[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL]

Search This thread

FadyGZ

Feb 26, 2014
Cairo
Thanks

thank you, I've downloaded and installed the rom, faced a bootloop for 3 times, but now it's okay I guess.. I only have one question, is image CRC in bootloader menu is the boot.img ? cause the phone at first was stuck on HTC logo till I did this image crc thing. if not, please advice me. thanks again :)

AtomosVE

Mar 9, 2011
have you ever noticed wifi data indicator is gone on 0308?

have you ever noticed wifi data indicator is gone on 0308?
mobile(3G) data indicator is still there... maybe upstream changes made this.
turning on and off Wi-Fi Optimization in advanced settings won't affect this.

we are using some local repos so some upstream changes could not affect our device...
anyway weird.. on Code gerrit and local repos either between weeks there aren't any changes about wifi indicators..

about loading screen not entirely black while In Call Ui. theres a few commits about this. still not merged yet

Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
IPv6 issues....

I have been playing around with IPv6 at home and have it working perfectly for my PC's over wired and wireless (I have my own /48 IPv6 address so have various networks all routed locally by a Layer-3 switch. With Android I am hitting issues. I have several devices - HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire S (both running CM11), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T210 and a generic Chinese Android 4.2.2 tablet. I seem to be hitting these issues detailed here .
With the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 running Android 4.1.2 there is no IPv6 connectivity at all when the screen is off (IPv4 works ok). With the two HTC devices as long as the device is in the local routers cache it works, however they disappear from the routers neighbour cache after a while when they go to 'sleep' because they don't respond to the RA messages within the neighbour discovery timers.

It seems these IPv6 issues have been around for ages and simply haven't been fixed by either Google or the device/WiFi hardware manufacturers.

Anyone else have these issues or know of any workarounds? My workaround at the moment is a separate SSID for Android devices that maps to a VLAN that isn't running IPv6 so all connectivity from any Android device is IPv4 only. Surely this is going to be a bigger issue as people begin to adopt IPv6?

Andy

___m0d_

Dec 17, 2010
Singapore
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
Actually I think there's a shortcut icon called rebooter. Not sure if it's only in Nova launcher only but basically it does what a long press on power button function does.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394380331791.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394380331791.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 576

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
thank you, I've downloaded and installed the rom, faced a bootloop for 3 times, but now it's okay I guess.. I only have one question, is image CRC in bootloader menu is the boot.img ? cause the phone at first was stuck on HTC logo till I did this image crc thing. if not, please advice me. thanks again :)

Image CRC just calculates CRC checksums for bootloader, boot and recovery partitions. It shouldn't write anything thus it's not fixing anything by itself. There must have been something else wrong.

KalZakath

Jan 31, 2012
BRZEG
I had a moment to make a snapshot release so here's the first beta release based on upstream M4. Nothing fancy, just different development branch. http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cm-11-m4-post-release-items

Thanks for all the contributions!

Download:
http://downloads.codefi.re/mustaavalkosta/cm-11-unofficial-ace/releases
http://goo.im/devs/Mustaavalkosta/cm-11-unofficial-ace/releases

Maybe it's only me but br1 is messed up. On each boot there's fc for phone, mms and acore and then phone is getting hot reboot. Dirty flash from 8 march nighly. Dirty flashing 0803 nightly agan helped.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Maybe it's only me but br1 is messed up. On each boot there's fc for phone, mms and acore and then phone is getting hot reboot. Dirty flash from 8 march nighly. Dirty flashing 0803 nightly agan helped.

You just "crossed the streams". :)
CM 11 M# releases are a code path that lags behind nightlies.

This means a few things:

-Nightlies have newer code than the M-releases
-You should be extra careful flashing an M build on top of a new nightly due to #1

In Practice

As the Ghostbusters would say, “Don’t cross the streams”. While this isn’t a hard-stop rule, it is still very apt advice to take into account. Let’s give you a real-world scenario.

