[Q] Xperia V: Charge and use USB Host Cable at the same time?

Search This thread

grisu59964

Sep 15, 2013
N 51° E 008°
Sony Xperia 5
Hi everyone,

has anybody successfully tried to use the docking station connector to charge the Xperia V while using the USB port to add an external flash drive?
I'm using my broken Xperia V as a web server and I'd like to add more storage.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

DIY USB OTG With Charger ENABLE

Hi everyone,

has anybody successfully tried to use the docking station connector to charge the Xperia V while using the USB port to add an external flash drive?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

you can try customize USB-On-The-Go (OTG) with charger enable...
a normal USB OTG connected Sense/ID together Ground to work USB OTG only
to enable charger you need 100k ohm resistor connect it between Sense/ID and Ground
.....it should be work....but it's quite mesh up
I attach some picture....(sorry for my english).....
Screenshot_2014-04-03-20-42-08.jpg
Have a fun with your DIY

Reactions: grisu59964

Monipeev

Apr 22, 2010
Sofia
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Option is to use Sony Ericsson dk10 live dock station, like me, which has no problem charging the phone, and attach a flash drive to dock and thus be used as a network drive even or as you decide. But the price of this dock at the moment is about 25$.
This is just my opinion and my practice. :)

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: grisu59964

grisu59964

Sep 15, 2013
N 51° E 008°
Sony Xperia 5
to enable charger you need 100k ohm resistor connect it between Sense/ID and Ground
View attachment 2666370
Have a fun with your DIY
Have you thried such a cable yourself? I saw some cables with additional power connector on eBay, but the descriptions told nothing about charging the phone. Does a DIY cable really allow the charging of the phone?

Option is to use Sony Ericsson dk10 live dock station, like me, which has no problem charging the phone, and attach a flash drive to dock and thus be used as a network drive even or as you decide. But the price of this dock at the moment is about 25$.
This also sounds quite interesting. I think I'll give it a try and test if it works with the XV, too. Thank you!

Have you thried such a cable yourself? I saw some cables with additional power connector on eBay, but the descriptions told nothing about charging the phone. Does a DIY cable really allow the charging of the phone?

yep... I already try and it working but......USB OTG with CHARGER ENABLE cannot work without external power.... it was standard circuit design which USB mini already support to become device or host that why MicroUSB connector have 5 pin (with sense) especially xperia mostly using female MicroUSB type A/B connector

I attach my picture that I have tried I use 1 TB external harddisk on my Xperia V

Screenshot_2013-11-01-23-14-41.jpg

more info about USB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Screenshot_2014-04-03-20-42-08.jpg
    Have a fun with your DIY

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Premium 4 mobile app