[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X (2015)

Search This thread

Shuudoushi

Feb 19, 2014
GPS isn't really working, it is mostly getting your cords from wifi and wireless networks, that's why it can only tell you where you are with in about 3km.

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
are you using network? Why does it f out on some and be perfect on others?

@m.ksy and other Developers
Anyways, I'm working on a P.A.C build, and I'm having some trobule with sources. I starting looking at the sources i could keep and some i couldn't. I found that android_Build and android_Bionic aren't so easy(i should look at in depth), and so I started to combined the sources. However, i ran into a few problems, and I'm not sure if i should use Cm(defy) or the one combined with Pac... If i can, I want to use Defy, but I'm not sure if i can. I want to confim that i can before i spend some days and find out I can't...

I've been working on Liquid KitKat and have been using Liquid's build and I think bionic. I been using Quarx2k's cm11 build repo to make necessary changes to liquid's build.

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
So ready for all the droid x to receive some kk love :) hope we get as much as we did with ICS and m.ksy I guess so since my last reboot was 1pm give or take yesterday and its 5pm now where I'm at

Sent from my DROID X running cm11

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
error: .repo/manifests/: contains uncommitted changes
yeah I admit i edited the manifest directly...
anyone know a way around?
Nevermind, I made a local_manifest...

Last edited:

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Is there any way to optimize the battery on kit Kat cm11 or ics cm9? Because this what my battery looks like. I can get at least two hours of screen on time on stock .621.

Sent from my DROIDX using xda app-developers app

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396663915834.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396663915834.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 101

LGC_Gamma

Sep 11, 2013
Chicago
I noticed a small bug with the 3-31 ROM, you cant lock the screen for a few minutes after you power on the device. And do you guys know when the next build is being uploaded? I'm excited to see what you guys have been working on.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

I think you have a bad battery bro.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-05-00-30-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-05-00-30-28.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
...And do you guys know when the next build is being uploaded?..
First rule for posting in a Dev thread is do not ask for ETAs. m.ksy has been posting a new build almost everyday for the last month, and I'm sure he will post a new one when he has some new fixes/features ready.

Oggie7797

Jan 10, 2014
Jordan, Arkansas
I used to have a bloated battery on stock .621 and trust me an hour of life means bad battery get a new bh5x for $8 on amazon. And I already messaged m.ksy bout the bug. No more random reboots for me though thank god :D do you have problems downloading Facebook? I can download other apks but I cant even sideload Facebook or even use TiBu to install it..as if cm11 hates it haha

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

First rule for posting in a Dev thread is do not ask for ETAs. m.ksy has been posting a new build almost everyday for the last month, and I'm sure he will post a new one when he has some new fixes/features ready.

I think he deserves a break...popping out nightlies almost every night for a month without pay? Yea I'd be a lil ticked if someone started asking for ETA's :p

Reactions: sd_shadow

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
D do you have problems downloading Facebook? I can download other apks but I cant even sideload Facebook or even use TiBu to install it..as if cm11 hates it haha

Sometimes a inverted apk will install on a rom when the original will not, try the Facebook here http://www.designrifts.com/teamblackedoutapp/category/blacked-out-apps/

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Is there any way to optimize the battery on kit Kat cm11 or ics cm9? Because this what my battery looks like. I can get at least two hours of screen on time on stock .621.

Did you cook the processor or battery when you "Oc'd to 1300 MHz!"?

Reactions: Oggie7797

Shuudoushi

Feb 19, 2014
I had something kinda funny happen today... My phone had so many random reboots so close together, that my phone wouldn't charge and died...

sunda

Dec 1, 2007
Thanks for Make This Happen!

Mine has been running for 3 day, using ART, and its running so smooth and much-much-much better battery life. Its a prove that Google should really push KItKat to all Android device to eliminates the Android fragmented. If Google don't wanna do it, then CM always do, always can! Thank You Guys!

Reactions: m.ksy

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I had something kinda funny happen today... My phone had so many random reboots so close together, that my phone wouldn't charge and died...
It is possible to drain battery to point that the phone can no longer run the firmware needed to charge battery, may need a spare battery charger to charge battery..

Reactions: Shuudoushi

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
do you have problems downloading Facebook? I can download other apks but I cant even sideload Facebook...
i just installed Facebook on cm-11-20140331-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip and seems to work fine, may have been an facebook update since you tried.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

or you install an anp or changed a setting that is causing facebook install to fail

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

or even use TiBu to install it..as if cm11 hates it haha
titanium backup seems to be working for me.

