[ROM][4.4.2][Official] NamelessROM [Nightlies]

Search This thread

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
@BlaqueDroid

Update on latest nightly:
I just updated to the lastest nightly (stable) and the stepsensor fix isn't applied.
When running the test I get false and false. I checked the /etc/permissions folder and the 2 xml files are not present.
Contact names are still not displaying when using DarkUI.
Browser sometimes crashes when trying to download. Firefox works so not a biggy.

I must say battery life on this ROM is better than CM11. I went from 14h00 yesterday till 13:30 today and still had 24% battery left.
On CM11 I'd get no more than 14hrs on a single charge.
I cant say for certain its 100% the ROM or if its thatstepsensor fix that I applied to it yesterday.
I'm sure I'd get even more from the battery once DarkUI has been fixed.

Thanks Nameless Team :highfive:

BlaqueDroid

Oct 13, 2013
Johannesburg
@BlaqueDroid

Update on latest nightly:
I just updated to the lastest nightly (stable) and the stepsensor fix isn't applied.
When running the test I get false and false. I checked the /etc/permissions folder and the 2 xml files are not present.
Contact names are still not displaying when using DarkUI.
Browser sometimes crashes when trying to download. Firefox works so not a biggy.

I must say battery life on this ROM is better than CM11. I went from 14h00 yesterday till 13:30 today and still had 24% battery left.
On CM11 I'd get no more than 14hrs on a single charge.
I cant say for certain its 100% the ROM or if its thatstepsensor fix that I applied to it yesterday.
I'm sure I'd get even more from the battery once DarkUI has been fixed.

Thanks Nameless Team :highfive:

Hey man PM me your number so i can call you

Reactions: FaffaKnoetze

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
Finally got the OTA download completed successfully (no thanks to CellC) and installed.

The stepsensor fix is now part of the build and test returns true and true :D

Problem with DarkUI and contacts names being black when accessing "All Contacts" from Dialer still exists.
"People" in app drawer still themed white even when using DarkUI.

Keep 'em coming Nameless team :victory:

mathy007

Dec 29, 2012
warri
When the contact issue has been solved with dark ui i shall return but for now am stuck with carbon rom

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
When the contact issue has been solved with dark ui i shall return but for now am stuck with carbon rom

+1 it would be nice to use the DarkUI - for the battery saving benefits at least.
@BlaqueDroid - The LED notifications are not working as well, even after updating to the latest nightly 20140403. The stock browser still crashes when trying to download anything.

I tried doing a clean/fresh install today to see if that fixed the browser and LED notifications but no change.

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
Battery is very good on this ROM :D
Data and WiFi always on as well Sync.
Location services set to Battery Saving.

Its Flash-a-ROM Friday so I'm gonna test the latest SlimKat, since seeing its done by BlaqueDroid too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-04-20-03-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-04-20-03-01.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_2014-04-04-20-03-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-04-20-03-06.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 223

BlaqueDroid

Oct 13, 2013
Johannesburg
Battery is very good on this ROM :D
Data and WiFi always on as well Sync.
Location services set to Battery Saving.

Its Flash-a-ROM Friday so I'm gonna test the latest SlimKat, since seeing its done by BlaqueDroid too.

The LED works coz theres a setting on display and lights under settings as for browser remember i told you to flash the PA -GAPPS i have linked on the first page as it removes the stock browser and it adds chrome browser

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
The LED works coz theres a setting on display and lights under settings as for browser remember i told you to flash the PA -GAPPS i have linked on the first page as it removes the stock browser and it adds chrome browser

I have the setting enabled but the LED still doesn't work. It will work if I get an email and flash blue but if I receive a BBM it does flash purple(the colour I chose within the BBM app).

I used your PA-GAPPS but re-installed the nightly and used an older GAPPS I had as the new PA-GAPPS removes the stock SMS Message app and replaces it with Hangouts instead. I'm not a fan of using Hangouts for SMS messaging. I'll just keep using FireFox as my default browser, no train smash there.

