4.4 deep sleep battery titanium backup

Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
@Vaith @randymess He's telling everyone that titanium could be causing a possible wake lock. Why bash him for that?

In fact why bash anyone? There's no contribution when your comment is negative, it helps no body and solves nothing, just a little ego boost for yourself.

KitKat is a new base for us and any issue or thought is helpful, don't just knock someone for attempting to contribute, whether you agree with it or not.

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry
Thanks dladz,

Was a force stop on titanium rather than I'm just stopping using it.

And yes I thought new firmware and lots of people suffering from poor battery life

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: dlads

Haleem98

Nov 28, 2013
@Vaith @randymess He's telling everyone that titanium could be causing a possible wake lock. Why bash him for that?

In fact why bash anyone? There's no contribution when your comment is negative, it helps no body and solves nothing, just a little ego boost for yourself.

KitKat is a new base for us and any issue or thought is helpful, don't just knock someone for attempting to contribute, whether you agree with it or not.

Quick question. Have you got 4.4 Kit Kat on your Z1 yet?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
@dladz You absolutely right, I remember one thread started by you, it was closed due the hijacking against you for some reason, happen to me too many times, it's like something what we are saying irritate people.

We should be friends! lol :D

Reactions: dlads

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Thanks dladz,

And yes I thought new firmware and lots of people suffering from poor battery life.

It's cool man, i got shot down the other day, theres no need for it.

I've heard quite a bit of people complaining about battery life along with a load of other issues, I had it on my phone for a few days but I ended up going back to 4.3 for my own reasons, I just found it a little more stable.

A full wipe would fix more than it's fair share of issues that people are having.

(not saying you didn't :) )

:)

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Had it and reverted back to 4.3 mate, i'll get it again but for now i'm more than happy with 4.3, it works as i've come to expect it to.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

@dladz You absolutely right, I remember one thread started by you, it was closed due the hijacking against you for some reason, happen to me too many times, it's like something what we are saying irritate people.

Haha, no worries :)

I asked for it to be closed as it was just going round and round.

I think the problem with a place like XDA isn't the concept of what XDA is all about, it's the mix of cultures and what some people deem acceptable behaviour, others may not.

I tend to take most of it with a pinch of salt but some people are just plain vindictive.

I've been on XDA and before that Villain Rom since the beginning of Android, it's supposed to be a place to help one another not bark orders or belittle someone because they either don't understand something or misunderstood something.

At least that's the way I think of it.

I'm not a saint either but I'd sooner help someone than make them look like a spoon. ;)

Also i'm not alone in that thought, some of the people who i've met on here have been absolute legends and would do anything to help, far too many people to name but they know who they are. :)

Last edited:

Haleem98

Nov 28, 2013

I've heard quite a bit of people complaining about battery life along with a load of other issues, I had it on my phone for a few days but I ended up going back to 4.3 for my own reasons, I just found it a little more stable.

A full wipe would fix more than it's fair share of issues that people are having.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Had it and reverted back to 4.3 mate, i'll get it again but for now i'm more than happy with 4.3, it works as i've come to expect it to.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

I think the problem with a place like XDA isn't the concept of what XDA is all about, it's the mix of cultures and what some people deem acceptable behaviour, others may not.

I tend to take most of it with a pinch of salt but some people are just plain vindictive.

I've been on XDA and before that Villain Rom since the beginning of Android, it's supposed to be a place to help one another not bark orders or belittle someone because they either don't understand something or misunderstood something.

I'm not a saint either but I'd sooner help someone than make them look like a spoon. ;)

Also i'm not alone in that thought, some of the people who i've met on here have been absolute legends and would do anything to help, far too many people to name but they know who they are. :)

Nah I mean like how did you get it on your phone? Via flashing it? If so does it work properly. Because I know it's not out on PC companion just yet, in the UK.

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
They say some apps are causing drain on Kit Kat due to them trying to access the Sd card and failing due to the new sd card restrictions

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

drsoran2

Apr 25, 2011
Germany
It really sound like a stupid move from Google.

They probably didn't even think about this possibility. But since the dawn of Android it was a common feature that every app can write and access the SD card at will and if this is not possible, these apps are stuck and in a loop constantly trying to get access and this drains the battery faster than broken tyre loses air.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
They probably didn't even think about this possibility. But since the dawn of Android it was a common feature that every app can write and access the SD card at will and if this is not possible, these apps are stuck and in a loop constantly trying to get access and this drains the battery faster than broken tyre loses air.

I know, this was clear to me, but how such a cracked mind do that without even think about it? Thousand scientist and engineers working on it. I really hate how they try to put us in this way, by force, trying to globalized all the devices as iPhones.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
FTF for?

Also I don't want to root my phone. Imma just wait for the original update

Yea m8, using flashtool you don't need to root your phone for that.

All part of the flashing process.

You don't need to root your phone nor unlock the bootloader to flash an FTF file.

it's simply a case of choosing the correct model number and just flash away (mostly)

You can always return to stock and you can always get back to where you was.

This is one of the greatest things about the Z1 i've found, i had a HTC One previously and i missed how you could flash rom's without the need to use a PC but with the Z1 it's so much easier to get back and remove root.

Sorry forgot to mention, obviously flash the correct type of FTF if you ever do, if you've never done it before then research it until you understand what youre about to do.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hi guys

just a little tip

was using titanium backup and had a notification that it was causing deep sleep to not occur.

stopped titanium and now have deep sleep, better battery etc
    Thanks dladz,

And yes I thought new firmware and lots of people suffering from poor battery life.

Someone here don't know how to use brain... What is wrong with you?

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Thanks dladz,

And yes I thought new firmware and lots of people suffering from poor battery life