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
does anyone knoe the average /systen size of cm and pac? i ask because what i'm doing involes A LOT of work...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Video] Installing CM11 on the Motorola Droid X (MB810)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions for installing CM11 on Motorola Droid X:
    1. If you're on a custom ROM already (CM, MIUI, LiquidICS, etc.) goto step 6.
    2. Download Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper CWM 5.0.2.0,
      Framaroot: newer versions may not work Framaroot-1.4.1.apk (XDA) - AFH - RootJunky - Mega -
      Framaroot.apk
      , twrp_2.7_cm11_dx.zip, latest gapps, and ROM to sdcard from one of the storages: MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive.
    3. On phone: Settings->Applications(Enable Unknown sources)->Development->Enable USB Debugging.
    4. Install Framaroot.apk, launch it and select "Gimli", reboot you're phone.
    5. Install Droid2RecoveryBootstrap_CWM5.0.2.0.apk, launch it, select "Bootstrap Recovery", grant Superuser access and reboot phone.
    6. Reboot phone into CWM Recovery or if you on stock firmware launch Droid X Bootstrapper and press "Reboot Recovery".
    7. In CWM choose wipe data/factory reset (this will completely delete all your data on phone except sdcard), then install zip from sdcard and select twrp_cm11_dx.zip.
    8. Reboot system.
    9. (It's touch) Recovery -> Team Win Recovery.
    10. In TWRP choose Install and select ROM, then slide, then make the same with gapps.
    11. After install press Reboot system.

Additional:

• If you want to format data and cache partitions to ext4, you'll need to flash data_cache_2ext4.zip. To revert the partitions back to ext3, you'll need to wipe data/factory reset in stock recovery.
    In both cases you loose your files on these partitions.
    It at a point turns on and off the display and buttons, its not off, be patient.

Upgrading:
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Select "Backup"
    3. Check all boxes that apply, then swipe.
    4. Once finished, go back to the main menu.
    5. Select "Wipe -> Advanced Wipe".
    6. Check all boxes that apply but "sdcard" then swipe.
    7. Return to main menu again.
    8. Select "Install".
    9. Find and select the latest version of the ROM that is saved on your sdcard, then select "Add More Zips" and find the latest version of Gapps that is on your sdcard, swipe.
    10. Select "Reboot System". Enjoy!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Live support:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Supported languages:

• Arabic - Egypt (makes a difference!!)
    • Chinese - China (maybe simplified)
    • Chinese - Taiwan
    • Czech - Czech
    • Danish - Denmark
    • Dutch - Netherlands
    • English - U.S, British, Indian
    • French - France
    • German - Germany
    • Hebrew - Israel
    • Hungarian - Hungary
    • Italian - Italy
    • Korean - Korea
    • Modern Greek - Greece
    • Polish - Poland
    • Portuguese - Brazil
    • Romanian - Romania
    • Russian - Russia
    • Spanish - Spain
    • Swedish - Sweden
    • Ukrainian - Ukrainian

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Preformence Guide:

• About phone --> Click Build number 8 times Necessary for the two below
    • Developer Options --> At the Bottom: Select runtime --> ART (its truely an art)
    • Performance --> Force high-end graphics(optional)
    • Aero Control (play store) -->Menu --> CPU Performance --> Govenor Settings --> smartass
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> GPU Control --> GPU Control
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> Memory Tuning --> Low Memory Option
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> Memory Tuning --> IO Scheduler --> deadline
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Settings --> Reboot check mark...
    • Clear cache from twrp
    Feel free to suggest more, This is what help Preformence tons...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Links:

Updates:

- CM repo sync
    - Quarx's repo sync
    - fixed BT headset audio
    - fixed no digits on clock and ringing alarm screens
    - leave only MPEG4 codec for camcorder(again)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I made a installer app, Why dont you give it a try? (BUGGED ABIT)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MotoDX-CM11, ROM for the Motorola Droid X

Contributors
    Aaahh, m.ksy, sd_shadow, Aaahh
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotoDX-CM11

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.6.3.0||2.7.0.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 12.26
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-26
    Current Beta Version: 09.30
    Beta Release Date: 2014-09-30

Created 2014-07-24
    Last Updated 2015-12-13
    cm-11-20140301-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip for testing. ROM that I have built before moving repo sources on to safestrap. asset already deleted. And some screenshots :D Also, for me data partition mounted automaticaly and I don't got bootloop (system started for a few seconds after installing in twrp) and FC's on system starting.

New CM11: cm-11-20141226-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip
    Finally my studying in univercity completed (with excellent results) :) And now I have more time for develop.
    New KitKat

New ROM - cm-11-20140409-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
    md5: 00c20ad50e6432ef7c8acb2ed8e58f6c

Changelog:

- CM repo sync
    - fix stuck on reboot
    New KitKat

New ROM - cm-11-20140416-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
    md5: aa5ba1ced46fdde39a1d637f25f81044

Changelog:

- CM repo sync (new theme engine, etc.)
    - fix in call audio switching (BT also, but only scratch may hear)
    - Defy's files cleanup
    - deleted some GSM stuff
    - cap battery level at 100%