M4 was branched for release last week – let’s use an easy date and say February 28th. This means all the code that exists in the stable/cm-11.0 branches on Github contain code 8 days old, with only bugfixes placed on top (or unstable features removed). This also means that any change merged in the last 8 days to the master ‘cm-11.0′ branch is not captured in the branch for M4. On March 2nd, we merged in some relatively sweeping telephony changes based on QCRIL (Qualcomm specific radio code) and the beginnings of Multi-SIM phone support. If you are using a nightly from March 2nd to today, you have this new code. If you flashed M4, you don’t. Simple enough right?

But what happens if you are on nightly March 7, for example, and then flash M4? In terms of code, you have just downgraded. Downgrading can be perfectly benign, or flat out make your phone unbootable. In the QCRIL example, if you downgraded you would see broken phone calls and radio behavior. This is one of the many reasons veteran users advocate making a backup before making any changes, and we’d echo that advice.

whiperhack

Feb 23, 2011
Clean flash the BR1 and indeed it solved my issue with the applying themes. Now the phone is not boot-looping after theme reboot.

jianC

Sep 3, 2013
Just want to say thanks for all the work you've done :) Really helpful to other device devs like me.

Last edited:

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
but I thought SR suppose to be better than BR :cool:

It is, alpha is the first letter in our alphabet(Greek, and it's pronounce as alpha(Α capital or α small letter), beta is the second(Β capital or β the small letter). Usually the stable version of a program is called Gold version

Special forces like Delta team(it's the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet and it's written Δ capital or δ small letter)

Now you know something more about the Greek language :p

----------------------

BR version is VERY solid(first observation), I didn't flash gapps and I didn't manage to get an FC ..yet - Nice! (previous versions without gapps I was getting ton of FC's)

playitlouder

May 1, 2011
Is this taking advantage ION/Project Butter now?

A mate is running an older nightly (few months) of this and the GPU drivers seem to be somehow messed up, you will notice that the onscreen content is not running as smooth as I am used to from other deices and Animations slow the device right down.
But it is rocking an 3.0 Kernel, so I ask myself why there is not much GPU action involved. GPU drivers too old?
:crying:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM11.0 Kitkat Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 and 10.1 nightlies. Builds are generated automatically on every first Saturday of the month. Process starts around 10:30 PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

InspireMod

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.7
    • Branch: cm-11.0
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: spade_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button at the bottom of the page)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:
    Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.
    A: Update your recovery to one that is compatible with new recovery functions. See the list below.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM11.0 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies / Releases [EOL], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenDesireProject

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: M12
    Beta Release Date: 2014-11-15

Created 2014-04-11
    Last Updated 2018-10-05
    Broken:
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=3662#bugReporter

Download mirror content:
    • extras (various tools for specific situations)
      • dexopt-data-only-signed.zip (moves system app dalvik cache to data partition, #1)
      • format_devlog-signed.zip (formats /devlog partition, #1)
      • lowram-signed.zip (turns on low ram system property, #1)
      • QuickSearchBox-installer-signed.zip (installs AOSP search app, #1)
    • nightlies (a directory for nightly builds)
    • plus (a directory for plus builds, #1)
    • releases (a directory for release builds)
    Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :p

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-3.0/commits/cm-11.0-wip
    https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy/commit/16ff8a6a2e3559bed6117239e645498a8d0d3692
    Now I'm off to bed. Workday tomorrow and damn it's 1:30 AM already. Please, don't cause thermonuclear wars while I sleep. kthxbye
    Proximity Recalibrator

So, I was hit by sudden inspiration to rework leppie's proximity recalibrator app to be a bit more up to the UI standards these days. While I was at it I refactored most of the code to be more readable, fixed some misc things etc. etc. and of course probably broke something so dead unicorns ahead once again. I will include this tool in the next nightly build as I see it as an extension to device settings so it's kind of natural part of the rom. If you want to hate me for adding 18kb of useless software you don't use, you are free to do so. I love you too.

I removed the old-looking zoom in/out widgets and just limited the seekbars between values 0 and 50. I haven't heard anyone going above 50 so max value 255 is a bit overkill. This way seekbar is actually usable.

Feedback is welcome as always.

Github: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android_packages_apps_ProximityRecalibrator

Also pic because otherwise it didn't happen:
    gQ6y7ys.png