[ROM][CM12.x][CM11.x]mastamoon's unofficial builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theraptscallion

Feb 7, 2009
Masta,

Any ideas on what could be causing the CM builds to no longer text out? I tried restoring nandroids back as far as 6 months (I'm a data hoarder) as well as installing CM10.1 and 10.2 officials and none can send more than one SMS without restarting/resetting airplane mode. Hangouts can't work around the problem, nor can any of the third party apps. I'm at my wits end with this one, as it works just fine with all three stock roms I've tried. I almost feel like Verizon is trying to block AOSP's sms push implementation on their end, since it's clearly not a software defect if it persists across so many previously functional versions.

TwistingSoul

Aug 9, 2013
Bountiful
Masta,

Any ideas on what could be causing the CM builds to no longer text out? I tried restoring nandroids back as far as 6 months (I'm a data hoarder) as well as installing CM10.1 and 10.2 officials and none can send more than one SMS without restarting/resetting airplane mode. Hangouts can't work around the problem, nor can any of the third party apps. I'm at my wits end with this one, as it works just fine with all three stock roms I've tried. I almost feel like Verizon is trying to block AOSP's sms push implementation on their end, since it's clearly not a software defect if it persists across so many previously functional versions.

I can honestly say that I haven't had the sms issue, just the wonky Wi-Fi one I documented.

Does a clean install without restoring a backup do anything to improve it? That's what eventually fixed my issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

dmginc

Apr 28, 2011
Chicago
I have been having a strange issue when I have no service, not sure if anyone else has seen this or not. My signal indicator rapidly changes between 0 service and full bars (but they're orange indicating no data connection), and I mean very rapidly. Also will randomly say I have a new voicemail while this is happening when I don't actually. It was also randomly saying that no SIM card was detected. Anyone else seeing this? This was underground on the train here in Chicago.

No issues in areas that I get decent service though.

EMERYfan1988

May 9, 2008
I can honestly say that I haven't had the sms issue, just the wonky Wi-Fi one I documented.

Does a clean install without restoring a backup do anything to improve it? That's what eventually fixed my issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

this may be a shot in the dark, but i was experiencing the sms issue. did a full wipe and reinstall fixed my issues. but upon my full wipe as i was waiting for titanium to restore my shizz i got to thinking could it of been WhisperPush wigging out?

i had WhisperPush on before when i was experiencing issues? have not turned it on yet since wipe.

theraptscallion

Feb 7, 2009
this may be a shot in the dark, but i was experiencing the sms issue. did a full wipe and reinstall fixed my issues. but upon my full wipe as i was waiting for titanium to restore my shizz i got to thinking could it of been WhisperPush wigging out?

i had WhisperPush on before when i was experiencing issues? have not turned it on yet since wipe.

I thought that might be the issue as well but couldn't find a way to turn it off. I tried freezing the WhisperPush ask as well as outright deleting it.

All of my installs have been after formatting system and wiping. I haven't gone back to Ics builds yet, but the problem arises seconds after a fresh install before restoring any apps and without enabling WhisperPush. I even tried forgoing Gapps for some of my testing. No effect. Now it's back to TouchWiz for the first time in almost 2 years.

zcmack

Oct 4, 2010
Milwaukee
clean flashed the build from 2/26 yesterday. everything seemed great for the first 24 hours but now i can't connect to data. wifi works fine but when i drop off I don't get LTE or 3G. I tried toggling data and my network mode. Any other suggestions? My girlfriend's iPhone is connected to LTE so it isn't network issues.

same thing happened again today. left my phone in the locker room (no service) and when i came back, it wouldn't connect to data anymore (orange bars showing but no data connection). i do not have the SMS issue. what is the APN issue being referenced?

neolink1

Dec 28, 2010
I thought that might be the issue as well but couldn't find a way to turn it off. I tried freezing the WhisperPush ask as well as outright deleting it.

All of my installs have been after formatting system and wiping. I haven't gone back to Ics builds yet, but the problem arises seconds after a fresh install before restoring any apps and without enabling WhisperPush. I even tried forgoing Gapps for some of my testing. No effect. Now it's back to TouchWiz for the first time in almost 2 years.

What version of TW are you using, is there an official kitkat one?

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

same thing happened again today. left my phone in the locker room (no service) and when i came back, it wouldn't connect to data anymore (orange bars showing but no data connection). i do not have the SMS issue. what is the APN issue being referenced?

When I flashed 3/5 my phone constantly showed a pop-up with "No APN on this device" or something like that. I didn't stay long on the build, and restored a nandroid. Issue went away.

zcmack

Oct 4, 2010
Milwaukee
tried clearing cache and my data didn't come back. i restored a backup and now it is working fine. i expect it will happen again - is there anything i could or should be doing to capture a log for this issue? it seems that when data is toggled off and then back on an IP address can no longer be assigned.

lostwhat83

Apr 19, 2009
No APN specified on the device is driving me crazy. I reset APN defaults, created a new one with recommended Verizon APN settings. Still nothing, i even reflashed lastest build.

fluffman86

May 29, 2008
Voice+ appears to be busted in the 03/05 and 03/07 builds. My SMS in Hangouts are going out on my mobile number instead of my Google Voice number, costing me 20-ish cents a pop. :(

I think it may have started after someone texted my old mobile number. Now I've received SMSs on Google Voice, and they don't show up in Hangouts at all (even after wiping system / cache / dalvik and the app data for voice / voice plus / hangouts). At one point I wiped and some of the old messages showed up, so I responded to one that definitely came to my G Voice number, and it still went to them on my mobile number.

I've of course checked the settings in Hangouts itself. It lists my Google Voice number first, followed my my mobile number. If I click to verify the number, I can type in my google voice number again but it still doesn't work.

Going to try the official next and see if that changes anything.

Edit: Think this is part of the d2vzw vs lte change? I can't install an old d2vzw from february. acore and phone start force closing and I can't do anything. I don't have a recent nandroid (last one was january, woops) and it takes hours to get everything set up like I like it if I do a full wipe. :'(

Edit 2: Found this issue here as well: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/89591-voice-issue-in-nightlies-342014-and-on/

Last edited:

BrwnSuperman

Nov 17, 2010
beercountclan.clanservers.com
No APN specified on the device is driving me crazy. I reset APN defaults, created a new one with recommended Verizon APN settings. Still nothing, i even reflashed lastest build.

Fixed this in Hangouts -> Settings -> SMS -> Access point names

Name: Verizon
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MMX Proxy: not set
MMS Port: not set
MCC: 310 (or whatever you have default here)
MNC: 002 (or whatever you have default here)

TwistingSoul

Aug 9, 2013
Bountiful
Fixed this in Hangouts -> Settings -> SMS -> Access point names

Name: Verizon
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MMX Proxy: not set
MMS Port: not set
MCC: 310 (or whatever you have default here)
MNC: 002 (or whatever you have default here)

This worked like a charm! Thank you!

However, I still have the toast message about no APN specified for my device, but as long as I can get MMS messages, I can live with that for the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts