Old Q&A-Thread - This Thread will be split into multiple KB-Thread soon

Search This thread

Keylo Lo

Feb 23, 2014
Say hello to everybody

Dear all,

This is Keylo from Huifei(brand name).
Myself: 24-year-old. Wish to learn more from all of you. New in foreign trade business. Worked as Buyer at the past 3 years. Know Car DVD and accessories fairly well. Happy to be friend with you.
For my company:
We are a factory and manufacturer Car DVD from 2008. I guess most of you know our product from other foreign trade company. We have 4 platform: 776, ARM11 A4, MTK A9(new), Pure Android4.2.2.

Any confusion, do not hesitate to contact with me!

My email: kaigelesales02@outlook.com

sciallo

Oct 20, 2010
Dear all,

Myself: 24-year-old. Wish to learn more from all of you. New in foreign trade business. Worked as Buyer at the past 3 years. Know Car DVD and accessories fairly well. Happy to be friend with you.
For my company:
We are a factory and manufacturer Car DVD from 2008. I guess most of you know our product from other foreign trade company. We have 4 platform: 776, ARM11 A4, MTK A9(new), Pure Android4.2.2.

Great to see someone frome the manufacturer here!!

I can honestly tell you that if you could facilitate an open development for your units it would quickly become the most popular, I know I would replace my AN21-U with this in a heart beat. This community is eager to help troubleshooting and developing but too often slowed down by closed development. What would really help is the following:

- Method for obtaining root
- Kernel sources
- any other source code you can provide (whole rom would be great, native apps such as radio, etc)
- MCU communication protocol specs
- Bootloader and recovery specs - if custom recovery such as CWM recovery could be created/installed that would be great!

Giving at least some of these to the community and making this unit more "open" to development would do amazing things for your sales. I understand fears of competition copying your tech, but I can guarantee you that the advantage point stands in the hardware construction and price point. You guys have that down and releasing protocols and sources wouldn't enable anyone to match what you do best.

Welcome here, we look forward to a great relationship!

Keylo Lo

Feb 23, 2014
Great to see someone frome the manufacturer here!!

I can honestly tell you that if you could facilitate an open development for your units it would quickly become the most popular, I know I would replace my AN21-U with this in a heart beat. This community is eager to help troubleshooting and developing but too often slowed down by closed development. What would really help is the following:

- Method for obtaining root
- Kernel sources
- any other source code you can provide (whole rom would be great, native apps such as radio, etc)
- MCU communication protocol specs
- Bootloader and recovery specs - if custom recovery such as CWM recovery could be created/installed that would be great!

Giving at least some of these to the community and making this unit more "open" to development would do amazing things for your sales. I understand fears of competition copying your tech, but I can guarantee you that the advantage point stands in the hardware construction and price point. You guys have that down and releasing protocols and sources wouldn't enable anyone to match what you do best.

Welcome here, we look forward to a great relationship!

Thanks for your comments, about your questions, I wil ask our engineer team, and reply asap when I get the answer.
The upgrade doc is refreshing all the time. And I have asked our engineer to prepare a new doc with android and MCU.
Will send the doc to Dave next week.
Good night, dear all~

blankers

Jul 8, 2007
Swansea
Huawei Mate 9
Thanks for your comments, about your questions, I wil ask our engineer team, and reply asap when I get the answer.
The upgrade doc is refreshing all the time. And I have asked our engineer to prepare a new doc with android and MCU.
Will send the doc to Dave next week.
Good night, dear all~

Welcome to the board, Keylo.
There are some very good technical people on here who will help in the development of these units. This can only help in increasing your sales and exposure.
I look forward to receiving the firmware next week.......

