Samsung Drivelink DEV needed ***BOUNTY REACHED!!!***

Search This thread

marcoferrario

Mar 4, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.
My name is Marco and I come from Italy.
I have a Galaxy S3 and an Alpine ICS-X8 radio
My Galaxy have imperium ROM, rooted and deodexed. Stock Samsung launcher
I tried to install the modded app, but TMSERVERAPP.apk freeze on drivelink start-up
Can you help me?
Thank you very much and greetings from Italy!
Marco

KuRue

Mar 7, 2014
Orlando
I'm stuck at "USB device not supported" when I try to connect to my sony xav-601bt(latest firmware). I've read through about 70 pages of this thread but still can't figure out what is wrong.
I have a Virgin Mobile S3 (l710) on a 4.3 touchwiz based ROM(rooted and de-odexed).
I have flashed TMServerApp, made an odex file, made sure they were both WR, and installed modded version of drive link.
I've launched the app before plugging it in, made sure it was in usb debug mode as well.

I've heard that this error is most common when TMServerApp.apk is not installed correctly.
I've tried SamsungTMServer-i9300-XXDLJ1 as well as XXDLJ5.

What version should I be using?
And will i9300 versions work on an l710 too?
Thanks

marcoferrario

Mar 4, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.
My name is Marco and I come from Italy.
I have a Galaxy S3 and an Alpine ICS-X8 radio
My Galaxy have imperium ROM, rooted and deodexed. Stock Samsung launcher
I tried to install the modded app, but TMSERVERAPP.apk freeze on drivelink start-up
Can you help me?
Thank you very much and greetings from Italy!
Marco
I can add some details. If i use original TMSERVERSPP with modified Applink, all works fine (but without full mirroring)
The problem is definitely the file TMSERVERAPP. In my S3, it's dont' works and freeze at startup (Debug USB ON, Unknow sources ON, ecc)
Anyone has experience with S3 and ICS-X8? I've tried everything. I'm hopeless

tescona

Mar 8, 2014
Android KitKat Problem

Hey,

after the samsung update of my Samsung Galaxy S4 Drive Link was out of the app-menu. i installed the new version 1.1.028 r5 of driveLink, but it's not possible to start the App. it crash down on start.

The file TMServerApp.apk i cant find on the device, and the installation of it is not possible.

Android-Version 4.4.2
Kernel 3.4.0-481100
Samsung Update from yesterday

can you fix it? or i should reflash the old Android-Version?

Reactions: tusol17

Nalgas

Sep 3, 2010
Hey,

after the samsung update of my Samsung Galaxy S4 Drive Link was out of the app-menu. i installed the new version 1.1.028 r5 of driveLink, but it's not possible to start the App. it crash down on start.

The file TMServerApp.apk i cant find on the device, and the installation of it is not possible.

Android-Version 4.4.2
Kernel 3.4.0-481100

can you fix it? or i should reflash the old Android-Version?

You should wait... and you cant downgrade your firmware... knox wont allow ... this applies if you want to keep knox counter 0x0...

Let the man do his magic :) ... soon there will be good news :)

[[]]

bamorris

Jan 3, 2009
You should wait... and you cant downgrade your firmware... knox wont allow ... this applies if you want to keep knox counter 0x0...

[[]]

I'll throw some money at this to get a working stable version of full mirroring for stock rooted S4 running Android 4.3.

I'm in for $20.

analogwarrior

Aug 20, 2011
www.analogwarriors.com
Hey,

Android-Version 4.4.2

Kernel 3.4.0-481100

same here ... worked great with 4.3, but since installed 4.4.2 this morning, the app stopped working and won't run again.

i hope so, this is the best moddet Version i've found so far, i've really enjoyed using it. Please make it working again - and i'm in for a donation.

Last edited:

wizrad

Jan 21, 2007
Count me in for a new bounty on 4.4.2 support

I'm in for 20$
Or, maybe opening up the source a bit so others can work on it?

rgrusman

Jun 15, 2009
GS3 with 4.3 and ICS-X7HD

How did you get it to work with 4.3? I've tried everything! All I get is TMServApp has stopped working everytime I plug in my phone. Also, anyone having an issue with the phone not charging while plugged in to the deck? I'm using a GS3 Verizon with ICS-X7HD.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm in for twenty if anyone can get it to work?

same here ... worked great with 4.3, but since installed 4.4.2 this morning, the app stopped working and won't run again.

i hope so, this is the best moddet Version i've found so far, i've really enjoyed using it. Please make it working again - and i'm in for a donation.

thumper_1151

Jun 9, 2009

has anyone gotten a confirmation that the developer or anyone is working on this?

rek1n1

Apr 12, 2009
Hello guys !

