May 25, 2013
Still
Fingers_Crossed_emoticon.gif

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
Mate we already have that... SystemUI by serajr, new apps aren't problem too

We need kernel support from Sony

- this device is 7month old and has almost everything like Z2...
What Sony did? Leave great camera with crappie half finished software...I won't even bother to say everything else.

If I need new "skin" I will theme my ROM.

We paid too much money to have new skin on device powered by S800 and that kind of camera...

We all know what Z1 can - so, KK (if stayed like announced) will be piece if sh**.

That's my opinion, it's OK if you don't agree but to pay device 800$ and see something like this is incredible...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Let's first wait for the update to actually arrive before we start saying what is wrong, m'kay?

Reactions: DeKubus

artpra

Jan 1, 2014
Changelog is saying that there are some improvements both to the application and camera itself (drivers?).

Luinwethion

Mar 17, 2010
Delft

What Sony did? Leave great camera with crappie half finished software...I won't even bother to say everything else.

We paid too much money to have new skin on device powered by S800 and that kind of camera...

We all know what Z1 can - so, KK (if stayed like announced) will be piece if sh**.

That's my opinion, it's OK if you don't agree but to pay device 800$ and see something like this is incredible...

Crap camera software?

You know the only change between the Z1 and Z2 are some gimmicks features, like 4K and Slow Motion... Maybe a small change in white balance when using superior auto, but the Sony post processing remains the same as the Z1 and the Z... Maybe a Galaxy phone can take "better" pictures for many people, but what I see from my mothers S4 is indeed less noise, but also lees detail, some blurry pictures and they're all blown out if you're using flash.

So, don't think the Z2 camera will be much better than the Z1, I saw a few pictures from both phones, and they are very similar, with all Sony goodies and "flaws".

Sony officially confirmed what's new, so it's not guessing.

And for that comment - you bought device knowing it won't get 4K - maybe you did that, I didn't.
I informed myself before buying.

It's not problem in 4K but if someone don't get it - his problem.
It's not hard to understand what I wrote.

Sony has new approach and (for me-it's not good).

It's OK when you say KK can't go to Xperia S (even that's a lie but OK, KK would work better then JB) but to do something like this?! WFT?

If you don't understand what I'm talking about - wait for KK and then tell me are you satisfied.

And what you expected from kitkat???

It's just a new version of Android, with some new features, like immersive mode (the only thing I really want from KK), ans Sony has a new version of it's UI and applications... No one ever said things about getting 4K or other Z2 features.

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Deleted

Pointless

You will soon have KK and I hipe everyone will be satisfied with it.

zOOOOmer

May 4, 2010
Moscow
Crap camera software?

You know the only change between the Z1 and Z2 are some gimmicks features, like 4K and Slow Motion... Maybe a small change in white balance when using superior auto, but the Sony post processing remains the same as the Z1 and the Z... Maybe a Galaxy phone can take "better" pictures for many people, but what I see from my mothers S4 is indeed less noise, but also lees detail, some blurry pictures and they're all blown out if you're using flash.

So, don't think the Z2 camera will be much better than the Z1, I saw a few pictures from both phones, and they are very similar, with all Sony goodies and "flaws".

Slow Motion is not a gimmick. And if Sony won't implement properly Slow Motion in Z1 update, we'll probably will stuck with half working port which has 60 frames per second cap(Z2 has 120).
And don't even start about "tap2wake" and "glovemode" being gimmick, pls

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
Guys, it doesn't make sense for Sony to release all their new features with the Z1. My theory is that they released this update to make Z1 users happy, and will release a big update later on with some of the Z2's features once the Z2 is out. Don't give up hope yet.

GR00VY GH0ULIE

Mar 11, 2014
Coquitlam
No SUS, PCC or Ota in Canada... Sigh. Wasn't really expecting just yet but still slightly disappointed! ;)

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

benziii

Mar 4, 2010
Lillestrøm

As I got the phone at launch, I feel I have been waiting quite some time myself.
I just hope that by ca. end of april I will have mine set up with all my mods and apps ( and ofc doomkernel which I can't live without).
Then be done with firmware updating.
If things are still a bit hit and miss on 4.4 when we enter May, I only see two choices:
Either get the z2, or go back to .257.
I'm certainly not getting the z2.

It's so sad too, they did so many things right.
They are like a great football team withouth any strikers to bring it all home.

Before, I was pretty certain that I would end up with whatever flagship they would release by the end of the year, now all I see is fog.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
On Polish Sony website you can read "updated camera and tweaked camera functioning" - my translation.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: B1nny

Ame123

Dec 30, 2012

On sonys blog they have mentioned that updated camera app for improved camera experience..

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk

Gnubaver

Apr 19, 2011
If i upgrade to Kitkat, is it easy to just go back to 4.3?

Or do i need to root or unlock bootloader just to downgrade to stock 4.3?

Luinwethion

Mar 17, 2010
Delft
Slow Motion is not a gimmick. And if Sony won't implement properly Slow Motion in Z1 update, we'll probably will stuck with half working port which has 60 frames per second cap(Z2 has 120).
And don't even start about "tap2wake" and "glovemode" being gimmick, pls

And again, we all were happy with our Z1 with out slow motion (I'm sure, I will just use it once and no more) and all those other features... We bought the phone knowing all it's features.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have it on our Z1... But if they don't implement... we will just have to live with the stock firmware or install mods if you really want those features... But they never said the Z1 would get all Z2 features, like they did with the Z when they said the Z would get the Z1 camera software.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Exactly...it's normal to expect new features on something like this (Z1), I can understand they have to sell Z2 but that doesn't mean they should release KK others where yoy can't tell are you on 4.3 or 4.4.

If supporting for 18 months means - you'll get only base from Google then that's nothing...

Top Liked Posts