Dave.

storm83

Mar 6, 2014
new here :)

I thought I had my mind made up on the AN-21, but now I run into this :) I have read the entire AN-21 thread and liked what I saw. But when I see this deck, now I am unsure what I want to go for. This new one seems really, really nice. I would like to know if the SWC will work on other apps like you can on the AN-21. That would kind of be a deal breaker for me. I also just bought a USB OBD II adapter to prepare for a new deck. I am curious to see if this works with torque as well. This however isn't a priority of mine. I would much rather know of the SWC will work. I currently have and OUKU (2.3) unit with a resistive screen. I am looking to replace this... and spring is coming up very fast and it is almost time to order the new one (my car is in storage right now). But now I am indecisive on what to get. I would like to thank the early adopters of this unit though. Your information really helps everyone out more than you know. I might have to wait a bit until more information comes out to pull the trigger :)... but this one at the moment seems promising.

gangsta101

Feb 9, 2007
Brampton
Welcome to the board, Keylo.
There are some very good technical people on here who will help in the development of these units. This can only help in increasing your sales and exposure.
I look forward to receiving the firmware next week.......

Dave.

Getting a manufacturer (albeit just the contact person) to be part of this team is a stroke of genius. Well done bro. Now i am more excited than even when the Galaxy S2 was announced (and believe me, i was preeettyyy excited back then).

Forecast for the Future: Rosy!!!!!!

blankers

Jul 8, 2007
Swansea
Huawei Mate 9
Getting a manufacturer (albeit just the contact person) to be part of this team is a stroke of genius. Well done bro. Now i am more excited than even when the Galaxy S2 was announced (and believe me, i was preeettyyy excited back then).

Forecast for the Future: Rosy!!!!!!

It will certainly help.

keylo has been very good answering my questions, and I hope she will be able to liaise with the factory in getting some of our queries / problems solved. It can only help their sales so I am sure this will be good for both of us.....:)

webdude12

Jun 22, 2007
My unit is on the truck for delivery. Who wants to drive around and find a FedEx truck?? Haha.

webdude12

Jun 22, 2007
I hope it is yours and they aren't just giving you some old parcel they found lying around. :p

Best you check it before signing !

I actually wont be there to sign for it. Its going to my parent's house, because in my community, kids love to steal boxes off porches, when no one is home. Even though a couple of them have been caught and had charges pressed, it still happens. Crazy thing is, that is the only real trouble we have. There havent been any reports of cars or homes broken into, think its because everyone has alarms, etc.

Anyways, I have 100% buyer protection on the product from AMX, so really not worried about it. :)

nwskipro

Jan 24, 2008
Following your install on this thread and on Audizine - looking forward to seeing how well the CANBUS works before ordering!

maddoc177

Feb 8, 2014
feature demands

Hello to all!

I'm still looking for an android-device that supports kind of "Speed dependent volume compensation" as this feature already exits on (in-dash) other units, but Keylo told me that the KGL7683 so far doesn't support this feature.

1) Do you think it might be an option or possible to be implemented with a rooted device?

As far as Keylo told me this unit has one-way CANBUS, meaning that SWC works, but can not Display Information on the MFD.

2) Do you think a two-way CANBUS is realizable?

I'm still hesitating to buy this unit for my Audi A3 (8P)....:eek:
And hat I also dislike after reading this thread is that the Radio doesn't store the names. :(

good night.
maddoc

dirtyylicous

Nov 17, 2013
Another audiziner here.

Im watching this thread closely to see what can be done with the unit, I was highly considering the win ce unit on ebay but am going to hold off to see what can be done with this unit

nwskipro

Jan 24, 2008
Another audiziner here.

Im watching this thread closely to see what can be done with the unit, I was highly considering the win ce unit on ebay but am going to hold off to see what can be done with this unit

Nice. webdude needs to post up some more info - he should have his unit by now and I'm pretty sure it's going into a b7 a4

almond_j

Jan 23, 2005
Dear all,

For my company:

I have ordered HuiFei KGL-753 Car navigation with 3G WIFI Android system for my BMW E53 from KeyLo last week. They have installed new heatsink and the unit will arrive soon. I'm looking forward to trying it out and giving a detailed report next week!

webdude12

Jun 22, 2007
I do have my unit, it is connected. Have a bad ground loop causing feedback to Bose amp. Narrowed it down to the Illumination wire. Been troubleshooting it all day. Came in to take a break and get some food. I have some ideas on how to fix now, but when I go back out want to take my computer with and try to root this thing at the same time.

I do not miss the days of this, at least I am not upside down under the dash yet, like my car audio career days.

Some real quick notes on the unit. I will get video up soon.