I have a samsung Galaxy S2 and the sony XAV601-BT.
But mirror link don't work, i have download this apk

I have install : Drive Link.apk ==> OK

But TMServerApp.apk ==> don't work.

Please, help me.

analogwarrior

Aug 20, 2011
www.analogwarriors.com
How did you get it to work with 4.3? I've tried everything! All I get is TMServApp has stopped working everytime I plug in my phone. Also, anyone having an issue with the phone not charging while plugged in to the deck? I'm using a GS3 Verizon with ICS-X7HD.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm in for twenty if anyone can get it to work?

im using a S4 and a JVC KW-NSX-1, sorry can't help - different Hardware ;)

mac3582

Mar 6, 2009
hi guys,

im having the same problem with drive link on my s4. was working fine until the update. ive been in contact with Samsung who gave this reply

I can tell you that the app simply needs updated in order to be compatible with the 4.4 Kitkat operating system. This update will be done over time. At present we do not have a current date for this, but it will be sometime in the near future.

hopefully between them and the devs we can get a version that works again soon.

Reactions: Nalgas

AuRoN89

Apr 26, 2013
Milano
hi guys,

im having the same problem with drive link on my s4. was working fine until the update. ive been in contact with Samsung who gave this reply

I can tell you that the app simply needs updated in order to be compatible with the 4.4 Kitkat operating system. This update will be done over time. At present we do not have a current date for this, but it will be sometime in the near future.

hopefully between them and the devs we can get a version that works again soon.

that's what i was waiting for.

I'll release the new version when samsung release the new update.

weverett4

Jan 19, 2014
GS3 or GS4 with cd ml 100 mirrorlink on pioneer avh-x4600bt

Hey guys, need some help here. Trying to troubleshoot not being able to get both or either a GS3 or GS4 to work with the cd-ml100 mirrorlink on my Pioneer AVH-x4600bt double din. I have downloaded the drive link on both phones and extracted it properly but cannot see an image when I plug in the phone, the screen just goes black after the parking brake warning, etc. I got it professionally installed, but im assuming maybe the cd-ml100 isn't hooked up correctly? Or it maybe looks like the mirrorlink is asking for an update via a usb drive?....which I can't seem to find anywhere on the Pioneer website. If anyone has some experience with a fix for this please help me out, Thanks!

weverett4

Jan 19, 2014
help

Hay all, This app is killer. :good:

I just thought I'd let everyone know I just installed this on my GTI-9300, and tried it with Pioneer's brand new AVH-X3600BHS and it worked flawlessly.
You'll need the CD-ML100 MirroLink Adapter installed with the Head Unit.

That means this app will work with all Pioneer's New 2014 AVH decks because they use the same Adapter to add MirrorLink. :eek:

I have a similar deck-and installed the drivelink app from this thread on both an s3 and an s4 the avh-x4600bt and also connected the cd-ml100, but it won't recognize a galaxy s3 or s4, other than just to charge it/ music-calls via bluetooth. Did you have to load a mirrorlink update to an sd card an update it or did it just work automatically? Mine just shows a blank screen when i flip the parking break screen off. Maybe the cd-ml100 could simply be hooked up wrong...Any help is appreciated, thx

AuRoN89

Apr 26, 2013
Milano
Hey guys, need some help here. Trying to troubleshoot not being able to get both or either a GS3 or GS4 to work with the cd-ml100 mirrorlink on my Pioneer AVH-x4600bt double din. I have downloaded the drive link on both phones and extracted it properly but cannot see an image when I plug in the phone, the screen just goes black after the parking brake warning, etc. I got it professionally installed, but im assuming maybe the cd-ml100 isn't hooked up correctly? Or it maybe looks like the mirrorlink is asking for an update via a usb drive?....which I can't seem to find anywhere on the Pioneer website. If anyone has some experience with a fix for this please help me out, Thanks!

you have 2 options:

1) Physically bypass the hand-brake signal. (very easy to do but ILLEGAL in most states, just put in ground the wire)
2) Install the modified tmserverapp.apk (that you can find in the package)

Last edited:

weverett4

Jan 19, 2014

you have 2 options:

1) Physically bypass the hand-brake signal. (very easy to do but ILLEGAL in most states, just put in ground the wire)
2) Install the modified tmserverapp.apk (that you can find in the package)

I have a switch that grounds the ebrake, so the problem i dont think lies with the ebrake. Ive downloaded the modified apk i believe, but what do i do with it once it's on my phone? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 5/5/12
    Drivelink has been successfully modified and supports full mirroring!!

All donations are to be sent to the winning dev AuRoN89 via his PayPal address at:
    Sfdrago@libero.it

Also please include your confirmation number so that op maybe be updated and your name crossed from the list!!

