[APP][1.4.9] RECENT - makes finding your latest photos, downloads, apps easy!

Search This thread

nativeridge

Jan 9, 2013
Perth
GUI OPTION - choice to open as default from app opening

Kudos, what a great app and I love the interface from floating icon...

I would really like to see an option to open the pie interface direct from app press

I just don't like having the floating icon on screen after closing

Plus would like to set a gesture on NOVA LAUNCHER to have that gui appear, would be perfect

great job and thanks again

rosew1988

Mar 4, 2014
Kudos, what a great app and I love the interface from floating icon...

I would really like to see an option to open the pie interface direct from app press

I just don't like having the floating icon on screen after closing

Plus would like to set a gesture on NOVA LAUNCHER to have that gui appear, would be perfect

great job and thanks again

New Version, will create a shortcut to open the pie interface, you can update from google play. Your suggestion about the gesture is very good, we will try to do that.
Thank you very much.

nativeridge

Jan 9, 2013
Perth
Awesome apps have awesome developers, you are definitely in that class, well done again to all of you

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk

Made an icon design as a thankyou :D

FIXED GREEN SECTION, ORIGINAL NOT ALIGNED CORRECTLY
fmbe6la.png

NO TEXT
X2EQ5et.png

3EMpxTx.png

Last edited:
Reactions: m0han and uuOuu

rosew1988

Mar 4, 2014
Amazing! Can't believe this hasn't gotten a lot more attention.

A suggestion - perhaps you could see if it's possible to directly launch apps that you want?
like how the T9 app dialer works, but the app dialer can be launched directly from the floating window..

and of course, the ability for this to stay on top of all apps

Your suggesions very good, we will try to do these.
Thanks very much.

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
I usually don't comment but this app has SO MUCH potential.

1. Change the percent of floating icon that is displayed. For instance it will auto-hide 50% of the icon to the left of screen. (Kinda like in floating notification app).

2. Ability to change the opacity of floating icon.

3. Ability to change the look of floating icon. (Few different and nice looking floating icon choices).

4. Ability to change floating icon size.

5. Besides the current 4 tabs (Install, Download, Photos and Apps) there should be a new tab called "Favorite" where you can set preset apps, pictures, folder location, website links (like reddit.com) etc.

6. Download just simply doesn't show things located in "Storage/sdcard0/Downloads" folder but it shows ALL things I've downloaded. (For instanc myATT app's download location, Xposed installer's download location:- for apps that save downloads in their own cache folder rather than the actual Download folder).

7. Blackslist and Whitelist. (For instance I don't certain apps from showing up in recent apps list like Google play services and I also don't want certain pictures / files in download folder showing up too).

8. Recent notification tab. (Sometimes I by mistake clear notification from notification panel. So it would be nice to see last 5 or 10 notifications)

@uuOuu what you think? Maybe make some of those features premium or in app purchase :)

Dear Walter.White, your suggestions are really good idea, we discussed this list, and some features about floating icon are on our schedule, other items are on our requirement list.

Census Taker

Jun 7, 2008
Chinnor
I am a member of the development team.

On my tablet (Nexus 7), it works very well, you can try.

Curious. On my Note 10.1 running stock rooted odexed JB 4.1 it works very well in portrait mode, but in landscape mode the pie looses the top and bottom of the outter circle and when the main screen is opened, only the top two boxes of the square are fully visible. The bottom two are cut off. Looks like a scaling problem I guess.

I haven't been able to get screen shots as, when I touch the screen to trigger the shot, the pie closes. :confused:

Michael B.N.

Apr 25, 2011
Silkeborg
Does anybody else than me experience battery drain with this app? It takes about 10 % of my battery so I've deleted it again to make sure if this is the key to my problem.

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk

rosew1988

Mar 4, 2014
Curious. On my Note 10.1 running stock rooted odexed JB 4.1 it works very well in portrait mode, but in landscape mode the pie looses the top and bottom of the outter circle and when the main screen is opened, only the top two boxes of the square are fully visible. The bottom two are cut off. Looks like a scaling problem I guess.

I haven't been able to get screen shots as, when I touch the screen to trigger the shot, the pie closes. :confused:

The issue you mentioned will be improved as soon as possible.
Thanke you very much.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Does anybody else than me experience battery drain with this app? It takes about 10 % of my battery so I've deleted it again to make sure if this is the key to my problem.

Sendt fra min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk

So sorry.
When we test did not appear such circumstance. A typical case, you might think.
We will try to improve it.

