722

Sep 25, 2012
Question, there is mention of iso 12800, is there a chance this can be activated or unlocked or added somehow? Or does Sony need to add it so it becomes available?

Just like the first marketing ad for Z1 regarding capturing up to ISO 6400, it is only done when using the Superior Auto mode, which takes the highest ISO possible for a very low light scene.

Manual mode can only use up to ISO 3200 at 8 MP and ISO 800 at 20 MP.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

119up3a.jpg

11akfg4.jpg

fxxtmq.jpg

:victory::victory::victory:

Looking at the pic, the 4K video seems to have that 2:1 aspect ratio and deals with the real 4K2K resolution which is 4000 x 2000. On Z2, it uses a 1.89:1 cinematic aspect ratio, which uses 4K resolution of 4096 x 2160. UHD deals with 16:9 4K video of 3840 x 2160.

I just remembered when the Z1 system dump was unleashed way back its rumor days with the same 4K video resolution, as well as the Bokeh app, which turns to be the Background Defocus app.

Sony ‘Honami’ system dump reveals new UI and imaging specs (20MP camera, 4K video) on XperiaBlog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll work on Z2 apps tonight :)

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
    Working on new features like Full HD 60FPS :
    uploadfromtaptalk1393980148046.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Update:

And I found this....

4k evidence
    Code:

ISO evidence
    Code:

New resolution evidence:
    Code:

119up3a.jpg

11akfg4.jpg

fxxtmq.jpg

:victory::victory::victory:

the good thing about 4k is that it have a very high bitrate. and better definition. even watching in a 1080p monitor/screen/tv you will notice the diference. the good thing also is that you can record 4k and downsample it to 1080p and make a super sharp and high bitrate video