For anyone that had a special request such as support for other phones/os, if your phone is still not supported by the modified apk it is your right to hold out on your donation until your request can be reached.

Modified app can be found here:
    http://www.colmoschinxtreme.com/android
    Which will also be updated with changelog, comp car units etc

Full screen mirrorlink is now supported in the latest Sony firmware. It is recommended to use this app "button savior" (no root required) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey
    To create virtual buttons much like a nexus device to make navigating possible while in full screen mode.

Thank you very much AuRoN89 as well as every other dev that took a stab at this project your hard work is very much appreciated!!!

Update: here is a link to the newest drivelink apk file. Please modify app so that full mirroring of phone is possible onto the indash display along with touch input from display panel.
    http://db.tt/yepFlXWB

Some contributors may not be participating in bounty as of this date as thread is kind of old. Full amount is not guaranteed. If bounty is claimed and found to be valid I will pm all contributors to request funds to be given to dev.

Stakeholders in this are:
    $20 djwilliams100 - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$20 Andre! - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$25 (£20) lodger GT-I9300 (Checkrom Ver 5.5, Siyah 1.6.3+) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 Evolmage ?

Paid---$20 Mharmon

Paid---$50 Pinzvidz (galaxy s3)

Paid---$100 Anivnm (galaxy s4)

Paid---$30 Olywa123 - GT-I9300 (Stock XXBLG8 ICS 4.0.4) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 cell128 - (SCH-I535 /cleanrom 6.2) - confirmation 2GR470456C6605348

Paid--- $30 laxity - (i9300/stock)- first release of DriveLink working with Alpine ICS-X8
    -----------------------------------
    Below for people that have requests that have not yet been met or have moved on since bounty thread was made

$20 mrjoshzombie (Model?) (CM10 Nightlies) - Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$30 shirazdindar - Galaxy S II Skyrocket (CM9)- Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$20 Texan_ranger - (i9100/ ?) AuRoN89 apk did not work on galaxy s2

$20 TheAngelus (HTC oneX) special circumstance: must work with other phones (HTC oneX)

$20 rossjevans - (HTC ONE X/CM10)

Total – $435 (~334.51 Euros)

Hello,
    I bought a new indash for my truck the Sony xav-601bt and it supports mirrorlink technology for gs3. Pretty much the unit becomes an extension of your phone all the way down to playing angry birds on it if you wanted to. However I cannot connect it and after searching and speaking to numerous Sony tech supports that had no freakin clue of what to do I found that Samsung neeeds to release the app for it to be compatible. If anyone has it or runs into it I would appreciate it if you posted it here. Its supposed to be released on 8/29 from a rumor I read. It goes by the name Samsung drive-link I believe. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I'm on it.

I've done some 6 or so hours of decrypting the code in this app and have managed some simple customization's but I have not yet found the piece that automatically switches back to the DriveLink app when you manage to get out of it into the android operating system. I'm thinking it could be part of the mirrorlink apk that comes preinstalled on the phone. I haven't had the chance to decompile it and look through it yet but I will try to do it tomorrow if someone can post a link to it or PM me, if not I'll just yank it off my phone. I own both a GS3 and the 601bt so I'd like to get this working as well. I'll try to keep you guys updated but my work on this will be limited to a few hours a day since my wife and I just had our first baby.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

FULL MIRRORING WORKING ON ALPINE ICS-X8

Video proof VERY SOON!

BIG THANKS TO DARIO WHICH SENT ME AN ALPINE ICS-X8!!!!!
    sooooo

anyone tried deodexing stock rom??

Ok I finally got this working the other day on a stock ROM without having to deodex. I used the following script to Odex the TMServerApp.apk to create a TMServerApp.odex for my stock ROM :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879128&highlight=denied

As there is a problem running some of the commands in the auto script I ran them manually until I found this link which was hidden in the original post :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31874711&postcount=57

It will require purchasing Chainfire's adbd Insecure v1.30 app as the standard Jelly Bean adbd doesn't allow most of the commands to be run in the Auto Odex script due to more security. Alternatively run the steps in the script manually like I did before I spotted the Chainfire modded adbd.

So now I have a fully odex'd version of the TMServerApp.apk installed and it now works with my Alpine ICS-X8 :)

I will be sending my donation shortly AuRoN89. Thanks for all your hard work on this.
    j0ep0 and I are going to collaborate and see if we can get this app tweaked the way we think it was intended to be run. I've setup a Github and plan on trying to convert the Smali files into a jar that can be compiled and easily changed. If anyone would like to contribute let be know in a PM. If you want a link the the github I'll post it up as well once we get the two files out there and are working.