I tried your SlimKat ROM but that only lasted an hour before I wiped and restored my backup of Nameless.
Nothing wrong with the ROM but it didnt have all the customization options that Nameless has.

ardman1

Oct 25, 2007
After one day I am very impressed. This is by far the most stable and battery friendly non-TW I have used. 2% battery loss during 8 hours (night time) is extremely impressive. Notification led seems good. This is my new go-to. Congrats guys!

Reactions: ChampMEon

mathy007

Dec 29, 2012
warri
@Gboss01. Don't you think is from your side that you're having led issue. For me i never had any problems with led while using this rom

joms12

Nov 23, 2013
Anyone experience random wake up? I mean my screen goes on randomly.. Also random system.ui fc.

For battery.. This is lot better!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][4.4.2][Official] NamelessROM [Nightlies]

What is NamelessROM?

What is NamelessROM ?
    Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

Features List
    1. NamelessROM Proprietary Features
    2. On-The-Go Mode (YouTube Presentation)
    3. NamelessROM Setup Wizard (replaces Google SetupWizard)
    4. DeviceControl App - Allows for device-specific customizations
    5. NamelessROM OTA Update Center
    6. Fully Integrated KitKat White UI Theme
    7. Advanced Device Information in Settings -> About Phone
    8. Interface Features
    9. DarkToggle - TRDS
    10. Animation Control
    11. Custom Battery Icon Settings
    12. Center Clock Setting
    13. Custom Carrier Label
    14. Signal Icon Settings
    15. Network Activity Indicator
    16. Network Speed Indicator
    17. Notification Count in StatusBar
    18. Double-Tap StatusBar to Sleep
    19. Theme Chooser
    20. Recents RAM Bar
    21. Configurable / Hide-able ClearAll Button in Recents
    22. Screen-Off Animations
    23. Notification Drawer Features
    24. BrightnessSlider in Notification Drawer (see screenshots - like Stock ROMs)
    25. Contextual Notification Panel Headers (notification header background image changes based on time of day)
    26. Auto-Close Notification Drawer
    27. Notification Drawer / Notification Transparency Settings
    28. CM QuickToggles and Ribbons
    29. Lockscreen Features
    30. Lockscreen Notifications
    31. Lockscreen See-Through
    32. QuickUnlock for PIN/Password Security Lockscreens
    33. Battery Level Around UnlockRing
    34. Carousel Animation for Lockscreen Widgets
    35. Custom Lockscreen Widgets
    36. Sound Features
    37. Audio Themes - (will be grayed out until SoundPackages are placed in proper directory on SD Card!!!)
    38. QuietHours
    39. Charging Sounds
    40. Dialer Features
    41. Non-Intrusive InCallUI
    42. Flip to Mute / Flip to Reject Incoming Call
    43. Send Incoming Call to NotificationDrawer/StatusBar
    44. Reverse Lookup
    45. Nearby Location Search within Dialer (like GoogleDialer)
    46. Button Features
    47. Music Playback Control (long-press volume buttons to skip music tracks)
    48. Reorient Volume Buttons on rotation
    49. Keyboard Cursor Control with Volume Buttons
    50. Volume Button Wake
    51. Screenshot / Screenrecord PowerMenu opti

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit​

Beta Download
    Stable Download
    Official Nightlies Download
    PA-GAPPS Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    NamelessROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    BlaqueDroid, BlaqueDroid
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: AOSP
    Based On: AOSP, AOKP, CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-01
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-29

Created 2014-03-30
    Last Updated 2014-04-02
    Screen Shots

Here Are The ScreenShots Guys as for the Bugs hmmmmm please let me as i cant find any yet only for the usuall Random Call Bug

Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-37-49.jpg Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-37-59.jpg Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-38-50.jpg

Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-39-05.jpg Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-38-31.jpg Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-39-23.jpg
    And Officially we Goooooooo

Alrght guys the first Nightly is out and the link is available on the first page and as usuall i have it below

http://sourceforge.net/projects/namelessrom/files/i9500/
    Latest nightly breaks Xposed framework and doesn't let me re-install.
    That's because CM11 uses a new theming engine. It's not a bug with CM11, Xposed needs to be modified for this and Rovo is aware of this.
    You can disable resource hooks in the Xposed Installer, though, but that'll break some modules.