253.1 KB · Views: 6,040
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 5,607
Last edited:
Reactions: Alabast and da900

adichandra

May 3, 2012
I removed it too. Screen looks much nicer. But i think the sticky residue was making the screen not smooth to touch and swipe. So i wiped it with alcohol and then put a liquid screen protector (oleophobic coating) and now my compact's screen is so smooth to touch.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

theprince1991

Dec 8, 2008
Yup! Now u have no front branding logo & off course no warranty. so how abt. carving TONY PONY in the blank top bezel? Let's see how it looks like!

What say? ;)

It doesn't void warranty. If the screen smashes with or without the ASF then they're obviously not going to cover it. I took the ASF on my XPERIA Z and thinking of doing the same with my Z1C. Looks and feels better.

Zangetsu937

Oct 13, 2012
Whitout the protector screen, you will have scratch on the screen ? Isn't ?

Envoyé de mon D5503 en utilisant Tapatalk

jonsnow69

Dec 21, 2010
When I had my Xperia S, I had some pretty deep scratches so after 18 months decided to remove the shatter proof sheet. It was like a brand new phone. So I'll do the same with this one; wait until I've scuffed it up properly and then remove it.

mr mystery

Nov 20, 2010
Brampton
i contacted my sony service in croatia and they said that i can remove the ASF without losing my warranty.
i suggest you do the same, to confirm that you loose yours.
Does it affect screen sensitivity at all? I've seen posts that say removing the film leads to supersensitive response and ghost touches when typing etc.

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
Does it affect screen sensitivity at all? I've seen posts that say removing the film leads to supersensitive response and ghost touches when typing etc.

yes it does.. but only for z1 .. on z1 compact sony solved the problem. i had z1 before and i sell it only for that and now i have z1 compact without ASF and i can tell you it doesen`t have any ghost touch or sensitive responses ..
sorry for my english :)

mr mystery

Nov 20, 2010
Brampton
yes it does.. but only for z1 .. on z1 compact sony solved the problem. i had z1 before and i sell it only for that and now i have z1 compact without ASF and i can tell you it doesen`t have any ghost touch or sensitive responses ..
sorry for my english :)

Thanks, good to know. When my screen gets scratched up I'll remove mine too.

skwal83

Oct 4, 2010
some say they have ghost touches without the asf
other say they dont have

is there any explanation for the different behavior of different z1c?
maybe panel-producer?
rest of glue ont sthe screen?

Ephixi4

Jun 7, 2014
I just got this phone and planing on doing same thing. But first gonna order the screen protector. About the water protection: Idk really. If you do this really delicate I think it's fine. But if you just gonna pull it very strong it may unseal it a bit . (?) Just my thoughts though.

Top Liked Posts