1. Unit seems to be very good build quality. Back when I was in the industry stuff from China was made of what felt like beer cans. This is made of high quality metal, seems solid and good build.

2. Overall Im impressed with the install of android on this unit, but cant wait to get root and really start playing.

3. The radio app does not respond to 3rd party music apps. i.e. Google Music, Pandora, etc. It still tries to keep playing, so you end up with both the radio and the music app giving you output. Need to investigate a way to fix this.

4. Overall sound quality is very good. I competed in sound quality car stereo competitions for 6 of my 10 years in the industry, at one time had over $10,000 in car stereo equipment in a car, and while I wasnt expecting that, I think it actually sounds better then my factory radio.

Audi Specific Notes

1. The unit comes with everything you need to connect the radio up no matter what type of radio you had in the car. It works fine with my Bose system.

2. The unit fits the dash perfectly, but the black is a little glossy compared to the factory black, as of now this doesnt really bother me.

3. The unit comes with an antenna adapter for the digital antenna in the glass, and not the shark fin. So radio reception is not as good as it should be. I am going to go buy the other antenna adapter tomorrow. At one time, I know a company was making an adapter that allow you to combine both antennas, not sure if its still available. Will find out when I goto my old shop tomorrow.

Will have more soon. Let me get this ground loop fixed and get this thing rooted. Will be back :)

Reactions: gangsta101

gangsta101

Feb 9, 2007
Brampton
Good one Fellas.

Just a couple of things i would really love to find out early on.

1. The quality of the built in Microphone, i saw some folks over on the AN 21 thread complaining of poor sound quality from the Mic, could you test yours with maybe a phone call or a service like skype?

2. Have you updated the build in google apps, and services yet? would love to find out if you got Google now and the GEL installed and ultimately if the OK Google hotword works well with this unit and if it could power google maps navigation

Last edited:

nwskipro

Jan 24, 2008
awesome, glad you finally got it!

would love to hear how you resolve the issues you mention before I pull the trigger on getting one myself. so far I like this more than the windows ce unit.

when you get a chance can you take a pic that shows the glossiness of the unit relative to the rest of the center console?

also interested in how Bluetooth streaming works as well as Bluetooth calling/commands

thanks!

webdude12

Jun 22, 2007
Ok, couple more notes.... Then I am off to bed.

1. Was not able to get root. Even with USB debugging turned on, none of the USB ports seem to be active against it. Also tried a few other APKs that are suppose to get root, and all failed. Lets hope the manufacture chimes in on this. I did not have time to try to connect via adb wireless over the IP. Will try that this weekend.

2. I was not able to get rid of the ground loop noise using the standard "old tricks" of trade. It would seem that this install is going to take some type of ground loop isolators. Not sure if thats on the power line or on the RCA cables. Im going to check with someone I still know in the car stereo industry to see what is common on the Audi's and how to get rid of them.

3. The built-in wifi seems very touchy about how the antenna on the back of the radio is positioned. This could be just based on my car, but it would be nice if the manufacture would have made this a standard connector with a short antenna, that we then could have replaced with a better performing antenna if we wanted. This would have added pennies to the cost

4. Overall I am happy with my purchase. I was able to get Google Music, Pandora, Mighty Text for Tablets, Torque, and SlideIt installed and workings. Side note about Torque, the radio would not see my USB to OBDII adapter, but its a really cheap China based one. My Bluetooth adapter worked 100% fine though. While their launcher is not the greatest, its not bad, but I still might play with others.

5. The display is crisp and clean. There is a brightness control in settings, but no automatic setting. It would seem its missing an ambient light sensor, but with the daylight we had this afternoon, I had no problem seeing the display set at 75% brightness.

6. The touch screen is extremely responsive. It works as good as my Evo 4G LTE. No complaints here at all.

Now to answer a few questions:

1. The quality of the built in Microphone, i saw some folks over on the AN 21 thread complaining of poor sound quality from the Mic, could you test yours with maybe a phone call or a service like skype?

2. Have you updated the build in google apps, and services yet? would love to find out if you got Google now and the GEL installed and ultimately if the OK Google hotword works well with this unit and if it could power google maps navigation

1. The built-in mic works great. I made a call to my Mom while driving around playing with Torque, and she said I she couldnt tell any difference then when I am on my phone normally.