Reactions: Census Taker

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
by the way, we are updating the app on Google Play, but it requires some time to finish the process.
you can download the new version directly via the dropbox link. :)

CharlesPeng

Mar 4, 2014
RECENT now comes to its 1.4.1 version.

What's New?
1. Fixed bug of displaying an oversize floating window while device works with landscape mode;
2. Optimized application floating icon;
Many thanks to ID @nativeridge, who is a member of XDA-Developer forum
3. Shrinked size of apk file to 1.6 MB
4. Optimized power consumption

The icon is more beatiful

ineedone

Oct 18, 2012
Asten
Just tested your latest version. I like the quick open icon , but maybe it's an idea if you combine the two icons, quick icon and recent icon. I mean the icon opens the pie and long pressing the inner circle opens the folder view, so no need to switch to icon in app drawer to open viewer or other way around. Also is it possible to include the DCIM folder for pictures. Great work, thanks

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

rosew1988

Mar 4, 2014

Hi, Census Taker
‘Recent’ upgrade new version on google play, you can try again. Now, it also works very well in landscape mode.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Just tested your latest version. I like the quick open icon , but maybe it's an idea if you combine the two icons, quick icon and recent icon. I mean the icon opens the pie and long pressing the inner circle opens the folder view, so no need to switch to icon in app drawer to open viewer or other way around. Also is it possible to include the DCIM folder for pictures. Great work, thanks

Hi, ineedone
Your suggestion is very good, but long press operation is not easy to know, not obvious. Maybe we need do some guidance to prompt the user. Have any advice? About the dcim folder for pictures, we will include it.

Thanks!

Reactions: ineedone

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013

1. Change the percent of floating icon that is displayed. For instance it will auto-hide 50% of the icon to the left of screen. (Kinda like in floating notification app).

3. Ability to change the look of floating icon. (Few different and nice looking floating icon choices).

5. Besides the current 4 tabs (Install, Download, Photos and Apps) there should be a new tab called "Favorite" where you can set preset apps, pictures, folder location, website links (like reddit.com) etc.

6. Download just simply doesn't show things located in "Storage/sdcard0/Downloads" folder but it shows ALL things I've downloaded. (For instanc myATT app's download location, Xposed installer's download location:- for apps that save downloads in their own cache folder rather than the actual Download folder).

7. Blackslist and Whitelist. (For instance I don't certain apps from showing up in recent apps list like Google play services and I also don't want certain pictures / files in download folder showing up too).

8. Recent notification tab. (Sometimes I by mistake clear notification from notification panel. So it would be nice to see last 5 or 10 notifications)

@uuOuu what you think? Maybe make some of those features premium or in app purchase :)

Hi Walter.White
You can tell me the more apps need include in 'Recent Download', you and you friends frequently used. About these apps, please tell me the links on google play. We will include these cache folder, if we find their own cache folder.

Michael B.N.

Apr 25, 2011
Silkeborg
Unfortunately I'm still having huge battery drain with this great app installed.

Without the app and with my phone laying unused on the table the battery normally lose 1-3% per hour. With this app installed it's 8-12% per hour. I've tried two times to install the app and delete it again so I'm pretty sure the battery drain is related to this app.

Is anybody else experiencing this or is it a problem relating to my phone, my ROM, my other apps or something else specific on my phone!?!?

uuOuu

Oct 24, 2013
Unfortunately I'm still having huge battery drain with this great app installed.

Without the app and with my phone laying unused on the table the battery normally lose 1-3% per hour. With this app installed it's 8-12% per hour. I've tried two times to install the app and delete it again so I'm pretty sure the battery drain is related to this app.

Is anybody else experiencing this or is it a problem relating to my phone, my ROM, my other apps or something else specific on my phone!?!?

So sorry, we will do our best to solve the question. Please contact me via e-mail, we will send a new version to you.
We e-mail address: toma2013.corporation@gmail.com

ineedone

Oct 18, 2012
Asten
Hi, Census Taker
‘Recent’ upgrade new version on google play, you can try again. Now, it also works very well in landscape mode.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Hi, ineedone
Your suggestion is very good, but long press operation is not easy to know, not obvious. Maybe we need do some guidance to prompt the user. Have any advice? About the dcim folder for pictures, we will include it.

Thanks!

Think a simple tutorial in one of the initial screens could do the job..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, have you ever missed your downloaded files on mobile? or can not find out the pictures downloaded/shoot recently? or missed your fingure in messy apps icons in the screen?

RECENT makes finding your latest photos, downloads, apps easy!

