[OFFICIAL]VANIR & COMMOTIO for GEE [LINARO][O3][GCC-4.8]

Search This thread

TheNamesQ

Oct 8, 2012
16.03 Vanir build has Active display bug. For example, when sms notification is dismissed on active display and the phone should go to sleep, active display turns back on with another sms icon, when dismissing that it comes back again without any icon and keeps doing that forever after dismissing.

Last edited:

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
off to my 2nd day with 3.10 ROM + glitch 4 kernel + 3.15 banks gapps.

no reboots; no freezes; camera, bluetooth, wifi, mobile data all working as they should.

weird thing is, when my batt level reached 19%, phone suddenly shut down. I tried pressing power button but to no avail. so I plugged my charger & after sometime my phone went back on with batt percentage starting off with 1%.

dt2w & s2w seem to dont respond when coming from a deep sleep so I have to press power button to wake my phone. and after that dt2w & s2w functions normally again.

also, glitch 4 kernel settings went back to its defaults after coming from a reboot.

But I must say, this is by far the most stable Vanir setup I have been to. Kudos to the devs for a great job done.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda-developers app

Reactions: MitoTakatori

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
off to my 2nd day with 3.10 ROM + glitch 4 kernel + 3.15 banks gapps.

no reboots; no freezes; camera, bluetooth, wifi, mobile data all working as they should.

weird thing is, when my batt level reached 19%, phone suddenly shut down. I tried pressing power button but to no avail. so I plugged my charger & after sometime my phone went back on with batt percentage starting off with 1%.

dt2w & s2w seem to dont respond when coming from a deep sleep so I have to press power button to wake my phone. and after that dt2w & s2w functions normally again.

also, glitch 4 kernel settings went back to its defaults after coming from a reboot.

But I must say, this is by far the most stable Vanir setup I have been to. Kudos to the devs for a great job done.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda-developers app

Thank you for the feed back. I am on build 0318 (the latest in the dl page) + glitch 4 gee kernel + DHO GAPPS and PA GAPPS.

All seems fine except with the same battery issue that when reaching a certain point, shuts down the phone. On my case I know it's the battery itself since it's bloated. I don't know if the same will happen if I have the new battery.

So far all works fine also, I have not tried the screen wake part yet. And the setting in kernel really reverts back.

Reactions: hpesojames

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
Thank you for the feed back. I am on build 0318 (the latest in the dl page) + glitch 4 gee kernel + DHO GAPPS and PA GAPPS.

All seems fine except with the same battery issue that when reaching a certain point, shuts down the phone. On my case I know it's the battery itself since it's bloated. I don't know if the same will happen if I have the new battery.

So far all works fine also, I have not tried the screen wake part yet. And the setting in kernel really reverts back.

How do you know you're battery is bloated?

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013

I think there's also a slight battery bloat already on my G! :( I noticed that on the lower left side of the back of my phone. I'll see if my phone shuts off again upon reaching a certain low battery level.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Vanir nightlies
    It the same as the sprint variant and will be lableled "gee"
    http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/gee/

Gapps
    Banks gapps: http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2 use standard

xboxfanj kernel: http://d-h.st/users/xboxfanj

ROM Source: https://github.com/VanirAOSP
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/xboxfanj/kernel_msm

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==

COMMOTIO

Commotio + Vanir Features:
    -geehrc
    -based off Vanir 4.4.2

Status Bar
    - Quick Setting including numerous customizations
    - Customize clock display and location, customize signal bar
    - % displayed in battery + circle mod
    - Transparency

Navigation Bar
    - Customizable buttons + colors
    - Customizable height + width
    - Navi Ring
    - Transparency

Lockscreen
    - Fully customizable targets/rotation/widgets/ and more
    - Transparency

General Tweaks
    - Ad blocking
    - PIE: with extended options
    - Tablet UI Chooser
    - DPI/LCD changer + force tablet settings mode
    - Theme Chooser: Including inverted theme
    - Galaxy Nexus Parts
    - ADB over network
    - Bravia Engine 2.0
    - Custom Carrier text
    - Custom backlight
    - Expanded Desktop: with different modes
    - Extended Power menu
    - A-GPS. - Kang PrimeDirective –> Credit happily1986
    - Long press back to kill (in developer options)

Application Tweaks
    - Expanded Phone: noise reduction, advanced settings, speaker proximity
    - Expanded MMS including Quick Emoji
    - Camera: Enhanced settings (credit CM)
    - Functional Sound Recorder
    - Koush’s Superuser
    - Vanir Keyboard – removed tracking/logging – highly optimized

Performance Manager- Processor governor + speed
    - Voltage control
    - I/o Scheduler
    - Disable boot animation
    - Enhance recent menu

Sound
    - Beats Audio
    - Quiet Hours
    - DSP Manager included (Credit CM)
    - Volume wake / rocker music controld
    - Rewritten Speaker proximity designed for Commotio/Vanir

Debloated
    - All inclusive ~180 MB –> 60 MB of Bloat removed
    - Fully featured LatinIME Keyboard, but only 2.2 MB (normally 16-20 MB), removed tracking/logging
    - And soo much more

Butter
    - Compiled with linaro keychain.
    - Optimized with linaro 4.3
    - GCC 4.8 w/ -O3 -fstrict-aliasing AKA highly optimized compiling for better results (like Linaro)
    - Vanir.cfg – Set your CPU frequencies, colors, ZRAM, and much more. Set and once and forget; it stays on your SD card
    - DHOtheory: Sets up the kernel/ROM the way I like it, then self destructs on first boot, so you can change it later
    - Go-faster Axiom scripts
    - Vanirice – makes everything just a bit smooth
    - For every 1 user settings there are 5 power saving + performance tweaks tweaks

Theme
    - TRIAGE theme – (Inspiration DroidTh3ory)

Latest Version: B64 nightlies changes daily or every other day
    Changelog: is right beside the download

Commotio Downloads:
    It is the same as the sprint variant and will be labeled "gee"
    http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/

Gapps
    Banks gapps: http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2 use standard

My kernel (based on AK with optimizations and extra features from ShowP1984, faux123, franciscofranco, morfic, poondog, and more): http://d-h.st/users/xboxfanj

Install: Easy as 1, 2, 3
    Everything is taken care of for you. No need to wipe cache.
    1) Download
    2) Flash it
    3) Profit

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL]VANIR & COMMOTIO for GEE [LINARO][O3][GCC-4.8], a ROM for the LG Optimus G

Contributors
    xboxfanj, goast
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-01-07
    Last Updated 2014-02-26
    Camera mod is now baked into the ROM.
    B19 kernel will have it. Also added Francisco Franco's touchboost.
    OK GUYS COMMOTIO IS NOW LIVE AND OFFICIAL!!! GET IT WHILE ITS HOT!!!! Thanks go to @DHO and @xboxfanj
    Man, but you can't say that in that way, I was trying and testing every builds from Derek who's the main developer and owner of vanir. Using all Kevin's repo in 5 or more different builds with no results giving him all the changelogs that I could. Actually I'm a noob and don't have the knowledge of Kevin, Jake or Derek got, but I'll try to make Resurrection remix