2. I updated everything it would let me updated. I have not pushed Google Now to it yet, but this is on the todo list

awesome, glad you finally got it!

would love to hear how you resolve the issues you mention before I pull the trigger on getting one myself. so far I like this more than the windows ce unit.

when you get a chance can you take a pic that shows the glossiness of the unit relative to the rest of the center console?

also interested in how Bluetooth streaming works as well as Bluetooth calling/commands

thanks!

As mentioned above, I haven't managed to fix the ground loop yet, but it will happen and I will update once I do.

The video is rendering for upload to YouTube, this will show you what I mean by the glossiness compared to the stock dash pieces. In all all honestly, it looks like I armored-all'd the stereo and not the rest of the dash. I may try that on the dash pieces and see if it makes them match slightly better, but this isn't a deal breaker for me.

Bluetooth streaming from Google Music on my phone worked great. I have almost 19,000 songs, and without a hitch, everything sound crystal clear and great. As mentioned above, the Bluetooth call quality was great, I have not played with any of the voice commands yet. As a side note, was able to run Torque with Bluetooth and stream Bluetooth at the same time. So it seems the Bluetooth receiver is multichannel.

Thats all I got for now. The video shows to have an hour left to render, but I need to crash, will upload it in the morning and will start research more root ideas.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HuiFei - 2 DIN Pure Android 4.2.2/4.4.2/4.4.4 RK3066/RK3188 Car Stereo Radio Head Unit. KGL/KLD/RM/GS/JY/MD/KYD/BN/HA [ROOTED]

Moderation Announcement (added by @dark alex)
    Hi together this is an important announcement!

As you knew Mike an me we were talking about a dedicated section.
    This is now achieved and I am requested by him to sort things out from here.

I will split out some Key knowledge posts, for example malaysks Firmware-Post, to new Threads in our subforums.

Developers
    Please if you create new work open you own Thread in the new forums. If you already have posted here probably wait until I split your post out or write to me to ensure I will split you out if you think I missed you or you have a critical release.

Questionning Users
    Please open your own thread for your questions in our new section. I can not split out every question from here. This thread will be left over for searching so please if you have current questions just ask in our new Q&A-Section.

I will start splitting up this thread in about one hour.

You can find the new section at the bottom of this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/android-auto

Thank you!

This is a new thread for this car dvd that was first reported on comment #2224 of the AN-21 U thread.

Probably you are here because:

• you want to root your unit. Only units with ROMs 4.2.2 can be rooted (see below how). The only way to have a rooted 4.4.x is installing a pre-rooted ROM (see below how)
    • you have a problem (no internet, no sound, buttons do not work, bad mic quality, rear camera image not showing, door opening not showing, etc.
    • you want to upgrade your unit to a newer software that has sleep mode, personalized music app, personalized functions, root, xposed, can remap buttons, etc.
    All this is covered in this post and most of the problems that you can have are summarized in this post too. Please read this first post before asking. And use the search function of the thread, before asking. Thanks.

TRICKS THAT MIGHT SAVE 1000 QUESTIONS ON THE THREAD
    Read below and here for basic questions asked and answered 1000 times.

How to root my unit. Only 4.2.2 can be rooted with an app (see below). To have rooted 4.4x you must install a pre-rooted ROM (see below)
    Get sound when in reverse (thanx to @Keylo Lo)
    here
    Engineering/Factory settings password "126" (thanx to @blankers)
    This allows you to change logo, sound volume, SWC codification, etc.
    Activate USB debugging --> Go to Factory Settings and enter password "adbon".
    System sound is low compared to Radio--> Go to Factory settings and change volume levels
    GPS button does not trigger GPS app You need to choose predefined GPS app, in Settings--> GPS

Get Into Recovery
    1 Press reset button and power button together
    2 After about 5 secs release reset button, but keep pressing power button
    3 When booting screen appears release power button.
    4 It boots into recovery.
    --Update 1-- some units without front USB have a different procedure
    Firstly power on the unit and then long press the power button and then reset. Then the unit will get three rings and you loose your hand on the power button and short press the power button again. (thanx @netay)
    --Update 2-- some others have this procedure (thanx @R4D3N)
    1. Turn off the unit by holding 3-4 sec the power button.
    2. Hold the RESET button + POWER button for 5 sec
    3. Release the RESET button and keep pressing the POWER button for 2 sec
    4. Release the POWER button and wait. The Recovery menu appears.
    5. With the Volume knob you can move up/down and long press on Volume/Power button to select the option.

