[Q] went back to factory to return phone, it updated to 4.3...froze on loading screen

Search This thread

RONxBURGUNDY

Aug 3, 2013
so i was planning on turning in my note 2 tomorrow to get a new phone...so i wanted to put the stock image back on it...went back to 4.1.2, no problem. then it updates to 4.3 and it's stuck in bootloop...just shows the "note 2" logo...i can't get into the volume up + power + home to erase the cache...it won't even get to that screen...all i can do is get into the odin menu...i have reloaded 4.3 about 6 times, trying different combinations of partitioning and not partitioning, neither works.

if i choose the "nand erase all" box...am i just asking for trouble? i've been messing with this for about 5 hours now...any help is greatly appreciated, i tried googling for at least 2 hours but i can't find anyone that has this specific issue...

RONxBURGUNDY

Aug 3, 2013
also, i've tried using kies, it won't recognize the phone...i can't do the one where you put in the model number, says my phone can't initialize the update...grr...

Bonkurei

Jun 22, 2012
so i was planning on turning in my note 2 tomorrow to get a new phone...so i wanted to put the stock image back on it...went back to 4.1.2, no problem. then it updates to 4.3 and it's stuck in bootloop...just shows the "note 2" logo...i can't get into the volume up + power + home to erase the cache...it won't even get to that screen...all i can do is get into the odin menu...i have reloaded 4.3 about 6 times, trying different combinations of partitioning and not partitioning, neither works.

if i choose the "nand erase all" box...am i just asking for trouble? i've been messing with this for about 5 hours now...any help is greatly appreciated, i tried googling for at least 2 hours but i can't find anyone that has this specific issue...

also, i've tried using kies, it won't recognize the phone...i can't do the one where you put in the model number, says my phone can't initialize the update...grr...

if i remember correctly, i stumble something like this a while back with my cousin phone.
what i do back then is to odin cwm recovery, and after that for some reason i could get to recovery

RONxBURGUNDY

Aug 3, 2013
if i remember correctly, i stumble something like this a while back with my cousin phone.
what i do back then is to odin cwm recovery, and after that for some reason i could get to recovery

just tried to put cwm on it...odin won't let it work...says "nand write start"...then says "fail!"...could it be because i "think" it's on 4.3 now? there's a message that says "knox warranty void: 0"...i think that's a new thing on 4.3...?

i'm about to just smash it and squaretrade warranty it lol

Bonkurei

Jun 22, 2012
just tried to put cwm on it...odin won't let it work...says "nand write start"...then says "fail!"...could it be because i "think" it's on 4.3 now? there's a message that says "knox warranty void: 0"...i think that's a new thing on 4.3...?

lol kinda sad to see it smash, sorry it dont work for you.
also if my memory serve me right, my cousin phone are s3 with 4.3 on it, so in my case it work on 4.3

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs

That would be correct.. You are on a 4.3 bootloader
You need to flash via odin..MJ9 Kies tar.. Also use the pit when flashing
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

RONxBURGUNDY

Aug 3, 2013

used the pit...flashed I605VRUEMJ9_I605VZWEMJ9_I605VRUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md5 that i downloaded from here...still stuck on note II splash logo, can't get into recovery, can still get in odin. computer will recognize it's hooked up, but kies won't connect either. think i'm giving up on it :)

Reactions: glockman4519

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
used the pit...flashed I605VRUEMJ9_I605VZWEMJ9_I605VRUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md5 that i downloaded from here...still stuck on note II splash logo, can't get into recovery, can still get in odin. computer will recognize it's hooked up, but kies won't connect either. think i'm giving up on it :)

Recovery meaning stock recovery? Bc your on 4.3 bootloader so you won't be able to have a custom recovery unless on safe strap.. see if you have stock recovery and do a factory reset once Odin goes though fine

Bonkurei

Jun 22, 2012
Recovery meaning stock recovery? Bc your on 4.3 bootloader so you won't be able to have a custom recovery unless on safe strap.. see if you have stock recovery and do a factory reset once Odin goes though fine

yup i think what he meant is stock recovery, and after taking ota 4.3 his phone goes bootloop and he cant perform factory reset because he cant get in to stock recovery. cmiiw.

RONxBURGUNDY

Aug 3, 2013
yup i think what he meant is stock recovery, and after taking ota 4.3 his phone goes bootloop and he cant perform factory reset because he cant get in to stock recovery. cmiiw.

yup, exactly right. pretty close to giving up here :) but that's ok...i can just break it. i've already traded in another phone...got myself an m8...

thanks anyways.

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
After my grand daughter got my SCH-i650 into TWRP recovery mode and then proceeded to really (&#$^@# it up, needless to say it was totally screwed. My fault though. I ended up flashing with odin back to stock and used the MJ9 4.3 version.I didn't know that the boot loader was locked up tight on this one so I am stuck with it. I rooted, then put the new safe strap on it and got stuck in a splash screen. I could hear messages coming through but my screen was locked. Long story short, what finally worked was what you all said to do in this thread and then stock recovery and factory reset. At least I have my phone back. I really miss Alliance and Trent's rom but glad to at least have my phone working. Thank you all for all the help and suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yup, exactly right. pretty close to giving up here :) but that's ok...i can just break it. i've already traded in another phone...got myself an m8...

thanks anyways.