Update logs
    version 1.4.9 @ May 15th

Support French, Russian, Dutch, and Portuguese(Brazil) languages

Many thanks to contribution from @mathieuj, @gaich, @martinusbe, @RBDoMGaM

Download:
    Link at GP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toma.lastest
    Link at dropbox:https://www.dropbox.com/s/2s3y945mgw3g477/recent_v1.4.9.apk

Recent_guideline_01.jpgRecent_guideline_02.jpg

Official introduction of the app:

Find out recent downloads, group recently accessed apps, manage photos shot in recent time, and point you the recently installed apps, Recent works as your free apps manager, file assistant, and also good productivity utility.

Recent brings all of recently accessed applications, photos, and downloads to your fingertips with a handy and user-friendly radial menu.

Recent on media:
    "Keep Track of Your Recent Apps, Downloads, and Pictures with… Recent" --- XDA Developers

Highlights of Recent - free manager:
    ☆ Friendly radial menu: Sort and group applications, photos, and downloads by create/use time in an user-friendly GUI.
    ☆ Floating desktop icon: Quick access to launch Recent's redial menu and manage apps, photos, and downloads.

Features of Recent - FREE APP MANAGER
    ☆ Group recently accessed applications
    Smartly groups apps by frequency of access, and helps to find out the one you need in simple and quick finger touch.
    ☆ Point out recently installed applications
    Sort applications by installation time, and presents you an easy way to access and manage apps recently installed.

Features of Recent - FREE FILE MANAGER
    ☆ Donwload Manager - find out recent downloads
    Rank all downloads on device by download time, and to your fingertips.
    ☆ Photo Manager - manage photos shot in recent time
    Group all photos on deivece by create time, and show you the most recent ones on friendly radial menu.

Stay connected!
    Join our discussion on XDA-Developer forum: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2669327
    Join our Facebook conmunity: https://www.facebook.com/tomitools
    Join our Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/109783026491204719193

Download
    Current version: 1.4.9

Please give it a try, and share your ideas here.
    Any ideas are welcomed to the team.

Many thanks to contributions from:
    @willverduzco, @Walter.White, @Michael B.N., @Horcza, @lesliescott06, @ineedone, @Willy318is, @hugobitola, @Kilokk, @nativeridge @mathieuj, @gaich, @martinusbe, @RBDoMGaM

Recent_dial-up_menu_manage_installed_applications.jpg

Changelog:
    version 1.4.9 @ May 15th

version 1.4.8 @ May 4th
    Support Native Turkish Language

version 1.4.7 @ April 15
    1.Fixed "Quick Open" bug.

version 1.4.6 @ April 11
    1.Fixed bug that sometimes duplicate show certain apps.
    2.Fixed floating widget crash.

version 1.4.5 @ April 4
    1.New walkthrough, much simpler and more attractive.
    2.Fixed shortcut bug that “Quick open” not display in "smart launcher”.

version 1.4.4 @ April 2
    1.Ignore list support for you don't want certain apps in recent install/apps showing up.
    2.Fixed floating widget bug that sometimes start very slow.

version 1.4.3 @ March 25
    1.Gesture support for floating widget.
    2.Notification bar support for floating widget.
    3.Ability to close anonymous usage statistics.
    4.Optimize floating widget.
    5.Fix floating icon bug that sometimes can't be closed.
    6.Optimize settings.

version 1.4.2 @ March 21
    1.Optimization of battery consumption, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2689165.
    2.Filter the updated apps in the installed list.
    3.Optimize floating icon.

version 1.4.1 @ March17
    1. Fixed bug of displaying an oversize floating window while device works with landscape mode.
    2. Optimized application floating icon.
    3. Shrinked size of apk file to 1.6 MB.
    4. Optimized power consumption.

version 1.4.0 @ March 14
    1. Optimized animation of floating icon.
    2. Added settings to close floating icon on screen.
    3. Fixed bug of cannot displaying default English GUI.

Recent comes to its v1.4.9 now

version 1.4.9 @ May 15th[/B]

Many thanks to contribution from @mathieuj, @gaich, @martinusbe, @RBDoMGaM

Download:
    Awesome apps have awesome developers, you are definitely in that class, well done again to all of you

Sent from my Find 5 using Tapatalk

Made an icon design as a thankyou :D

FIXED GREEN SECTION, ORIGINAL NOT ALIGNED CORRECTLY
    fmbe6la.png

NO TEXT
    X2EQ5et.png

3EMpxTx.png
    good app,it can find my files easier
    seems still have some bugs