Get Into Bootloader
    The process is basically the same, with the difference that you need to have the computer attached to the unit via the front miniUSB (if you do not have a front USB, you will have to ask your seller how to get into bootloader mode)

1- boot the unit as usual.
    2- plug the front usb of the unit to your computer usb.
    3- Then, push the reset button and the power button at once and keep them pushed. The reset button is the tiny pin next to the mp3 sdcard. The power button is the volume knob. You will hear the power cut throught the speakers.
    4- Release reset button and keep power button pushed. Now the unit will reboot. You will see nothing, just a black screen. Do not release the power button yet. Your computer will detect a " new hardware", that is the RolckChip. When you hear the windows noise of new detected hardware, you can release power button. It will automatically install the drivers.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM
    BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR UNIT YOU MUST KNOW
    • MCU your unit, there are many (KGL, KGL1, KGL2, KGL3, KGL4, KGL5, KLD, KLD1, KLD2, JY, GS, KYD, MD, BN, HA, MX), If you install the wrong MCU, you will brick your unit.
      To know which one you have. Go to Settings -->About
      If still not clear, see: here or here.
      If you cannot find it here, it probably means that you are in the wrong thread.
    • Resolution of your unit. 800x480 or 1024x600. If you install the wrong ROM, you will brick your unit.
    • Chip of your unit RK3066 or RK3188. It does not really matter, ROMs and MCU are compatible between chips.
    IT IS ADVISABLE TO BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE PLAYING WITH IT
    Upgrading is supposed to be a safe operation, but you never know what can happen. So, before updating make sure that:
    1- To backup of your system the easiest way is download nandroid root from google play, and do a nandroid backup with TWRP format). Save it in your external SD.
    2- make sure you can enter in bootloader mode (see below how to)
    3- it is recommended to backup your apps and data (use titanium from google play). The update will do a factory reset.​
    FOLLOW THIS TO UPGRADE YOUR ROM AND/OR MCU
    0- Do a back up (copy the files somewhere safe) of your internal SD card memory. It will be wiped during the process.

1- Download the ROM (Resolution 1024x600 or 800x480) and MCU (KGL, KLD, JY, GS,RM, MX, BN, HA) for your unit.
    ROMs--> repository This will get you a file named update.img. There are different "flavors" of ROMs.
    Code:
    - [user=853627]@coudu[/user] (rooted, stock). Early v4.0 and v4.1 have some problems.
    - [user=3590033]@Malaysk[/user] (rooted, with very useful mods, some come with NEXT launcher)
    - [user=6041319]@dsa8310[/user] (rooted, almost stock)

MCUs--> Latest MCUs by Malaysk are here . This will get you a file named mcu.img

2- copy the update.img you have chosen to the root of your GPS card.

3- copy the mcu.img for your specific unit to the root of your GPS card (if you do not want to update mcu.img, you can skip this step)

4- insert back the GPS card to the unit. If no window pops up, reboot the unit. At boot, the presence of update.img will be detected and a pop up window will ask you whether you want to update your unit. It will automatically reboot into recovery mode and update your unit. Once done, remove update.img and mcu.img from the root of the gps card or you will be asked every boot for an update.

5- In some Coudu´s (sd partition of 3Gb) and Malaysk´s ROMs versions, it is necessary to do a factory reset just after the first boot so that everything works properly.

6- If you lost buttons or radio after the upgrade --> Go to Factory settings (password 126) and choose the proper canbus for your car and the radio chipset. You can change boot logo if you want.

* If you get Google services error after upgrading to KitKat see this and this
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THINGS YOU MAY WONDER BEFORE BUYING A HEADUNIT
    Code:
    [B]- Boot Up:[/B]: time is around 30s. 
    [B]- GPS[/B]: GPS positions very fast. TomTom, Navigon, Sygic,  and regular off-line GPS work. Navigon and Sygic have some problems with some ROMs
    [B]- Stand by mode[/B]: Latest ROMs and MCU have the possibility of choosing stand by mode with various times chosen.
    [B]- Radio:[/B] radio stations are saved as frequencies
    [B]- Bluetooth contacts:[/B] contacts are saved on the device.
    - Works fine with Bose system (Audi)
    - Possible ground loop noise that needs some tricks to be removed (see section problems) 
    - Torque works and can run in parallel with A2DP
    - ELM327 works (might need special app like CarService in very weird cases)
    - Camera works (might be better to get the one with RK3188 chip)
    - There is no automatic brightness control because the unit does not have light sensor, but there are apps that can help
    - The touch screen is extremely responsive. It works as good as most phones.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO ROOT AND INSTALL TWRP
    Instructions to get root (thanx to @webdude12)
    It only works for Android 4.2.2. If you want to root 4.4.x you need to take apart update.img and inject SuperUser app (this is only for experts as @coudu, @Malaysk, @dsa8310 ). The alternative is to install a 4.4.x pre-rooted image and you do not have to do anything else. See below in HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR UNIT section how to do it.

If you want to root your 4.2.2, download Root Master 2.1.1 here
    Code:
    1- Install the APK.
    2- Make sure you are connected to WiFi and you have an internet connection.
    3- Open Root Master (do not upgrade to newer version unless you can read chinese, The newest version has different options, all in chinese. Version 2.1.1 just has a button that says "root".))
    4- Press root button
    5- Chinese characters will flash across the screen.
    6- A second popup box will appear, press the purple button.
    The app will automatically install SuperUser.
    This program connects to servers oversea sending hardware information. The downloads a script that will attempt to root the device. If the first script fails, it downloads additional ones. Future goal is monitor this communication with a data logger and find which script works, so that a unique program can be written to achieve root.​
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install TWRP recovery (thanx to Abdul_pt from Freaktab and 1-2-Hak and coudu)
    You do not really need to install TWRP unless you wanna mod the rom yourself, if you mod roms you will know that already.
    - a.t.m. you need a mouse to use TWRP because touch is not working yet
    - if you install TWRP, you will not be able to update the update.img and mcu.img the way it was explained above.

If you still want to install TWRP:
    Android 4.2.2 800x480
    Download files here
    And follow the post by 1-2-Hak

Android 4.4.2 800x480
    Follow this: this

TWRP for 1024x600
    See this post
    TRICKS AND MODDED APPS THAT DO WONDERS
    • Install app without adb when regular install does not work
      Sometimes the app won't install normally and you need to sideload it.. This means that you need a computer and adb wifi. There is another way with which you won't need a computer. You just need to install a terminal emulator (you need root ).
      1- Download the terminal emulator app you prefer
      2- Download the app you want to install to /mnt/sdcard
      3- Open terminal emulator
      4- On the terminal navigate to /mnt/sdcard by typing
      Code:
      - cd /mnt/sdcard
      - su
      - pm install "NameOfTheApp".apk
      Done, you are app is now installed.

• Modified Radio Apps
      To install radios you need to copy the app using ESExplorer or Root Explorer straight to /system/app in place of MTCRadio.apk
      Radio version 4.2.2 800x480
      Radio version 4.4.4 800x480

Radio version 4.4.4 (Malaysk v1, aka alive)

[*]Car Service. Allows to use SWC and buttons with 3rd party apps (Latest Malysk ROMs already include it).
      Download here (thanx @@KeiserSozeyFr)
      If it does not install, copy directly to /system/app

[*]Microntek HeadUnit Service Latest Malaysk ROMs include it. It allows to use SWC with non native apps. It allows to make calls and send messages from Android part of HU, and to show toasts. You can find it straight on Google Play.
      There is a modified version (probably outdated) with early start of services here

[*]Moded Music app. Two versions. One is the original with expanded list, so full names can be seen, and the other one has the list integrated in the background so it is always visible.
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53352994&postcount=894 (thanx to @dark alex)
      anoher one here

[*]Set Loud Latest ROMs do no need it.
      Method 1:Method 2:

You need Tasker or Automagic or similar app.
      Set up a task that runs at boot with the following code as "shell command"
      am broadcast -a com.microntek.irkeyDown --ei keyCode 44
      How to: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53553617&postcount=1058
      [*]Speed-sincronized volume increase (AKA GALA)
      This app will modify the volume of your unit according to the speed. The amount sensitivity can be adjusted.
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53441283&postcount=931 (thanx to @dark alex)

[*]PowerAmp Toast (thanx @agentdr8)
      This app will show title/album/album art when tracks change while PowerAmp is in background.
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53964813&postcount=1461

[*]Rear Camera without icons (icons were included in the KitKat version 4.4.2) (thanx @typos1 and 4pda.ru guys)
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56888840&postcount=5096

[*] KLD Launcher 4.4.2 with bigger date
      Launcher see picture

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

FILE REPOSITORY, FIRMWARES and MCUs for KGL/KLD/GS/RM/JY/MD

Some of the firmwares are... (list not updated)
    • Custom KitKat 4.4.2 by 4pad.ru (RK3066)
    • Coudu's 4.4.4 v4.2 (RK3066) (January 2015 release), see here
      - Coudu v4.0 and v4.1 have some problems. v4.2 is good (specially releases 150113 for KLD and 150113 for KGL). You might need MTCControlSettings.apk as in these latest releases coudu removed it.​
    • Malaysk's roms (RK3066) w/ and w/o NEXT launcher, also 4.4.4 here
    • JY Android version is this one
    • Malaysk's roms (RK3066) version 24/05/15 Download here. It allows the remapping of the radio buttons.
    • dsa8310 JY rooted ROM 150513 (RK3188) Download here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WIKI-Page
    Basic info on everything
    Another wiki with general info here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS FOUND BY THE USERS
    Unfortunately the first issues with the promising unit arrived.
    http://huifei.fs-fileserver.de/

Good news!! Now I'm going to lay out all of the latest firmware on the server http://huifei.fs-fileserver.de/content/firmware/MALAYSK%20ROMS/

Thank dark alex
    Good news for Sygic users :)

I have found solution how to make Sygic to work on ours devices.
    It is wery easy and it finaly works for me, and I would like to share it with others. You can make it in two steps.
    First of all you have to install rooted ROM. I have install update_4_4_4_RK3066_1024X600_7_MAL_14_05_2015.rar
    You can find rooted rom for your device on this link https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxmzvLRI7-eNeVA2SWkwM1pLZ28&usp=sharing#listv
    When you done you have to install Xposed IMEI Changer. You can find it at Google Play Store and start the app. Xposed Installer will prompt up and you have to give permissions to IMEI Changer and to install Framework if you did not already.
    Than yo have to open IMEI changer and copy IMEI code from your smartphone. (I have HTC M7 and IMEI code you can find in Settings-Info-Tlefon identity.
    After that you have to reboot device and open IMEI changer to see is it new IMEI applied.
    If it is, than you have to go to Google Play Store, install Sygic and download maps.
    Result you can see on attached image.

I hope that it will work for others.
    NEW from 27 October, 2015
    Only for RK3066 800X480

Most global firmware update from me, perhaps a few months to 800X480.
    Changes, updates, deletes, transfers, etc. lots of. I write about everything I will not. Here are just a couple:
    +++ Android part of 10 October.
    +++ New NEXT launcher - a slightly redesigned our radio me :)
    +++ The new boot logo (the very first - that appears when you download a few seconds)
    +++ Added gradient Status Bar (Settings - System)
    +++ A new panel ext. programs and recently run (Settings - System)
    +++ Added new tab in Preferences - Advanced Settings screen (think there will understand)
    +++ Fixed program MTCBlueTooth - incorrectly displays the number of the incoming call
    +++ Well, and so on. D.

Firmware I have not done a simple upgrade - erased all the data. Make a backup of your applications (System Settings then do by hand - not to restore from backup !!!)
    HERE
    NEW from September 6, 2015
    Only for RK3066 800X480

+++ Android base on September 3, 2015
    +++ Many,many other fixes and additions.

Download HERE